Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2019 6:58 AM

Jul 2016
Elucid said:
17 Pages.
Woah.
It's like this episode revolutionized Shonen standards

Trust me, a good episode doesn't make any revolutions. Is just a good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2019 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
Holy flipping fuck (Nezuko spoke) that was an amazing ending. Hard to think there are still 7 eps to go.
~
Sep 11, 2019 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was so beautiful it actually made me tear up. It was a perfect blend of emotions, sound, and animation.
Sep 11, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2013
I refused to watched this Anime for so long I wanted to binge it and now I did then I have reach this episode which was very famous and I got very curious and it does live up to its reputation.

Now everything make sense they got Attacked by the Michael Jackson guy was because of their dad as we can see in the previous episodes the Michael Jackson guy was terrified by the guy with paper earrings.
Sep 12, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2017
i know i'm late to the party here, but damn. what an incredible fight scene - definitely up there for best fight of the year. the flashback had me close to tears, and that soundtrack was just beautiful. what an amazing episode.
Sep 13, 2019 11:18 AM

May 2016
It was just this one scene with flashy animation and fans praise it wtf?
Sep 13, 2019 5:12 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ufotable was always top with Fate adaptations in terms of animation, but aside HF 2, I have never seen them excelling this much in perfectly executing a battle to such weights, this is not a movie, so it daunts on me this level of quality.

Proof almost any concept can win big, if there is the talent there to deliver it.
I m sure almost sure this scene wasnt that great in the manga, but here visuals and sound perfectly mix to deliver something you just cant see on a manga. Wow.
If Yuki Kagura is in charge of the OST, props, I always loved her stuff, but this work is really different from most of her sounds, so nice to see she can still branch out like this.
Perfect ending theme song there, perfection.

TugayYilmaz said:
WE HAVE JUST WITNESSED THE BEST EPISODE OF ANIME HISTORY

You must have been watching trash until now then.
One of the best, but godamm, this thread seems full of noobs that have never watched anything else in their life.
Understandable if you have only seen recent airings, this is indeed of the better executed endings of an episode, but saying the best is overreacting.

Kira_TheMarble said:
This is the best episode of the year!

Was actually forgetting SnK S3 Part II had come this year, so no, that one also had alot of great episodes, so not so quick on saying this is the best this year.
PlaycoolSep 13, 2019 5:18 PM
Sep 13, 2019 7:42 PM
Oct 2012
Playcool said:
Ufotable was always top with Fate adaptations in terms of animation, but aside HF 2, I have never seen them excelling this much in perfectly executing a battle to such weights, this is not a movie, so it daunts on me this level of quality.

Proof almost any concept can win big, if there is the talent there to deliver it.
I m sure almost sure this scene wasnt that great in the manga, but here visuals and sound perfectly mix to deliver something you just cant see on a manga. Wow.
If Yuki Kagura is in charge of the OST, props, I always loved her stuff, but this work is really different from most of her sounds, so nice to see she can still branch out like this.

TugayYilmaz said:
WE HAVE JUST WITNESSED THE BEST EPISODE OF ANIME HISTORY

One of the best, but godamm, this thread seems full of noobs that have never watched anything else in their life.
Understandable if you have only seen recent airings, this is indeed of the better executed endings of an episode, but saying the best is overreacting.

Kira_TheMarble said:

Was actually forgetting SnK S3 Part II had come this year, so no, that one also had alot of great episodes, so not so quick on saying this is the best this year.

All of the soundtracks in this episode are composed by Go Shiina! amazing composer. he has made 600 tracks of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Kaijura is mostly a marketing name considering she only made 5 tracks and the ending song.
Sep 14, 2019 12:02 AM

Oct 2018
Playcool said:

Kira_TheMarble said:

No you're wrong

This is the best episode of the year for him, not any episode of SnK

Don't tell others what they like more
-Aincrad-Sep 14, 2019 12:05 AM
Sep 14, 2019 7:45 PM

Mar 2015
This is the best I've seen this year, exciting and beautiful as hell!!!
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Sep 17, 2019 12:32 AM

Oct 2008
SO THAT'S WHY....so that's why everyone keeps on talking about on how phenomenal this episode is...and they are absolutely damn correct right!
5/5!!!

WOW! 5740 votes - 96.80% is that the highest!?
matias067Sep 17, 2019 5:22 AM

Sep 17, 2019 2:41 AM
Mar 2018
ngl, tanjiro gaining his fire sword and flashback to a father we never seen was weird since it feels like an asspull. i dont like that in terms of story/writing.

BUT

gooooddd fucking lord holy mother of balls, the ost and animation was so fucking good, it didnt even matter. holy shit what an ending holy shit the end was amazing
Sep 17, 2019 9:56 PM

Apr 2010
The episode was amazing!
But aren't you guys forgetting that we had Mob Psycho II? For me, it's still the best animation of the year.
Sep 19, 2019 6:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Aincrad- said:
Playcool said:

No you're wrong

Are you a mind reader perhaps that know everything about the dude, stfu and dont mingle on conversations no one was adressing you about.
Sep 19, 2019 6:58 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Eniie said:
Playcool said:

All of the soundtracks in this episode are composed by Go Shiina! amazing composer. he has made 600 tracks of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Kaijura is mostly a marketing name considering she only made 5 tracks and the ending song.

WTF? They should advertise the dude's name more then.
Even better then, one more composer to follow.
Sep 19, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2018
Playcool said:
-Aincrad- said:

No you're wrong

Are you a mind reader perhaps that know everything about the dude, stfu and dont mingle on conversations no one was adressing you about.

You were so bored that you decided to reply, after 5 days? Alright.

And I'm not a mind reader, he said himself, that this is the best episode of the year. Obviously he was expressing his own opinion.

Use your brain next time.
Sep 19, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2017
I loved loved LOVED this episode - but did anyone else notice how the music at the end was verrrrrry similar to the score from Castle in the Sky?
Sep 22, 2019 8:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Aincrad- said:
Playcool said:

You were so bored that you decided to reply, after 5 days? Alright.

And I'm not a mind reader, he said himself, that this is the best episode of the year. Obviously he was expressing his own opinion.

Use your brain next time.

Why would I have to lose my time repling to notifications right when they pop exactly?
Your fanboysm quite shows itself when I said AoT S3 Part 2 had better episodes, objectively speaking, go compare the rates on MAL, Part 2 has above 9.00 for a reason.
I m sure I m far from the only one adressing others and saying their opinion are wrong here on MAL, you just got buthurted that it was Kimetsu, what an hypocrite you are.
Sep 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Nov 2014
So intense. So awesome. And that music. That was perfection.
Sep 22, 2019 11:11 PM

May 2011
The episode was good, the fight scenes, the effects were awesome. But I don't find the part to be going ape sh!t like the response everyone had when it first aired. Cool episode but not something to let me perplexed.
Sep 25, 2019 12:16 AM

Jun 2017
I still have goosebumps dammit.

Near perfect episode. The new breathing form was an asspull though. But holy shit it's still 4.8/5.

Demon slayer is a show about family and I love it.
BigBlueBashSep 25, 2019 10:43 AM
Sep 26, 2019 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
Just Wow!!

This scene is very masterpiece...

Contender for the best scene in Anime this year for me...alongside with Godly Levi vs Beast Titan in AoT, Berserker vs Saber Alter in F/S night Heaven's Feel & Hina's Pray: Fireworks Scene in Tenki no Ko...
Sep 26, 2019 12:08 PM
May 2019
Raon said:
The timing when Tanjiro and Nezuko get their new powers at the same at the best moment is kinda easy of the author, but it was still good. Really nice animation, soundtrack, and really good fight.

I don't think Tanjiro got this power now. I understood that the dance was something his father taught him, he just tried to fight with it, and using the breathing techniques he was taught by Urokodaki.
Sep 26, 2019 12:09 PM
May 2019
Holy shit, this episode was just breathtaking. That ending, good animation, a worthy villain, background of Tanjiro's father at the perfect time without breaking the mood. This anime just keeps on giving.
Sep 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
OMFG What a blast dude
Sep 26, 2019 6:56 PM

Oct 2017
Kursei said:
I just can't sort out my emotions after this episode. IT WAS FUCKING NUTS, like WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? I don't remember when I was so excited last time. This sequence, this built up, this animation and... Nezuko. I will replay this episode like for months for sure.

I bow to you Ufotable for this excited episode!

Honestly, this sums up exactly how I felt. I was speechless. The story, the fighting animation, it all blew me away. The last time I felt this way would be episode 16 in HxH 2011, which I watched in May of this year. Very few anime can blow me out of the water like that.
Sep 26, 2019 11:05 PM

Oct 2018
It's sad to see how people are slowly bringing the score down

Eventually it will go under 96% too I think.
It was around 98% for a while, then it slowly went down to 97.5%.
I thought it will stay around that, but eventually it went down to 97%,
. Then I thought there's no way it goes under 97%, and now it's close to 96.5%

I mean, I know it changes nothing at all, but still.
-Aincrad-Sep 26, 2019 11:08 PM
Sep 28, 2019 10:53 AM
Oct 2017
this episode was amazing!!! With a beautiful ending!
Sep 28, 2019 5:05 PM
Jun 2019
OMG, I just watched this episode and I don't know what to do with all these feelings.... I know It might have been a bit of an power-up move but the ANIMATION MAN.. that was beautiful
Sep 30, 2019 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
When Inosuke got rejected by Giyuu and the expression Giyuu made towards him lol

The fight against Rui... Awesome! Loved the fight sequences, the song was also great and worked well with the flow of the fight.... and ending the fight with style with an EXPLOSIOUN
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 30, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
Ufotable? U ok bruh?I mean you might be the best studio imo after this. First Fate franchise,than this serie and then this episode?What kind of magic do you use.That scene sent a shiver throughout my whole body.And then Nezuko's sudden awakening.I feel bad for not watching KnY after episode 9,but I forgot about this and then I waited for another moment.When this episode came out,all the anitubers were literally praising the shit out of this and even you welcomed those praises with that tweet.
I love you,Ufo!
Alex_TheForestDec 18, 2022 11:40 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 1, 2019 2:28 AM

Sep 2018
woah!!! the vote polls! this is my first time to see so many people vote for an episode!
Oct 1, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2018
YamEnele said:
woah!!! the vote polls! this is my first time to see so many people vote for an episode!

Well this episode has the most 5/5, and overall votes on MAL.

Previously Re:Zero had both.

For a few weeks, it was even the highest rated anime episode on MAL. It had 98%+ for days, then for quite a while it was above 97%. But even now, it's probably in top 5.

The only episode that is rated higher I know about it episode 18 of Clannad, with 96.88%
And there's also Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 24 is the same as this, with 96.56%.
-Aincrad-Oct 1, 2019 2:40 AM
Oct 1, 2019 2:55 AM

Sep 2018
-Aincrad- said:
YamEnele said:

For a few weeks, it was even the highest rated anime episode on MAL. It had 98%+ for days, then for quite a while it was above 97%. But even now, it's probably in top 5.

The only episode that is rated higher I know about it episode 18 of Clannad, with 96.88%
And there's also Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 24 is the same as this, with 96.56%.

I mean, 6k people vote for this episode, that's a lot for me.. the percentage is not surprising but the number of people.. I'm not sure how many people vote for Clannad, Haikyuu and the rest you mentioned.
Oct 1, 2019 3:06 AM

Oct 2018
YamEnele said:
-Aincrad- said:

I mean, 6k people vote for this episode, that's a lot for me.. the percentage is not surprising but the number of people.. I'm not sure how many people vote for Clannad, Haikyuu and the rest you mentioned.

There are multiple anime episodes with 3-4k votes, but there are only 2 ones on MAL with 5k+(as far as I know). One is episode 15 of Re:Zero, with almost 5.7k overall votes, and 5.2k 5/5 ones, which had the most votes since 2016.

And now this episode of Demon Slayer, with more 5/5 votes than the overall votes for Re:Zero
Oct 1, 2019 3:17 AM

Mar 2015
Holy fucking shit what an awesome episode this one was!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 1, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2018
Hey, could someone tell me which song it is where Tanjiro runs to Rui while using the 10th form of his water breathing style? D:
It sounds SO EPIC and I can't find the answer anywhere

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Oct 1, 2019 12:03 PM

Oct 2015
xSayumi said:
Hey, could someone tell me which song it is where Tanjiro runs to Rui while using the 10th form of his water breathing style? D:
Tanjiro no Uta is the song
Oct 1, 2019 12:11 PM

May 2018
Nostalgik said:
xSayumi said:

no not that song. I mean the one, where he uses his water breathing not the fire breathing. D:

Edit to show!
1:57 !
xSayumiOct 1, 2019 12:16 PM

►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Oct 1, 2019 12:14 PM

Oct 2018
xSayumi said:
Nostalgik said:

no not that song. I mean the one, where he uses his water breathing not the fire breathing. D:

Not sure, but I don't think it's released yet.

Some of the OST have been released, but not all yet

Oct 1, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2018
-Aincrad- said:
xSayumi said:

Not sure, but I don't think it's released yet.

Some of the OST have been released, but not all yet

it's not in that video. I already looked there.
Thank you very much though!
Maybe it's gonna release soon then...hopefully

Oct 2, 2019 2:24 AM

Feb 2019
Twenty-five minutes of pure nonsense I'll never get back. If this is what so-called "good" anime has become, I made a big mistake of returning to the medium. Dropped.
Oct 2, 2019 3:50 AM
Nov 2013
DaddyClapCheeks said:
Twenty-five minutes of pure nonsense I'll never get back. If this is what so-called "good" anime has become, I made a big mistake of returning to the medium. Dropped.

You're more than welcomed to leave buddy.

But if you're going to unironically deem this series a 1/10 with the amount of anime you've actually seemed to have watched, you should watch "Freezing," "Quanzhi Fashi" or "Arifureta"

Maybe some perspective will get you to grow up enough to stop using that pedestal as a stool.
Oct 2, 2019 6:47 AM

Jan 2015
Nakuy said:
DaddyClapCheeks said:

You're more than welcomed to leave buddy.

But if you're going to unironically deem this series a 1/10 with the amount of anime you've actually seemed to have watched, you should watch "Freezing," "Quanzhi Fashi" or "Arifureta"

Maybe some perspective will get you to grow up enough to stop using that pedestal as a stool.

He’s actually a troll/alt of the Vinland Saga fanbase, don’t take him seriously
Oct 2, 2019 7:01 AM
Mar 2019
I'm not planning on trying to write some deep analysis for this episode.
This episode is simply the living definition of why we love anime and what anime is supposed to be.
Oct 3, 2019 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
3/5, totally average shonen fight, nothing I haven't seen before
Oct 3, 2019 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
This episode is well executed by ufotable, I won't complain about ass-pull power-ups.
Oct 5, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2019
Some of the animation in this episode was truly stunning.

Also NEZUKO CAN TALK WHAAAAAAT

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Oct 5, 2019 9:54 PM
Feb 2017
That animation was orgasm-worthy at the end, I love it. Fantastic episode, definitely over hyped by the community but it was still stellar nevertheless.

Funnily enough, I've only seen 1 show from Ufotable (this one). Weird since I've always known that their animation was amazing, but wow props to them for making this show look so fantastic. Definitely have to watch more from their studio. How the movie of KnY will look is beyond me if it gets better than this.

I can see myself giving this show a 10/10, as its sheer quality is blowing me away.
Oct 6, 2019 8:53 AM
Aug 2019
x2kill4 said:
Poximano1 said:
It's the first time seeing such a beautiful animation
hmm .. look like you havent watch fate series huh..
they shared the same studios Ufotable is never get disappointing
dude i have watched them all
We can say the animation is as good as fate but kimetsu is a mixture of animation and fantastic art
Pages (22) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.