Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2019 12:26 PM

Oct 2017
What are your favourite game OSTs, individually or as a whole of the game?
Mine would personally be, as in the entirety of the OST, in no particular order:

-Tales of Zestiria
-Kingdom Hearts
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Danganronpa V3
-Persona 3
-NieR:Automata
-DOOM

The trials definitely have the best soundtracks from the game:

Apparently there's no discussion for this, or at least I didn't find any
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 15, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2016
They're not talked about much, but I have a huge fondness for the Pokémon soundtracks, particularly Colosseum. I guess there's also Xenoblade Chronicles, Mirror's Edge, Little Big Planet and probably a ton more that I can't remember
Aug 15, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
Orcarina of Time is for sure my favorite OST from any video game. But there are a lot of great ones:
-Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time
-Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Chrono Trigger
-Persona 5
-FFXIII & FFXV (believe it or not)
-Super Mario Galaxy
Aug 15, 2019 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
Final Fantasy. I spent four figures on those soundtracks alone. (Many were limited editions with fancy packaging.) I also love the Metal Gear soundtracks.

Zelda is great too. Here's a phenomenal orchestral recording from The Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniversary Special Orchestra CD included with the limited edition of Skyward Sword on Wii.

Aug 15, 2019 12:56 PM

Mar 2015
Nier:Automata. In fact the opera boss track was the reason I got interested in the game lol

Honorable mention to Pokemon, especially the Mantine surf theme. It's so fun to listen to. And ofc Cynthia's battle theme is up there too.
Aug 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2012
SadMadoka said:
Final Fantasy.I spent four figures on those soundtracks alone.
You better own a copy of Somnus or Gratia Mundi, if not, you wasted your money, boy.
Aug 15, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
SadMadoka said:
Final Fantasy. I spent four figures on those soundtracks alone. (Many were limited editions with fancy packaging.) I also love the Metal Gear soundtracks.

Zelda is great too. Here's a phenomenal orchestral recording from The Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniversary Special Orchestra CD included with the limited edition of Skyward Sword on Wii.

Yes to all of this. Other ones I really love are Journey and Nier, they have so much great stuff.
XanatoAug 15, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 15, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2014
Oh, and here's an awesome electronic soundtrack from an underrated (and challenging) PS1 game. I also imported this CD from Japan.

Might as well mention I adore the Killer Instinct soundtracks as well.
Aug 15, 2019 1:17 PM

Jan 2019
Need For Madness 1 & 2. One of the few games that features Italio Disco/Hi NRG as it's soundtrack.

Also Senran Kagura, a cool mix of pop, rock and traditional eastern styles.

Aug 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Jul 2007

Also Guilty Gear, SimCity 3000 and a few songs from FFXIV I guess.

That's the stuff I'd actually bother listening to outside of the game itself I suppose.
Aug 15, 2019 1:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Umineko no Naku Koro ni has the most godlike soundtrack ever. I mean I've played a lot of western games that have good OSTs too but... nothing can match the sheer quantity of amazing tracks that the Umineko games has in store
Aug 15, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni has the most godlike soundtrack ever.

I haven't played them, but have heard all the soundtracks and watched the anime. This is my favorite track. It's much better than the anime version.

Aug 15, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Dustforce, Mr. Gimmick, Rayman Origins, Rival Schools, Umihara Kawase Shun
Aug 15, 2019 1:48 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
SadMadoka said:
HaXXspetten said:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni has the most godlike soundtrack ever.

I haven't played them, but have heard all the soundtracks and watched the anime. This is my favorite track. It's much better than the anime version.
There are plenty of great ones but yeah that's one of 'em. I can't really mention just one that stands out as my favourite of the bunch but maybe Dreamenddischarger, idk
Aug 15, 2019 1:58 PM

Jun 2019
The original MOTHER (EarthBound Beginnings) has a lot of mellow choral/instrumental music, probably prepared for marketing and commercials, considering the limitations of NES/Famicom hardware. One of my favorites:

Aug 15, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
StrawberryTofu said:
The original MOTHER (EarthBound Beginnings) has a lot of mellow choral/instrumental music, probably prepared for marketing and commercials, considering the limitations of NES/Famicom hardware. One of my favorites:

Oh man. EarthBound is my second favorite video game!

I highly recommend Mother 3 (the sequel) as well. It was only released in Japan in 2006 on Game Boy Advance, but the English fan translation can be found online and played with an emulator. Since your profile says you live in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if you played the original.

I would share some of my favorite tracks from those games, but there are so many.
Aug 15, 2019 2:10 PM

Jun 2019
SadMadoka said:

I highly recommend Mother 3 (the sequel) as well. It was only released in Japan in 2006 on Game Boy Advance, but the English fan translation can be found online and played with an emulator. Since your profile says you live in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if you played the original.

I would share some of my favorite tracks from those games, but there are so many.

Already played it! Fantastic game. I personally love the Love Theme and "It's over" which has bits of the love theme in it :)

I don't live in Japan, unfortunately. Just didn't want to give out my real location.
Aug 15, 2019 2:44 PM

Feb 2019
Definitely Umineko, Danganronpa, and Persona 3. Nothing will ever surpass those three.
To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly.
Aug 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
Umineko's soundtrack is easily my favorite if VNs are counted as games. It has so many unique, memorable and catchy songs that I couldn't possibly choose a favorite. I don't have another soundtrack I listen to as often.
Xenoblade and persona 3 are some other ones I like a lot.

I can see you

Aug 15, 2019 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Kingdom hearts 1/2/bbs
nier/ nier automata
ni no kuni
dark souls
shadow of the colossus
witcher 1/3
machinarium
hollow knight
the last of us
Aug 15, 2019 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Scud said:

Guilty Gear

surprising good post in this thread guilty gear OSTs are fuego
Aug 15, 2019 5:23 PM

Jul 2016
Guilty gear and Blazblue

witcher 2

dark souls 1 and 2+bloodborne

hollow knight

most other games have tracks that stand out but overall, these are really memorable for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2019 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
Assassin’s Creed II,III, & 4.
BIoShock 1 & Infinite
Halo
Pokémon Silver, Gold, Red, Crystal
Tetris

That’s it for now....
Aug 15, 2019 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
Halo 3 ODST's baby, the best from the Bungie era of Halo tbh

Metroid Prime's OST is also very great might one of the game osts in my 4.5s on RYM

Also gotta give a shoutout to my boi Sanic 06 for its OST, S rank in music but E rank in other stuff lol

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 16, 2019 3:02 AM

Aug 2018
I was infatuated with Dragon Quest and FF soundtracks but also Kingdom Hearts and Spyro lol.
Aug 16, 2019 10:17 AM

Oct 2018
In terms of original OST, Shenmue II.

EDIT: I'm stupid, OST implies original.
Aug 16, 2019 10:22 AM

Jun 2019
GTA Vice City
Diddy Kong Racing
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Wind Waker
Super Mario Galaxy

Aug 16, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2015
SadMadoka said:

I pretty much agree with everything here.
Aug 17, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2017
Final Fantasy games of course have beautiful music. But I'll post another property from Square Enix

Aug 17, 2019 3:04 PM
Apr 2017
In no specific order

Nier (the original one) - Grandma and Song of the Ancients give me gooseflesh every single time
Dragon Age: Origins - Same as above, just with I am the One (both versions) and Leliana's song
Drag-on Dragoon 3 - not as good as the two above but Black Song is still a thing of beauty and so damn emotional
Dark souls 3 - by far the best of all the souls series, the other ones had a many good tracks but they were very raw overall
Bloodborne - arguably the best soundtrack in any fromsoft game. I tend to swing between this and DKS3's, the latter being the one that holds the most emotional value but bloodborne's being as perfect as a soundtrack has ever been for a game. And Cleric Beast is still bloody incredible.
Mass effect - a couple of tracks in particular, the rest of the soundtrack was excellent for atmosphere but not to listen to outside of the game
Lost Odyssey - absolutely amazing, Nobuo Uematsu doing his thing again
The Elder Scrolls games, as a whole, always have an incredibly solid soundtrack. It gets "repetitive" so to speak, but it still remains excellent.
Undertale - well, what to say, I love this game's soundtrack a whole lot.
I am Setsuna - extremely peculiar as the entire soundtrack is basically piano-based, not something that can be found in many games (or pieces of media in general) and yet it's extremely good without being repetitive in the slightest

There are really far too many to name. Honourable mentions to the witcher games for certain, the Ryu ga Gotoku games (Kuze's theme in 0 is godly), the Uncharted series, Splinter Cell 3, Prince of Persia (the cel-shaded one), Ninja Gaiden Black (Alma theme makes me nervous to this day), the original Fable, Dragon's Dogma, Journey, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (yes, really), Deus Ex: HR, Alan Wake and Cave Story.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 17, 2019 9:08 PM

May 2013
Has anyone else noticed that quite a few popular Nintendo OST's got taken off Youtube? It says Nintendo took them down for copyright but... Idk. Something about it just doesn't add up to me... I never thought they gave a shit :p Weird, hope they don't all come down.

Anyways I think my favorite is probably... Shadow of the Colossus. What a tight soundtrack :D
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 17, 2019 10:16 PM

Jul 2019
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is probably one of the best Nintendo OSTs. There's a mix between sheer ambience and intensity. This is my favorite track.

Insert a neat little signature with an anime gif or something here.
Aug 17, 2019 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
Has anyone else noticed that quite a few popular Nintendo OST's got taken off Youtube? It says Nintendo took them down for copyright but... Idk. Something about it just doesn't add up to me... I never thought they gave a shit :p Weird, hope they don't all come down.

Lol. Japanese, can't they make awesome game OSTs anymore as they've used too?!

Aug 17, 2019 11:24 PM

May 2013
BallistikJuice said:
Gan_water said:

Huh? If anything it's the decision of an American. I actually like their new stuff.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 17, 2019 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
BallistikJuice said:

Huh? If anything it's the decision of an American. I actually like their new stuff.

idk, I can listen old 8-bit NES OST's all day and never get tired of them, I really like that sound chip they've used inside NES.
Aug 17, 2019 11:38 PM

May 2013
BallistikJuice said:
Gan_water said:

idk, I can listen old 8-bit NES OST's all day and never get tired of them, I really like that sound chip they've used inside NES.

Uh huh that's good too :P But it really took until the 32 bit era for them to be able to realize their full potential.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 17, 2019 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
im an old school gamer so here are some from Need for Speed

Aug 17, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
BallistikJuice said:

Uh huh that's good too :P But it really took until the 32 bit era for them to be able to realize their full potential.

32bit era?! I actually liked that 8bit trashy sound chip, oh, and some of the 16bit ost's were also nice, like, Shin Megami ost (for exp) although I've heard that they had an additional built-in sound chip on the cartridge itself for that trashy-bass boost.
Aug 17, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2013
BallistikJuice said:
Gan_water said:

32bit era?! I actually liked that 8bit trashy sound chip, oh, and some of the 16bit ost's were also nice, like, Shin Megami ost (for exp) although I've heard that they had an additional built-in sound chip on the cartridge itself for that trashy-bass boost.

Yeah like Super Metroid is pretty boss but come on it just doesn't get the bitches wet like Prime does.

But for 16 bit I love Super Mario RPG for its sheer magic. Uh, the popular one on familyguy's channel got removed, but this one is still up...

I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 18, 2019 12:07 AM
Jul 2018
@Gan_water, this one, they've used special build-in sound chip exclusively for this game.

Aug 18, 2019 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
another one from Need for Speed that is memorable for me

Aug 18, 2019 12:10 AM

Jan 2017
chrono trigger
corridors of time always gets me in a pensive mood

worth mentioning:
vamp battle - mgs2 ost
snake eater - mgs3 ost
outset island - windwaker ost
halo 3 ost
bust-a-groove ost
there’s a lot more out there

ff7 as a game is overrated boomer trash
Aug 18, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2013
Most Touhou OST are my fav... Preferably "Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye" and "Hartmann's Youkai Girl".

I also like some OSTs from Metal Gear series (Both Solid and Rising) and Yakuza 0
Aug 18, 2019 4:14 AM

Mar 2018
- Persona 5
- Kingdom Hearts
- Drag-on Dragoon 3
- NieR:Automata
- Several Tales Games
- Several Visual Novel OSTs

This should be my list and now that I mention Drag-on Dragoon 3 reminds me of this...

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 18, 2019 7:10 AM

Sep 2017
The first one that came in my mind is Okami, for sure
Aug 18, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2015
Umineko's OST is absolutely stellar. I'm playing Rose Guns Days now and even though its OST is pretty good, I can't help but yearn for Umineko awesomeness.
Aug 18, 2019 7:34 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty much every single ost from Final Fantasy XV.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 18, 2019 12:19 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Way too many to list, but I will say, I have always been extremely impressed by the Undertale soundtrack; it's amazing one person can write so many fantastic yet different songs like seriously what a well versed soundtrack. I also very much loved the soundtrack in the Halo games growing up.
Aug 18, 2019 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
Price of Freedom - FF Crisis Core
Yuna's theme - FFX
At Zanarkand - FFX
Suteki da ne - FFX

Aug 18, 2019 9:39 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Some of the older CnC games have great soundtracks, I would say Generals ZH is my all-time favorite.

HoMM3 and Diablo II feel kind of nostalgic and certain tracks still send chills down my spine.

In contrast the soundtracks of many modern games didn't leave a memory at all. Maybe the Dark Souls series are the only exception, these were pretty good.
149597871Aug 18, 2019 9:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

27 by hypergoob »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
30 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
36 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.