Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
FMmatron said:
In order to achieve better stabilisation you have to contract the abdominal area. I think that's what they mean with pressure.

Ah, thanks. It totally slipped my mind.
Kamiyan3991Jul 3, 2019 7:16 PM
Jul 3, 2019 4:22 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
I was surprised the form and nutrition facts were so good. Most anime based around a topic are GOD AWFUL at them. Like the writers don't know the subject at all, don't research and just think they can bluff it by seeming "cool."

See that new anime about girls getting shipwrecked on an island. 4 out of 4 of the things the "survival expert" girl did were wrong. But this? All good information.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 3, 2019 4:27 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
abbe44 said:
hmm
something kinda rubbed me the wrong way when i started watching
>55,6KG
>160CM
>unhealthy????
uh no?
that's perfectly healthy for that age
it's just a show, i know, but that still bothereed me, dont think this show is for me anyways
hopefully young girls wont feel that their totally fine bodies are ugly or wrong

i mean seriously that would be a bmi of 21.9 which is in the 18-25 range
honestly thinking that is unhealthy is unhealthy imo.

like it would make more sense if she was overweight but she is objectively not

They're anime measurements man. Joseph Joestar is like 6'5 and the size of a fridge in muscle and his listed weight is 95kgs or something. Literally every anime/manga HEAVILY lowballs weight.

Or Chouji Akemichi from Naruto. His entire thing is being morbidly fucking obese and his weight is only listed as 87.5 kg. Looking at his body shape/size he should easily be more like 130 - 150 kgs.
Sasori_NagashiJul 3, 2019 4:33 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 3, 2019 4:54 PM

Nov 2016
3:24. IS THIS A PERSONAL ATTACK?

Also don't really know why some people is mad about this anime? The "fanservice" is almost nowhere since this is literally what exercise looks like, of course this is something for weebs, but it's not fanservice at all.

.Since I have good and strong legs (Thanks Pokémon Go), Im going to do everything they say. *3 TIMES IN 1 DAY*
AlvaritoterreosJul 3, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 3, 2019 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
This is so much better than I thought it would be. Macho's little head on that huge muscular body does look super weird though. I find excessive body building super creepy but there's far worse ways to spend your time.
Jul 3, 2019 5:08 PM
Feb 2019
I loved this anime, the MC is really charismatic, the show is well animated and the voice acting is on point, definitely gonna kepp watching
Jul 3, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2010
For me the hottest part was the two shots of "plump" Hibiki.

That's good, Kabaneri Yukina's back muscles are good, but with the cast likely to be neither, instead remaining ordinary slender anime girls, that's... not ideal. Still, should be a fun show, based on everything I've read about it over the months.

LeiHanma said:
That you call 'Thick' looks like fat to us.

"Thick" or "thicc" is a term from black American culture which has gained mainstream popularity only within the past few years. It's intended to express attraction to body fat, though it may come with the caveat of still wanting the woman to have a small waist.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thicc
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-thick-means-to-women_n_7555654

I remember watching an episode of a broadcast American TV show around 6-10 years ago in which a black host encouraged a guest to treasure his wife by saying, "You got a thick woman." The white co-host commented, "I'm jealous that you [meaning black folk] can call your women 'thick.'"
Jul 3, 2019 5:20 PM
Aug 2012
Mywifesson said:
The bad form really shines through in the animation, you can tell the animators never worked out a day in their life, the failing to stand up after a squat and the lack of ROM on the bench press. muh autism!!!

They have a nice bench press form.. They have the same form as me.. Based on Jeff Cavaliere from Athlean X.com.. Any lower than the level of the shoulder could potentially hurt your rotator cuff and may load to a dislocation.. Many bodybuilder has dislocated from a bench press.. I'm really friggin impreased that they know these much info.. Also, doing it lower won't benefit your chest much.. It's the squeeze on the top that mattets most.. If you want the link, I will dsfinitely gave it to show that the bench form is correct..
Jul 3, 2019 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
Yep, an accurate representation of a gym.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 3, 2019 6:06 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
First episode was amazing, I liked it a lot!

Actually hoped for Ecchi but the comedy made up for it.
Jul 3, 2019 6:16 PM

Jul 2019
An "educational" anime about bodybuilding. Perfectly normal looking JK thinks she's fat and joins a gym to lose weight. She meets a classmate and they begin training together. Educational explanation segments here and there, but mostly it's just an ecchi comedy, and there isn't much comedy. Not very good so far, wouldn't be surprised if this show becomes a bit of a meme on /a/ because of the gimmick though.
Jul 3, 2019 6:17 PM

Aug 2014
Lets thank the anime lords for this one, another classic
Jul 3, 2019 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
Based on the OP and ED I could see that they nerfed Tachibana-sensei's boobs and made Zina's boobs bigger. As a manga reader that really ticked me off. I don't know why they did this and I'm sure not happy about it.

But all things considered this was a really good first episode. Ai Fairouz has a great career ahead of her, she's a newcomer but already has superb voice acting skills.
Jul 3, 2019 6:24 PM
Feb 2017
JustAnAnimeList said:
Based on the OP and ED I could see that they nerfed Tachibana-sensei's boobs and made Zina's boobs bigger. As a manga reader that really ticked me off. I don't know why they did this and I'm sure not happy about it.

But all things considered this was a really good first episode. Ai Fairouz has a great career ahead of her, she's a newcomer but already has superb voice acting skills.

White hair with big chest > black hair big chest tbh.
Jul 3, 2019 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
so this is what peak anime is in 2019 So good, this was everything i wanted and more from when i saw this get announced, bless doga though i feel this is one of the few ecchi's i've ever seen them do or the first full on censored nudity at the start.

girls are cute and there's quite a bit of fanservice and manservice? felt more played up for gags but at least the ouji is going crazier for muscles than Gou from free!

it's pretty funny but at the same time whenever i see a anime girl complain about being fat and dieting i'm like you look hardly any different

SIDE CHEST EVERYONE love that photoshopped mass of muscle lol guess nobody is normal in this show
Jul 3, 2019 6:35 PM

Jul 2015
It was actually fun to see. I was surprise it wans't a short anime.

Jul 3, 2019 6:48 PM
Aug 2010
No anime, you won't make me return to the gym.
Jul 3, 2019 7:13 PM
Aug 2012
morihama said:
An "educational" anime about bodybuilding. Perfectly normal looking JK thinks she's fat and joins a gym to lose weight. She meets a classmate and they begin training together. Educational explanation segments here and there, but mostly it's just an ecchi comedy, and there isn't much comedy. Not very good so far, wouldn't be surprised if this show becomes a bit of a meme on /a/ because of the gimmick though.

She's pretty much fat.. 35% bofyfat percentage is a lot..
Jul 3, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
Doga Kobo never fails to deliver. That OP was fantastic.

Much lewd in the explanations.

Jul 3, 2019 7:27 PM
May 2017
When did we turned from a 800 years old loli FOX GIRL to a BODY BUILDER!?? Doga Kobo, are you okay?

Other than that, quite an enjoyable first episode, the comedy has me giggle alot.

And for some reason, I want to go to the gym after this, I'm THICC FAT as fuck!!

Jul 3, 2019 7:33 PM

Mar 2019
Well that was... Something. Can't imagine loving twelve episodes of people just working out lol.
Jul 3, 2019 7:47 PM

Mar 2018
It was okay I guess, little bit too basic. Takes me back to the days I was a newb in the gym, struggling without weights. You get your strength up quite fast in a few weeks though for anyone wondering, unless you've never done any sports and eat shit maybe

Didn't even know this was tagged ecchi, the fanservice is low tier. Doesn't look like the art and animation will make up for it, quite average and generic. Hope we'll get some girls with hotter character designs at least
poop
Jul 3, 2019 7:52 PM
Jan 2017
This show isn't bad, it's actually quite funny and informative about exercise and workout, but it really loves showing off muscles. In fact, the muscle fanservice looks like it will be the show's bread-and-butter, rather than the tips about exercise and workout. Hibiki does a good job at serving as the show's everywoman, the character viewers are supposed to relate to the most or the easiest. Since she experiences the pressures and difficulties of exercise for the first time, she ends up asking the same questions we ourselves would ask if we found ourselves in those exact same situations. Her friend Akemi, who does have a better grasp on workout routines and muscles, adapts better to the circumstances and provides a nice contrast to the confused and overwhelmed Hibiki. As long as the show plays its cards right and can properly sustain its concept for the rest of the season, it might become bigger and better than was previously expected.
Jul 3, 2019 7:53 PM

Aug 2015
pretty good episode. better then anything that came out the past 2 days by far...
Jul 3, 2019 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
i did not expect this one to be full-length but i dont mind.
Macho caught me extremely off-guard when flexed out of his clothes and showed his physique.

im definitely sticking around plus the ED is awesome lol
Jul 3, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2016
This deserves more punctuation, I can not stop smiling for this show, we needed something like this, doga kobo does not disappoint for this kind of anime :)
Jul 3, 2019 9:57 PM
Oct 2017
I didn't expect anything from this anime but for the love of god, this is pure gold!!
Jul 3, 2019 10:01 PM
Nov 2018
what a first episode! machio sensei with that normal anime face with that ripped body, i can't even ahahah. they got the workout stuff done pretty well, very impressed.
Jul 3, 2019 10:17 PM

Nov 2016
Timz0r said:
I think this anime is trying to tell me something that we should exercise more and I'm starting to believe it's working.
Especially when we have Aqua / Sora Amamiya telling us she likes muscles.

It's time to get as buffed as a Jobro!

I was more or less gonna write this Again.

Also, Didn't quite notice that the girl thirsting for Muscles had the same VA as Aqua. Seems that she wasn't useless after all.

Mywifesson said:
I don't like that they went the education route instead of the comedy route which is what the manga took and then gave you some shitty untrue dyel advice every other chapter. I hope no anime nerds see this and start coming into the gym wearing ahegao shirts and doing a butt routine in the mirror of the power cage without using the bar

Mywifesson said:
Also mega lol at the salty fatties getting mad because they are fatter than the main character and don't do anything about it except cope.

So, do you want people to stay fat just because they will enbarras THEMSELVES (Not you) with their bad form they took from characters who are obviously newbies or do you want them to work out so they see how things really are? Kind of felt like one part of the post contradicted the other.
GokaiKingJul 3, 2019 10:22 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 10:49 PM

Nov 2018
Vaylard said:
"This program is sponsored by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare"

This will be promoted to the health and fitness club and it will acquired for physical education specially in the middle school and colleges
Jul 3, 2019 11:19 PM

Jul 2016
Cute tanned girl doing workout? Well, I guess I have found my new guilty pleasure for this season.

Pretty entertaining first episode. Doga Kobo sure invested some good production values in this series and I'm glad for that since it made the whole experience even more enjoyable. Really looking forward to the next episodes!
Jul 4, 2019 12:33 AM

Dec 2013
chakracat said:
This show is funny as fuck but their form is atrocious

Yeah, kind of.
During the bench press, she didn't even touch her tits with the bar (lul).
Jul 4, 2019 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
I've been working out past 7 years, this anime has a lot of correct information and portraits about pretty much how it works inside a gym, even with the girls doing bench press "wrong" (you must low it to your chest) as many girls do so, the op is catchy and has a nice feeling of slice of life(sports) in it, anyway i liked it.
Jul 4, 2019 12:48 AM
Nov 2017
syncrogazer said:
Rafostar said:
Why is J.C.Staff on end credits?

Studios do work for other studios. It's the only way anything can get done. OLM is there too if you didn't notice.

Yeah, and White Fox too. When this was first announced I thought that this will be another trash anime, but it is amazing that so many studios are working on it and first episode was great! I hope they can keep up the good work.
Jul 4, 2019 12:53 AM

Dec 2016
Turbotrash anime won't even bother watching episode 2, 4/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 4, 2019 1:04 AM
Jan 2018
Himitsu_17 said:
abbe44 said:
hmm
>55,6KG
>160CM
>unhealthy????
uh no?
it's just a show, i know, but that still bothereed me, dont think this show is for me anyways
hopefully young girls wont feel that their totally fine bodies are ugly or wrong

Totally agree! And I'm surprised no one beside you mention that part; or the no boyfriend if you are slightly plump.

I have no problem with fit girl doing sport but I hate the way they give such bad image of a perfectly healthy weight.
Himitsu_17 said:
abbe44 said:
hmm
>55,6KG
>160CM
>unhealthy????
uh no?

Totally agree! And I'm surprised no one beside you mention that part; or the no boyfriend if you are slightly plump.

I have no problem with fit girl doing sport but I hate the way they give such bad image of a perfectly healthy weight.

35% percent of body fat is alot plus cultural difference
Mattinator95Jul 4, 2019 1:32 AM
Jul 4, 2019 1:08 AM
Jan 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
Mattinator95 said:

pretty fun

i have no interest in gyms personally im just watching it because the characters look fun wonder if i can find a video on YouTube with a real personal trainer reviewing this series and saying what is correct or not

funny how after she joins a gym she eats a hot dog on the way home

Watch Jaxblade then. He makes workout videos and does series like "Would x workout be viable?" and such. He's geeking out over this series, lol.

the dudes loving it XD .
Mattinator95Jul 4, 2019 3:44 AM
Jul 4, 2019 1:12 AM

Aug 2015
Anime muscle girls are the pinnacle of Enlightenment

The funny faces are delightful, the muscle fetish ojousama is delightful, exercising anime girls are delightful

I'm looking forward to the other girls, especially the sensei and the white hair one
Jul 4, 2019 2:39 AM

Oct 2017
This moment when you are trying to lose some weight ,but you are eating too much and then it's no getting any results xD
First ep was nice ,idk why but it reminds me Grand Blue
Jul 4, 2019 3:28 AM
Jan 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
chakracat said:

Yeah, kind of.
During the bench press, she didn't even touch her tits with the bar (lul).

which one both or just hikibi
Jul 4, 2019 3:30 AM
Jan 2018
chakracat said:

which form are you referring to
Jul 4, 2019 3:48 AM
Feb 2019
Muscles everywhere. Looking at myself: I think I'll start to exercise tomorrow
Jul 4, 2019 4:32 AM

Nov 2018
Are the guys in the gym straight out of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
_cjessop19_Jul 4, 2019 4:36 AM

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 4, 2019 4:37 AM

Nov 2018

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 4, 2019 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
the opening song is really catchy
nice show, Doga Kobo saved animay
Jul 4, 2019 5:32 AM
Aug 2018
Damn, love so much this episode! So freaking wow
Jul 4, 2019 6:24 AM

Jan 2016
finally the hyped up workout show is out. I can already see that this show is going to motivate me to workout. Love the character designs, especially Hibiki. 4/5 for the episode. Really looking forward to the next episode, I also really want to see the gray hair girl.
Jul 4, 2019 7:06 AM

Mar 2016
Rafostar said:
but it is amazing that so many studios are working on it

That's true for like every anime dude. This is nothing special and has nothing to do with the quality really.
syncrogazerJul 4, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 4, 2019 7:16 AM
Jan 2017
Awesome
Loved it
wow
Voice actor of the MC reminded me of Gabriel from Gabriel Dropout, turns out the studio worked on both this and GabDrop lol so thats cool. Love the animation too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2019 7:21 AM
Oct 2017
Was a fun episode overall, damn though, the OP is super catchy, and it also reminds me of Uchi maid's ED. Overall a must watch
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

161 by Cyroro »»
Apr 12, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

45 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 8, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

132 by hanyuhi16 »»
Mar 23, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Did you guys do the exercises at the end of the episodes?

JaniSIr - Apr 17, 2023

29 by dezhavhu »»
Jan 1, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2019

52 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.