Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 19, 2019 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
finally get a decent character and he ends up having to be the"baddie" and i know hes gonna lose but we're forced to side with these lame ass characters ,this shits finally over and i've given it a fair of enough chance only to end up being disappointed by how poorly written most of it is.

also low key other characters besides the mc dropping their from another world seems like the hot twist for these isekai nowadays
Jun 19, 2019 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
I'm actually OK with having L'Arc play a role as an antagonist since it means that we would have someone who actually has somewhat interesting/nuanced reasons to go against our MC, instead of just being irredeemably awful/evil like all the others. Too bad there's only 1 episode left - any chance of exploring that will have to be quickly passed over to get the season to some kind of stopping point.

The poor animation and CG usage was particularly noticeable in this episode and really caused some of those action sequences to suffer as a result. Mediocre episode overall.
Jun 19, 2019 8:30 PM
May 2017
Glass versus Naofumi on the final episode...

"Don't disappoint me, Messala."
-Judah Ben-Hur
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 19, 2019 8:47 PM

Jan 2014
Amazing! This is the closest thing to an actual MMO raid that an anime has to offer. When they were preparing for the wave, people are grouped and the strong guys are separated from each other. There is actually a tank that lures the boss and not just randomly hitting it because why not. Strong characters like Glass, randomly enters the fight because you were taking too long to finish business. Casualties are high because people actually die in raids. People continuously use skills and does not yell out 'switch' every 2sec. And finally AOE skills! I've never seen that ever in anime, not even in log horizon.
Recommend me an anime
Jun 19, 2019 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Man, everybody betrays Naofumi, I bet he's fed up with this world...

Just one more episode. I sure won't miss this anime.
Jun 19, 2019 9:08 PM

Aug 2018
L'Arc & his mate's betrayal was expected since he showed some signs of hatred toward the Shield Hero 2 episodes ago. However I really did not think they were - at first - heroes themselves coming from another world, but secondly, that they were allied with Glass.

I mean, this is how I see it : L'Arc & Therese were summoned by another world OR were simply locals who then became heroes. Ok, but what's their strong motive to kill Naofumi and not the whole squad of heroes ? They even sided with a "wave boss", who represents the evil/bad side. I'm honestly confused, since they don't really act like villains...

Guess we might learn more in the next final episode ! There's a side of me that honestly doesn't want it to happen, since it will mark the end of season 1.
Jun 19, 2019 9:19 PM
Oct 2017
1 episode left, HYPEEEEEEEEEE!
Jun 19, 2019 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
I enjoyed the action, but I'm sick of the forced conflict in this anime... I want the conflict to be earned. I bet this is another misunderstanding and in reality they don't have to fight each other.
Jun 19, 2019 10:28 PM

Mar 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
Spear, Bow and Sword heroes are so useless in this episode... Aqua level of useless!

What they were even doing in the last part of episode when Naofumi was fighting with Arc?

Also we got a Isekai in Isekai that is already a Isekai so basically Isekai Quartet S2 episode 1?

Lol, "Aqua level of useless", well said.

Also, the whole Isekai in an Isekai thing was strange as well, but I definitely wouldn't mind a S2 of this and Isekai Quartet :P

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
Jun 19, 2019 10:39 PM

Oct 2017
Well only one episode left. I wonder when they will announce s2 .
Jun 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Mar 2019
All the kids giving this show 5 stars every episode lol.
Jun 19, 2019 11:31 PM

Jul 2016
Ok, maybe it's my lack of interest in this show but I didn't get L'Arc's reason to beat/kill Naofumi (if there actually was any). He just said him and Therese were from another world and that was it. I hope, REALLY HOPE, this show explains in more depth what's happening with those two.

On the other hand, Spear, Bow and Sword were as useless as always. They all are surrounding Lv. 75/80 or so yet Raphtalia can deal more damage than them... pretty absurd but well. Though seeing Ren trembling like a leaf due to being in the middle of the ocean was quite a sight if I'm honest

One more episode to go. Seriously, what a disappointment this anime has been...

Hatsuyuki said:
Do we really want a second season though ?

+1
SouthRzVaJun 19, 2019 11:35 PM
Jun 19, 2019 11:42 PM
Jun 2015
For an anime that wants to make it clear that this world is not a game, as it did during the last wave, they sure have been laying down game mechanics and terminology really thick, especially these last few episodes...
Jun 20, 2019 12:08 AM
Nov 2013
Ok show as whole isnt great but decent. I get people dont like it. But why waste 24 episodes which is like 8 hours to watch something you dont like ? If i dont like show for whatever reason i drop it after third episode. But no 24 episodes in and people still complain that show is terrible. I understand when they say it in first five episodes but they say it every episode but still watch it. They are masochists so they like torture themself with something they dont like or too much time ? It comes to me like watch something i dont like just for purpose to rant about it later on forum because of attention. So if you have so much time to watch something you dont like go and watch something better no reason to tell people for 100th time.
Jun 20, 2019 12:31 AM

Jun 2017
Seems like everyone lost interest in the series after Malty got her punishment. For me, it is the opposite. The first 20 episodes were huge meh exactly because of the pointless plot with Malty. It has become slightly more interesting since then. But I don't think I will rate this more than a 6 after the next episode. They wasted too many episodes with Malty.
Edit - I also ended up predicting that Larc is the enemey ever since someone called him as scythe hero a few episodes back.
Chrome_FalconJun 20, 2019 12:37 AM
Jun 20, 2019 1:27 AM

Jul 2014
How people can keep watching something they dislike is beyond me, criticism is one thing but this... wouldn't any normal person drop a show they don't find good? I did so with OPM S2, slime and the other isekai show with Subaru's VA despite being half way to the finish. Are you people M or something?
That being said, I really love the teamwork plays they do here, having Naofumi a non attack type really helped the others shine during a fight.
Jun 20, 2019 1:32 AM

Jan 2015
-Stray said:
How people can keep watching something they dislike is beyond me, criticism is one thing but this... wouldn't any normal person drop a show they don't find good? I did so with OPM S2, slime and the other isekai show with Subaru's VA despite being half way to the finish. Are you people M or something?
That being said, I really love the teamwork plays they do here, having Naofumi a non attack type really helped the others shine during a fight.

I don't drop anything even if I dislike the show. I do mostly pick up anime that I'm most likely won't drop, but sometimes I'm wrong. Does this mean I'm not normal? :D
Jun 20, 2019 1:58 AM

Nov 2013
why isn't Naofumi asking the OBVIOUS question that makes sense, which is: "Why do you have to kill ME?"
Jun 20, 2019 2:27 AM

Jun 2017
AzorAhai said:
why isn't Naofumi asking the OBVIOUS question that makes sense, which is: "Why do you have to kill ME?"

I think it is to force the plot into a direction that the author wants.
Some more examples similar to this one -
1) Once Queen appears and becomes an ally of Naofumi, he should have asked her why everyone hates the previous shield hero. I don't get why Naofumi wouldn't want to know that considering such a hate got spilled over to haunt him as well.
2) When Naofumi actually tries to explain to the other 3 heroes how to properly train, they are sea-sick and refuse to listen to that. All the three of them. This is so that they remain weak for some more time to "allow the plot to progress".
Jun 20, 2019 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing episode , and damm i m so sad next episode gonna be last :(
BRAWLERS
Jun 20, 2019 3:25 AM
Dec 2017
Does anyone know the voice actor of the green-haired girl?
Jun 20, 2019 4:28 AM

Mar 2016
I don't really care about the waves as the story doesn't do a good job showing how scary it is. They just tell you it's scary.

The lazers did little to no damage to the ships. One shot, the ships are broken and the next shot, everything is fine.

The motivations of the new people weren't explained properly, so I didn't care about their fight. Also, when a protagonist is involved in a life or death battle, we all know he will live, so there is no tension at all. The new guy just recently got introduced, so we know he'll live as well. So, what even is the point of the fight?

It was quite obvious that Glass was about to show up. Hope the three people do something that gives us goosebumps, and not something stupid like fight for a while and say "it's time for us to leave now. But, we will be meeting again!" and leave.
Jun 20, 2019 4:32 AM

Mar 2017
I kinda had a feeling that L'Arc & Therese were gonna turn out to be enemies wen i first saw them at the start of the ep but man is it heartbreaking! More people that Naofumi has been betrayed by... i just wanna give him a hug!

Glass is back and that means shit is about to go down! Last episode is gonna be awesome! I wanna know though; why are L'Arc, Therese & Glass only targeting Naofumi? Why aren't they going for the other heroes too, especially since they're so damn weak!
Jun 20, 2019 4:33 AM

Oct 2013
Grimulock said:
I don't know if you guys noticed but in the beggining on the boat, the archers in CGI are so ugly, their sword are clipping through their platebody, and sometimes, the monster is ugly too

I noticed it as well. CGI of Queen's forces was the worst element of this episode.

AzorAhai said:

This. I would also like to know why only Shield Hero was hated so much at the first place and what bad things had previous Shield Hero done that the current one received so intensive negative treatment by Melromarc's elites.

Oh well, at least this episode was entertaining for me. It was great as Shield Hero's episode, but if I were to judge it objectively than it would be average. Mostly because of (again) lack of good writing and irrational plotholes. I guess I got used to them, though. By that I can enjoy this anime more and look kindly on at it.
Jun 20, 2019 4:37 AM

May 2015
Artifiyings said:
GundamSoul said:
Haters gonna hate. All ya shit talkers are just here to troll now as you have already made up your mind that you want this show to fail. Your biased opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things and I hope this gets a second season just so you have more to bitch about.

It really isn't about "Haters gonna hate" There is just so many criticisms and cliches that this series has to offer.

None of which you would actually know about since you don't watch it.

Jun 20, 2019 4:42 AM

May 2015
-Stray said:

They love shitting on the series and anyone that likes it. I don't fully understand why, but my guess would be that they think they're above everyone else and that their opinion is the only correct one to have.

Jun 20, 2019 5:30 AM
May 2016
What the frick? I didn't understand a thing ... What good comes out of killing naofumi?
Jun 20, 2019 5:34 AM

Feb 2018
That evil T-Rex guy was evil, so he was doing evil things, logical. The heroes from other world want to save the world, so they are going to kill people, who are supposed to save the world. Like, what the hell? If only it was explained somehow (well, there was an explanation but it didn't explain shit) but no, we need some bad guys, so here we are, bad guys.
Jun 20, 2019 5:37 AM

Jun 2009
this series has officially jumped the shark. lets hope season 2 is cancelled.
Jun 20, 2019 5:48 AM

Nov 2016
Well considering it will have only 1 more episode this season I really hope for 2nd one because the plot cant stop here (dont think they can finish anything in last episode except their fight) and this anime definitely deserves another season because plot is really interesting and since that b*tch+her father are not royal anymore it deserves another season (well I want another isekai anime with more than basic number of episodes same like slime will have)
Jun 20, 2019 5:58 AM

Feb 2014
The way that L'arc wasn't smiling at Naofumi's direction was a clear giveaway that he was hiding something and inevitably, his identity was known to the other heroes.

He's a hero, but from another world and poor Naofumi is L'arc's main target. He was right to mock the other three stooges, though, as they failed to really contribute to any of the big fights and get their backsides whooped easily by L'arc.

The fight between Naofumi and L'arc was good, though. It had some nice animation and seeing both sides using their team attacks was great. However, when Naofumi was starting to get the upper hand on L'arc, Glass makes her entrance and is annoyingly allied with L'arc and Therese. Things are going to be tougher for Naofumi again. Good luck my man. =)

This was a good episode overall. It had plenty of good action, even if the use of CGI was more of a miss than a hit this time (Mainly the soldiers, who looked bad, but the big fish was alright), and Melty was also involved quite a bit in the action, too. =3

Last episode should be good, I hope. I would like to see a second season of this show if it does happen.
Jun 20, 2019 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
I heard rumors that the last episode will be 1h-long. Is is confirmed or is it just a gossip that's untrue?
Jun 20, 2019 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
One more episode to go, I’m really going to miss this show.
Jun 20, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
one more episode left ..
i'm so sad and want to crying
Jun 20, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Let the Wave commence! At sea, that is. Plus, Glass is back.

With the Queen's forces plus Naofumi and the Three Stooges, they're on the move. L'Arc and Therese, that combo move was impressive, but the fight against the current heroes is even more majestic.

And that CGI, honestly I thought was decent: Big fish monster, fine. Soldiers, work-slack and not great.

Seems that their intentions are the same, but the motivation behind it is different. To make matters worse, his unorthodox manners lead to misunderstandings that Naofumi has stringed his heart to defeat L'Arc.

To add fuel to the fire, Glass appears to aid L'Arc and Therese. Looks like Naofumi has a lot to deal with his shield. Overall, some great action.

Next and final episode, The Rising of the Shield Hero. Hopefully it will be the same hour-long prologue at the beginning for the epilogue at the end.
KANLen09Jun 20, 2019 8:58 AM
Jun 20, 2019 8:50 AM

May 2012
I don't understand the hate ?!

I thought this is one of the good episodes. The action was intense, and I loved it.
Jun 20, 2019 11:05 AM

May 2016
Only one left gonna miss this one

Glassy so she is on L'arc 's side, I really want to know more about that world.
Jun 20, 2019 11:06 AM
Feb 2009
wow already last episode next week no more shield bro on Wednesdays
Jun 20, 2019 11:16 AM
Mar 2019
dang l'arc is with glass
RoneCraft

On-hold is another way for a completionist to say DROPPED

Jun 20, 2019 11:16 AM
Mar 2019
Raizel said:
Only one left gonna miss this one

Glassy so she is on L'arc 's side, I really want to know more about that world.
RoneCraft said:
dang l'arc is with glass

me too im confoozle
RoneCraft

On-hold is another way for a completionist to say DROPPED

Jun 20, 2019 11:20 AM

May 2018
Yep I knew it I knew it L'arc and his bitch were gonna turn against Naofumi and his harem, and with Glass back, I'm pretty sure that L'arc was that wave boss' lackey given that she fought along side with L'arc.

1 more to go.
Jun 20, 2019 11:42 AM
Nov 2018
terminador_2397 said:
"Haters gonna hate" argument is such a weak response to criticism.

This "criticism" doesn't require any other response. It is completely subjective and boils down to "I don't like it". There is no point to argue about that. Plenty of other people "like it", this is what matters for financial success of this series and season 2.

A few of these "critics" watch the show religiously and comment about every single episode within hours of the first airing. Literally, this is episode 24, they doing this for half a year. They just enjoy shitposting. No rational person would do something like that, "not feeding the trolls" is the right answer.

Ignoring them just works. They affect nothing. They can't even sink the rating because there are so few of them.
Jun 20, 2019 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Obviously L'Arc and Therese weren't gonna be good guys, but it's still disappointing that the show made them evil. Other than that, this episode wasn't great at all. There was lots of action, but none of it truly felt weighty or significant; there was just something about the presentation that made it all seem dull rather than having the tension it was obviously meant to.

And the reasons for L'Arc and Therese fighting against them were extremely stupid. And what kind of bullshit is the show gonna pull so they can beat Glass, L'Arc and Therese, given that the Heroes were demolished by Glass alone last time and they've barely gotten stronger since? Also, if their world is also on the brink of destruction and they need Naofumi and co dead to stop it, why didn't Glass just kill them in the previous Wave when she had the chance? She had no reason to let them live, based on what we now know.
AtavisticJun 20, 2019 12:05 PM
Jun 20, 2019 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
what the.... they are heroes from the different world...what does that mean...des that mean the people from the wavs are also in the right... a little bit confusing
Jun 20, 2019 1:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was starting to question why would they ever need to summon heroes from another world if there were already strong people like L'arc in their world, it all makes sense, but him being a hero of another world? Could that other world be whatever the waves are coming from? That shall be interesting.
The other heroes aside from Naofumi really started to look pathetic ever since they faced against the pop, guess who had the last laugh. I'm digging the fact that Naofumi is being acknowledged as the true hero amongst them.
Really shocking how Glass is connected to L'arc and his friend, it puts a lot of suspicion on my theory and “their” world. At the end of the day, the waves could total stand for something else.
I love the teamwork displayed in this episode, all of it, first with the 4 heroes against the giant fish-monster-thing, and then L'arc and his friend against the same fish thing. And to the meat of it all, team Naofumi vs. team L'arc. And now Glass came over, next episode, not only would it be the finale, but it's gotta have a huge portion of action-packed mesh, I really hope it's 45 minutes long, just like the first episode was.
Jun 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
Ahhhh I hope Naofumi will kick her ass but its 2soon for that too happen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2019 3:02 PM
Apr 2018
What, there is a teleport spell? This is pretty new. Where does it come from?
Why the other heroes are not seasick again and how could Raphtalia deal more damage than the other heroes?

All this makes no sense for me.
Jun 20, 2019 6:16 PM

Sep 2017
What happens when two over powered isekai protagonists go all out against each other? Find out next time! Well at this point it seems pretty obvious that L'Arc, Glass and such are from the same world the wave monster come from and they're trying to save their world by killing the heroes so all the evil monsters in their world can come into ours or some bs like that.
Jun 20, 2019 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
Does anyone know who is behind original (Japanese) Glass' voice?
Jun 20, 2019 7:39 PM

Nov 2013
Adnash93 said:
Does anyone know who is behind original (Japanese) Glass' voice?

According to Wikipedia, it is Megumi Han.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.