Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hajime's sensei huh? A bit of an annoying woman if you ask me.

On the other hand, Hajime made quite an impression with his tough attitude. I'm actually glad to see him take that blonde guy down. Not much action this episode but we did get some narrative storytelling from Hajime himself.
Sep 2, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
The sensei appeared in this episode. I was wondering when she will appear again.

It was nice seeing Hajime taking down that blonde knight.

Sep 2, 2019 9:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You know there are parts of this story that I definitely appreciate but they are so few and far between that it just doesn't amount to much. But I feel like this could have been a decent anime if it had just been handled better...

Sep 2, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
I expected reunion to be more dramatic. Not that I'm complaining tho, it worked out pretty well.
Sep 2, 2019 9:58 AM
Feb 2015
ok they skip many and change thing...in novel his classmates almost shit themselves, he actually activate his intimidate and shot that soldier in his head and faint ...
Sep 2, 2019 10:10 AM
Oct 2012
HaXXspetten said:
You know there are parts of this story that I definitely appreciate but they are so few and far between that it just doesn't amount to much. But I feel like this could have been a decent anime if it had just been handled better...

it cant be helped, they only have 13 eps and im pretty sure that they are aiming until vol4 of light novel, which is the most anticipated reunion scene with his classmates including kaori

if they do this right, a season would only amount to 2 light novel volumes, which mean they can only animate up until shea's arc at reisen's labyrinth... but I'm pretty sure that people would get bored as well because not much happens with just 2 volumes worth of story
Sep 2, 2019 10:18 AM

Mar 2018
Omg wtf they skipped so much
I expected this in like.. ep 9 at most..

They changed so much and left so much out. I don't remember the guild master being that a shady person tbh

And how Hajime left Aiko's room was different- then again they didn't even really show the relationship between Aiko and the knights- heck there was even only one knight shown.

Also literally the whole town was left out wasn't it?

Well now that that's done the first group reunited with Hajime..
Let's see if my expectations for next ep get betrayed again by leaving out much

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 2, 2019 10:20 AM

Aug 2018
Once again, I get to appreciate this episode because there was no awful fights. And this one almost provided what I truly wanted to see : a reunion between Hajime's party and his former classmates. Though what I "desire" the most is a meeting between him and the traitor.

But this 8th episode was not bad, the world they were transfered in is quite unknown for us viewers at this stage, so I'm gladly discovering it.
Sep 2, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2017
As usual, poor adaptation for weak source. Before you ask: yes, I hate this title and I am glad that it got such a bad adaptation.

Otorez said:
Though what I "desire" the most is a meeting between him and the traitor.

Sep 2, 2019 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
the one time i dont skim thru an episode, i get the same flashback from episode 1 for the millionth time (even if it is like 10 seconds) and an infuriatingly annoying sensei that wont take no for an answer, so damn pushy she is
Sep 2, 2019 11:05 AM

Jan 2018
Is it me or this episode is drawn worse than the previous ones? It is like the animation quality gets worse and worse every episode, or maybe it's because the firsts ones were in complete darkness so we could barely see anything of the fucking mess the animators did.
The director of this anime should feel ashamed but he's probably to busy expending the money he stole from production and animation to give a fuck
Sep 2, 2019 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
Well a "fine" episode after long time wait, not good but not really bad either, still probably one of the most episodes i quite enjoy so far, since many of them are horrendous.

Seems like they really have hobby to use CGI in every episodes lol, even the horses can't escape from it..
Sep 2, 2019 11:24 AM

Oct 2018
Seems like if there's no horrible action, this anime is actually fine
Sep 2, 2019 11:39 AM

Sep 2017
This episode was surprisingly better than the others

Well, better than bad doesn't mean it's good either, but it was still pretty enjoyable to watch
Sep 2, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
Better episode than the last few weeks. The overall narrative style was more engaging and had much better pacing. Honestly they should focus more on character interaction instead of battles going forward. Their battle animations and choreography is just so poor and should be limited to either simple stills and an explanation of how it went or something and then move on; their dialogue isn't too bad though and was actually pretty good this episode considering.
Sep 2, 2019 12:05 PM

Jun 2017
This was an actually good episode imo but seeing the current track record we are in for at least 2-3 bad eps next lol. That dragon is probably gonna look horrendous..

The way Hajime handled the reunion was very much like him.
Sep 2, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2019
This episode seems okay, when you compare it with the rest of the episodes.

Sep 2, 2019 12:22 PM
Oct 2016
that's what this show is
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2019 12:31 PM
May 2019
slavemaster_1991 said:
As usual, poor adaptation for weak source. Before you ask: yes, I hate this title and I am glad that it got such a bad adaptation.

Otorez said:
Though what I "desire" the most is a meeting between him and the traitor.

Like whats the point in commenting if you have nothing useful to say, honestly I think the series had good potential if it was adapted well.
Sep 2, 2019 12:37 PM

Dec 2017
Mo27 said:
Like whats the point in commenting if you have nothing useful to say, honestly I think the series had good potential if it was adapted well.

Most of comments are reactions, and reactions are not useful. Also I read the source, no potential there: way too bland, unoriginal and way too boring.
Sep 2, 2019 12:37 PM
Apr 2019
finally some good story and it was fun seeing Hajime reunite with some of his class and teacher. Interested in seeing where it goes from here.
Sep 2, 2019 12:45 PM
Aug 2014
I'm so happy. It was everything I wanted, even that moron who goes completely psycho when he sees bunny ears.
Sep 2, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2017
Nice a gd episode for once, the sensei is annoying thou.
Sep 2, 2019 1:27 PM
Feb 2009
don't discriminate against the bunny ears!! Hajime summoning a humvee just like that lol
Sep 2, 2019 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
I also felt it wasn't as dramatic a reunion as I imagined. Makes sense as most of them didn't interact with him prior so they won't have emotions to show. Was an enjoyable episode.

Flaecy said:
don't discriminate against the bunny ears!!

Adorable bunnies must be protected!
Sep 2, 2019 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
Nothing happened this episode but it was okayish

Sep 2, 2019 3:16 PM

Sep 2016
He finally met some of his classmates again, and honestly their reaction was so disappointing. I was hoping for more of a reaction, but they're just like oh hi you're alive. Even Hajime didn't react all that much, he just didn't care. I was hoping to see him outraged at least a bit, but he couldn't care less.

That's the main reason I kept watching was for him to see his classmate again and see how it all played out. It was lame in the end the was not worth watching. I'm dropping this, the CGI is so bad, and the story is not interesting in the least.
Sep 2, 2019 3:22 PM

Dec 2016
And I was wondering what awful shit we will see this episode and then they showed horses...

and teacher was always loli? because I think I remember her looking more like adult.

and as always humvee makes me laugh.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 2, 2019 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
This was an actually okay episode? I mean I still laughed at the cg horses, the skeletons, and that ugly ass Jeep though lmao. The teacher has an annoying voice; I already dislike her.

This episode actually had many good comedy moments. That back and forth when the teacher kept asking questions and he kept saying it was because he worked hard was good.Hajime getting embarrassed over petting Shea's ears was funny too.

Yue is actually a pretty chill girl. Even when she got jealous an episode ago, she doesn't overreact. I like her attitude. I never ship OT3's of any gender, mostly because I for one wouldn't share the person I liked, but I kinda like Hajime,Yue and Shea as an OT3. They have chemistry I guess.

When his teacher said they wanted to go with them I was like oh God please no. Even if they hadn't butchered the source this would stillmonly be a 3-4 star anime but since I am having a good time I guess it can get a 5
Sep 2, 2019 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, I actually enjoyed the episode! Guess that because there was no fighting. Also, the reunion was nice, not as dramatic as I thought it would be but good nonetheless. I doubt that we're gonna get to see Hajime reunite with the rest of his classmates which is a bummer but oh well.
Sep 2, 2019 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
Another butcher, another episode.
This was probably my favorite part in the manga currently and one of my favorites in the ln, still a better episode then i expected considering the adaptation's quality but still it hurts that this episode was so butchered.

Ah well, best episode of the series so far for me, though it isn't saying much.
Sep 2, 2019 10:01 PM

Feb 2015
slavemaster_1991 said:
Mo27 said:

Most of comments are reactions, and reactions are not useful. Also I read the source, no potential there: way too bland, unoriginal and way too boring.

I love watching shit manga get shit adaptions and see people try to defend it. It's amazing what people will throw out to deflect.
"Don't read it if you don't like it"
"Your comments have no point and aren't helping"
Then you point out how hypocritical and nonsensical these comments are you get absolute silence.

Ohhh, Tate no Yuusha S2 & 3 are going to be a ride.
Sep 2, 2019 10:25 PM

Jan 2009
Yautja said:
slavemaster_1991 said:

I love watching shit manga get shit adaptions and see people try to defend it. It's amazing what people will throw out to deflect.
Then you point out how hypocritical and nonsensical these comments are you get absolute silence.

Shield hero probably won't be butchered too much because it's profitable to keep it going until the ln ends, besides comparing it to arifureta's adaptation is a insult to the highest degree, the sh adaptation had some problems, but it was gold compared to the treatment arifureta got.
Sep 2, 2019 11:34 PM
Apr 2016
ina-astral said:
HaXXspetten said:

it cant be helped, they only have 13 eps and im pretty sure that they are aiming until vol4 of light novel, which is the most anticipated reunion scene with his classmates including kaori

if they do this right, a season would only amount to 2 light novel volumes, which mean they can only animate up until shea's arc at reisen's labyrinth... but I'm pretty sure that people would get bored as well because not much happens with just 2 volumes worth of story
Yes but the problem is that they skipped a large amount of character and plot important things, for example this episode he's talking to the guild master of some random adventures guide and mentions the town brooke, pretty they didn't even name the town they went to last episode in the anime and hell they only showed the inside of the inn.
Sep 3, 2019 2:50 AM
Aug 2019
Yautja said:
slavemaster_1991 said:

Compared to this anime, Tate Yuusha anime is a masterpiece
Sep 3, 2019 4:42 AM

Sep 2018
It's not Fire Emblem Three Houses, the teacher is not supposed to be younger than the students.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Sep 3, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2017
HaXXspetten said:

No kidding. Anime is rushed. I expected a moments from light novel (which i can't tell you,spoilers) before seeing Hajime talking to Fuhren's guild leader. There are many moments that are skipped when Hajime kicked knight's ass,but anime studio making Arifureta doesn't have huge budget and adapting light novel into anime costs a tons of money,so i can't blame them. Anime adaptation is decent,for now. Can't wait to see what else they butchered up in next episodes. Are they really gonna adapt only first 3 volumes or 4 volumes? Who knows.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Sep 3, 2019 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
Reunion with some of the classmates was like so... normal? Where is the drama? They thought he was dead for who knows how long and they don't even attempt to ask him what happened (except for teacher of course).
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2019 6:33 AM
Nov 2018
All right.. We got good Ep this time... And story is starting to make sense.
Sep 3, 2019 6:52 AM

May 2012
This show has been good after episode 5

I hope it get 2nd season
Sep 3, 2019 8:56 AM
Jan 2019
I hope i get to see 2nd season.I really want shirasaki and hajime to meet and the rest of shit.Episode 6 is decent.Episode 7 better than 6.Hope they keep up the work so i can hope for s2 :)
Sep 3, 2019 9:05 AM

Dec 2017
Tatsuya said:

Shield hero probably won't be butchered too much because it's profitable to keep it going until the ln ends, besides comparing it to arifureta's adaptation is a insult to the highest degree, the sh adaptation had some problems, but it was gold compared to the treatment arifureta got.

S1 was butchered to hell. I loved the LN cause while it was nothing new, the world itself was filled with detailes so I at least could get invested in it. And in S1 they just cut most of it. I have no hopes for S2, remembering that even source material drops in quality there.
Sep 3, 2019 9:53 AM

Sep 2018
This was for sure the best episode since the first 2 and got the comedy back up.

Pretty funny how the Sensei is called "chan-sensei", only speaks for the immense quality of the show.
Sep 3, 2019 10:18 AM

Feb 2015
Kihira07 said:
Yautja said:

Compared to this anime, Tate Yuusha anime is a masterpiece

Then you add Re:Zero to the mix and they're both dog shit.
Tatsuya said:
Yautja said:

I beg to differ, anyways, like this anime, butchering awful material doesn't make too much of a difference. If ufotable animated this or Tate No Yuusha, they'd still both suck pretty bad, they'd just look nicer.
Sep 3, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 2018
Absolutely the best episode so far. This feels like a regular anime. It was just the beginning that was as annoying as the earlier episodes:

"Sorry, not interested." Gets up.

Then why did he come to sit down in the office? He could have just said he wasn't interested when he was contacted. Or were they teleported into the office and placed in the couch, with a Sit Down spell that didn't break until he said those words?

The reward was quite absurd. Promise to help them when they need it? That's the kind of thing the cynical, trust-no-one Gun Guy would reject out of hand, demanding payment instead. But now, it's the payment he rejects, in favor of a promise of future help he can't know will be honored.

Now, as for everyone going ohmygod they skipped so much I can't believe it. This is the anime. It's not the manga. It's not the Light Novel. I often wish you people would have your own comment threads where you could impress on each other by dropping hints and skirting around the boundaries to the no-spoilers rule, or just ignoring the rule altogether.

"With this PACING they'll only get to so-and-so in the novels! I can't believe the PACING! The PACING is off!" Thanks for revealing how far they've gotten in the overall story, which reveals whether they will reach a climactic scene soon or not. No spoilers in that! Right?
Sep 3, 2019 11:18 AM

Oct 2017
HaXXspetten said:

By far the biggest problem is the CGI, in my opinion. (Well and ugly animation/ visuals in general).
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Sep 3, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
Hegar said:
Absolutely the best episode so far. This feels like a regular anime. It was just the beginning that was as annoying as the earlier episodes:

"Absolutely the best episode so far"

I absolutely agree. This is the first episodes since the very beginning which was interesting and actually fun to watch.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Sep 3, 2019 12:47 PM

May 2018
Oh great Hajime gets to see his Loli sensei and some of his classmates and it's boring from there.
Sep 3, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2018
It may be an incel-power-fantasy with terrible animation but the interactions in this episode were super funny and enjoyable :D
Sep 3, 2019 3:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Thank God we're branching into the main story, at last, I was not expecting it to do so, but it picked up as soon as he confronted some of his old friends. It seems almost as if he's building up a gang of his own, just image if he gains back all of them on his side except for the dude who aimed that spell at him. I can't wait.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.