Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was kinda bored by this episode until they showed more of Sherlock's past.

As the central character, it's definitely important to know more about him. And t least they're lso keeping Mycroft relevant in this series.
Jan 10, 2020 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
Man, I feel sorry for Moriarty.

And Sherlock is brilliant.

Jan 10, 2020 11:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of flashbacks in this episode, it was ok I guess
Jan 10, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2019
One more episode, one more question. No, more than one question.

- Sherlock's brother is working for Moran, is it really a coincidence?
- What's that freak gang doing to Moriarty? What did they do to Isshiki?
- What's with Moriarty and ripping butterflies?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 10, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
More than Sherlock's backstory, I was interested in Moriarty's.

Moriarty was interesting. He looks like a vulnerable and sweet kid, but it doesn't seem like he values life that much. He probably was the one who killed his own mum.

I am also interested to know more about the jail side of the story. The kind guy may have poisoned his wife. I really want to see more of him.

It was nice to see Sherlock solve a mystery immediately like he does in the books. Also, I liked how Moriarty says the things about Sherlock that John Watson's friend tells John in Book 1.

The pretty ed got changed. Kind of sad about that part!
Jan 10, 2020 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Felt like a introduction to the 2nd half where the previous episode was epiloque to the first half. Nice how they presented new background infos in the style/feeling of a recap episode.

Also ... VA of the prisoner guy sounded like Otsuka Houchuu. Great.
Jan 10, 2020 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
Bit of a slower ep. A lot more backstory stuff with some inklings of where the plot may go for the second half.
Jan 10, 2020 5:57 PM

Oct 2009
FuMomo-kun said:
Moriarty was interesting. He looks like a vulnerable and sweet kid, but it doesn't seem like he values life that much. He probably was the one who killed his own mum.

That ... is actually a very astute idea. Not valuing life that much - with what we've learned in this episode, it might just be he's always had some mental issues, ie. it's not a conscious thing on his part, he's just detached like that. And as a result, him killing his mother indeed sounds very plausible: one of those acts the person doesn't even realise doing, or the significance of it, until later when everything settles and the consequences sink in (or maybe even an actual accident). Of course his father would hate him for that, especially if he actually did love his wife, which I don't think we know much of at this point. (And the butterflies could just be something that remind him of his mother, a trinket she had with the motif, or whatever - would explain him crushing them all the time.)

Ugh. Someone save him please, idk, I still can't not want to hug him. :(
yellowheartrenJan 10, 2020 6:01 PM
Jan 10, 2020 8:01 PM
May 2019
Stark700 said:

I was kinda bored by this episode until they showed more of Sherlock's past.

As the central character, it's definitely important to know more about him. And t least they're lso keeping Mycroft relevant in this series.

I agree, I wasn't exactly bored by the episode, but I can't say I was excited either. Just watching until Sherlock's past popped up. I really appreciated these flashbacks, more than I usually appreciate anime flashbacks. Glad we got to see them.
Leo said:
Man, I feel sorry for Moriarty.

And Sherlock is brilliant.

Moriarty!! T_T This anime really has it out for him. And honestly, I wish I had a brain like Sherlock's sometimes, and then I remember that he's not exactly normal lol
Jan 11, 2020 6:22 AM

Apr 2017
Did they abuse him sexually in the prison like Ash Lynx from Banana Fish?
Jan 11, 2020 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Lots of background information, intel and Mycroft. I liked this episode.
Jan 11, 2020 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
I think this might be my favorite episode yet. Getting to know better how Moriarty and Sherlock's meeting and connection came to be was nice, and it's poignant that it's pretty much thanks to Alex too. Now I feel sorry for the guy who really seemed to be trying to help him, as he could at least, and still worried about Moriarty himself, who is still there. The violence might get worse. Oh, and I wonder why Sherlock's brother was snooping around and taking photos like that. Watson calling him "brother" was really funny too. xD
Jan 11, 2020 10:25 PM

Jun 2013
I missed this show. I love the wackiness of the cast but also the serious tones.

Poor Moriarty is being targeted by a Marlon Brando look-alike in prison. I wonder about that guy who helped him out, he poisoned his wife on accident but the guy at the end said "I wonder about that."

Also, Myocraft was taking pictures of Sherlock's place and found a wiretap in the bathroom, I'm guessing.
臭い-
Jan 12, 2020 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
Despite bringing justice for the one he loves, Moriarty ended up in jail, which is just sad.

Sherlock's brother Mycroft came around to their place to scour info about Moriarty, but what's interesting is Sherlock's backstory, how he got into Rakugo by running away into Kabukichou trying to find freedom, and meeting young Moriarty by coincidence. Kabukichou's Sherlock, if you will.

Even Moriarty's backstory of coincidentally finding Sherlock, wandering into a place of significance after his sister Alex was slain by Jack the Ripper, everything is back to square one for him.

New ED song, I'd like the first one better.
Jan 13, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2012
Fayrin said:
I think this might be my favorite episode yet. Getting to know better how Moriarty and Sherlock's meeting and connection came to be was nice, and it's poignant that it's pretty much thanks to Alex too. Now I feel sorry for the guy who really seemed to be trying to help him, as he could at least, and still worried about Moriarty himself, who is still there. The violence might get worse. Oh, and I wonder why Sherlock's brother was snooping around and taking photos like that. Watson calling him "brother" was really funny too. xD

This was my favorite too. It's a recap with two back stories and a crime that was solved but somehow the writers managed to put it all together in a way that moves the main story forward and deepens our investment in the characters.
Jan 13, 2020 11:44 AM
May 2019
Same OP, new ED?

Also yeah the butterflies thing is still weird. He does seem like a bit of a psychopath. The way he casually talked about corpses with his sister, the mutilation of butterflies, his father regarding him as creepy. The extent of Moriarty's darkness can't simply be "killed a killer" because... Moriarty.
Jan 13, 2020 4:48 PM
Feb 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
More than Sherlock's backstory, I was interested in Moriarty's.

I don't think James killed his mother, but his father thinks he did.
Jan 14, 2020 8:33 AM

Oct 2017
Moriarty and Sherlock's backstory was great. Also I wonder what Mycroft's upto.
Jan 21, 2020 3:00 AM
Jan 2020
solidss said:
Did they abuse him sexually in the prison like Ash Lynx from Banana Fish?

Oh god.. I hope not
Jan 17, 2021 2:29 AM

Jul 2015
The jack the ripper case really made Watson lose his mind making him now think he is Holmes wife with Mycroft his oniisan lol. Poor Moriarty though, losing his sister and mother, his dad targeting him and now the inmate weirdo targeting him too...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.