Forum Settings
Forums

If you have siblings... Are they better off than you?

New
Sep 21, 2019 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
You know what they say, between siblings there's the one that has everything going for them and the one that is the less successful one. If you have siblings, which one are you?

I have the theory that younger siblings are usually better off than older ones because the parents learned how to better take care of a child, instead of when they are having their first experience with kids.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Sep 21, 2019 9:11 AM
Jun 2019
I think that you might be right to a certain extent with your "younger sibling is better off" theory, but only a bit. I think that mere luck and personal traits and skills play bigger role than being first or 2nd on the production line :)

Personally I don't have any siblings, but my mother has an older brother, an he's way better off than my mother. On the other hand one of my friends has 2 older brothers and 1 younger, but they all more or less on the same level when it comes to living standards.

I wonder if how he/she would've turned out if I had a younger brother/sister. My guess is that he/she would've better social skills than me, because my parents would've been a bit more easygoing with them than they were with me. Or at least I would hope so, so they wouldn't be as shy and unconfortable around people as I am. Sadly my parents divorced and not too long after that my father died in a traffic accident when I was only 7, so I ended up as an only child with a single mother.
Sep 21, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
Bakchos said:
I have the theory that younger siblings are usually better off than older ones because the parents learned how to better take care of a child, instead of when they are having their first experience with kids.
This is quite true. All of my failures ended up becoming stepping stones to success for that bitch. As the elder sibling I always have to go in not knowing much and then the younger one can simply use my experience to avoid all the pitfalls and be more successful. Not to mention parents tend to be more uptight with the older kid and loosen a bit when it comes to the younger one in terms of just about everything.

In short I'm not successful, I'm a failure if at all anything, the bitch is way better off than me.
Sep 21, 2019 9:27 AM

Nov 2009
I'm the less successful sibling ;o;

both of mine are doing what they both like to do with their careers and both are married.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Sep 21, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
I'm second place best off among my siblings. I have two younger sisters. The middle one and I always got good grades in school, we both have a couple of friends, even though she's way more popular than I ever was, we both have some accomplishments under our belts. Actually, my middle sister is arguably more successful than me. As I said, she is quite popular with people, she's really pretty (I'm not ugly, but close to her, I look like Gollum), she's smart enough, she even got accepted at an university in the UK - and and she chose the right course from the get go.

The youngest one though, she is still 12, so it all might be just a phase, but she's antisocial, has no friends, says she hates the whole world, never gets good grades and almost never leaves her room. So I'd say I'm at least better off than her. Although, I'd say her behavior probably has something to do with being raised by our stepmother from the get-go (our mother died when she was 2), so she has some issues born out of that.
Sep 21, 2019 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Maou_heika said:
Not to mention parents tend to be more uptight with the older kid and loosen a bit when it comes to the younger one in terms of just about everything.

i think this depends more on how your parents are cause in my experience it has been the opposite. it's not as relevant nowadays but in the past my parents always let my older brother get away with literally close to anything and were much harder on me. but i think they had their reasons.

as far as an answer to OP question, im the only one living to my own standards of success, i don't consider anyone in this world to be better off than me.
Sep 21, 2019 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
my younger brother is doing far better than me despite both of us having schizophrenia his illness is less severe and he can actually socialize in real life and do part time jobs like being a computer technician, its funny though i taught him those computer stuff and now he is better than the lazy and paranoid me
Sep 21, 2019 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
i cant answer for myself, but my family is a mixed bag. i'm the youngest of my three siblings: my oldest sibling lost his job, got evicted, and had to move back in. my third sibling is the first to go to college, but hasn't gotten a degree in 6 years and still lives at home. my second oldest sibling is the most successful, she's married with a kid, has her own apartment, and holds a stable career. my parents were hard raising them, and each one of them can trace their current issues back to their upbringings.

your upbringing is a big factor to success, but it's a lot more important being able to deal with the cards you've been dealt with
Sep 21, 2019 12:01 PM

Jun 2016
Financially? My two sisters are probably better off right now.
From a social standpoint? They have no friends nor partners, so I have the upper hand in that regard, which is also why I'm worse off financially lmao. I would say I'm more on track in the grand scheme of things than my siblings right now all things considered.
Sep 21, 2019 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
Yes in every way. Stop hitting where it hurts lol

Sep 21, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
Maou_heika said:
Bakchos said:
This is quite true. All of my failures ended up becoming stepping stones to success for that bitch. As the elder sibling I always have to go in not knowing much and then the younger one can simply use my experience to avoid all the pitfalls and be more successful. Not to mention parents tend to be more uptight with the older kid and loosen a bit when it comes to the younger one in terms of just about everything.

In short I'm not successful, I'm a failure if at all anything, the bitch is way better off than me.
I’m the younger sibling. I definitely watched what my older sister did and was like “nope” I’m not doing that. Right now I’m definitely set up to be more successful.

On the other hand, my parents are a bit more uptight with me being the younger and seems to instead have their expectations of success being pushed onto me. I wish they could be lax but I’m pretty sure that since my elder sister kind of where she is with her mental health too they’re clinging onto me to not be that.
Sep 21, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 2019
I'm the older sibling,and noticed that I pretty much got the short end of the stick. My parents were more lenient with my brother,generally expected less and went by the saying "you're the older and smarter one,you have to be better and always take care of your little Brother." Socially wise, he has more friends but that is simply because of our different personalities.
Sep 21, 2019 12:29 PM

Feb 2008
yes an older sister
also yes which is bad cause she was always the problem child that skipped school
yet I'm the high school dropout that lives with my grandparents and barely goes outside
I also got the short end of the stick socially
she has a high-paying job and a highrise apartment with a nice view
I'm getting my own apartment soon at least

stay in school kiddos :D
Sep 21, 2019 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
I did a little better, back in school, than my younger brother. Right now, I'd say I'm better off than him, but I'm not sure if he'd agree, lol. Our situations are very different, so it's kind of difficult to compare and it depends a lot on what you'd want out of life, but you couldn't pay me to swap places with him. At the same time, I know he wouldn't swap with me either, so I guess that from that perspective, you could say we're equally well off.
Sep 21, 2019 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and suffering from obscene procrastination and ADHD. My 2nd to oldest sibling has awards from the state I live in for their school work. I'm barely skidding by in High school in the senior year. My youngest sibling is too young to tell yet but so far from the better off-scale it would be me<youngest<second oldest.
Sep 25, 2019 10:10 AM

Jan 2017
i am the problem child
i was also an unplanned child
both of my older siblings (i am the youngest) are better off than me, right now at least, and i was the most spoiled of them all

call me a coping fuckhead, but i think “better off” is entirely subjective. monetary? spiritually? individually?

Keiju said:

your upbringing is a big factor to success, but it's a lot more important being able to deal with the cards you've been dealt with

i like this
p0ckyySep 25, 2019 10:30 AM
Sep 25, 2019 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Kids are like pancakes. The first one is always a failure.
And that was mean, but I couldn't hold it.

Seriously, I wished my older sister would had it better. She's always for the wrong guys etc. That always has been the same asshole with another name.
I learned a lot by just watching her making these mistakes, if you could say that.
Sep 25, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
I'm better off intellectually, financially and romantically than my younger sister I guess. She's a lot more likeable than I am though, unsurprisingly.

I also have a half-brother who inherited all the bad traits of his dipshit father. He's still pretty young though so maybe there's hope.
Sep 26, 2019 1:50 PM
May 2016
only time will tell. I'm 16 years old, and my younger brother is 13 years old. one could say that he's more socially successful than me, but in my opinion, that's not very important.
Sep 26, 2019 1:59 PM

Aug 2016
I have an older brother. It depends on how you define "better off" than others. Financially I am better off than him. On other things not so much.
Sep 26, 2019 3:47 PM

Nov 2018
financially/materially speaking i'm the least successful
intellectually however i would say i leave my older brothers behind easily

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Sep 28, 2019 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
I am the less successful one ofc
My sibling's been in prestigious uni, whereas I am stuck with normal one
tbh I've never felt lesser than her though, but people keep reminding that I am lesser

Hmm and i think older siblings are the more successful ones because parents usually have more expectations from them
Whereas a younger one is busy getting spoiled
Sep 28, 2019 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
My older brother is financially better off than me but that's because he chose to go into the soul sacking industry that is finance, while I was the rebel who had her way and went into the (broke) development sector. I have a higher designation than him but a MUCH lower salary. My younger sister is still a student, so the brokest.
Sep 28, 2019 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
Mine is pretty mixed, I'm the youngest of 3 and I'd say that I'm easily the worst off, considered to be the failure of the family.
My only victory is financially due to the fact that all I do is work, have zero social life, no children and no relationship to speak of.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Sep 29, 2019 5:06 PM

Mar 2019
yeah
im the smartest but idk if they're better oof than me

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

20 by Starfallash »»
2 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

31 by cody »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

16 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.