Forum Settings
Forums

There is any Anime that ever made you angry?

New
May 26, 2019 12:00 PM

May 2018
Like a Anime with an asshole MC that is cringy and does everything wrong?
[/center]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2019 12:04 PM

Sep 2018
Yukiteru ruined Mirai Nikki for me. He just cried constantly it truly made me furious

Plus every romance that blue balls you at the end.

MangaZedMay 26, 2019 12:09 PM
May 26, 2019 12:06 PM
May 2019
Yes, there is. Shiki
A horror anime, it made me cry and angry at the same ti

SPOILERS STOP READING!

There’s the main charector (she’s a bad guy, she’s a vampire)
They start sucking peoples blood, and the village (that they kill from)
Go out at night and start to kill them, and the main character, she hated the village
And just wanted to go to a city to live a perfect life, but guess what they did, THEY STILL KILLED HER WHEN SHE WAS PLEADING FOR MERCY, SHE KEPT SAYING, IM SORRY IM SORRY, I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN A CITY. AND THEY RAN HER HEAD OVER WITH A FUCKING TRUCK.
May 26, 2019 12:07 PM
Aug 2018
MC from Domestic Kanojo was so incredibly retarded and made dumb decisions. I think he was probably way better in the manga, but in the anime he made me cringe so hard. Generally speaking I actually prefer asshole MC's with a backbone though, simply because they're usually more interesting and less generic (like Kazuma from KonoSuba).
May 26, 2019 12:10 PM

Sep 2018
Crackersauce said:
MC from Domestic Kanojo was so incredibly retarded and made dumb decisions. I think he was probably way better in the manga, but in the anime he made me cringe so hard. Generally speaking I actually prefer asshole MC's with a backbone though, simply because they're usually more interesting and less generic (like Kazuma from KonoSuba).

Kazuma yearns for TRUE Equality he isn't an asshole :)
May 26, 2019 12:11 PM

May 2018
Imreallybored1 said:
Yes, there is. Shiki

SPOILERS STOP READING!

Go out at night and start to kill them, and the main character, she hated the village
And just wanted to go to a city to live a perfect life, but guess what they did, THEY STILL KILLED HER WHEN SHE WAS PLEADING FOR MERCY, SHE KEPT SAYING, IM SORRY IM SORRY, I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN A CITY. AND THEY RAN HER HEAD OVER WITH A FUCKING TRUCK.
Just use [.spoiler]text here[./spoiler] (remove the dots to use*)

EX:
BaffometiMay 26, 2019 12:15 PM
[/center]
May 26, 2019 12:12 PM

Jun 2017
ehhh, well, Kuroko no Basuke...kinda frustrated/annoyed me every time Kagami defeated a member of the Generation of Miracles, mainly because I really dislike him and any of the 5 members are far more interesting characters than he is.

May 26, 2019 12:17 PM
Aug 2018
MangaZed said:
Crackersauce said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

Another man of culture I see
May 26, 2019 12:18 PM
Sep 2017
Plenty. This is my criteria for rating something 1/10. Like Planetes, which gives an impression of being written by a 6 y.o. in general, but morally is so far up its ass it argued that Literally al-Qaeda is somehow justified. Or Golden Kamuy, where every single thing said or done in the first ten minutes was blood-boilingly retarded.
May 26, 2019 12:20 PM
Oct 2018
Mainly characters ruin certain animes for me but an anime that i hated it all together would be probably be, "Domestic Girlfriend" lmao i just hated the mc-kun and his shitty decisions and it was so cringe it was so annoying
May 26, 2019 12:23 PM
May 2019
Aku no Hana. God I never felt so angry watching an anime that I declared it as one of the worst anime of all time when I don't understand the actual goal of the anime.
May 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2018
Imreallybored1 said:
Yes, there is. Shiki

SPOILERS STOP READING!

lol that pink haired bitch's death was hilarious
May 26, 2019 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe at some parts, but as I like to say, if I can't really recall them, then they couldn't have been that bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 26, 2019 12:33 PM

Jan 2016
Your lie in April fits the description. The whole cast was cringy.
May 26, 2019 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
No Game No Life is the only anime that annoyed me for the whole runtime because it felt like an alt-right incel's self-insert fantasy.
May 26, 2019 12:51 PM

Sep 2018
Crackersauce said:
MangaZed said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

Another man of culture I see

But yess ofcourse

I'm dead here is a laughing Aqua.
May 26, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2017
First anime that comes to mind is school days. Domestic girlfriend also made me angry.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

May 26, 2019 12:57 PM

May 2009
DavidAlejandro said:
There is any Anime that ever made you angry?
Hahahahaha yes...

DavidAlejandro said:
Like a Anime with an asshole MC that is cringy and does everything wrong?
...but not this kind.

Probably the two most prominent examples in my experience are End of Evangelion and Madoka Magica. In both cases I have very, very strong disagreements with the direction the plot went and how the story was resolved.

Aside from these, I guess there are those instances where I nope out of watching something because I get fed up with the premise being too contrived, or there being too much fanservice, or whatever. Basically, something's just not my cup of tea, and continuing to watch it would just annoy me more, by my guess (and I'm not obligated to watch it anyway), so I just end up putting it down.

Doesn't usually make me as angry though because I'm just leaving. Imagine if you don't like Italian food, and you walk into a restaurant, and find out it serves Italian food, then you just nope out of it. Pretty simple and not worth getting angry over.

The ones more "worth" getting angry over are the ones where I have a serious investment in the story and the story just ends up betraying itself in some way.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 26, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Attack on Titan to an extent when certain characters are on the verge of death several times but somehow survive. I they'll most likely have great significance in the future, but it's still annoying af
May 26, 2019 1:23 PM

Jul 2016
Several times.

Fukigen na Mononokaen: Basically the cringey MC you describe that annoyed me to no end. The MC is such a wuss he almost gets his hand chopped off because he can't defuse a simple misunderstanding. This is supposed to be a comedy anime.

Kokoro Connect: Got angry at the characters for being way too whiney and stupid. Didn't care much about them latter on. I really had high expectations for it but it let me down so much.

Madoka Magica Rebellion: The first 2/3rds of the film were perfectly fine but then they ruined everything with the final 1/3rd. I was absolutely livid in the end since I love the original series and it shouldn't have gotten this treatment. I laugh at Rebellion apologist for trying to defend that mess.

Boku dake ga Inai machi: Got so annoyed at the MC in the first episode since he basically had to be stupid or else there wouldn't be a story. Similar thoughts throughout its story.
May 26, 2019 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
Well yesterday me and some friends decided to try episode 1 of Kaguya-sama and we were all instantly annoyed with the main characters. Not sure if I'd say it made me angry though. Ok, maybe it did a little..
May 26, 2019 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Your Lie in April. Guilt tripping and abuse is cool if it comes from cute girls and abusive mother was in the right all along. Sure.

Masamune kun No Revenge- I disliked all of the personalities and it ran in circles if you could even consider it running at all. I couldn't find any discernible statement it was trying to make so it felt mean spirited for shits and giggles. Not a fan in the least.

May 26, 2019 1:40 PM

Jul 2016
Sure, too many to name, but most of them I don't finish. I'm not really into torturing myself. Though, there are time when I'll finish an anime I really don't like for some reason, like the one I'm watching right now, this historical romance from 1979 called Rose of Versailles. I hate most of the characters and the show's a slog to get through, but I want to finish just to say I've seen it, and then get to complain about it on forums
May 26, 2019 2:53 PM

Sep 2018
Psycho Pass 2, that stupid tsundere bitch, can't even remember her name right now.
May 26, 2019 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
I dont really get angry over anime. I dont have such a strong emotional connection. It irritates me however that so few people recognise the bad plot devise called Rosenritter in LoGH. It ruined an otherwise amazing anime for me.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 26, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2019
There's a lot but I still can't deny that Phantom is my number one list. That big plot twist at the end is just unacceptable
May 26, 2019 3:02 PM

Dec 2012
Diabolik Lovers. Stockholm Syndrome is not masochism.
May 26, 2019 5:46 PM

Jun 2017
Naruto is one of the best examples of how trashy it is
May 26, 2019 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
Magical Girl Site made me SO angry that I wrote rage notes all over my sketchbook while I was watching it.

Kannazuki No Miko and Kanokon also made me fly into rage because

Bayek said:
Diabolik Lovers. Stockholm Syndrome is not masochism.

Agreed. Kill it with fire. :D

May 26, 2019 5:52 PM

Jul 2016
FLCL because of how annoying the characters were.
May 26, 2019 5:53 PM

Feb 2019
The only one who has annoyed me to the point of almost giving up the entire show is Arita from Accel World.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 26, 2019 6:20 PM

May 2019
Diabolik Lovers because it made me realize that there are women who think that being a piece of shit with your love interest is romantic as long as the guy being an asshole is hot. I mean, tsunderes are a thing, but these guys where actually torturing the MC. And no, she wasn't ok with it.

Also the series is pretty bad. Now I'm angry x2 because I realized it has a 2nd Season.

May 26, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2008
Medialuna said:
Diabolik Lovers because it made me realize that there are women who think that being a piece of shit with your love interest is romantic as long as the guy being an asshole is hot. I mean, tsunderes are a thing, but these guys where actually torturing the MC. And no, she wasn't ok with it.

I think it's because it was based on a "dating" game for girls who want guys to *cough* "dominate" them. To put it nicely.

Now I'm angry x2 because I realized it has a 2nd Season.

ALL of us are angry about this. xD

May 26, 2019 6:35 PM
Dec 2013
Even though I like the show, Great Teacher Onizuka had episodes that really pissed me off.
wildhoodMay 28, 2019 3:25 AM
May 26, 2019 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
White Album 2 made me really angry...
May 26, 2019 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
There are anime that make me angry, yes, but I don't actually get angry at the show. My ire usually goes towards the creators of said abortion or myself for not dropping it sooner or making a bad purchase. See anything I rated a 4 or below.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 26, 2019 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
the latest episode of attack on titan got me angry... I can't believe they did that to one of the main characters..

Also the shield hero anime is great to get you angry cause the heros are annoying and dumb as fuck.
CloudeMay 26, 2019 8:41 PM
May 26, 2019 8:27 PM

Mar 2015
Too many to count. Usually they end up being the good shows though, the ones that infuriate you.
woah there
May 26, 2019 8:31 PM

Feb 2019
The only moment I can think that pissed me off was episode 9 of Noragami Aragoto, and I think it was supposed to be in that way to draw out some emotion from the audience.
May 26, 2019 8:47 PM

Nov 2013
Re:Zero ticked me off at some point midway. MC went from amusing moron to annoying pos pretty fast.
May 26, 2019 9:37 PM

Oct 2017
Ballroom e Youkoso pissed me off when Chinatsu was made a main character.
May 26, 2019 9:42 PM
Mar 2018
This anime , I cant describe how much overrated this anime is. After watching this I learnt my lesson to not trust MAL ratings completely and shows with a rating <8 can be better than >8

May 26, 2019 10:11 PM

Oct 2009
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion

It's the only distinctive honor to receive a score of FUCKING ONE!!!! on my ratings.

If you really look at my ratings, I rate things very highly even if they seem a bit okay. You still see me giving shows 7 or 8 but End of Evangelion has gotten so under my skin that I have to blast a ONE on it.

You see, I was totally fine with the series and how it ended. I gave the series an 8 compared to the movie which is 1. So, why is that?

It all came down to the fucker Shinji. He started somewhat being kinda redeemable in the series and grew some pair halfway through and had his badass moments but then the movie happened which once again, he reduced to WIMP AGAIN and now, he is worse.

(SPOILERS)

He caused the death of my favorite character in the series, Misato. She took a bullet for this motherfucker and he still curled up in a ball and crying like a bitch. That pissed me to no end. In the end of this whole mess, he brought end to the world. Yeah... thanks for that, Shinji. You managed to end the world and caused the extinction of the human race. Top notch, hero!!!
May 26, 2019 10:13 PM

May 2017
Game of Thrones made me angry..........
May 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
Grancrest Senki. The bitch deserved to suffer not get an happy end.
May 27, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
@simonitro: She was my favorite too so that scene made me very angry and sad.

The whole movie makes you angry and sad...which was what Hideaki Anno wanted to do. He's a troll. xD

May 27, 2019 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
AstralBread said:
Plenty. This is my criteria for rating something 1/10. Like Planetes, which gives an impression of being written by a 6 y.o. in general, but morally is so far up its ass it argued that Literally al-Qaeda is somehow justified. Or Golden Kamuy, where every single thing said or done in the first ten minutes was blood-boilingly retarded.
I was gonna say Planetes too. But mostly because of Hachimaki. That guy is such a selfish asshole, I can't stand him. He's horrible to everyone around him and that's somehow justified because he's "passionate".
May 27, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
The most recent thing that made me angry was Hajimete no Gal, I was angry because I was kinda hyped for it. I enjoy Gals design wise and seeing a romance anime involving one looked nice, but they hit the same ecchi beats in the first episode and I just couldn't finish that episode.

So more disappointed than angry. but I did rant for a good bit after watching that
May 27, 2019 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
operationvalkyri said:
AstralBread said:
I was gonna say Planetes too. But mostly because of Hachimaki. That guy is such a selfish asshole, I can't stand him. He's horrible to everyone around him and that's somehow justified because he's "passionate".

Planetes got great reception so I watched the first episode and it was really off-putting so I put it on hold. I mean, this is a really realistic setting but the characters all behave ridiculously immature. It just kept me pulling out of it. I can't reconcile how the setting and subject matter can ever meld well with this cast.
May 27, 2019 6:18 PM

Jun 2009
Aldnoah zero. The entirety of the anime made me both angry and sad. The finale was the final trigger tbh.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

138 by Horshu »»
5 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

50 by Horshu »»
59 seconds ago

» Why Are Anime Males sooo.... Scared? ( 1 2 )

Tay098 - Feb 12, 2020

56 by Horshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 4 minutes ago

0 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

35 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.