Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 13, 2019 3:15 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't watch new Kabaneri movie but judging from trailers it has better visuals than Shingeki no Kyojin.

It's sad that Wit studio prioritised continuation of medicore series which had only two redeeming qualities - Mumei's armpits and opening song.

Shingeki no Kyojin deserved better. Collosal Titan doesn't look good at all but I also have a feeling that animation as a whole was better in previous seasons.

Maybe I was too hyped for this arc but Im kind of disappointed.

Still, episode felt like 5 minutes so It was very entertaining.
May 13, 2019 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
Andrzej2 said:
I didn't watch new Kabaneri movie but judging from trailers it has better visuals than Shingeki no Kyojin.

Kabaneri movie is like 3 episodes of TV anime though so they can give a lot of time for the animators to make things awesome with that kind of short anime compared to even a 13 episodes TV anime
May 13, 2019 3:39 AM

Jan 2013
Not gonna lie this kinda boring...

the CGI Titan looks fucking bad and ugly, so out of place.

How luckier can Reiner get? His plot armor be bigger than Eren's
May 13, 2019 4:15 AM

Dec 2016
What a nice episode :)! Can't wait to see what they'll do next!
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 13, 2019 4:48 AM

Aug 2013
LOL another titan that could talk. I can't wait for the next episode xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2019 4:51 AM
Mar 2019
waiting 1 week for each episode its kill me damn
May 13, 2019 4:53 AM
May 2018
By far the best episode of this series in my opinion. I never really liked AoT, but I absolutely love this arc and how the anime adapts it!
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
May 13, 2019 4:58 AM
Jan 2018
Andrzej2 said:

It's sad that Wit studio prioritised continuation of medicore series which had only two redeeming qualities - Mumei's armpits and opening song.

Shingeki no Kyojin deserved better. Collosal Titan doesn't look good at all but I also have a feeling that animation as a whole was better in previous seasons.

A movie tends to be better then a TV series overall.
May 13, 2019 5:22 AM

Jul 2016
So is Hange dead...

That seemed pretty poor...
May 13, 2019 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Andrzej2 said:

Animation in this season has by far been top notch. The only thing that cant be called good is that CGI colossal which still looked pretty fucking sick in half the shots.
May 13, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
Klad said:

You meddle with the 0.5% who find this boring.
May 13, 2019 5:56 AM
Apr 2019
Klad said:

So warriors moments are kinda boring? u want titan action 24/7?
May 13, 2019 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
I was taken to a throwback of how Marco died omg ( T T )
Colossal Titan in CG had good and bad shots.

I'm just looking forward to the next episode omg ; ;
May 13, 2019 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
I feel like there should be two separate discussion threads at this point: one for manga readers and another for anime-onlys. I got spoiled a heck of a lot of times in this thread alone and that's not OK. And yes I count "you think this is bad, wait till the next episode" as a spoiler also because it is. Why would you guys ruin this for the rest of us?
May 13, 2019 6:36 AM
Jan 2018
operationvalkyri said:
I feel like there should be two separate discussion threads at this point: one for manga readers and another for anime-onlys. I got spoiled a heck of a lot of times in this thread alone and that's not OK. And yes I count "you think this is bad, wait till the next episode" as a spoiler also because it is. Why would you guys ruin this for the rest of us?

I mostly agree but that wouldnt do much there'd always some douchebag who will go into that forum and spoil it anyway .

Before anyone can even remove the spoiler the harm will have been done anyway
May 13, 2019 7:25 AM

Dec 2017
WolfDFireBreidi said:
THIS IS BURNING! (Literally)
1.In the end it was revealed exactly how Marco's death was at the hands of Reiner, Berthold and Annie.
1.1 Demonic race, disgusting race? Was there any meaning in those words of Reiner?
1.2Annie really loved her classmates, her tears showed it ... it was that or that she hated having such a heavy load.
1.3 Reiner lost his sanity from that moment, unless he was already crazy long before.
2. So "Zeke" is the name of the Titan Beast. What do you mean by "cursed history"?
3. Seeing Sasha and Conie crying for Reiner gave me some grief, although in the end the damned uses his strange ability of "Transfer of consciousness to the nervous system" and is still alive. What's up?
4.Berthold really changed, he is no longer the coward and doubtful that I saw in the previous seasons, but he fights without a concrete reason, he just follows orders.
If the humans did not do anything, then why do they fight? "I consider them companions and that is why I will kill them" ... WTF ?!
5. Mikasa's scene appearing on Berthold's back will be my new cover image. That girl is great.
6. I acknowledge Armin's efforts to do everything possible to reduce deaths, but it's too late for them.
7. I hope the crazy Hanje is still alive. This anime would not be the same without her.
8.R.I.P.Marco.

Well, very good episode. Until next week.
No need to rush. :)
There must be a reason why so many manga readers taking part in this forum, including me, waiting and enjoying the anime enthusiastically.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 2019 7:25 AM

Apr 2019
Reiaika said:
I was taken to a throwback of how Marco died omg ( T T )
Colossal Titan in CG had good and bad shots.

I'm just looking forward to the next episode omg ; ;

this so much the Colossal Titan looked amazing in some shots there were really only 2 frames where it looked bad people are really overreacting to it

operationvalkyri said:

lol that is NOT a spoiler
a spoiler is something that reveals a previously unknown aspect of something, which it does not
no one cares if u count it as a spoiler, its a simple fact that it is not thats like saying the earth is flat, too bad for you lol

deg said:
Andrzej2 said:

Kabaneri movie is like 3 episodes of TV anime though so they can give a lot of time for the animators to make things awesome with that kind of short anime compared to even a 13 episodes TV anime

still those 60 minutes took more resources than 60 minutes of AOT
instead they could have done a shit Kabaneri Movie because no one cares about Kabaneri and just redistribute the resources to AOT
You son of a .. turtle

May 13, 2019 7:30 AM

Dec 2017
Raizel said:
I was on the verge of tears when Marco said we didn't even talked this through poor guy he died without saying anything.

I can't believe their goal is to kill all humans inside the walls, Poor Armin has to take order in a situation like that.

Someone must really have had a thing or two for Mikasa.
OMG, yeah! Mikasa's thiccness on full display! I'll never get enough of this... ♡
Thanks for pointing this out, I wouldn't have noticed this important detail. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

May 13, 2019 7:42 AM

Dec 2017
zeroj said:
I can't even recognize Bertholt anymore. Almost defeating Mikasa in a 1v1, forgetting about Annie for some minutes, confronting Armin and beating the frick off Hange squad.

I guess that's it for Hange's bodyguard, right? I really liked that dude. Can't wait for next week.
Meta_Yoshi said:
Bertholt's moves really swung the tide of the fight in favour of the titans. The negotiations with Armin fell apart quickly and he actually held his own against Mikasa briefly before quickly moving on and transforming, catching Hange's squad in the transformation blast. I really hope her squad is okay. D=

No surprise that the anti-3D CGI brigade have made their complaints known, AGAIN, about the Colossal Titan being in 3D, but I'm not really bothered by it anymore. Sure, some of his movements felt a bit too stiff while other scenes were actually alright, but it's not as bad as others say about it.

I doubt things are going to get any better for Erwin's squad at this rate, and the preview only makes it sound like they're going to suffer more as well. I'm still pumped up for the next episode either way, though. =)
I was surprised too at first. But then we are shown that Mikasa hasn't fully recovered from her arm injuries from before, so she is kinda nerfed there a bit. Also, it might be that Bertholdt has always actually been that strong given the circumstances and his strong resolve, who knows.

May 13, 2019 7:55 AM
Mar 2019
and everyone will cry their eyes out ..... i can already see people raging out...
May 13, 2019 7:58 AM
Jan 2017
Once again great episode was come,,
actually i know the plot from reading the manga and its wow, but after watching this,, my react "Its amazing"
May 13, 2019 8:04 AM
Dec 2017
Bertholdt is no longer a mammoni
we gonna be stones until stone ocean
May 13, 2019 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
ABDoesThings said:
Klad said:

Who gives a shit? I'm not gonna go ahead and say "oh yeahhh ilove this" just because the majority of y'all love it. It's just how I feel about the anime so far, nothing spectacular has happened to grip me over it like the other seasons have done.
May 13, 2019 8:16 AM

Sep 2018
You thought it was Zeke but its was me DIOOOO!!Cart titans voice is pretty weird but its fine i guess

With the knowledge of the Manga Bertholds words have a way greater meaning, sad some scenes got censored but i expected it be so i am fine with it...the CG is awful

I cant wait for the episode that ends at the end of Chapter 85, this disccusion will be pretty funny to read
-Mullerio-May 13, 2019 8:21 AM
May 13, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2019
@Mullerio the censor is the thing that pisses me off the most honestly
but i agree the later discussions will be so fun :D
You son of a .. turtle

May 13, 2019 9:56 AM

May 2018
According to the preview we get "that" scene in the next episode already? Did not see that coming so soon.
I really do hope it will punch as hard as the manga version did, I really do.
May 13, 2019 10:27 AM

Jun 2017
it was a dogshit episode, where are all the good things people talked about? All I see is garbage

May 13, 2019 10:45 AM
Jan 2016
What I like is they show more about Bertholt...the one that always rely on others, now he can fight with a strong heart...I like this because now everybody has put his life in this fight, no hesitation and no regrets. And yeah about Marco now we got a clear story about Marco...
May 13, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
great fucking episode. Lit bros. It had all the tension and intensity. A fucking fantastic watch for anime viewers. Only thing bad about the entire episode was the CG lol
May 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode, even tho too much dialogue. I was expecting this episode to be more dynamic and to have more action, but whatever, it was good.

Mikasa’s always appearing behind people lmfao

Danpmss said:
Alfonse said:
You guys are such strict critics lmao. The colossal titan looked fine along with that amazing remix of the Bertholdt/Reiner transformation theme from season 2.

My only problem right now is the whole "transfer consciousness" thing that Reiner does. It just seems like such an a**pull and forced, like the very definition of plot armor. Maybe they'll explain it later.

It actually gets explained.

I haven’t read the manga but whether it will be explained or not, it’s an asspull. If they had introduced it a bunch of episodes before, than it would have been fine here, but this is not the case, so yeah, it’s an asspull
May 13, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
IdleSolution said:
it was a dogshit episode, where are all the good things people talked about? All I see is garbage
What the fuck were you even expecting from AoT? The revival of Iron Man? You know what's actually fucking dogshit? Your common sense.
May 13, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Great episode, even tho too much dialogue. I was expecting this episode to be more dynamic and to have more action, but whatever, it was good.

Mikasa’s always appearing behind people lmfao

Danpmss said:

It actually gets explained.

I haven’t read the manga but whether it will be explained or not, it’s an asspull. If they had introduced it a bunch of episodes before, than it would have been fine here, but this is not the case, so yeah, it’s an asspull
Then basically everything in this show is an asspull. If Eren can survive being eaten by a Titan thrice, then Reiner should have the plot armor to survive an explosion. It's no asspull.
May 13, 2019 11:01 AM

Jun 2011
I'm surprised no one mentioned that 0 confidence Bert was #3 at the Training corps.
in this episode full confidence Bert gave Mikasa a run for her #1 spot..

On top of that, he outwitted Armin in their little "negotiation".
Armin aimed for 2 things: 1- Extracting more info / 2- Delaying Bert while Hange squad take care of Reiner
Bert noticed both..
Satou0KunMay 13, 2019 11:11 AM
May 13, 2019 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Klad said:
ABDoesThings said:
Who gives a shit? I'm not gonna go ahead and say "oh yeahhh ilove this" just because the majority of y'all love it. It's just how I feel about the anime so far, nothing spectacular has happened to grip me over it like the other seasons have done.
Its episode 3. What the fuck do you even expect? Like how ridiculously high can your expectations get in just three episodes? What did you expect? Naruto vs Sasuke shit in three episodes of a completely new arc?
May 13, 2019 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Quite surprised that MAL's derank squad has stuck with this show uptil this point lol.
May 13, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
OnePieceQ8 said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned that 0 confidence Bert was #3 at the Training corps.
in this episode full confidence Bert gave Mikasa a run for her #1 spot..

On top of that, he outwitted Armin in their little "negotiation".
Armin aimed for 2 things: 1- Extracting more info / 2- Delaying Bert while Hange squad take care of Reiner
Bert noticed both..
Thats because everybody's shitting on the CGI and the show itself here. This is the most toxic thread Ive seen in a while.
May 13, 2019 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
If the conscious transfer gets explained later, then that's fine I suppose, but still kind of asspull-y. I get that it's Reiner and if he has to die, it should be in a much better and more "epic" fashion and not just with Levi surprise stabbing him, but still.

Right now I'm reading the manga, and my god it's going to take FOREVER for this show to get to the REALLY good parts. I'm actually wondering how the public will handle the controversial thing coming up.
AlfonseMay 13, 2019 11:57 AM
May 13, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode even if the CG of the colossal is bad
May 13, 2019 12:23 PM

Jun 2017
ABDoesThings said:
IdleSolution said:
What the fuck were you even expecting from AoT? The revival of Iron Man? You know what's actually fucking dogshit? Your common sense.

I expected it to get better, manga readers were acting like this arc was a second coming of Christ but its even worse than previous seasons, lol

May 13, 2019 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Man, that was utterly fantastic! This part of Season 3 again proves to be something very special in many ways. Direction, animation, art style, music... everything corresponded perfectly with each other and resulted in showing us magnificent effect.

Four-legs titan not only has a creepy look, but sound creepy as well. I wonder if he is a real human who is able to transform, or maybe he is something that stopped onobeing a halfway of being a human, but without (at least yet) becoming a titan similar to Bertholdt and Reiner.

Mikasa was too sure of her thought about Bertholdt in my opinion. Like, she didn't know if after looking his ear he would decide to turn into titan.

His transformation looked badass. I loved that "nuclear mushroom" effect. I guess them trees being blown were a small reference to famous video of nuclear test held on 25th May 1953 at Nevada Test Site.

Next episode is gonna be interesting. Erwin deciding to launch counterattack against titans, aiming for this hairy one. I wonder how will it end and what happened exactly with Hanji. Like, I don't believe she was devoured by flames just like that.
May 13, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
ABDoesThings said:
Klad said:
Its episode 3. What the fuck do you even expect? Like how ridiculously high can your expectations get in just three episodes? What did you expect? Naruto vs Sasuke shit in three episodes of a completely new arc?
You haven't heard about the '3 episode' rule? 3 episodes are usually an indicator on how good an anime will be or basing your expectations. Also, how the fuck do I not expect much from this when 1) the studio took what, 2 or 3 years to make this shit and 2) people overhype it to death? 😂

Besides, its only gonna be 10 episodes. So they need to make best of each episode.
KladMay 13, 2019 12:43 PM
May 13, 2019 12:44 PM
Mar 2019
Klad said:
ABDoesThings said:
You haven't heard about the '3 episode' rule? 3 episodes are usually an indicator on how good an anime will be or basing your expectations. Also, how the fuck do I not expect much from this when 1) the studio took what, 2 or 3 years to make this shit and 2) people overhype it to death? 😂

Besides, its only gonna be 10 episodes. So they need to make best of each episode.

Just correcting you this arc was made in six months by Wit, no way in hell would it look like this if it took 2-3 years
nanidatosama97May 13, 2019 12:48 PM
May 13, 2019 12:51 PM
Mar 2019
IdleSolution said:
ABDoesThings said:

I expected it to get better, manga readers were acting like this arc was a second coming of Christ but its even worse than previous seasons, lol

Damn you're still here you really have nothing better to do
May 13, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
nanidatosama97 said:
Klad said:

Just correcting you this arc was made in six months by Wit, no way in hell would it look like this if it took 2-3 years
My bad. Still, plenty of time to prepare. The animation has been questionable especially in episode 2. Plus the fact it's gonna be 10 episodes would make you think that each ep. is gonna be top-notch.
May 13, 2019 12:59 PM
Mar 2019
Klad said:
nanidatosama97 said:

My bad. Still, plenty of time to prepare. The animation has been questionable especially in episode 2. Plus the fact it's gonna be 10 episodes would make you think that each ep. is gonna be top-notch.

Well, wit is underpaid, understaffed, and overworked, the triple threat combo, so there will obviously be hiccups, I kinda wish they took a full year like they did with S3 part 1
May 13, 2019 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
nanidatosama97 said:
Klad said:

Well, wit is underpaid, understaffed, and overworked, the triple threat combo, so there will obviously be hiccups, I kinda wish they took a full year like they did with S3 part 1
Definitely agreed. But it would freak every single one of these fans out. I remember most of people being pissed that they split this season into two parts so figure what would happen if Wit took one year lmfao
May 13, 2019 1:05 PM
Mar 2019
@Klad

Well we were mainly pissed off cause we didnt get any notice from wit about the sudden change into being a split cour until the last moment, so that is kinda on them and the fans reactions are a bit justified
May 13, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2016
Bertholt did grow a lot.
The fight between him and Mikasa is great.
May 13, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2018
Uh oh, Colossal Titan jaz appeared , what now Armin?????
May 13, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 2014
when we'll get to see Annie...
ClefairiessMay 13, 2019 1:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.