Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 4, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2017
ycleped said:

CHC said:
Looks like a typical trashy sci-fi anime. Blatantly forgettable character design. Completely boring visual. The only thing I'm slightly interested in is the hinted romance between the hero with the older women around him - but I'm quite sure nothing will happen in such a mediocre show.

If you want spoilers I can tell you why you're completely wrong about nothing happening.

I don't mind spoiler because I'm pretty sure I'm not watching it, because whatever will happen will happen in the form of bad animation and lacklustre character design. Anyways, will they have sex any time soon?
CHCApr 4, 2019 10:21 AM
Apr 4, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2017
CHC said:
ycleped said:

If you want spoilers I can tell you why you're completely wrong about nothing happening.

I don't mind spoiler because I'm pretty sure I'm not watching it, because whatever will happen will happen in the form of bad animation and lacklustre character design. Anyways, will they have sex any time soon?

I'm not sure what's being adapted into this, but there were a few scenes towards the beginning of the game, yes. They were unnecessary to the plot so they'll probably be cut out.
Apr 4, 2019 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
Just gonna say this: since this was what inspired VN like Steins;Gate, i'll say, Steins;Gate is one of my favorite anime and the first episodes in my opinion weren't that explosive tbh and it needed several episodes to kick things off with a bang. It might be the same thing with this one, i've heard many things about YUNO, i have friends who played the VN and they said this one was an anime to look forward to and that the plot was really damn good, so, i'll be here till the end of it since i had great feedback from my friends. If this anime needs some episodes to finally get going strong, then i will patiently wait!
Apr 4, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2015
First episode was so bad and full of fanservice
Apr 4, 2019 2:32 PM

Sep 2015
A person is uploading the remake on youtube and is moving along with the anime

3:26 vs 0:30 lol
NayoutApr 4, 2019 2:37 PM
Apr 4, 2019 3:11 PM
Jan 2019
An elf appears out of nowhere and kisses the protagonist. What,?
Another anime of parallel worlds. Let's see what news this brings. For the moment he has not convinced me, I will give him a chance to the second episode.

Did someone say Re: Zero? xD
Apr 4, 2019 3:33 PM

Jan 2016
Surprised the score is this low at this point. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is any sort of great show at this point, but as of right now, it has potential, albeit the adaptation is a bit flat. There's a fair chance I'll end up dropping after the second episode unless it really gets me hooked, but for what we have, I would've expected MAL to have given it a 7.0X or something around that.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 4, 2019 4:02 PM

Feb 2018
He doing Time travel?
Apr 4, 2019 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Maybe it was somewhat original in 1996 but we are over 20 years later. Even so not a great start. I will give it a chance but I doubt it deserves it.

Why are you using "originality" as a measure of quality? You do realize whether or not an anime is good isn't relative to the quantity of similar ideas within the industry? Or what? Is Dies Irae your idea of a great anime because it's unlike anything else?
Apr 4, 2019 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
WolfDFireLeo said:
An elf appears out of nowhere and kisses the protagonist. What,?
Another anime of parallel worlds. Let's see what news this brings. For the moment he has not convinced me, I will give him a chance to the second episode.

Did someone say Re: Zero? xD

This story is like the grandfather of Re: Zero xD (1996), but yeah.
Apr 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Mar 2015
I have never seen / read the materiel that this show is based on. However I found the first episode well drawn and acted. Looking forward to more.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
Better than Steins Gate? You guys are over exaggerating a lot. I don't think this show has an even remote chance to be better than Steins Gate or surpass its score on MAL. It's just impossible.
Apr 4, 2019 6:16 PM
Apr 2019
Giulia14 said:
Better than Steins Gate? You guys are over exaggerating a lot. I don't think this show has an even remote chance to be better than Steins Gate or surpass its score on MAL. It's just impossible.

The VN influenced Steins;Gate, and is at least better in my opinion, but when it comes to their anime counterparts, maybe not, especially if they're using the remake's artstyle. But then again it's still too early to tell with one episode if it'll be near as good to the source material. It might not be likely for how there will only be 26 episodes to cover a 80+ hour game, but it's a neat varied addition.
Apr 4, 2019 6:18 PM
Oct 2018
Why the rating only 6.67??
Apr 4, 2019 6:27 PM

May 2017
Giulia14 said:

I'm gonna have a field day screenshotting all these posts and posting a compilation of them come September/October.
Apr 4, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2019
Lexyvil said:
Giulia14 said:

The VN influenced Steins;Gate, and is at least better in my opinion, but when it comes to their anime counterparts, maybe not, especially if they're using the remake's artstyle. But then again it's still too early to tell with one episode if it'll be near as good to the source material. It might not be likely for how there will only be 26 episodes to cover a 80+ hour game, but it's a neat varied addition.

Of course i'm talking about the anime, since i don't know anything about their games and honestly the VN is the medium most difficult to adapt into anime. And the influence doesn't mean that much. For example, Dragon Ball influenced Hunter x hunter but Hxh is still better.
Apr 4, 2019 6:38 PM

Mar 2019
ycleped said:
Giulia14 said:

I'm gonna have a field day screenshotting all these posts and posting a compilation of them come September/October.

Me too honey lmao its score won't ever surpass SN score. Screenshot this, and in October you will see i was right.
Apr 4, 2019 6:41 PM

May 2017
Giulia14 said:
ycleped said:

Me too honey lmao its score won't ever surpass SN score. Screenshot this, and in October you will see i was right.

Oh, condescending now, how cute!

Honestly, I have to agree with you that it won't surpass Steins;Gate's score but I definitely think it will be ranked in the top 100 by the end.

The good thing about this compared to Steins;Gate is that it doesn't take 12 whole episodes for things to get crazy; only really 3 or 4.
Apr 4, 2019 6:56 PM

Jun 2014
@ycleped hey someone told me Island was inspired by YU-NO too can you confirm for me that fact if you've read Island?

Also how mindfuck is it compared to Island?
Apr 4, 2019 6:57 PM

May 2017
Thai777 said:
@ycleped hey someone told me Island was inspired by YU-NO too can you confirm for me that fact if you've read Island?

Compared to Island, YU-NO is much, much better. And it's even more of a mindfuck, too.
Apr 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Mar 2019
ycleped said:
Giulia14 said:

Honestly, I have to agree with you that it won't surpass Steins;Gate's score but I definitely think it will be ranked in the top 100 by the end.

The good thing about this compared to Steins;Gate is that it doesn't take 12 whole episodes for things to get crazy; only really 3 or 4.

Of course i can't debate the top 100 thing because it's too early. I only said that is difficult for a show to portray the theme of time travelling so well like SN did. And it's even more difficult to surpass that score, basing on probabilities and the standards of mal.

And yes SN first episodes were not that good even if necessary.
Apr 4, 2019 7:03 PM

May 2017
Giulia14 said:
ycleped said:

Of course i can't debate the top 100 thing because it's too early. I only said that is difficult for a show to portray the theme of time travelling so well like SN did. And it's even more difficult to surpass that score, basing on probabilities and the standards of mal.

And yes SN first episodes were not that good even if necessary.

One thing you'll find is that while time travel was the main plot-point in Steins;Gate, it's merely used as just a major plot device here. The story in YU-NO is what makes it outstanding and the time traveling is merely a device to further develop it.
Apr 4, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2014
Giulia14 said:

Nobody said the YU-NO anime adaptation will be better than Steins;Gate's adaptation. The reality is, some VN stories work better for anime than others, and YU-NO's is considered one of the more difficult ones to adapt.

Ever 17 is also considered a classic VN, but there's a reason that will never ever get an anime. Some stories were just never meant to work as TV shows.
Apr 4, 2019 7:58 PM

Jun 2014
ycleped said:
Thai777 said:

Compared to Island, YU-NO is much, much better. And it's even more of a mindfuck, too.

Aye that good, looking forward to it~
Apr 4, 2019 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
SightScreen said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Maybe it was somewhat original in 1996 but we are over 20 years later. Even so not a great start. I will give it a chance but I doubt it deserves it.

Why are you using "originality" as a measure of quality? You do realize whether or not an anime is good isn't relative to the quantity of similar ideas within the industry? Or what? Is Dies Irae your idea of a great anime because it's unlike anything else?
I am not. Is just that sometimes a story has been told so much in so many versions is hard to remain entertaining. Dies Irae was interesting although I believe that they left out a lot even if I did not read the source.
Apr 4, 2019 10:50 PM
Jan 2018
Giulia14 said:

Regarding the source material, the Japanese VN audience seems to think so (at least as of December 2014): https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1330685

Of course, as SightScreen said, that is no guarantee that the anime itself will also be. YU-NO, a 50+ hour VN, really deserves 3 cours, and the first episode already has left out a lot of character development and nuance. Not to mention they barely used any of Ryu Umemoto's phenomenal soundtrack (only two brief tracks so far).
Apr 5, 2019 12:18 AM

Aug 2016
Rongmario said:
Swizze said:

Better than steins gate? Lol is this suppose to be that good?

Bruh, without YU-NO Visual Novel you wouldn't even have Steins;Gate and a whole lot of other VNs/eroges.

porksausage said:
This show looks like steins;gate and Re:Zero retarded offspring

Looks like people on MAL (or reddit) can't read.

Just because YU-NO inspired SG doesn´t mean YU-NO is better. sometimes it takes generations for a formula to improve. And even if it was better, it doesn´t mean the adaptation is supposed to be better. In fact, this anime first episode just gives a lazy impression compared to how great SG anime direction was since the beginning. Maybe the game is better. I´m actually watching some longplay because I actually wanna see how good it is and I´ll have my answer when I finish it. I´m really curious. Meanwhile, in terms of adaptation. YES. at first sight this YU-NO ADAPTATION does look like a retarded offspring. I just can´t blame people for thinking that
:v
Apr 5, 2019 1:06 AM
Apr 2019
Giulia14 said:

Maybe not the original, but It could easily be better than steins gate 0
Apr 5, 2019 2:50 AM

Sep 2017
ycleped said:
CHC said:

I'm not sure what's being adapted into this, but there were a few scenes towards the beginning of the game, yes. They were unnecessary to the plot so they'll probably be cut out.

Thanks for the info.
Apr 5, 2019 5:45 AM
Aug 2018
Seems like this could either be really great or very bad. I liked the episode. While the fan service was a bit weird (amongst other things) the overall story seems very interesting.

Also I really like the opening.
Apr 5, 2019 6:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ararago said:
@SparkleDuck @HisokaxMeruem
Wow, why the hell are you both even doing watching anime? When @Tokoya said something about ANN and feminazis thought it would be ridiculous cause didn't find anything offensive, but there are actually people doing it, holy shit! You people don't belong here, seriously, there are a lot of characters and situations far worse than this, lmao.
Honestly I was thinking it was generic garbage and wouldn't rate it above 5 if it kept up like this, but people like you are the reason I end up giving anything above 7 or even a 10 to shitty shows.
You can't reason with their kind, logic or common sense for that matter doesn't exist in their minds
Apr 5, 2019 6:34 AM

Sep 2015
MichaelJackson said:

how great SG anime direction was since the beginning. t

How fragile is memory? Because I remember the same complaints of all the adaptations, it's more for about 5 episodes the anime was tremendously slow (like the game) And I remember the people who had already played the game (the xbox360 version) complaining that bad was the adaptation.

I also see a lot of confusion, people have commented that THE GAME is even better Steins than the anime because unlike Steins, Yu-no is something much more difficult to adapt because its charm comes from mechanics that can only be produced in a video game. It reminds me of the case of Chaos Child where the game works perfectly while the anime (even if it had 26 episodes) would be impossible to replicate the feelings left by the game for the design of the game (each route has important vital information for the true ending but they are totally independent from each other)
Apr 5, 2019 7:09 AM

Oct 2012
Laukku said:
Of course, as SightScreen said, that is no guarantee that the anime itself will also be. YU-NO, a 50+ hour VN, really deserves 3 cours, and the first episode already has left out a lot of character development and nuance. Not to mention they barely used any of Ryu Umemoto's phenomenal soundtrack (only two brief tracks so far).

I agree. Still, I don't think 3 cours are inherently necessary if done right but I think it's very safe to say that it would be extremely difficult to translate everything well (the moreso if they try to fit longer first part into just 13 episodes while 10 episodes for second part would be more than enough). Only few studios and directors are capable of such feat, be it White Fox, A-1 or former KyoAni maybe. Island story is certainly inferior to the story of Yu-No but then again its anime wasn't exactly good example of well-done adaptation. Feel can do good things (like Hinamatsuri or Tsuki ga Kirei) but I'm almost certain they won't create another masterpiece here. And I also doubt former animator with almost no directing experience can make this happen.

To this day, only Steins;Gate along with Clannad are probably the only two visual novel adaptations that are as great as the source games. The most of the others were either flops or average pieces that only strived to surpass the original. So even though the source of Yu-No has very good story people probably shouldn't hold their hopes very high, the moreso when this is based on all-ages remake that removed some important plot points which can create plot-holes later. The anime is not utterly bad so far, quite contrary, it seems very promising but there are many things that could go haywire along the road.

So yes, probably tone down your expectations now and be pleasantly surprised later than other way around.
Mich666Apr 5, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 5, 2019 7:28 AM

Aug 2018
Looked interesting for now, it has something that makes me want to learn more about. Also this guy's really lucky to be friend or something with his teacher, I wish I could have had something similar during middle/high school, my days would have been much more relaxing.

It also seems to bring good tracks, so this episode 1 caught my curiosity.
Apr 5, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2008
my first show of Spring 2019
okay...here we go again..Time Paradox concept huh...
4/5.

Apr 5, 2019 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
It will be interesting to see where 24 episodes can take this anime. I thought it would have been 12-13 when I first started.

It's nothing special atm but we'll see what happens.

Red Hair is best girl. Mitsuki.
SoraSenpaiApr 5, 2019 8:29 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 5, 2019 8:28 AM

May 2017
SoraSenpai said:
It will be interesting to see where 24 episodes can take this anime. I thought it would have been 12-13 when I first started.

Red Hair is best girl.

Eriko (red haired) and Mio (blondie) were my votes for best girls in the game.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Apr 5, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
sexyzombieroo said:
SoraSenpai said:

Red Hair is best girl.

Eriko (red haired) and Mio (blondie) were my votes for best girls in the game.

If red hair is Sensei I messed up and meant the Brownish hair girl Mitsuki. Although I like Sensei as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 5, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2015
Much like with the Ace Attorney anime, play the game (the original, not the crappy remake) first since the anime will not give you the same experience. Although if for some reason you can't, this might be an okay alternative.

So far it's alright (awful character redesigns aside) but it has a lot to adapt in 26 episodes but getting the prologue out of the way in the first episode was the right choice. For a second there I thought they were going to try and extend it since he only finds Yu-no around 6 minutes before it ends.

Kinda wish the music was better represented to be a bit more like the game, only two times I could recognize a piece, the other times I could sort of hear it, but it felt like it was trying to get just the backing track or something and was being drowned out by talking. Hoping to at least hear the different "Movement" tracks, they were my favourites.

Odd side note, but I was surprised they were able to show the camera that recorded Takuya on his way home from school was in 4:3 but not mention that the television in Takuya's house was widescreen, since he even mentions how stupid that is in the VN, but I guess that's just me and my autism and has no real place in the show.
Apr 5, 2019 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
honestly, I dont even know this anime, until I ACCIDENTALLY stumbled into YU-NO 1996 vn when browsing vndb just now, and found out that there's an anime adaptation this season
welp

anyway, this actually hooked me up
Apr 5, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2016
Nayout said:
MichaelJackson said:

how great SG anime direction was since the beginning. t

How fragile is memory? Because I remember the same complaints of all the adaptations, it's more for about 5 episodes the anime was tremendously slow (like the game) And I remember the people who had already played the game (the xbox360 version) complaining that bad was the adaptation.

I also see a lot of confusion, people have commented that THE GAME is even better Steins than the anime because unlike Steins, Yu-no is something much more difficult to adapt because its charm comes from mechanics that can only be produced in a video game. It reminds me of the case of Chaos Child where the game works perfectly while the anime (even if it had 26 episodes) would be impossible to replicate the feelings left by the game for the design of the game (each route has important vital information for the true ending but they are totally independent from each other)

look, probably the SG game is better, that doesn´t mean the first episode adaptation isn´t good. It´s difficult to digest, but It already sets up the basis of the atmosphere, too ethereal for some people. But this YUNO first episode felt rushed in a bad way with characters appearing out of nowhere and no time to introduce them properly and its production values gave the impression of a generic harem (and not a "premium harem" if we can call it that way) even without playing the original game. Memory isn´t fragile in my case, I just do think this episode was average at best. If it gets better later, good, but I have strong doubts about it so far. And all that "it´s difficult to adapt" is an excuse. Well, don´t adapt it then, or adapt it and expect criticism.

MichaelJacksonApr 5, 2019 12:56 PM
:v
Apr 5, 2019 1:28 PM

Sep 2015
MichaelJackson said:
Nayout said:

look, probably the SG game is better, that doesn´t mean the first episode adaptation isn´t good. It´s difficult to digest, but It already sets up the basis of the atmosphere, too ethereal for some people. But this YUNO first episode felt rushed in a bad way with characters appearing out of nowhere and no time to introduce them properly and its production values gave the impression of a generic harem (and not a "premium harem" if we can call it that way) even without playing the original game. Memory isn´t fragile in my case, I just do think this episode was average at best. If it gets better later, good, but I have strong doubts about it so far. And all that "it´s difficult to adapt" is an excuse. Well, don´t adapt it then, or adapt it and expect criticism.

No, if I do not say that the adaptation of SG is bad, it is a very good adaptation what I try to say is that with SG there were criticisms about its slowness and in some cases there were some complaining that it was a bad adaptation (people who did not know what it means to adapt)

That's why when people use SG as an example, it always seems to me that they forgot that people criticized them in their first episodes.
Apr 5, 2019 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
Ararago said:
Wow, why the hell are you both even doing watching anime? When @Tokoya said something about ANN and feminazis thought it would be ridiculous cause didn't find anything offensive, but there are actually people doing it, holy shit! You people don't belong here, seriously, there are a lot of characters and situations far worse than this, lmao.
Honestly I was thinking it was generic garbage and wouldn't rate it above 5 if it kept up like this, but people like you are the reason I end up giving anything above 7 or even a 10 to shitty shows.
"Don't belong here". Lmfao. I've watched hundreds of shows, bucko. And tons of them are great without any of the cringe incel humor this show pulls :)
Apr 5, 2019 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
SparkleDuck said:
Ararago said:
"Don't belong here". Lmfao. I've watched hundreds of shows, bucko. And tons of them are great without any of the cringe incel humor this show pulls :)

If you try to impose your feminazi beliefs you don't belong to the anime community, 'kiddo'. As I said, this is nothing compared to other shows, really surprised me something as stupid as this show could trigger anyone.

@Tokoya I don't even know why I got myself involved with those people, it was a mistake, lmao.
Apr 6, 2019 4:08 AM

Oct 2014
For those interested in know more about the original EROGE, there's a good explanation in the site bellow.

There's a playlist for the original game here.

Apr 6, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2016
Saw roughly half an episode of YU-NO on Deesidia's Yay/Nay stream before trying again and only getting 13/14 minutes in. It's a caricature of what your non-anime fan friend thinks anime is like after watching 5 VN and LN anime. Abysmal colors, character designs, and visuals, nothing but archetypes with painfully obvious reveals and whatnot, dismal back & forths and gestures meant to pass off as witty banter, a particularly grating "2kewl4skewl edgelord" MC, a first scene that adds literally nothing, is nothing but hot air, and borders on the pretentious, nauseating exposition and generic character intro dumps up the fucking wazoo without anything other than terrible banter to even attempt to spice them up, and like 4 other anime of their ilk. It's like your out of touch dad made an anime after watching Fate/Stay Night and Bunny Girl Senpai, and nothing else. It's a stereotype of anime, an affront to the medium itself, and I can't even stomach half an episode, let alone consider the prospect of watching 26 of these fuckers!

Perhaps some of the dated “this is 2000s anime, right?” feel fomes down to how old the VN is, but it still reeks of lame, badly designed archetypes introduced in the laziest, most lifeless ways possible.
CodeBlazeFateApr 6, 2019 6:34 AM
Apr 6, 2019 11:09 AM

May 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Saw roughly half an episode of YU-NO on Deesidia's Yay/Nay stream before trying again and only getting 13/14 minutes in. It's a caricature of what your non-anime fan friend thinks anime is like after watching 5 VN and LN anime. Abysmal colors, character designs, and visuals, nothing but archetypes with painfully obvious reveals and whatnot, dismal back & forths and gestures meant to pass off as witty banter, a particularly grating "2kewl4skewl edgelord" MC, a first scene that adds literally nothing, is nothing but hot air, and borders on the pretentious, nauseating exposition and generic character intro dumps up the fucking wazoo without anything other than terrible banter to even attempt to spice them up, and like 4 other anime of their ilk. It's like your out of touch dad made an anime after watching Fate/Stay Night and Bunny Girl Senpai, and nothing else. It's a stereotype of anime, an affront to the medium itself, and I can't even stomach half an episode, let alone consider the prospect of watching 26 of these fuckers!

Perhaps some of the dated “this is 2000s anime, right?” feel fomes down to how old the VN is, but it still reeks of lame, badly designed archetypes introduced in the laziest, most lifeless ways possible.

It didn't even get into the plot... Give it a chance, it's one of my all-time favorite stories.

This episode was solely to introduce the characters and the setting. It gets really good, even I wasn't a fan of the prologue in the visual novel.

Dropping a shot after 1 episode and giving it a 2/10 is really just thoughtless and even more pretentious than what you're criticizing the show for.
Apr 6, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2016
ycleped said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

It didn't even get into the plot... Give it a chance, it's one of my all-time favorite stories.

This episode was solely to introduce the characters and the setting. It gets really good, even I wasn't a fan of the prologue in the visual novel.

Dropping a shot after 1 episode and giving it a 2/10 is really just thoughtless and even more pretentious than what you're criticizing the show for.
It's not worth the chance when in the first 15 minutes, it doesn't even try. The only time it even tried to grab viewers beyond what I assume they tried going for with that awful first scene was with the panty shot which introduced how much of a perv the MC was, and feels more like it was there to go "hey don't leave just yet, we barely even started exposition, let alone kicked off the plot".. I know first episodes are not the end all be all, but when the first impression is this nauseating, hollow, and lacking in anything to remotely suggest that anyone should ever keep watching (like cool shots, fun dialogue, interesting plot threads, chemistry, literally anything), why should I? Just cuz I only barely made it to when things started happening (where the MC got that stone and thunder stuck the city twice)? It introducing the characters and setting is no excuse when the likes of Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate do that too but with cool shots, fun character dynamics, atmosphere, and like...things that can grab you and make you actually wanna endure all of the setup. As it is, I have no reason to care, and the show has flat-out wasted time in some instances (like that first scene). Plus, I don't see problems like the walking archetypes or the terrible visuals going away when the plot starts really kicking in. I gave it two chances, and I couldn't stomach even one episode either time. Frankly, there's nothing there for me.
CodeBlazeFateApr 6, 2019 11:44 AM
Apr 6, 2019 12:15 PM

May 2017
I would prefer the Fate series or Steins;Gate more if they opened with a similar shot as this... (The panty shot I mean, not the baby scene.)
sexyzombierooApr 6, 2019 2:18 PM
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Apr 6, 2019 1:04 PM

May 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
It's not worth the chance when in the first 15 minutes, it doesn't even try. I know first episodes are not the end all be all, but when the first impression is this nauseating, hollow, and lacking in anything to remotely suggest that anyone should ever keep watching (like cool shots, fun dialogue, interesting plot threads, chemistry, literally anything), why should I? Just cuz I only barely made it to when things started happening (where the MC got that stone and thunder stuck the city twice)? It introducing the characters and setting is no excuse when the likes of Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate do that too but with cool shots, fun character dynamics, atmosphere, and like...things that can grab you and make you actually wanna endure all of the setup. As it is, I have no reason to care, and the show has flat-out wasted time in some instances (like that first scene). Plus, I don't see problems like the walking archetypes or the terrible visuals going away when the plot starts really kicking in. I gave it two chances, and I couldn't stomach even one episode either time.

I understand how you feel, and it's a shame. We'll be glad to have you back after the first cour has aired and the show is a contender for AOTY!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.