Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you think that deserves a remake and why?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
JumpinJC said:
Rurouni Kenshin. A version that follows the manga.

Yeah. It needs the Hunter X Hunter 2011 treatment.
Jan 14, 2016 6:08 PM

Dec 2015
Slam Dunk, and not just remakes but also makes the 2 last battles too
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 14, 2016 6:21 PM

Jul 2011
Dag4444 said:
I'd kill for a 75 episode remake of Umineko no Naku Koro ni that also covers the second half of the source material.

This.
Or at least a second season will do. =/

Forum set by secret santa
Jan 14, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
School days, that ending continues to haunt me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2015
Why has no one mentioned Kuroshitsuji?
Jan 14, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
Nadia: secret of blue water. Had a solid story, stuck to it for the most part. I also think the creator had a different ending in mind but for some reason or another he went with the one it had. Maybe a remake/alt. retelling.
Trigun. They could do what FMA did and play straight from the manga rather than what they did since just glossing through details a lot of stuff was changed/never showed.
Jan 14, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:
Nadia: secret of blue water. Had a solid story, stuck to it for the most part. I also think the creator had a different ending in mind but for some reason or another he went with the one it had. Maybe a remake/alt. retelling.
Trigun. They could do what FMA did and play straight from the manga rather than what they did since just glossing through details a lot of stuff was changed/never showed.
For Nadia, if they give Anno the ending he wanted then its just going to be a clusterfuck of nonsense like NGE was.
Jan 14, 2016 8:17 PM

Dec 2014
Rosario Vampire....

Need more of that Kurumu x Tsukune moments
Jan 14, 2016 9:08 PM

Sep 2015
Umineko. And this time do it right!

Illyricus- said:
Claymore, people, Claymore. That's the only objective response.

Claymore was pretty similar to the manga, though.

You just lost the game
Jan 14, 2016 9:40 PM
May 2015
Angel Beats. Backstories for all the other characters would give easily another 4+ episodes. The ending was rushed, too. Could be easily made into a great 24 episode anime. Plus more great music.
Jan 14, 2016 10:45 PM

Aug 2014
Calc_ said:
Dag4444 said:
I'd kill for a 75 episode remake of Umineko no Naku Koro ni that also covers the second half of the source material.

This.
Or at least a second season will do. =/

SO MUCH THIS! Also I feel like ep 1-4 getting a proper remake is a must.
Nov 16, 2019 9:14 AM
Sep 2019
Simple point of discussion: What old-school anime do you think deserves a good remake?

This came about when I found out that Cooking Master Boy is getting a remake. It's a show that I loved back in the day and it got me thinking about all the other anime that deserve to be remade - updated visuals, maybe an updated story.

My picks:
- YU-GI-OH! DUEL MONSTERS
- SHAMAN KING
- SLAM DUNK
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Nov 16, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2019
Easily Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:RE for me.

Nov 16, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
Tokyo Ghoul and especially Tokyo Ghoul:RE.I will always repeat this because I hate what they did to the anime.

Nov 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2018
Slam Dunk, because they haven't fully adapted the manga, and it's been around 25 years.

They could get a remake just like what Legend of the Galactic Heroes is currently having with The New Thesis

So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Nov 16, 2019 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
One Piece and Detective Conan ... no comment.
Nov 16, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2019
Lovely Complex. This is the best romance anime I have ever seen. It's made in 2007. by Toei but the animation itself is really bad. There are some 80s anime that have a better animation.
Nov 16, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2018
Soul Eater (anime's ending wasn't as good as manga's)
Yu Yu Hakusho (just like Madhouse did with Hunter x Hunter)
Akame ga Kill (just like soul eater anime ending was bad)
Nov 16, 2019 10:13 AM
Sep 2017
Berserk,Tokyo ghoul,hunter x hunter
Nov 16, 2019 10:14 AM
Jun 2016
Pandora hearts cos the anime ending was SHIT
Nov 16, 2019 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
Gokinjo Monogatari, most definitely. The ending for the manga was a lot more captivating and dramatic, and I loved the end with the fashion show. The anime totally took all of that out. I mean... the ending for the anime was cute but was definitely lacking compared to the manga ending. I would also like to see the anime with updated animation. The art style for the 1995 anime was very cute, but the animation was wonky at times. It would be cool to see it with an updated soundtrack as well. It's probably never going to happen, though. u_u;;
Nov 16, 2019 10:34 AM
Nov 2018
Welcome to the N.H.K
It was a perfect anime, and it’s still pretty relevant even now in 2019 with all the mental illness stuff. I think it just needs a touch-up in terms of animation.
Nov 16, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
Hunter x Hunter (2011) so the fanboys can fap imagining Gon x Hisoka all over again. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 16, 2019 10:41 AM
May 2019
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Claymore
- Soul Eater
- The Rose of Versailles
- Ashita No Joe
- Berserk
- Aria
- Gundam

Nov 16, 2019 10:44 AM
Nov 2017
Of all the anime I could have picked, sword art online. Not just a remake but get a better author to rewrite it. I personally really like the concept but the execution has been all wrong. Even though I thought season 3 was good there were still bits and pieces I didn't like and it felt somewhat rushed to me.
Nov 16, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2019
Akame Ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul (with Tokyo Ghoul:Re)
“α΄›Κœα΄‡ κœ°α΄€α΄„α΄› α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› ʏᴏᴜ Κœα΄€α΄ α΄‡ α΄€ α΄˜ΚŸα΄€α΄„α΄‡ α΄‘Κœα΄‡Κ€α΄‡ ʏᴏᴜ α΄„α΄€Ι΄ Κ€α΄‡α΄›α΄œΚ€Ι΄ Κœα΄α΄α΄‡, α΄‘Ιͺʟʟ ΚŸα΄‡α΄€α΄… ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄˜ΙͺΙ΄α΄‡κœ±κœ±. α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› Ιͺꜱ α΄€ ɒᴏᴏᴅ κœ°α΄€α΄„α΄›.” – α΄‹α΄€α΄‘α΄Κ€α΄œ Ι΄α΄€Ι’Ιͺκœ±α΄€
➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡➡
Nov 16, 2019 10:48 AM
Oct 2019
Shiki and gate the story could stay more or less the same i just think the animation is shit
Nov 16, 2019 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
buzzingbee87 said:

To my knowledge, wasn't Pandora Hearts following the manga? In this case, shouldn't it have a 2nd season instead of a remake?
Nov 16, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2015
Well, does a shity show really deserve a remake, it sounds wierd when it's put like that.

But Claymore shoud have a remake, thanks to how Madhouse fucked up the North Arc. It's something of the worse shit I have seen from Madhouse, the changes they did made the show ridiculous bad.

Rosario vampire need a anime adaption.
yeah it got one, but I woud not call that a adaption from the source material as the only thing they have incommon is the name of the characters.
Poor author that made a damn cool shounen and then a anime studio made it into pure garbage.

Nov 16, 2019 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Nillwas said:

yeah it got one, but I woud not call that a adaption from the source material as the only thing they have incommon is the name of the characters.
Poor author that made a damn cool shounen and then a anime studio made it into pure garbage.

Technically, Rosario + Vampire already has an anime adaptation: it's just that it doesn't adapt the whole manga. I think it'd be more accurate to say that it should have more seasons. I recall that the anime adapted the manga pretty well.
Nov 16, 2019 11:03 AM

Jan 2016
Elfen Lied and Claymore, maybe remake Index with a competent director as well
Nov 16, 2019 11:05 AM

Dec 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Nillwas said:

Technically, Rosario + Vampire already has an anime adaptation: it's just that it doesn't adapt the whole manga. I think it'd be more accurate to say that it should have more seasons. I recall that the anime adapted the manga pretty well.

The manga = Battleshounen.
The anime = a comedy show.

The only few things the manga and anime have incommon is the character design, races of the character and the name of the characters.

But that's all.
As the anime focus more on comedy then anything else.

The first season of the manga is a bit dark as it transforms Tsukune and he starts to lose himself after each battle goes on.

And the bad guy in the anime is Mokas father, they coud never save those 2 season of pure trash.

I'm sorry but I coud never agree that the adaption is close to good as it's trash in my view. maybe even something worse then trash.

Nov 16, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Nillwas said:

Nah, the first season was mostly canon, but the pace was way to slow and they changed the a few scenes, especially towards the end, in order to keep it a bland and formulaic harem.

The second season is entirely non-canon and horrible, just fanservice. It’s almost like they were determined to remove from the anime everything that made the manga good lmao.

The second season pretty much ruined the hope for any other seasons as well, unless they decide to reboot the series.
Nov 16, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Nillwas said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

The only few things the manga and anime have incommon is the character design, races of the character and the name of the characters.

But that's all.

The first season of the manga is a bit dark as it transforms Tsukune and he starts to lose himself after each battle goes on.

And the bad guy in the anime is Mokas father, they coud never save those 2 season of pure trash.

I'm sorry but I coud never agree that the adaption is close to good as it's trash in my view. maybe even something worse then trash.

No I mean, I remember the early parts of the manga were a slice of life harem comedy, but later on evolves into something bigger. The anime just didn't cover those later parts.
Jaegerbomb_106 said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

Nah, the first season was mostly canon, but the pace was way to slow and they changed the a few scenes, especially towards the end, in order to keep it a bland and formulaic harem.

The second season is entirely non-canon and horrible, just fanservice. It’s almost like they were determined to remove from the anime everything that made the manga good lmao.

The second season pretty much ruined the hope for any other seasons as well, unless they decide to reboot the series.

The 2nd season wasn't cannon? Huh. I guess my memory of the anime and manga is worse than I thought.
Nov 16, 2019 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Nillwas said:

But that's all.

No I mean, I remember the early parts of the manga were a slice of life harem comedy, but later on evolves into something bigger. The anime just didn't cover those later parts.
Jaegerbomb_106 said:

The 2nd season wasn't cannon? Huh. I guess my memory of the anime and manga is worse than I thought.

You shoud really give it a watch again.

It woud make sense if they have parody added into the genre of the anime.
As it's just nonsense.

The anime was something of the first thing I ever watched when I was into harems a bunch of years ago, even then I had problem with it. As it was so childish.

But thanks to that I bough the manga years later and I was really surprised over how the studio had destroyed the source material.

Nov 16, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2015
Gantz
Berserk
Slam Dunk
Rurouni Kenshin
Nov 16, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2017
Tokyo Ghoul:re (this one deserve remakes)
Monster
Genshiken
One outs
Nov 16, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Anyways, I haven't answered the topic of the thread yet:

Angel Beats (I've heard it has a remake...in the form of a light novel)
Berserk
Fate/Stay Night 2006 (I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this one up)

@A_At

Interesting. Why do you wish Monster to have a remake?
Nov 16, 2019 11:42 AM

Jun 2017
Tokyo Ghoul:Re, One Punch Man S2 and Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin
Nov 16, 2019 11:44 AM

Oct 2018
Fate/Stay Night - the Fate route needs a new anime adaptation since the original one did not age too well :(
Nov 16, 2019 11:53 AM

Apr 2019
Aku no Hana deserves a remake with a decent animation. Please, make it happen Japan.
Nov 16, 2019 11:56 AM
May 2019
@RealTheAbsurdist
Wait isn't the Fate/Zero a remake of Fate/Stay Night 2006?
Speaking of Monster it could benefit from having a better visuals and OST.
Also I was reading a manga recently and the pacing was so much better there, if they could improve a pacing in anime that would solve one of my main complaints.
Nov 16, 2019 11:57 AM
Apr 2019
I want Akame Ga Kill to be remade, but it will probably never happen. Too bad I won't see that final fight animated.
If humans are 70% water then I am 70% Jesus when I walk on a human.
Nov 16, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Xstasy said:
@RealTheAbsurdist
Wait isn't the Fate/Zero a remake of Fate/Stay Night 2006?
Speaking of Monster it could benefit from having a better visuals and OST.
Also I was reading a manga recently and the pacing was so much better there, if they could improve a pacing in anime that would solve one of my main complaints.

Fate/Zero is a prequel to the Fate/Stay Night series.
I thought the visuals for the Monster anime were great. I don't remember the OST though, but it's been years since I last watched Monster.
Nov 16, 2019 12:44 PM
Jun 2016
RealTheAbsurdist said:
buzzingbee87 said:

To my knowledge, wasn't Pandora Hearts following the manga? In this case, shouldn't it have a 2nd season instead of a remake?

It followed the manga pretty well until the very end- the manga went FAR BEYOND what the anime ending was, and that was an OG ending similarly to how black butler s1 ending was also completely unique and s2 was basically a horrible fanfic.
Nov 16, 2019 12:45 PM
Jun 2016
ANT4 said:
I want Akame Ga Kill to be remade, but it will probably never happen. Too bad I won't see that final fight animated.

I have heard really good things about the akame manga- i agree I would be totally down to rewatch a remake and see that particular fight sequence (not sure what it is but seeing the fights in there I would totally watch it!!).
Nov 16, 2019 1:27 PM
Dec 2018
Tsubasa Chronicle... and this time connect it to the story of Cardcaptor Sakura. I guess Clamp might do it someday.
Nov 16, 2019 1:34 PM

Oct 2018
Definitely Soul Eater, last dozen or so episodes were really bad.
Nov 16, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
Slam Dunk but it will never get one since the original author (mangaka) cancelled the anime license of it
Nov 16, 2019 1:44 PM

Oct 2008
Wish they remake Rewrite. They completely butchered the Anime. It could have been so much better... So much potential wasted... Would love to see 52-episodes remakes of Rewrite.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Jun 14

48 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Create Your Perfect Staff:

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

48 by ShatteredSans »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei? ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Jun 17

50 by ColourWheel »»
6 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Jun 17

85 by DesuMaiden »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it just me or is the Shoujo anime category pathetically small?

AngelicSuccubus - 38 minutes ago

4 by DesuMaiden »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.