Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 14, 2019 7:17 AM

Feb 2018
todd2580 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

WHen I said add i meant anything enhancing the comedy, the characters or the story, which with its terrible fights, it doesn’t do.

you're just harsh about the animation so you can't see anything good about it as a result

There are so many more things wrong with this season, if you are interested in a short list, go check out my review xd
Jun 14, 2019 8:45 AM
Mar 2019
First of all the hate towards this season was never because of the animation, because I never really compared the two seasons, secondly the reason for the hate is simply because this anime in particular is great because of it's MC, and when you make episodes 24 minutes long with only 5 minutes of Saitama or at least jenos or sonic, it just becomes like any other ordinary anime, and that's the real buzzkill, Saitama is what made the anime special and they reduced his screen time way too much, and that's not just my opinion but most of the disappointed fans
Jun 14, 2019 7:52 PM
Jun 2019
I've never read the manga but the honestly im not enjoying the second season. I find it boring as hell, the fact the animation took a massive dive is one thing but the jokes are non existent. Opm isn't funny anymore his whole character has changed. He still defeats monsters in one punch but there's no build up and no intensity. Opm was wildly popular because the intense animation and the hilarious antics beteween opm, Geno's and the remaining heros. Season 2 is nothing like the first and I don't think people are hating for no reason. It's muchly deserved it's honestly an insult to the first season. Four years waiting for this anime to come out and it's trash
Jun 15, 2019 6:22 AM
Jul 2016
Bunsuke said:
posts like this fail to realize that yes, as good as the story is, the vast majority of people who hate season 2 have already experienced it in the manga. the reason they've been waiting for an anime adaptation is not to experience those themes again but watch how the animation enhances the series.

basically they're hating it for not being like S1's Animation which it's hilarious
Jun 15, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2018
Its boring its ugly and its slow as hell have sounds problems and a lot more, the product was pushed out to earn more money,with no soul or heart no wonder its a mess

I don't care about the mc´s theory's about what it means to be a hero,, I wanna see some fighting,,,, its suppose to be a action ,and he is not a hero ,he is a bored idiot

And there are also problem with pacing and inconsistent in the whole

Its not hate,,,Its what i get when i watch that anime and my criticism is rightful

And to be honest there are no heroes in that anime,,, They are a bunch of narcissistic assholes that only care about their own pride and glory or not being bored ,, That is not a hero in my book

This is true heroines , Fighting for everyone they love and a ready to sacrifice them self for the greater good ,,not for glory or boasting rights, Because they are REAL heroines , And they are cute as buttons,,,Don't let their cuteness fools you!! They are fiercer than they look!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 15, 2019 9:51 AM
Jun 15, 2019 7:53 AM
Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
todd2580 said:

you're just harsh about the animation so you can't see anything good about it as a result

There are so many more things wrong with this season, if you are interested in a short list, go check out my review xd

i saw it but still i think you're just exaggerate about it you're just focus on the negative side of it rather than the good side which it's funny since it's not that bad yeah the action animation isn't even like angolmois: genkou kassenki which have an animator that worked on episode 2 and 6 of OPM S2 but you can tell that he can't do much with the lack of time it's sad i know but the production is tight and they're doing what it's best for now so you'll find a rush work but it's actually not even that bad they did decent and that's the important thing if you don't accept it you can just read the manga about myself i'll do both of it
Jun 15, 2019 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
I mean, yea some Madhouse stans do exist (and no, Mahouse wouldn't have made this any better since Madhouse fucking sucks nowadays anyway, and it was the original team of freelancers the director called up that made the visuals so good in the first place) and I do think people are overreacting, saying that the atrocious visuals ruin the anime, but this second season is still awful for a laundry list of reasons. Even the discounting the generally abysmal visuals, the presentation of the season has been pretty bad. Mediocre music, awful pacing issues, one-dimensional character writing, the stripping of a lot of the character elements that made Saitama interesting, the lack of any real flavor to the humor, characters, or world compared to season 1 (nothing here even comes close to the disgruntled and arguing alien guys from season 1 ), the inconsistencies regarding certain characters, the lack of time to let things breathe or properly introduce themselves, and the lack of any real weight given to anything all make this season a chore to watch, and I'm only still watching just to see it through to the end. Again, some people are being ridiculous, and yea the moment JC Staff was announced, there was inevitably gonna be some backlash, but man, the often nonexistent and incomplete animation, awful drawing quality, freakish CGI and action mishaps (fuck you, episode 7, you're Berserk 2016/17 bad), grotesque textures on the ground, DO-S's leather, and Genos's and Sonic's armor and metal are all far too noticeable to not be called out. JC Staff gets a lot of hate and while I don't feel the animators deserve it, the abysmal visuals of a lot of their shows nowadays really paint the picture of a badly managed and badly scheduled studio (and the scheduling for OPM 2 which involves issues like there needing to be 5 episode directors for episode 2 don't help matters in the slightest). So yea, the hate isn't there for "no reason". The quality of the anime and its visuals are nowhere near that of season 1 or any adaptation of ONE's work, and the visuals are below even your average non-action seasonal. Fucking Senko-san looks better than this.

Wall of Text criticially hits you for over 9000, you DIE!

Use some interpunction and paragraphs dude.
Jun 15, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
todd2580 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

i saw it but still i think you're just exaggerate about it you're just focus on the negative side of it rather than the good side which it's funny since it's not that bad yeah the action animation isn't even like angolmois: genkou kassenki which have an animator that worked on episode 2 and 6 of OPM S2 but you can tell that he can't do much with the lack of time it's sad i know but the production is tight and they're doing what it's best for now so you'll find a rush work but it's actually not even that bad they did decent and that's the important thing if you don't accept it you can just read the manga about myself i'll do both of it

But the anime doesn’t add anything to those funny moments, it’s all because of how good the manga is, in fact the anime often actively hamstrings it. And i do think it’s absolutely horrible, and not watching it won’t give me the opportunity for a good adaptation of the material back, so just not watching it doesn’t solve anything.
Jun 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
Fluxje said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I mean, yea some Madhouse stans do exist (and no, Mahouse wouldn't have made this any better since Madhouse fucking sucks nowadays anyway, and it was the original team of freelancers the director called up that made the visuals so good in the first place) and I do think people are overreacting, saying that the atrocious visuals ruin the anime, but this second season is still awful for a laundry list of reasons. Even the discounting the generally abysmal visuals, the presentation of the season has been pretty bad. Mediocre music, awful pacing issues, one-dimensional character writing, the stripping of a lot of the character elements that made Saitama interesting, the lack of any real flavor to the humor, characters, or world compared to season 1 (nothing here even comes close to the disgruntled and arguing alien guys from season 1 ), the inconsistencies regarding certain characters, the lack of time to let things breathe or properly introduce themselves, and the lack of any real weight given to anything all make this season a chore to watch, and I'm only still watching just to see it through to the end. Again, some people are being ridiculous, and yea the moment JC Staff was announced, there was inevitably gonna be some backlash, but man, the often nonexistent and incomplete animation, awful drawing quality, freakish CGI and action mishaps (fuck you, episode 7, you're Berserk 2016/17 bad), grotesque textures on the ground, DO-S's leather, and Genos's and Sonic's armor and metal are all far too noticeable to not be called out. JC Staff gets a lot of hate and while I don't feel the animators deserve it, the abysmal visuals of a lot of their shows nowadays really paint the picture of a badly managed and badly scheduled studio (and the scheduling for OPM 2 which involves issues like there needing to be 5 episode directors for episode 2 don't help matters in the slightest). So yea, the hate isn't there for "no reason". The quality of the anime and its visuals are nowhere near that of season 1 or any adaptation of ONE's work, and the visuals are below even your average non-action seasonal. Fucking Senko-san looks better than this.

Wall of Text criticially hits you for over 9000, you DIE!

Use some interpunction and paragraphs dude.
Oh no, a moderately sized paragraph text wall of 14 lines, the length of a normal college essay paragraph! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!
Jun 15, 2019 4:26 PM
Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
todd2580 said:

But the anime doesn’t add anything to those funny moments, it’s all because of how good the manga is, in fact the anime often actively hamstrings it. And i do think it’s absolutely horrible, and not watching it won’t give me the opportunity for a good adaptation of the material back, so just not watching it doesn’t solve anything.

it doesn't do much like S1 did due to tight schedule so at least we got some nice animation scenes even it's a few ones but i want to give the staff a chance at least
Jun 15, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2016
[quote=CodeBlazeFate message=57807299][quote=Fluxje message=57807240]
CodeBlazeFate said:

i'd still prefer OPM S2 over Senko-san or whatever lamo
Jun 15, 2019 7:23 PM

Feb 2018
todd2580 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

it doesn't do much like S1 did due to tight schedule so at least we got some nice animation scenes even it's a few ones but i want to give the staff a chance at least

Almost all the decently animated scenes were made by a single animator, just imagine what could have been with a competent, not overworked team.
Jun 16, 2019 3:48 AM
Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
todd2580 said:

Almost all the decently animated scenes were made by a single animator, just imagine what could have been with a competent, not overworked team.

yeah i know we could get better than we got for sure but it's not Aoki only who doing all the work there's yuji takagi who did the top tank vs garou's first scene (aoki did the second one) he also did a few scenes like metal bat vs that plant monster also sneck vs Suiryu and that one scene when Suiryu was running while the crows attacking him also yuki suzuki did that scene with flashy flash while attacking that octopus , masao okubo doing Genji vs Electric Catfish Man and Maiko Plasma (it was decent at least) and that metal knight scene which we don't know who did yeah sadly most of them aren't skilled to do something in less time like Aoki but at least they did something also most of them might disappeared in episode 7 , 8 (Lan helped that episode a little though) and 9 (which is why those are feels like empty) expect of Aoki and Yuji but that's might for better like getting more time to work on the last 3 episodes perhaps

Jun 16, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
Oh no, a moderately sized paragraph text wall of 14 lines, the length of a normal college essay paragraph! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

These are MAL forums, not some random history or classical literature book out of the 1800's.
White spaces are allowed, so are paragraphs.

Whenever I see stuff like that I think someone just puked his brain out on the keyboard, and after it was done throwing up you hit submit instead of reading it over or finding the 'Enter' on your keyboard.
FluxjeJun 16, 2019 9:23 AM
Jun 16, 2019 9:43 AM

Apr 2016
Fluxje said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

These are MAL forums, not some random history or classical literature book out of the 1800's.
White spaces are allowed, so are paragraphs.

Whenever I see stuff like that I think someone just puked his brain out on the keyboard, and after it was done throwing up you hit submit instead of reading it over or finding the 'Enter' on your keyboard.
If you seriously can't handle a moderately long paragraph in a forum post, that's your problem, note mine (especially since I'm not about to arbitrarily segment it into chunks and then proceed to fill something in so that it doesn't look like I'm cutting myself off for time, like I was writing a review or something). Call me when you read a post that is an actual textwall, or come up with a response to the actual writing beyond "TL;DR M8", and then we'll talk.
Jun 16, 2019 2:00 PM
Sep 2012
It's not just the animation quality that has taken a hit, the directing is also a lot less interesting and lackluster. Someone above mentioned that the director was a newbie and so it's not his fault, I completely disagree.
Jun 16, 2019 2:28 PM
Jul 2016
paranoidfox said:
It's not just the animation quality that has taken a hit, the directing is also a lot less interesting and lackluster. Someone above mentioned that the director was a newbie and so it's not his fault, I completely disagree.

it's an newbie and the production is tight so he can't do his best in less time it's not really his fault it's the result of several factors
Jun 17, 2019 10:11 AM
Jun 2019
I won't comment on other reasons why people might be hating on the season, but seriously I generally do not understand the problem with the animation.
I swear the difference is minor? Seriously I don't see the issue.
Would anyone care to explain because I am genuinely confused.
Jun 17, 2019 10:55 AM
Nov 2016
Kiyukai said:
I won't comment on other reasons why people might be hating on the season, but seriously I generally do not understand the problem with the animation.
I swear the difference is minor? Seriously I don't see the issue.
Would anyone care to explain because I am genuinely confused.

The difference isn't minor is pretty darn BIG. Just watch the 1st episode of OPM S01 to see the difference man, the difference is night and day. If you really can't see any difference between these 2 seasons then by all means, keep enjoying your 2nd season.
Jun 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Feb 2019
The real problem of the second season of one punch man is not the animation, but how the author got tired of his initial premise and decided to turn it into a story of generic fights, before were no long and tedious arcs but bombastic action and comedy , all the time were enemies appeared from nowhere to cause destruction always, but the point of the series that characterized it was the existence of Saitama that came to destroy the expectations and the pride of heroes and monsters alike, the first season constantly spit on the meritocracy of these, how saitama ended with just one punch the bloviating and long-winded explanations tedious and power-ups like of the other animes example dragon ball z or naruto, this was what made OPM be a good parody, can make fun of all that shit, now it has become the same as he tried to parody.
Jun 19, 2019 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
Yeah, I don't get it myself. Why are they hating trash animation, ruined story and pacing, bad voice acting? I don't get it either. There's no reason for them to hate One Punch Man!
KatsutoSakiJun 19, 2019 7:14 AM
Jun 19, 2019 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
I didn't even noticed that the animation changed like i don't give a crap about that;
i know it cuz a lot of people complain about it like tards, in my opinion this season
is way better than the first, i was bored while watching the first season and now
that there is more characters it became more interesting (omfg garou i love you)
Jun 19, 2019 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Sorry but I will hate and bitch however and whenever I want about something that is an absolute disgrace to the original OPM that was a masterpiece. Good for you if you think that it's enjoyable but for me, it's complete dogshit that I want to end my life every time a fight is happening.
Jun 19, 2019 10:18 PM
Nov 2016
MaewenMitzuki said:
I didn't even noticed that the animation changed like i don't give a crap about that;
i know it cuz a lot of people complain about it like tards, in my opinion this season
is way better than the first, i was bored while watching the first season and now
that there is more characters it became more interesting (omfg garou i love you)

You didn't even notice the change of animation? wow, J.C Staff is extremely happy having people like you that can't notice any difference. Unfortunately there are people that can notice the difference and the difference is night and day between the 2 seasons.

But come on now, you are going way too far saying that season 2 is better than season 1.
Jun 20, 2019 1:47 AM

Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
But come on now, you are going way too far saying that season 2 is better than season 1.

I think he referring more on the story than animation, which is indeed better than the pre-Boros arcs. But even that was still ruined by not only the bad animation but also the bad direction too.
Jun 20, 2019 1:55 AM

Feb 2013
Stopped watching after episode 2 came out and had a huge downgrade from an already mediocre episode 1. Manga is incomparably better.
Jun 20, 2019 1:59 AM

Jun 2015
"When you get past the animation"
Why should people get past the animation? Why should they subject themselves to shit? Why are people so afraid of not supporting crap adaptations and just switching over to the source material?
Jun 20, 2019 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
xZabuzax said:
MaewenMitzuki said:

You didn't even notice the change of animation? wow, J.C Staff is extremely happy having people like you that can't notice any difference. Unfortunately there are people that can notice the difference and the difference is night and day between the 2 seasons.

No. I'm legit serious; i was ultra bored by one punch man, season 1 was really
boring in my eyes it's a 6/10 because hopefully genos was here and the end
started more interesting; season 2 i give it a 8/10 for once i smiled/laughed
about something in one punch man, no one can change my mind.
Jun 20, 2019 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
I don't have a problem with the animation personally. It's not great, but it's passable. My problem is that all of the best moments from the manga have little to no impact.

Garou's introduction:
Manga: holy shit that was awesome
Anime: I guess this is the new villain?

Garou taking out heroes one by one:
Manga: oh my god this character is crazy
Anime: This is boring, show me Saitama

Metal Bat fighting centipedes:
Manga: Hey, this guy is pretty cool
Anime: Why are they focusing so much on heroes nobody cares about?

You get the idea. Garou is really an amazing character, but the anime isn't doing him justice.
Jul 1, 2019 3:58 AM
Aug 2016
xZabuzax said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

>The CGI ship looks like foam. I dropped it at episode 1 so there's prolly more CGI
I mean, I could've understand if the characters themselves were CGI, but come on dude, the ship is just a static object, if I go by that logic then AoT and Kabaneri would also be crap, because they sure use more CGI than SoraYori.

Hating on something just because is CGI is not right but to be fair, AoT has some CGI here and there but it doesn't bother us that much because everything else is awesome in that anime and this includes the directing, music, sound effects, voice acting and awesome animation, all of these things combined makes us forget about that CGI stuff and AoT has maintained pretty good consistency so far with all 3 seasons which are pretty much quality material and this is something that needs to be praised because a lot of the times the quality drops in animes in the 2nd season and up. I can't say the same for OPM S02 because everything that I mentioned is lacking here and the irony is that the CGI parts doesn't bother me in OPM S02, personally the CGI in OPM S02 is not that bad so Genos arms or metallic objects doesn't bother me that much, it could've been worse, everything else though is horrendous.

I haven't watched Koutetsujou no Kabaneri so I won't talk about that one.

Wit Studio (the one from Attack on Titan) should be the one handling One Punch Man, I don't trust Madhouse anymore, the recent animes from Madhouse are mediocre as well.
Well it was a "reduction to absurdity" kind of argument, I know that AoT and Kabaneri are examples of good, production values despite their heavy use of CGI which far exceeds the use of it in SoraYori. My point was that his argument against the CGI in SoraYori is baseless.

todd2580 said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
I'm pretty sure that people would (rightfully) shit on any sequel that takes a nosedive in production values compared to its prequel, regardless if the studio/staff changed or not, take Overlord III for instance.

also dragon ball and one piece was have the same anime production studio and the quality changed so people expecting one punch man season 2 to have the same quality as season 1 with madhouse while they didn't kept the quality of overlord season 1 in the next seasons lmao
Just because Madhouse wouldn't have kept the quality of S1 doesn't mean we should give J.C Staff a free pass, everyone blames Madhouse for screwing Overlord II/III, so why do you think they shouldn't do the same with J.C Staff for screwing OPM S2?

CodeBlazeFate said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
Ok, now I know that you have two problems . First, you're mixing "bad anime" and "badly animated anime", especially with Mahouka and Mahou Sensou. Second, you consider any show that doesn't have big sakuga moments almost every episode "barely animated".

Well first, let's get Overlord II/III out of the way, they were shit, everything about them was shit, no one argue otherwise, but you have to give credit to S1 for being consistent, yes it used still shots and CGI way too much, and the art-style was a huge degradation from the original LN, but the drawings were consistent, and there was good animation where it mattered the most, which more than I can say about a lot of LN adaptations:

Regarding Mahouka, as I said, calling it "barely animated" is one hell of a stretch, it seems that the whole show being so bad that you gave it 1/10 affected your judgement of its production values, the over-saturated color schemes and the glowy atmosphere are subjective, I liked them personally, and the art-style is exactly the same as the LN:

Or just see those if you don't want to go through all that crappy editing:

>The CGI ship looks like foam. I dropped it at episode 1 so there's prolly more CGI
I mean, I could've understand if the characters themselves were CGI, but come on dude, the ship is just a static object, if I go by that logic then AoT and Kabaneri would also be crap, because they sure use more CGI than SoraYori.

About OPM S2, just check the ending credits of that episode, "animation director" in Japanese is written (作画監督), "chief animation director" is written (総作画監督)
I mean, some shows can work with limited animation. Berserk 1997 is prolly the best example I can think of, but Happy Sugar Life plays on wacked out imagery to make up for there not being much in the animation department, and Fate/Extra Last Encore is so incredibly beautiful, detailed, and full with lots of well-animated, small character movements as well as imaginative and gorgeous locations that it can get away with not having to many big sakuga moments outside of some of the fight scenes. Mahouka, OPM 2 and Overlord don't have that excuse, especially Mahouka and OPM 2 since Overlord 1 at least has some great cuts here and there, and OPM 2 just generally looks like garbage.

Wew, this really speaks to how bad 2 and 3 are when the CGI is apparently even worse and they can't even keep their art style (one I don't like) consistent. Yea S1 at least managed that and a few neat cuts, but I still wouldn't say it is a well-animated show or that it has overall good visuals. Definitely better than say, The Asterisk War tho. Those first two and the fifth bit you linked on there are actually pretty good but the third and fourth are awful. I did forget about most of those sakuga cuts tho.

I mean, Mahouka is primarily people just sitting and standing with all the info-dumps and whatnot taking up approximately a third or more of the total runtime, and there's not much movement in most of the fight scenes or character interactions. The art style is the same in the LN but that's my problem: I don't like this generic LN art style. I despise their oversaturated lighting filter that has no reason to be there and no congruency with the bland world and hideously bright and garish uniforms, as it all just hurts my eyes to look at, forcing me to squint a lot of the time when I watched the show. Clips 1 and 2 are pretty standard stuff apart from the zooming in. Clip 3 is less decent, with some moments that feel floaty and awkward, bad zooms and shakycam (I don't even know how you get shakycam in an anime) and one bad editing moment where the characters each backflip to different ends of the screen at one moment, only for the very next shot to be of them already in close quarters combat without any transition. I fucking hate clip 4. Mindless flipping around and CGI ground, that god awful, overly bright and saturated lighting, it all is just so hard to look at. The final one is a decent explosion cut (barring how unreasonably bright it is.) Funny enough, No Game No Life has way more animation and detail, less CGI, and colors that blend with the overly bright lighting to make the show less eye-searing and more justified in-universe.

The CGI in Kabaneri was less awful than the foam ship, but then again, I can't comment on Sora Yori too much outside of episode 1. The ship being a static object makes the CGI even less excusable since it's not even really moving like that CGI monster in Kabaneri episode 6 (yea I looked back at AoT ads and clips, and the CGI is quite terrible at points, like with the CGI Colossal Titan). Kabaneri at least had beautifully detailed artwork tho since the art style was by Haruhiko Mikimoto, and the team managed to keep that surprisingly consistent while still having good fight animation and beautiful character designs. Can't comment about the quality of AoT overall since I don't remember much from S1 several years ago and I haven't seen anything past that.

oof, video is unavailable, but I'll take your word for it.

>"Mahouka is primarily people just sitting and standing with all the info-dumps and whatnot"
I can't comment on this statement, because I don't remember the show that well and I don't care enough to go and rewatch full episodes of it, so I'll leave it at that

>"there's not much movement in most of the fight scenes"
I mean I just linked clips and videos of fightscenes that have plenty of movement, it seems that you have a lot of problems with them that don't concern me since by posting them I was only arguing against the "barely animated" part.

>"The art style is the same in the LN but that's my problem: I don't like this generic LN art style"
Then blame the LN illustrator, not the studio.

>"No Game No Life has way more animation and detail, less CGI, and colors that blend with the overly bright lighting to make the show less eye-searing and more justified in-universe."
I've seen a lot of people that hate NGNL's bright colors and pink outlines with passion, as I said, it's just personal taste, it's not something that you can call objectively shit like Hand Shaker.

>"The CGI in Kabaneri was less awful than the foam ship"
Well first, what you're calling "foam ship" is an Icebreaker, and it's pretty accurate compared to what Icebreakers look in real life, they even modeled it exactly like a real japanese Icebreaker called Shirase. Second, I wasn't comparing Kabaneri to SoraYori, I was comparing the use of the CGI between the two, the former use CGI far more than the later, the point is, if a tremendous high profile anime use shortcuts like CGI train, then why would you expect a modest production like SoraYori not to use it for the ship? The funny thing is that the CGI of Kabaneri (and AoT) is outsourced to Madhouse, while the CGI of SoraYori is outsourced to a CGI specialist studio. And finally, SoraYori, while it had genuinely talented people working on it, it had a lot of production problems that showed on its art inconsistency which is a common thing between Madhouse shows nowadays reflecting the studio's current dreadful state.

Jul 1, 2019 4:12 AM
Jul 2016
EpsilonX said:
I don't have a problem with the animation personally. It's not great, but it's passable. My problem is that all of the best moments from the manga have little to no impact.

Garou's introduction:
Manga: holy shit that was awesome
Anime: I guess this is the new villain?

Garou taking out heroes one by one:
Manga: oh my god this character is crazy
Anime: This is boring, show me Saitama

Metal Bat fighting centipedes:
Manga: Hey, this guy is pretty cool
Anime: Why are they focusing so much on heroes nobody cares about?

You get the idea. Garou is really an amazing character, but the anime isn't doing him justice.

it's the lack of time and rush dude but it's not that bad still decent give them a chance and don't be an ignorant it's a situation the crew surly didn't want it to happen but it happen as a result of other factors
Jul 1, 2019 5:09 AM

Apr 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:
xZabuzax said:

Hating on something just because is CGI is not right but to be fair, AoT has some CGI here and there but it doesn't bother us that much because everything else is awesome in that anime and this includes the directing, music, sound effects, voice acting and awesome animation, all of these things combined makes us forget about that CGI stuff and AoT has maintained pretty good consistency so far with all 3 seasons which are pretty much quality material and this is something that needs to be praised because a lot of the times the quality drops in animes in the 2nd season and up. I can't say the same for OPM S02 because everything that I mentioned is lacking here and the irony is that the CGI parts doesn't bother me in OPM S02, personally the CGI in OPM S02 is not that bad so Genos arms or metallic objects doesn't bother me that much, it could've been worse, everything else though is horrendous.

I haven't watched Koutetsujou no Kabaneri so I won't talk about that one.

Wit Studio (the one from Attack on Titan) should be the one handling One Punch Man, I don't trust Madhouse anymore, the recent animes from Madhouse are mediocre as well.
Well it was a "reduction to absurdity" kind of argument, I know that AoT and Kabaneri are examples of good, production values despite their heavy use of CGI which far exceeds the use of it in SoraYori. My point was that his argument against the CGI in SoraYori is baseless.

todd2580 said:

also dragon ball and one piece was have the same anime production studio and the quality changed so people expecting one punch man season 2 to have the same quality as season 1 with madhouse while they didn't kept the quality of overlord season 1 in the next seasons lmao
Just because Madhouse wouldn't have kept the quality of S1 doesn't mean we should give J.C Staff a free pass, everyone blames Madhouse for screwing Overlord II/III, so why do you think they shouldn't do the same with J.C Staff for screwing OPM S2?

CodeBlazeFate said:
I mean, some shows can work with limited animation. Berserk 1997 is prolly the best example I can think of, but Happy Sugar Life plays on wacked out imagery to make up for there not being much in the animation department, and Fate/Extra Last Encore is so incredibly beautiful, detailed, and full with lots of well-animated, small character movements as well as imaginative and gorgeous locations that it can get away with not having to many big sakuga moments outside of some of the fight scenes. Mahouka, OPM 2 and Overlord don't have that excuse, especially Mahouka and OPM 2 since Overlord 1 at least has some great cuts here and there, and OPM 2 just generally looks like garbage.

Wew, this really speaks to how bad 2 and 3 are when the CGI is apparently even worse and they can't even keep their art style (one I don't like) consistent. Yea S1 at least managed that and a few neat cuts, but I still wouldn't say it is a well-animated show or that it has overall good visuals. Definitely better than say, The Asterisk War tho. Those first two and the fifth bit you linked on there are actually pretty good but the third and fourth are awful. I did forget about most of those sakuga cuts tho.

I mean, Mahouka is primarily people just sitting and standing with all the info-dumps and whatnot taking up approximately a third or more of the total runtime, and there's not much movement in most of the fight scenes or character interactions. The art style is the same in the LN but that's my problem: I don't like this generic LN art style. I despise their oversaturated lighting filter that has no reason to be there and no congruency with the bland world and hideously bright and garish uniforms, as it all just hurts my eyes to look at, forcing me to squint a lot of the time when I watched the show. Clips 1 and 2 are pretty standard stuff apart from the zooming in. Clip 3 is less decent, with some moments that feel floaty and awkward, bad zooms and shakycam (I don't even know how you get shakycam in an anime) and one bad editing moment where the characters each backflip to different ends of the screen at one moment, only for the very next shot to be of them already in close quarters combat without any transition. I fucking hate clip 4. Mindless flipping around and CGI ground, that god awful, overly bright and saturated lighting, it all is just so hard to look at. The final one is a decent explosion cut (barring how unreasonably bright it is.) Funny enough, No Game No Life has way more animation and detail, less CGI, and colors that blend with the overly bright lighting to make the show less eye-searing and more justified in-universe.

The CGI in Kabaneri was less awful than the foam ship, but then again, I can't comment on Sora Yori too much outside of episode 1. The ship being a static object makes the CGI even less excusable since it's not even really moving like that CGI monster in Kabaneri episode 6 (yea I looked back at AoT ads and clips, and the CGI is quite terrible at points, like with the CGI Colossal Titan). Kabaneri at least had beautifully detailed artwork tho since the art style was by Haruhiko Mikimoto, and the team managed to keep that surprisingly consistent while still having good fight animation and beautiful character designs. Can't comment about the quality of AoT overall since I don't remember much from S1 several years ago and I haven't seen anything past that.

oof, video is unavailable, but I'll take your word for it.

>"Mahouka is primarily people just sitting and standing with all the info-dumps and whatnot"
I can't comment on this statement, because I don't remember the show that well and I don't care enough to go and rewatch full episodes of it, so I'll leave it at that

I mean I just linked clips and videos of fightscenes that have plenty of movement, it seems that you have a lot of problems with them that don't concern me since by posting them I was only arguing against the "barely animated" part.

>"The art style is the same in the LN but that's my problem: I don't like this generic LN art style"

>"No Game No Life has way more animation and detail, less CGI, and colors that blend with the overly bright lighting to make the show less eye-searing and more justified in-universe."
I've seen a lot of people that hate NGNL's bright colors and pink outlines with passion, as I said, it's just personal taste, it's not something that you can call objectively shit like Hand Shaker.

Well first, what you're calling "foam ship" is an Icebreaker, and it's pretty accurate compared to what Icebreakers look in real life, they even modeled it exactly like a real japanese Icebreaker called Shirase. Second, I wasn't comparing Kabaneri to SoraYori, I was comparing the use of the CGI between the two, the former use CGI far more than the later, the point is, if a tremendous high profile anime use shortcuts like CGI train, then why would you expect a modest production like SoraYori not to use it for the ship? The funny thing is that the CGI of Kabaneri (and AoT) is outsourced to Madhouse, while the CGI of SoraYori is outsourced to a CGI specialist studio. And finally, SoraYori, while it had genuinely talented people working on it, it had a lot of production problems that showed on its art inconsistency which is a common thing between Madhouse shows nowadays reflecting the studio's current dreadful state.

1. Yea I wouldn’t recommend going back to that show. It’s not worth it.

2. Some of them definitely had more than others and even then, the ampunt of movement in the fights is standard at best, and that’s when the characters bother to move at all given how some of the fights don’t even require that. Admittedly my problems are more aesthetic in nature.

3. I mean, it’s still a problem I have with the show’s visuals, so regardless of if it’s primarily the fault of the LN author, it’s still a problem with the show’s visuals.

4. I mean, of course it’s subjective. I can actually tolerate NGNL’s aesthetic since the character designs and color palette fit the lighting, unlike in Mahouka. I do know a few people who still hate it, but still, I can defend it to some extent.

5. I mean, thanks for the info, but none of that changes or excuses how bad that ship’s model looks or how it still looks like foam. I know you weren’t comparing the two shows, but since you brought Kabaneri’s CGI up while ignoring the possibility that I think the show looks incredible in spite of it given my other problems with Sora Yori’s visuals which you ignored for thst argument (which you also applied to AoT but again, no comment), I had to say something there. So the artwork becomes inconsistent after episode 1. Well then.
Jul 1, 2019 5:16 AM

Sep 2008
Pakumen- said:
"No reason"

-Trash animation
-Horrible sound design
-Terrible pacing
-Really bad voice acting
-Bad art style
-Uninteresting story
-Dull characters with their "good moments" completely butchered.
-No real sense of movement, progress or even fluidity on the fights.

Like, are you kidding me. Guys I don't care if you are conformists with what you get, but trying to turn down the shitshow this season has been does not make it any enjoyable.

- debatable. But definitely not trash.
- disagree
-disagree completely, pacing is fine.
- voice acting is alright. Not that bad. Good in some parts. Okay in others.
- Art style is alright...much better than most anime people worship. Like SAO for instance. lolz
- I am liking the story so far. If you're a true OPM fan, you will like the story and direction
- I'm enjoying the characters as much as last season.
- Fight sequences are'nt the best in anime, I agree. But theya re far from being the worst.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jul 1, 2019 8:48 AM
Nov 2016
eyerok said:
- I am liking the story so far. If you're a true OPM fan, you will like the story and direction.

I'm a true OPM fan and I love the story of the 2nd season in the manga but I hate it in the anime because of all the mediocrity I had to put up with so far, the direction is also mediocre and all the best moments in the anime didn't leave any impact on me while in the manga I was hyped as hell. OPM S02 is mediocre.

So there you have it dude, not all OPM fans will like the mediocre season 2.
Jul 1, 2019 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
Fluxje said:

Haha, you nailed it. I feel the same.
By the way, people in 1800s (times you ironically mentioned earlier) already knew how to do proper editing of their novels, stories or even articles in newspapers.
Jul 2, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2015
eyerok said:

- debatable. But definitely not trash.
- disagree
-disagree completely, pacing is fine.
- voice acting is alright. Not that bad. Good in some parts. Okay in others.
- Art style is alright...much better than most anime people worship. Like SAO for instance. lolz
- I am liking the story so far. If you're a true OPM fan, you will like the story and direction
- I'm enjoying the characters as much as last season.
- Fight sequences are'nt the best in anime, I agree. But theya re far from being the worst.

-Trash is too much, let´s say C-tier animation.
-Go and rewatch the fight of Metal Bat, there is even CLANG sounds. Empty hits, earrape metal noises, a lot of bass boosted moves and 0 sense of believable action.
-This season feels all over the place. There were 3 main events occurring, 2 of them did not felt finished and the tournament was the most dull and anti climatic "tournament arc" I have seen in a while. There is episodes where nothing happens, and then the next one feels extremely rushed.
-The voice acting is completely mediocre and feels like a downgrade to the first season. Saitama is the most dull and uninteresting character and he is the main one. Funny how the only scenes with emotion are him vs king on the videogame.

-I do not enjoy the characters. Fubuki felt rushed, Tatsukami appeared in 3 scenes, Metal Bat had a very bad fight (same with Suiryu). I already mentioned Saitama and King. The only one with development was Garou, and to be honest I don´t "get" this character. I like him, but i just don´t feel why he is doing what he is doing and I think it is because I might miss something.
-The fights are very bad and you just need to see the comparisons from the manga (a simple shot). They have killed the fights, and yes, OPM lives for fights, don´t tell me there is some deep psychologic stuff going because Saitama is depressed because that is an excuse, not a reason. This is just a parody manga that people feel is some next level seinen.

And finally, I am not a true One Punch Man fan (If I was I would read the manga, but I don´t) I just watch the anime because I thought S1 was entertaining. However, If I was a true fan, I would complain even more, because this season feels like a fluke, if the manga dropped in quality or something else happened ( I know is not the case).
I find ok if you enjoy the season, it is your taste, but for me it was a huge downgrade and overall a waste of time. I don´t think I would watch and S3 unless someone like Madhouse or IG took the responsability.

Jul 2, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
they not hating it's just that if you gonna put Garou and One Punch Man on the opening, might as well put it in THIS season and not drag it to 3rd one...
Jul 2, 2019 2:29 PM
Jan 2014
I enjoyed season 2 a lot more than season 1. Yeah season 1 was amazing eye-candy, but season 2's humor was a lot better and it actually had quite a lot of plot and character development unlike season 1's "Saitama finished yet another monster in 1 punch, what a shocker".

Really loving King, Genos and Garo right now.
Jul 3, 2019 1:09 AM
Aug 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

2. Some of them definitely had more than others and even then, the ampunt of movement in the fights is standard at best, and that’s when the characters bother to move at all given how some of the fights don’t even require that. Admittedly my problems are more aesthetic in nature.

3. I mean, it’s still a problem I have with the show’s visuals, so regardless of if it’s primarily the fault of the LN author, it’s still a problem with the show’s visuals.

4. I mean, of course it’s subjective. I can actually tolerate NGNL’s aesthetic since the character designs and color palette fit the lighting, unlike in Mahouka. I do know a few people who still hate it, but still, I can defend it to some extent.

5. I mean, thanks for the info, but none of that changes or excuses how bad that ship’s model looks or how it still looks like foam. I know you weren’t comparing the two shows, but since you brought Kabaneri’s CGI up while ignoring the possibility that I think the show looks incredible in spite of it given my other problems with Sora Yori’s visuals which you ignored for thst argument (which you also applied to AoT but again, no comment), I had to say something there. So the artwork becomes inconsistent after episode 1. Well then.
>"Admittedly my problems are more aesthetic in nature"
Yeah, upon reading some of the reviews you wrote, I figured as much, namely the contrast between the animation score you gave to Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (5/10) and Happy Sugar Life (7/10)

3. The context you brought Mahouka in the discussion in the first place was to show the bad job Madhouse did in making it, my main goal here is to tell you what you should and what you shouldn't blame them for, I'm not here to defend the show itself because I don't care that much about it tbh.

5.Yeah as I said, you can dislike the ship's shape as much as you want, just don't blame the studio for it, I mean it's not like it was designed by their engineers or something.
Most people wouldn't be bothered by a CG static object, because it doesn't look out of place most of the time, of course they could've done more work to make it blend in better and unnoticeable, and you can criticize them for that, but don't make it a bigger duel than it actually is. Personally, I'm fine as long as they don't use CG on living organics, because those require fuckton of rigging just to look half decent, but most of the time they don't spend that much effort on it so we get shit like this. And lastly, I probably worded it wrong when I said "by that logic AoT and Kabaneri are also crap", My point was that you shouldn't make the CG more improtant than it is, because there are more important factors (which you already talked about) that could make the show good despite the huge use of CGI, Kabaneri and AoT were the best examples of that.

ClickBaitBusterJul 3, 2019 1:17 AM
Jul 3, 2019 2:15 AM

Apr 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

>"Admittedly my problems are more aesthetic in nature"
Yeah, upon reading some of the reviews you wrote, I figured as much, namely the contrast between the animation score you gave to Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (5/10) and Happy Sugar Life (7/10)

3. The context you brought Mahouka in the discussion in the first place was to show the bad job Madhouse did in making it, my main goal here is to tell you what you should and what you shouldn't blame them for, I'm not here to defend the show itself because I don't care that much about it tbh.

5.Yeah as I said, you can dislike the ship's shape as much as you want, just don't blame the studio for it, I mean it's not like it was designed by their engineers or something.
Most people wouldn't be bothered by a CG static object, because it doesn't look out of place most of the time, of course they could've done more work to make it blend in better and unnoticeable, and you can criticize them for that, but don't make it a bigger duel than it actually is. Personally, I'm fine as long as they don't use CG on living organics, because those require fuckton of rigging just to look half decent, but most of the time they don't spend that much effort on it so we get shit like this. And lastly, I probably worded it wrong when I said "by that logic AoT and Kabaneri are also crap", My point was that you shouldn't make the CG more improtant than it is, because there are more important factors (which you already talked about) that could make the show good despite the huge use of CGI, Kabaneri and AoT were the best examples of that.

3. Fair.

5. I definitely never blamed the ship’s shape, just how the CGI for it looks foamy. Ah, I see your point now. Yea the CGI, while it looks bad in some of those series, is thankfully minor so no matter what, it doesn’t play a huge role in my thoughts on the visuals. But yea, at least they don’t have CGI cars or god forbid people.
Jul 3, 2019 5:04 AM
Jan 2018
bet people don't really know what happened so they are pointing fingers at the only ones they can do it at
Jul 3, 2019 6:12 AM

Sep 2017
I understand that it is considered inferior to its prequel and it is that the animation in several points and episodes leaves something to be desired, but much hatred I do not understand it, in general it is a good season.
Jul 3, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2018
inb4 a mod locks this thread
Jul 3, 2019 10:23 AM
Feb 2016
BlackCracka said:
I feel like this season was destined to be hated the second people found out it wasn’t being animated by madhouse anymore. It’s true that the animation quality has definitely gone down big time compared to the first season but that still doesn't mean the animation is terrible. The animation is actually quite good compared to a lot of anime but it just no where meets the standards set by the first season.

Once you get past the animation though, this season is almost as good as the first one. The choice of exploring more about the philosophy of what it means to be a hero and how every hero plays a different part just adds so much to the overall story. I haven’t read the manga but even if it supposedly “was better in the manga” it still works well in the anime. The art may be a buzzkill but it doesn’t justify a hate bandwagon. The fact this season even happened in the first place is a miracle.

At the end of the day this season is not perfect and obviously has its issues like any show, but it just seems that a good amount of people are just blindly hating it. If you genuinely don’t like this season for reasons besides the animation, I would like to hear it. I just want to hear someone give a good reason to not like this season.

Nope. It's shit and ppl are right conplaining. I can live with bad animation, but bad pacing and direction is something that screws up any vídeo media format. I am fair on giving it a 4 thou.
Jul 3, 2019 10:24 AM
Feb 2016
GrimorumInvoke said:
I feel the same way. Honestly, I watched season 1 to season 2 continuously. One episode a day and I didn't think there was a noticeable difference in quality.

You're blind then
Jul 3, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2016
Haven't finished it, but it seems decent to me.

People are just being way too hyperbolic.
Jul 3, 2019 10:54 AM
Jan 2018
A lot of the people hating on season 2 are the same mindless action junkies that thought Attack on Titan got boring after season 1.
Jul 3, 2019 11:08 AM
Apr 2016
the last episode has good animations but the others were average and i hate new saitama's face :/

Also look at all the websites saying the animation is not good. It s not just some hater who say that the animation is not really good in the second season.

Now i know why the animation gets worse year after year in the anime industry, it seems that the people watching just can t tell the difference X)
Franck_NicolasJul 3, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 3, 2019 11:29 AM
May 2013
Really? As I didn’t but wondering for season 3 🤔
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 20, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
young_kappa said:
madhouse overworks their employees to the point of collapsing from exhaustion and attempting suicide, do not support them

So was J.C Staff, but for some reason people keep praising J.C even though it's as bad as Madhouse.
just dont support the industry in general nigga.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.