Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The night of the fun continues~

Ichika really made an impression this episode with Fuutarou if you ask me especially when she's alone with him.

Turns out, we also got the snow skiing chapters adapted :D
Mar 21, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
It sad that next week is the last episode. Hopefully we get season 2.
Mar 21, 2019 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Ichika better fucking win.
Mar 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Dec 2017
is it just me or this episode had some unusually good animation? especially the scene with Ichika and Fuutarou in the shed
this was a pretty good episode. tbh, these last two episodes felt really nice. much more progression and less stalemate

changelog said:

Kana Hanazawa characters never win. people never learn smh
Mar 21, 2019 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
uninstallthegame said:
is it just me or this episode had some unusually good animation? especially the scene with Ichika and Fuutarou in the shed
this was a pretty good episode. tbh, these last two episodes felt really nice. much more progression and less stalemate

changelog said:

We have Senryuu Shoujo next season and no one's gonna be able to compete with Nanako.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
Telling a girl she's heavy... rude!

So in the end both Fuutarou and Ichika got in trouble for getting locked in by others, doesn't seem right to me, but whatever. Them being stuck together there really had some cute moments.

Seems Miku is now certain what she wants, after sitting in that igloo with Fuutarou.

I'll be sad to see this end, but I will definitely pick up the manga after next weeks final.
Mar 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Dec 2018
Damn this episode was great, really different from the other ones, with good jokes and actually cute moments (although cringe moments like Futaro touching Miku's breast with his elbow in the igloo never leave), I wish the whole series was like this :(
Mar 21, 2019 2:38 PM
Jan 2018
Shiroyasha_97 said:
I really hope to have a season 2 too (I'm really advanced in the manga), but how are the chance? But considering Tezuka Productions didn't made too much animes since Black Jack, in 2006, I'm hopefull the chances are here!
Mar 21, 2019 2:54 PM

Sep 2018
Yessss go Miku gooo, best girl for sure :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 21, 2019 2:55 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its funny seeing Futaro try to take such brash actions considering his nature. Ichika's feelings sure have risen to boiling point huh. Considering her budding career and her grades at school i can see why Ichika will be conflicted. That was quite the save that Futaro managed there though. While it was lucky that Itsuki and Miku managed to find them in time the gazes they directed at the two sure were cold ones. Miku's display of anger sure was surprising though. Amusing in how Futaro ended up being pursued by both Nino and Yotsuba though. Miku's save while timely also gave her an excellent opportunity to spend some time with Futaro. If anything Futaro's words showed just how much meeting the sisters have changed his personality. Curious to see what Miku's request was as well as how this series would end next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2019 3:04 PM

May 2018
Ichika better win????????? Not in this harem themed anime.
Mar 21, 2019 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, this is probably the best animated episode for this series so far and had really clean visuals. I mean it wasn't like mind blowing but there wasn't all those ridiculously low quality derpy faces like every other previous episode.

I really liked the artwork change moments for Ichika and Miku, especially so for Ichika's when the sirens were going off. Would have loved it if they had used that style for he entirety of the series.

Let's hope the final episode can at least keep it up.
Mar 21, 2019 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
this was the best episode so far, clean visuals, great animations and a fucking perfect story. now i understand why last episode animations and visuals were totally shit.
Mar 21, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode, they seemed to fit alot on and it didn't feel rushed.

I really hope we get a second season especially when utter dross like Tsugimomo gets another season.

Anyone know how the BD pre orders are doing? I believe the Manga is selling fantastic atm
Mar 21, 2019 3:33 PM
Mar 2015
Crashmatt said:
Great episode, they seemed to fit alot on and it didn't feel rushed.

I really hope we get a second season especially when utter dross like Tsugimomo gets another season.

Anyone know how the BD pre orders are doing? I believe the Manga is selling fantastic atm

It didn't feel rushed because this episode covered two chapters instead of 3.

I hope last episode'll be really well made, specially with
Mar 21, 2019 4:04 PM

Jan 2019
Next week last episode noo T-T
Mar 21, 2019 4:20 PM

Nov 2016
Now this what I call quality time, even some of the shots looked pretty damn good during the Fuutarou x Ichika half.

But dang, Miku almost stole the spotlight at the end.

And lol, Nino still looking for Kintamas

Looking forward to the finale.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2019 4:21 PM
Aug 2010
lezbhonest guys, the odds for 2nd season r rough and near to impossible, but there is an answer to this - The Manga!
Mar 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Nov 2017
Thank you, Ichika for being cute and flashing your beautiful, contagious smile. Much appreciated!
Mar 21, 2019 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
first half looked better than anything so far in the series overall episode just looked good and consistent for once studio bias confirmed for Ichika

this trip arc has been great all the girls going doki doki well most of em and the amount of tropes happening at a staggering rate but each one doesn't last too long and transitions right into another one has been fun to watch
Mar 21, 2019 6:23 PM

Aug 2010
Miku somehow always ends up stealing the episode for me.
Mar 21, 2019 6:58 PM

Jul 2017
Morag_23 said:
Shiroyasha_97 said:
I really hope to have a season 2 too (I'm really advanced in the manga), but how are the chance? But considering Tezuka Productions didn't made too much animes since Black Jack, in 2006, I'm hopefull the chances are here!
If Nisekoi has S2 since both are similar childhood friend troupe , then I too will hope we get S2 for this because this show got me back into liking harem.

uninstallthegame said:

changelog said:

Sad but True. At least she didn't voice Miku or Nino then I'm happy.

FMmatron said:
And lol, Nino still looking for Kintamas
I see what you did there

Mar 21, 2019 7:08 PM

Aug 2015
Ahh,, Next Week Last Episode, So Sad~
Mar 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Nov 2017
Interesting episode again! Personally I do not ship Futaro x Ichika. I go with Miku and backup is Itsuki. It had some good and pretty art this episode and the skiing was really fun. 4/5

this got me laughing

plz @ me
Mar 21, 2019 7:33 PM
Mar 2017
This episode had a very good quality, Ichika had her time with Fuutarou and she looked spectacular, but then it was Miku's turn and ... damn she is the best.
Ichika is a good older sister, she worries a lot about Miku's feelings and that is why she doesn't want to be seen together with Fuutarou in that situation that can be misunderstood.
The part where Fuutarou asks Ichika to climb on his shoulders was very good, Fuutarou remembering the softness of Ichika's thighs while he has them on his face ... lucky boy, but he ruins it by saying that she weighs a lot.
The conversation of Ichika and Fuutarou I liked a lot, because he respects how Ichika has managed to find something that she likes and more he feels envious of her achievement.
The part in which Miku and Itsuki look for her sister and Fuutarou, I really like her, Miku relies on Ichika and knows that nothing bad will happen.
Today they made Ichika stand out, that beautiful image in which she invites Fuutarou to dance was beautiful, but this changes when Fuutarou mentions the legend about bonfire and what happens with the couples that dance together, this made Ichika feel terrible, but she hit the trunk and falls over her and Fuutarou saves her in time, but for Ichika it's already too late, since she finally falls in love with the boy her sister loves to, this part I loved, because Ichika looked very beautiful and the details were very Well done, but this moment ends when they are discovered by Itsuki and Miku and this starts the misunderstanding. Seeing Miku sad depresses me and Itsuki still mistrusts Fuutarou.
Yotsuba and her inexhaustible vitality helps to change the dense mood and takes Fuutarou to ski and Miku joins them too ... damn she looks so lovely in her snow clothes.
Fuutarou learns little by little and later Ichika joins the group and she proposes a game, here Fuutarou sees an opportunity to talk to Miku about what happened the previous night, but she avoids him and gets ahead, but Ichika approaches him and she asks if he keep the secret of what they talked about that night, but Fuutarou ends up crashing causing a big uproar. But this is only the beginning, Nino discovers the band aid that she gave to Kintaro and Fuutarou goes into panic and flees before she discovers him and on the other side Yotsuba is looking for him, in the end he manages to hide in a small igloo, but He wasn't alone, Miku was already hiding there. This part I loved a lot, both were together in a very small place and the best thing was that Miku looks so lovely, the details in this scene were just as good as in the scene with Ichika and when Miku hit her head was so adorable.
The episode ends with the quintuplets in the landscape of the snowy mountains and we see that Miku communicates with Ichika to talk about something that will be about Fuutarou.
Next week is the last episode, what a great sadness, I hope that the last episode has the same quality that this episode had, which was excellent in my opinion. I also hope that they give a decent closing to this anime, although if they announce a second season I will be very grateful.
salbery755Mar 21, 2019 7:42 PM
Mar 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Dec 2018
Judging by the preview, it seems we'll have a timeskip directly to the wedding

Or not.
Mar 21, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
Ichika is best girl for me but I don't think she matches the MC. She's like a woman already, she deserves someome mature too. Fuutarou would be better matching with the another ones.
Mar 21, 2019 8:02 PM
Jun 2016
Fate stay night saber scene reference, anyone? Haha
Mar 21, 2019 8:18 PM
Jun 2016
How long is the manga though? Thinking about picking it up after the anime, but if it’s a nisekoi long manga I’m not so sure about it
BarnaldMar 28, 2019 8:16 AM
Mar 21, 2019 8:20 PM
Jan 2019
What a good chapter. I can not believe that one of my favorite animes of the season is over the other week. As seen in the preview, in the next chapter they will take a temporary leap (day 2000), approximately 5 years in the future, where the scene from the first chapter is shown: Uesugi's wedding and one of the quintuplets. It's a shame, I thought I would have at least 2 seasons. It's a very good series, it's a good combination between comedy and romance, the best I've seen, there's no chapter in which I do not laugh and I get excited about the story and the characters. Well, it's all a matter of waiting for the next and last chapter. I pray that they extend the anime to a second season 😁, I think it is a possibility, since the manga continues to be published.
Psdt: My personal top of the quintuplets: 1 ° Miku, 2 ° Ichika, 3 ° Yotsuba, 4 ° Itsuki and 5 ° Nino. I pray that the girl at the wedding is Miku or Ichika, especially Miku ❤.

How will you get out of this Uesugi? 😂
SiriusDFvckMar 22, 2019 8:06 PM
Mar 21, 2019 8:23 PM

Nov 2007
Kokorowagurasu said:

How long is the manga though? Thinking about picking it up after the anime, but if it’s a nisekoi long manga I’m not so sure about it

The manga is now at chapter 78. The anime is in early 30s. There is a speculation that it would get around 26-27 chapters more only. Also, don't go comparing it with Nisekoi. Because it has more balance, more plot progression, more character development. The freken' anime is gonna end right before the three major arcs those skyrocketed its global popularity. Read it. If you like the anime, you'll love the manga.
BarnaldMar 28, 2019 8:16 AM
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2019 8:30 PM
Jun 2016
shanimebib said:

The manga is now at chapter 78. The anime is in early 30s. There is a speculation that it would get around 26-27 chapters more only. Also, don't go comparing it with Nisekoi. Because it has more balance, more plot progression, more character development. The freken' anime is gonna end right before the three major arcs those skyrocketed its global popularity. Read it. If you like the anime, you'll love the manga.[/quote]
Ok, i guess you convinced me :)
BarnaldMar 28, 2019 8:17 AM
Mar 21, 2019 8:31 PM
Nov 2018
Kokorowagurasu said:

Nope. It's not. No filler, more development, slowly more and more intense in manga.
And especially there is a girl who broke Nisekoi and many manga harem logic many time in manga which make her becomes very popular (maybe behind Miku in manga now). You won't expect it's...

And I recommend you should read manga. One of few romcom manga I'm still follow it.
BarnaldMar 28, 2019 8:18 AM
Mar 21, 2019 8:37 PM
Jun 2016
NakedSnake113 said:

Nope. It's not. No filler, more development, slowly more and more intense in manga.
And especially there is a girl who broke Nisekoi and many manga harem logic many time in manga which make her becomes very popular (maybe behind Miku in manga now). You won't expect it's...

And I recommend you should read manga. One of few romcom manga I'm still follow it.[/quote]
Do you believe it’s ok for me to start from where the anime stops?
BarnaldMar 28, 2019 8:18 AM
Mar 21, 2019 8:43 PM
Nov 2018
Kokorowagurasu said:
NakedSnake113 said:

And I recommend you should read manga. One of few romcom manga I'm still follow it.

I think you should read from start because anime has skipped and re-sort many things in manga. I don't know why but there is something VERY important but they skipped it
Mar 21, 2019 9:45 PM

Aug 2018
Loved this episode ! I don't think it is possible to doubt that Ichika (already) entered the love game. I'm curious to see what's gonna happen between her & Ichika. Also if Nino ever finds out Kintaro=Futaro, her reaction would be priceless (almost thought it was happening during this episode).

Also Itsuki's situation remains sadly left behind, we barely know how she feels and what she wants. Quite the same situation as Yotsuba's one, but she still had more screentime.

Next episode will be the last... I'm really hoping for more screentime (aka second season) !
Mar 21, 2019 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly at this point its a two girl race. Miku > ichika but not by much. I actually like them a lot. Yotsuba is kind of annoying and people say Nino gets better but how she is now and how she has treated Fuutaro will always rub me the wrong way so that bitch is off my list. And Itsuki is "Quintessential" main girl so I instantly dislike her.

Hoping for season 2
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 21, 2019 10:16 PM
Jan 2016
Quintessential Quintuplets (TV) : In-Between Animation, Production Cooperation (ep 11)
Now we know what is happening
Mar 21, 2019 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
Kokorowagurasu said:
NakedSnake113 said:

It's a weekly manga, so that means only 18-21 pages per chapter. The fantastic expressions, stellar artworks, the parts that got removed (and important ones at it) are the reasons you should just read it from the first chapter.

SoraSenpai said:
Honestly at this point its a two girl race. Miku > ichika but not by much. I actually like them a lot. Yotsuba is kind of annoying and people say Nino gets better but how she is now and how she has treated Fuutaro will always rub me the wrong way so that bitch is off my list. And Itsuki is "Quintessential" main girl so I instantly dislike her.

Hoping for season 2

You cannot hope for a season 2 and have that kind of attitude towards Nino. You have been warned because I shared more or less the similar mentality like you in the past. lol.
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2019 10:34 PM

Jul 2014
First of all, the episode looked really good and I really appreciate that ^^

I'm still surprised how much Ichika has grown on me, I mean, how not to love her?!

Maximum jealousy.

That mouth reminded me a lot of Sangatsu no Lion... third season please!

Fuutarou to the rescue.

...Well, It was good while it lasted.

Different hair color syndrome strikes again.

Clumsy + jiggle Miku

Smug Yotsuba

And just when you thought she was falling behind, best girl Miku strikes again <3
Mar 21, 2019 11:03 PM

Sep 2016
uninstallthegame said:

changelog said:

Studio Shaft was in charge of this week's episode.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 21, 2019 11:12 PM

Nov 2007
Btw, the art and animation were stellar in this episode! How I wish the whole season was this good! Imagine the score it would get in MAL if that were the case! They are definitely gonna improve the art and animation of the previous episodes in the BD/DVD releases!

^Still is and shall remain the best girl for me!

Also, this episode also touched on why fans consider Fuutarou as such a fantastic MC.

The quints' games have already started! It will be such a shame if this doesn't get a sequel. One of the best harem romcoms in years. Actually, I don't remember anything in that genre I have adored this much since the end of TWGOK. ❤
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 12:40 AM
Oct 2018
SoraSenpai said:

Hoping for season 2

Well if you are into overly aggressive, a bit arrogant, but direct girl who sometimes is insensitive towards other but is still cute then juat wait and watch. You will love her(in the later parts of manga)
Mar 22, 2019 1:08 AM
Nov 2018
SoraSenpai said:

Hoping for season 2

Well, you can't enjoy ss2 if it happened. Because half of them...
NakedSnake113Mar 22, 2019 1:29 AM
Mar 22, 2019 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
WTH happened this ep... everything looked so clean and polished, the animation has also increased compared to the previous ones, if only this was consistent.

That being said, Ichika is a far cry from winning with how her character turned out to be in the manga, unless Negi (author) is into "that" kind of thing, she has a very low chance compared to the other girls.
Mar 22, 2019 1:47 AM

Nov 2018
INSANE EPISODE TBHHHH
i was club ichika since the start but daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn she good

surprised miku thought futaro and ichika were up to something though. miku normally pretty chill but i guess she's worried about ichika taking futaro
yotsuba remains to be the good friend and nothing else
also wtf is this thing with nino and blonde boy

after rereading what I just wrote a few moments ago I realize now that harem anime intoxicates me. Will do further research until I am always on this high
also the animation was exceptional this episode, wish it could've been like this the entire season.
Mar 22, 2019 2:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
If anyone that is not Ichika or Miku wins this, I'll start a riot over here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 22, 2019 2:48 AM

Feb 2018
I realized Fuutarou like girl who is like her sister.
Only Yotsuba personality fits with her as cheerful and honest.
Mar 22, 2019 4:30 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Nino still looking for Kintaro lol.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 22, 2019 4:34 AM

Dec 2013
Alright my dudes, I'm all in for Miku being best girl. Lets make it happen!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

129 by FortHell0 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.