Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 25, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
There it is, they were too cool to be friends. Fuck! Can't we trade our 3 useless heroes for them? :'(
Jun 25, 2019 4:09 PM
Jun 2019
AnimeZ0id said:
Can someone please explain to me why they’re trying to kill Naofumi??? They just said “yo I’m from another world and I need to kill you because of something that wasn’t really explained!!” Anime only here feel free to spoil some stuff for me in the source material

I can only conjecture that this has to do with the talk with Fitoria.

Remember how saving the people or saving the world bore different implications? Chances are these heroes reached the point where they had to take this decision.
Jun 25, 2019 9:50 PM

Apr 2007
Glass is back...
Looks like Naofumi and crew are more evenly matched this time.
Jun 26, 2019 3:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
hanoman said:
Raphtaliamal said:
there can't be season 2, the event doesn't sell BD well
Sure? How about the promised neverland which sold only about half of shield hero? It gets season 2.

I think many of MAL people are still outdated. They always predict sequel possibility based on BD sales. Haven't you read Junichiro Tamura interview on reddit (the producer of shield hero)? He said that anime market nowadays has shifted to legal streaming and merchandise selling.

I thought the possibility of season 2 is really high, because:

1. It's one of the most watched in many streaming sites (especially in CR, it's top 1 there since winter)

2. The merchandises (especially nendoroid) sold like hot cakes.
Naofumi's nendoroid is still on amiami.com top 10 most preordered figure even after 2 month post-release, as well as Raphtalia nendoroid. In crunchyroll store, Naofumi's nendoroid is the first most preordered nendoroid all the time, and Raphtalia is the second.

3. And don't forget the huge increase of novel and manga selling.

Note : almost all popular show sold so low in BD/DVD for winter 2019 anime. Shield hero is still sold higher than mob psycho, dororo, and neverland though.

Thank you, I said in past discussions to some people that BD sales dont matter as much anymore, but most people still dont get it, and keep getting stuck in BD sales as mean of prediction.

Let me add, that I heard that the chinese backed the production of this adaptation ALOT, to stream it on China, and since the beggining it has been an huge sucess, I m guessing they will want a S2.
Jun 27, 2019 3:19 PM
Jan 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
genesic123 said:

No you deluded hipster.

The three heros revealed thair special skills during the round table discussion.Thats why he knows them now.Even that copy shield scene was because of that.

Haters gonna hate.You are a blatant liar.

Too bad they teleported everyone, not only the heroes.
But you may keep excusing the said cheap writing if you may. One day you will hopefully develop beyond blindly praising profoundly flawed products. Like this story. Defenders gonna defend, huh?

They can do it through him.Even the waves have their own teleportation.Blind hate as always.

Jun 27, 2019 3:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Glass finally appears again, good to see her, even though I will say it again, her LN design is much better, they made her too much adult, too tall even, she had a more cute design with the LN art...

honey--mint said:
So, um, i suppose my guess about it all being sort of cross-server pvp between heroes was about correct (?), though i didn't understand what exactly is the reason for them to fight each other since the ones attacking are monsters.

This is supposed to be a big plot twist to the series, with this episode you find out that there are other worlds outhere (also fighting the waves), and each has their own heroes... this will be playing an HUGE part on a possible S2 and was a change in direction alot of the books readers didnt want, since it starts to focus more on other worlds and their fights, vs actual waves on this world Naofumi was summoned to, for awhile.
Alot of people got mad with that.
IMO it was fresh and will introduce alot of new characters (some really great ones).

The reason is that they have to destroy other worlds, to save theirs from the waves destruction, it will be explained on a S2, but it is a solution, but a really DUMB one.
As of now, it is just a silly plot device to create the conflict.

Glass, Theresa and L'Arc will appear later in the series again, for those that like them, it isnt the end for them.
Jun 27, 2019 3:44 PM
Apr 2016
genesic123 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Too bad they teleported everyone, not only the heroes.
But you may keep excusing the said cheap writing if you may. One day you will hopefully develop beyond blindly praising profoundly flawed products. Like this story. Defenders gonna defend, huh?

They can do it through him.Even the waves have their own teleportation.Blind hate as always.

Was it ever stated before during the series? The main question here goes if there were allusions to this mass teleportation through Cardinal Heroes (extremely convenient, why not just let the heroes summon tanks or Gundams straight away). Were there any? I clearly remember the mechanics of 4 heroes teleporting to the waves. That is it.
You will not find much blind hate here, this series is extremely suspectible to even the lowest level criticism. You will find blind hate towards criticism, though. A target audience issue.
Re:formed
Jun 28, 2019 7:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
honey--mint said:
Playcool said:

This is supposed to be a big plot twist to the series, with this episode you find out that there are other worlds outhere (also fighting the waves), and each has their own heroes... this will be playing an HUGE part on a possible S2 and was a change in direction alot of the books readers didnt want, since it starts to focus more on other worlds and their fights, vs actual waves on this world Naofumi was summoned to, for awhile.
Alot of people got mad with that.
IMO it was fresh and will introduce alot of new characters (some really great ones).

The reason is that they have to destroy other worlds, to save theirs from the waves destruction, it will be explained on a S2, but it is a solution, but a really DUMB one.
As of now, it is just a silly plot device to create the conflict.

Glass, Theresa and L'Arc will appear later in the series again, for those that like them, it isnt the end for them.

Thanks for this explanation. I suspected other world's heroes exist since Glass appeared for the frst time. The second part is upsetting tho, since i've only been watching the show for Naofumi but oh well c:

He is still the MC, he is always involved with the plot, you dont always see from his PoV but that doesnt mean the tale will skip in for awhile and focus on other characters, not happening.
Saying more would be spoilers, I would reccomend you to read the LN, because it has ALOT more of deep and if you enjoyed this, you will love all the extra details about Naofumi's insights and management of his party and equipment, it does make a difference.
Jun 28, 2019 7:42 AM

Apr 2019
Zevere said:
AnimeZ0id said:
Can someone please explain to me why they’re trying to kill Naofumi??? They just said “yo I’m from another world and I need to kill you because of something that wasn’t really explained!!”
I can only conjecture that this has to do with the talk with Fitoria. Remember how saving the people or saving the world bore different implications? Chances are these heroes reached the point where they had to take this decision.
I'm anime only too, but you can easily spoil yourself (like I did) in one of the fan wikis of the LNs. Without spoiling too much, the religious/mythological players aren't all revealed even. The multiverse structure of the SH world, I.e. the fact that there is more than one reality and those interact for the short moments of the "catastrophes" was revealed but not detailed in the penultimate episode. I'm not sure who is "they" in "want to kill Naofumi", there is more than one interest group which would love to see him and/or the other heros dead. For different motives: plantation owners who profiteer from slavery, religious types because of faith, the parts of the social elite who suffered from the downfall of the king, Fitoria's chicken gang because they think the current choice of heros is inept, etc. pp.

Each protagonist in SH's world only thinks (and I won't exclude even powerful and wise players like Fitoria or the Queen here) (s)he knows what the mechanics and drivers of the world(s) are. I think none of them has it completely right, aka we deal with unreliable narrators. SH despite all valid criticism is an epic narrative in size and length, we can talk about depth in SH's case. It's very common for those that your view is reset multiple times due to extra information. This is not bad storytelling, it's common from Monster to Monogatari an a tradmark of epic stories.
inimJun 28, 2019 7:46 AM

Jun 28, 2019 8:04 AM

Apr 2019
SSL443 said:
papsoshea said:
"If you don't like it, don't watch it" - because if you don't watch it, you like it, get it? They are so smart. And if you say to them that you don't watch it, then they will say you can't dislike it. Genius, genius, genius!

It allows them to define anyone with anything critical to say as a "hater", because only a hater would watch something they dislike. Which then gives them their justification to dismiss all criticism because it only comes from "haters". Next-level mental gymnastics.
papsoshea thinks he is a social media professional who was tasked by the Gods of Good Taste and Moral Superiority themselves to grace all outlets with his bad writing. He has the delusion that he pretty much has to watch all seasonal anime so he can review them, which is a legit excuse in my book. The fact he is triggered so much by SH has more to do with his own psychological condition and uptight sexuality (or lack of it) overcompensated with machismo and selective prudery. SSL443 is just a mentally slow attack troll parroting his master, you can safely ignore that gobbledygook.

Jun 28, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2016
inim said:
papsoshea thinks he is a social media professional who was tasked by the Gods of Good Taste and Moral Superiority themselves to grace all outlets with his bad writing. He has the delusion that he pretty much has to watch all seasonal anime so he can review them, which is a legit excuse in my book. The fact he is triggered so much by SH has more to do with his own psychological condition and uptight sexuality (or lack of it) overcompensated with machismo and selective prudery. SSL443 is just a mentally slow attack troll parroting his master, you can safely ignore that gobbledygook.

It's funny you should mention that, because I think you've shilled your pepega "review" harder than anyone else who's been posting on here.

It's also funny that, considering I'm the one who is supposed to be the attack troll, you've done far more "attacking" than me as well. I mean, even now, you're starting up another antagonistic confrontation for no reason.

Shall I serve up some additional quotes of your escapades for perusal?
Jun 30, 2019 6:28 AM

Nov 2017
Man that was quite crazy. I loved the fight between Team Shield and The Foreign Heroes. Really cool.

plz @ me
Jun 30, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
Damn it I don't want the show to end!
Jul 4, 2019 10:06 AM
Apr 2016
Well that's trouble, seems like at the end, like expected, the red haired is fighting against Naofumi. Glass shew up too, seems like Naofumi is in a pinch.
Jul 10, 2019 6:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
kuraharah said:
Playcool said:

He is still the MC, he is always involved with the plot, you dont always see from his PoV but that doesnt mean the tale will skip in for awhile and focus on other characters, not happening.
Saying more would be spoilers, I would reccomend you to read the LN, because it has ALOT more of deep and if you enjoyed this, you will love all the extra details about Naofumi's insights and management of his party and equipment, it does make a difference.

Good to know then. Following ongoings is pretty tiresome, so it's unlikely that i will pick up the LN. But i really get what you mean about details, i've read two LNs before, gate and goblin slayer, both adaptations can't compare with source material in this regard.

If you like RPGs, you maybe very addicted to reading Tate, you can see in the forums, but I think I broke my own record, and almost read 7 volumes in one week, the first 7 ones, and I think at one point I was controlling myself~~
It is addictive reading, you get so much more insight on their progress and status inside the world and all.
Jul 15, 2019 3:49 AM

Jul 2013
See I knew it! But seriously wtf is this heroes from other world nonsense? We already have the multiverse thing with Naofumi and the other heroes. Though this pretty much confirms it for me, there's much more to these waves
Jul 23, 2019 8:33 PM

Jun 2015
the other 3 heroes are so useless in this situation, goddamn
Aug 5, 2019 10:11 AM

Oct 2014
finally, a more interesting plot twitst
though now it just feels like FFXIV xD
Aug 17, 2019 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
So first we saw a fight on sea. Definitely not the best area to fight as a human. The queen is the complete opposite to the king. She immidiately made sure that enough ships and soldiers help Naofumi and the other heros against the wave.

The fights were okay, nothing to special. That was also the first time we saw L'Arc showing his power and damn he's strong. His combination attack with Therese was crazy. That big monster got rekt so hard.

And then something very unexpected happened. L'Arc finally realized Naofumi really is the shield hero and his behaviour towards him shifted completely. They announced themself also as heros from another world. I also don't fully understand why they want just Naofumi to die. It's crazy to think about how many other worlds with other heros could be out there.

When L'Arc attacked Motoyasu, Itsuki and Ren you could see how weak they really are. One attack and they were almost done.

Also big surprise that Glass also being a hero and a comrade of L'Arc and Therese. I really liked the fight of Naofumi, Rapthalia, Filo vs. L'Arc and Therese. Definitely the best one so far. When I think back how Naofumi couldn't so anything against Glass and now he's able to block her attacks without to much effort. Tbh I have absolute no clue how this will end and if we get a big cliffhanger or what ever. I just hope they give us an explaination because the reason behind the waves and why heros from another world have to fight other heros. Last episode, let's go.

Aug 31, 2019 9:35 AM

Jan 2018
First of all, Please explain your situation more properly!
Secondly, WHY THE FUCK ARE THE OTHER HEROES SO USELESS
Sep 5, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode, L'arc and There is way too op but Glassy is way way way too op.
Oct 19, 2019 12:21 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting, it's like an inter-world battle royale, these Waves?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 9, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
She broke one of Itsuki's "accessories". The writers are so lazy they couldn't even name the thing she broke. Devil is in the details rite?

Overall bad show that relies completely on shock value.
4/10.
Apr 7, 2020 1:58 AM

Aug 2017
Finale coming up. French couple was up to no good of course.

The other 3 heroes are such trash.

Looks like the end will be incomplete and MC will not go back home yet.
Jun 19, 2020 9:26 PM

May 2020
Down to last episode, and Glass is back!. The final match of Neofumi and Glass, hype last ep! here we go~
Jun 27, 2020 1:19 AM
Jun 2020
Great to see Naofumi's party attack coordination. You can clearly see how Naofumi is more powerful in this episode. The fighting animations is also great.
Jul 1, 2020 6:58 PM

May 2013
Glassy, why fight when you can join the Shield Harem? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) LOLOLOL

The conscious bracelet Naofumi made is such a sweetie pie TT^TT
Dec 20, 2020 7:37 PM

Aug 2019
damn will admit, my Thalassophobia was fucking whaling this episode. I knew that right after the reveal of a hour glass, that the next wave will probably be something sea base, but god damn i didn't expect narwhale chan to come out like that and scare the hell outta me.
The other 3 heroes showing, once again, that they have the combat effectiveness equivalent to that of paper Mache nerf rounds. Use them once, provide little to no effect other to piss the other party off, then throw them away.

Ok so slightly confused on L'arc and glass's whole deal. So they are heroes from another world, which is also facing world ending danger, yet have come to this one to act as "heroes, but we'll fight the current ones cus they are useless"? I don't know man, sounds like being an anti-hero but with extra steps. Well its more then apparent they aignt up for working with this worlds heroes, and yet again, everyone and their moms knows Naofumi and want a duel specifically with him, and not the other heroes.
Jan 10, 2021 6:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am speechless, not knowing what should i say currently. Because its really effected me much with how they kept dump with the information. From my understanding, the wave might be the transportation for those heroes from another dimension of the worlds. Then, it will be better if they just ask nicely to them. But no, they decided to fights because its looks cool. Lol. The inter-world heroes battles. Seriously, whats wrong with a normal fantasy story? First, its a betrayal, and bitch. Then, a stupid kingdom with trash king. Now its a sci-fi element that involved inter-world heroes. Okay, i am busted up already. So, better be fast to the next episode, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, Therese is official trash now.
"Please make me a jewelry. Oh and later I'll try to attack you with it"
Piece of shit, I hope she dies together with the other two assholes. Though most likely they will be defeated by Naofumi next episode and be forgiven... and my score for this show will drop once again.
Mar 11, 2021 5:14 AM

Jun 2015
what the point of having other 3 useless heroes?
Mar 11, 2021 11:46 PM

Oct 2020
Damn that L'Arc is sure op
Mar 17, 2021 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
badabass said:
I am speechless, not knowing what should i say currently. Because its really effected me much with how they kept dump with the information. From my understanding, the wave might be the transportation for those heroes from another dimension of the worlds. Then, it will be better if they just ask nicely to them. But no, they decided to fights because its looks cool. Lol. The inter-world heroes battles. Seriously, whats wrong with a normal fantasy story? First, its a betrayal, and bitch. Then, a stupid kingdom with trash king. Now its a sci-fi element that involved inter-world heroes. Okay, i am busted up already. So, better be fast to the next episode, then!

no they fight cause 1 world will die (its the endgame) so each try to beat other so the world they were summoned to would survive
Nov 15, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2017
The archers firing arrows on that ship was not only worse than Kingdom's visuals with the CG there, but it was repeated too in the episode. Wow...

Rest of the episode was a waste too, the L'Arc twist added nothing here, it felt way too obvious given how Naofumi was acting with faith to him, my man did not learn from the past.
Nov 28, 2021 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
I really don’t want them to kill Lar’c and the others. They’re actually pretty dope. They’re especially not assholes like the other three.
Dec 17, 2021 12:05 PM

Jul 2021
In the end, Therese and L'Arc were enemies, and on top of that, they were from the same group as Glass. I expect a great battle from this next episode, as Naofumi will face the strongest warriors that he has encountered so far in the anime.
asdasdsadad
Feb 7, 2022 5:10 AM

Jul 2021
Well it was kind of expected, no one can be nice to Naofumi just like that. What's wrong with this Scythe fucker? Instead of fighting the waves in his world, why does he wanna kill Naofumi?

The first part of the episode felt a bit weak but it picked up near second part. The anime came from fighting the waves to fighting the heroes of another world during the waves? Nande? I hope a good explanation is given to us regarding all this and why is everyone just going for our Naofumi lol, everyone makes him their enemy wherever he goes.

Last episode is titled Rising of the shield hero, I think we should expect kick ass action from our Naofumi, one thing I know is the episodes named after the anime names are just amazing.
Raphtaliamal said:
papsoshea said:
One more episode to go until the shitshow ends... for now... that is until a second season arrives.
there can't be season 2, the event doesn't sell BD well
boy do i have news for u

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 30, 2022 12:10 AM
Jan 2017
Excited to see the end of the season :3
Jul 19, 2023 9:42 AM

Dec 2022
The other three heroes are literally cannon fodder at this point, like come on they dont do shit and are always soo weak to even take part in Naofumi's fights.

Aug 24, 2023 12:57 AM

Dec 2022
Why is Naofumi calling these two scumbags heroic? They betrayed him and are trying to murder him for no apparent reason. He's been consistently cold towards Melty from the start despite her being unequivocally on his side, yet he sees fit to idolise more people who have deliberately and consciously deceived him for selfish ends? Didn't betrayal cause his cynical, resentful character change in the first place at the very start of the series?

Bizarre. If anything, this should trigger a relapse of his misanthropic attitude present after the first episode, but he's busy worshipping the otherworld duo instead.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 11, 2023 8:30 PM
Dec 2022
A naval battle out at the sea surrounding the islands. The big boss has cannon-like weapon so pretty lopsided.

The other adventurers are from another world?! Plus they got Glass on their side?!
Dec 16, 2023 7:16 PM

Nov 2023
Looks like more action in this episode, elzzgo
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.