Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2019 7:06 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time we got a Sakura Kingdom or Drum flashback Yay

I honestly would've prefered more additional scenes of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet over the flashback material or even better, a whole filler arc with them, but I guess that would've taken too much effort.

Poor Doffy, he's so alone and can't even scratch himself:(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2019 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
A few minutes of new content with almost nothing. Next episode will carry another flashback pack, so I think that we need to be patient. I bet for 3-5 episodes more...
Still it's worth of waiting, I hope.
May 18, 2019 8:39 PM

Oct 2015
Wapol is still an asshole as ever, but I like him. Great to see Dalton, but more great to see Dr Kureha who still looks looks young as ever. Drum island arc was the most emotional arc in OP for me, Don't wave that flag little reindeer, because I will... waaaaah!

Woow! Luffy sure has many followers, I'm really proud of my captain. Wonder who the dude with the cape at the end with the giant straw hat?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 18, 2019 8:51 PM

Jul 2007
The darker mysteries behind the world government, finally start to surface.

May 18, 2019 10:40 PM

Jul 2016
link9us said:

A giant straw Hat? So confusing.

Next week if we are having flashbacks we better at least get some rob lucci ones.
May 18, 2019 10:42 PM

Jul 2007
Vindicater said:
link9us said:

A giant straw Hat? So confusing.

Next week if we are having flashbacks we better at least get some rob lucci ones.

I think next episode will finally be the last of the flashbacks. I can't possibly see where there would be a need for more, because the next chapter actually starts the Reverie but i could be wrong, im sure TOIE will find a way in the next 4 episodes or so. How ever this episode in paticular had something long awaited we manga fans have been waiting for and that is the cover stories of the straw hats grand fleet. There is still much more material left to adapt and i hope TOIE some how throws it in their before the wano arc.

May 18, 2019 10:47 PM
Jan 2019
Ray! I could not help spilling some tears remembering the arch of Drum Island. I remember that I cried with the story of Chopper and Dr. Hiruluk. It is one of the most moving stories of all One Piece. "In this world there is no incurable disease."
It was great to see Dr. Kureha (I can not believe she's 141 years old and it's still the same LOL) and Dalton (I had forgotten that she is a possessor of a Zoan type fruit).
So far I can not believe that Wapol's idiot is Rey again, although I laughed when he said "Yes, I was sent to fly by Straw Hat Luffy to a very distant sea, but I came back!" .

I thought it was too cool when Sai told Leo "Oh, brother!" 😁 "We are the 7 representatives of the Straw Hat Fleet with more than 5600 members, we must be ready for any moment, we must become stronger". And they are already preparing. Sai and Columbus, for example, are leaving the positions they occupy in their realms to commit themselves to the background with the Straw Hats; and Bartolomeo, is forcing people to become followers of Straw Hats, LOL 😂 (I just hope that does not give them a bad reputation xD).
It seemed to me a very funny fact to know that Cavendish was a prince of the Bourgeois Kingdom and that he was expelled for being too popular with the girls. Threatened the "birth" of the kingdom, hahaha.

I did not expect to see Mingo in this episode. Will he be hallucinating or did they really send assassins to silence him (most likely they are members of the Cipher Pol)? Will the day come when we will see Doflamingo without glasses? I think he is the only prisoner in level 6, the others escaped 2 years ago xD. I hope that before dying I reveal the secrets of Mariejois, even if it is something small.
"Power does not last long, it rots faster than you think."

I really thought that the title of the episode "In the darkness of the Holy Land, a mysterious giant Straw Hat" meant that Hajdurin (the giant) was infiltrated in that place, I did not think they were referring literally to a Hat of Straw Giant! 😅 I wonder who that mysterious person was and to whom the giant straw hat belonged. This smells like a tasty story about Gol D. Roger.

Regarding the progress of the next episode ..... DEMONS! I knew that stupid fat bastard Tenryubito would be a great annoyance to Shirahoshi! I pray that Sabo will stop him and punch him in the face as Luffy did in the Sabaody Archipelago.
May 18, 2019 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Emronnn said:
A few minutes of new content with almost nothing. Next episode will carry another flashback pack, so I think that we need to be patient. I bet for 3-5 episodes more...
Still it's worth of waiting, I hope.

It is confirmed that reverie will continue till episode 888. 3 more episodes to go. Also there are 2 more chapters worth of manga content left for Reverie. So I think that flashbacks will reduce considerably. After that we'll get Stampede movie filler arc.
May 18, 2019 11:07 PM
Jan 2019
love to see Luffy followers started to move

can't wait for whole episode, the present becoming shorter and shorter looks like 1/4 of the anime, they finally give a scene to Luffy but it so short it make me sad
May 18, 2019 11:16 PM

Mar 2012
I was shocked at the end.
Story of the mugiwara hat may go beyond Gold Roger.
I am hyped to see the fact behind it.
May 19, 2019 12:35 AM

Jul 2007
just pretend the flashbacks are not a part of the story's canon and i think you can honestly call this one of the best info dump arcs in the story of one piece. Also the very end of this episode hinted towards a long deep undisclosed mystery that has been dormant in the story for so long and is about to be unmasked.

May 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Dec 2014
really enjoying these flashbacks.... what was that strawhat in impel down
May 19, 2019 3:33 AM

Nov 2012
This episode went by exactly as I expected, lol Kureha's voice sounds the same as Goku.
May 19, 2019 3:35 AM

Oct 2015
ibraheem234 said:

That is NOT Impel Down. That was happening in Marieois. Also... We'll learn it someday, I guess.

--

I don't mind the flashbacks at this point. I forgot how the Drum-kingdom arc went down exactly, so it was nice to see it.

Also I've been looking forward to see that giant strawhat, and "the mysterious person".
We couldn't see much in the manga at the strawhat scene. Even in the anime there's some fog. The room itself seemed like some large machineroom, and the strawhat seemed to be there for a long while now. Interesting.

There are some more things I'm curious how they do in the anime.
May 19, 2019 3:45 AM

Jul 2007
Its probably not going to be long before the straw hat mystery is revealed, ODA has said that the story will be returning to the reverie and a large incident will take place and this is most likely going to happen during an intermission of the wano arc.

May 19, 2019 3:56 AM

May 2018
Another poor episode this time it was chopper sob story... Oh well we will have to endure a little bit longer. I believe next month Wano arc begins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2019 4:07 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf is Wapol doing there lool.
And wow, a giant straw hat!
May 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Apr 2013
Two minutes of actually interesting content, the rest was Luffy circlejerking and flashbacks. At least next episode looks interesting, wonder how strong Lucci got.
May 19, 2019 6:17 AM
Apr 2016
Wapol still as gay as ever... Well, more Luffy praising, more flashbacks, oh well. Surprised that the old hag is still alive, though I can't even imagine her dying. Well, Doffy chained up like that, not surprised, he looks cool though, chained up like that. Interesting, we got to see Boogiepop at the end, hahaha...though, what the hell was that giant Strawhat?!
May 19, 2019 6:25 AM

Jul 2011
Wapol... you never learn to be little more human? Maybe he needs another ride through skies?

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 19, 2019 6:44 AM

Jun 2015
What is this bull crap
May 19, 2019 6:47 AM

Feb 2010
I'm taking bets on what arc they'll recap in next episode, judging from the preview it'll either be, Fishman Island, Water 7/Ennies Lobby or Saboady(maybe even a combination of all three).
May 19, 2019 7:41 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
I'm more excited about next episode, again that Celestial Dragon and Luci.
May 19, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2008
More flashbacks and....that straw hat.
May 19, 2019 1:34 PM

Jul 2007
Its funny how the fanbase just wants to hurry to wano and think of this arc as torture. Where as the manga fanbase never wanted reverie to end lol and felt it was very short lived.

Its a shame that the anime community has a negative perception of one of the best mini arcs in the series.

May 19, 2019 1:35 PM

Oct 2017
damn why the heck so many flashbacks. Aside that it was a sweet episode. I liked how everyone was talking about Luffy :3
May 19, 2019 4:22 PM

Nov 2014
Ahh the Drum Island arc flashback. back when One piece was actuacly really good the feelz
May 19, 2019 5:07 PM

May 2015
I actually like this format of flashbacks + some new content. It's been so long since those events have happened I need a refresh. I feel bad for the people who started One Piece this year or not long ago, it must be tedious for them.
May 19, 2019 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
I think everyone knew we would get flashbacks again. So this time it was about Drum Island and how it became Sakura Island with Dalton as king.

I don't know why but it's funny to see doctor Kureha and hearing Son Goku :D

To be honest I was lost about the ending. This giant straw hat + the person (if it was a person) made not really sense to me.

Next episode should be more action packed. Poor Shirahoshi. But at least we see some familiar faces again which should be interesting.

May 19, 2019 9:27 PM

Jul 2007
For those of you wondering why the reverie arc in the anime is shit, well this is why.

https://twitter.com/AshitanoGin/status/1129319340099231751

They are seriously gearing up for a major quality change in the series moving forward, even so much as to appoint a new director for the anime. Alot of time and management is involved with this directorial change so if we have to endure a little bit of filler for a small arc, so wano becomes that much better. I have no problems with that what so ever.

May 19, 2019 11:57 PM
Feb 2019
I recogn the Straw Hat at the end has been carried down the line of the people who have had a straw hat. So originally it was Gol d roger, then shanks and now luffy.
May 20, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2014
All these flashbacks in HQ makes one want to re-watch the whole series. It had a lot of nostalgic moments. It would be funny if Shirahoshi had asked Zoro if Wapol was a friend of Luffy. He would have answered it with a scary face, just like how he did with Hacchi when Camie asked Zoro. Hahah, that would be hilarious.

True, flashbacks can be annoying, but on the other side it gives you nostalgic moments in HQ which is great. I liked the ep. What made me really curious is the straw-hat at the end. Is that Roger's hat cause that would be awesome to find out. Also nice to see that Luffy's follower is beginning to conquer different Island which was under Doflamingo. I can envision a huge battle in the future. Of the countries in Reverie, he may have at least 7-8 alliance which is with him. He will make a great impact on the OP world just like Roger. I can't wait to see that. :D
May 20, 2019 8:07 AM

May 2014
Slim_Lamie said:
ibraheem234 said:

That is NOT Impel Down. That was happening in Marieois. Also... We'll learn it someday, I guess.

--

I don't mind the flashbacks at this point. I forgot how the Drum-kingdom arc went down exactly, so it was nice to see it.

Also I've been looking forward to see that giant strawhat, and "the mysterious person".
We couldn't see much in the manga at the strawhat scene. Even in the anime there's some fog. The room itself seemed like some large machineroom, and the strawhat seemed to be there for a long while now. Interesting.

There are some more things I'm curious how they do in the anime.

Rumors goes on the net that this is Joyboy's hat. If you don't know who that is, search for him. :) From what I have read on the net, anything more haven't been revealed in the manga either.
May 20, 2019 2:25 PM

Nov 2018
fillers arc would be better.
May 21, 2019 8:21 PM

Feb 2015
Sai, Wapol, Dalton and Kureha arrived to the levely and talked with Vivi, Rebecca, Shirahoshi and Leo about when the Straw Hat Pirates arrived to Drum Kingdom (now Sakura Kingdom), defeated Wapol and Chopper joined them. The Straw Hat Grand Fleet moved. In Impel Down, Doflamingo talked about Mary Geoise’s secrets and someone found a giant straw hat.

The episode was ok, it turned a little bit emotional with Chopper’s scenes and Doflamingo had screen time. I don’t remember that giant hat.
Atlas77Aug 13, 2019 9:28 PM
May 24, 2019 7:11 PM
May 2019
to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if golden D Roger turns out to be an ex celestial dragon hence the big hat
May 26, 2019 11:00 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:

Poor Doffy, he's so alone and can't even scratch himself:(

Didn't I would miss Doffy this much, every time he is on screen it gotta be a good one.
Jun 2, 2019 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
Really wanna know the secret Doflamingo knows!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
That giant frozen Straw Hat was a massive wtf moment.
Jun 20, 2019 3:37 AM

Mar 2016
Everyone respecting and loving Luffy and spreading his influence along with them preparing themselves to truly be the Strawhats' subordinates had me really hyped up to see Luffy being the Yonko!

And about the giant straw hat hid in Mariejois... Welp... Explanation/revelation for that probably will come after a few hundred chapters/eps
Jul 5, 2019 5:40 AM
Jun 2015
The Giant Straw Hat and the secret that Doflamingo is keeping about Mariejois has got my interest now.
Jul 9, 2019 3:49 AM

Jul 2013
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm grateful for all these flashbacks. The Strawhats have really come a long way.
Jan 24, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Although the drum kingdom arc isn't that noteworthy when it comes to other more essential One Piece arcs, the Chopper backstory did leave me emotional when I first watched it. That said, I didn't mind this recap at all. And now it is time to add Dalton to the princess harem.

It was nice seeing familiar characters. Specifically, Luffy's grand fleet members and Doflamingo's ever so colorful personality. Glad to see his impenetrable glasses still intact.

The giant straw hat locked away deep within Marie Jois is the treasure that Doflamingo hinted at minutes before the reveal? Let's see, according to him this giant straw hat is brimming with power but it is rotting away. Ok, this is highly interesting yet confusing. And who is this mysterious figure holding Luffy's wanted poster? I can see the connection between Luffy and this mysterious giant hat. Is this secret related to the will of D? So many questions. No wonder One Piece sparked a lot of theories around its lore.

removed-userJan 24, 2020 12:05 PM
Mar 28, 2020 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
G_Spark233 said:
That giant frozen Straw Hat was a massive wtf moment.

Pretty much, I have no idea what it means or what significance it has.
Sep 18, 2020 8:09 AM

Mar 2020
I wonder what the Giant Straw Hat means... damn
Mar 14, 2021 10:26 PM

Jan 2010
These flashbacks really put into context how many kingdoms and royalties the Straw Hats keep saving. It seems a lot of One Piece can be boiled down to running back and forth between waypoints/goals, beating up hoards of enemies, and saving people while yelling a lot. A while back, I watched a few Pirate Warriors gameplay videos, which got me into restarting One Piece. I can see how the series could be adapted into a ____ Warriors game, it remarkably resembles their gameplay style.
Aug 22, 2021 9:20 PM

Sep 2015
The translated subtitles for Crunchyroll for Carrots dialogue said "I cutted my finger" but it didn't show the finger being injured, it was her palm lol. And I like how Bartolomeo crew members are wearing Luffys head on their shirt patch/badges on their clothings xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 26, 2021 4:16 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy's friends meeting with each other. Goes to show how much he has impacted other's lives.
Jan 3, 2022 5:58 PM

May 2016
It's one thing to see how everyone affiliated with the Straw Hats talk about their current exploits but it's all the more satisfying to see them share their experiences with each other. I'm looking forward to seeing the Straw Hat Fleet having a more prominent role in the upcoming arcs

Doflamingo just chilling at the bottom of Impel Down's pretty funny to me. I wonder what that giant Straw Hat statue's all about.

Feb 16, 2022 10:32 PM

May 2017
Man all those flashbacks really got me emotional. Damn... Been watching OP for more than half of my life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.