Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2019 1:17 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see that while getting stronger and gaining more skills that the teamwork between Naofumi and Raphtalia's teamwork have also improved. But man Raphtalia sure has grown both physically and in terms of personality. The defence of the village though sure was interesting as it showed that while cynical Naofumi was willing to protect the innocent unlike the others heroes. The display of teamwork as they protected the knights sure was impressive. It was pretty satisfying seeing the knights ignore their commander and fight alongside Naofumi and Raphtalia. Though the rift was closed the cost to the village was steep. An excellent ep that did well in showing both the development of Naofumi and Raphtalia's personality and their attitude to others as well. At the same time i also loved seeing how much their bond has improved as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2017
NoviSun said:
Starhammer said:

I was going to report you to the HLRP(Hot Loli Racoon Police),but I was too busy looking at pics of Raphtalia as an adult.
Honestly :)
Hahahaha, I got no comeback to that. Carry on!

Damn looks like I messed up my quote,prob due to those damn Loli,erm,adult pics of Raph,oh wait,that sounds even worse :)
Jan 23, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2017
Saving people you hate just because it's the right thing to do is the mark of a true hero.

The animation was a bit underwhelming, mostly with the monsters just standing around, but otherwise a great episode. I'm still curious on why this kingdom hates demi-humans, and it seems not everyone does, at least if it's a cute girl.
Raphtalia is the best character so far. It's always good to have a cute yet badass female character. I'd even say she's best girl of the season if Kaguya-sama didn't exist.
*laughs in Dimple*
Jan 23, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Heroes from modern societies (they are from different Japans, maybe even ones where female are actually respected) are supposed to bear modern values - protecting females from male predators, which is statistically more frequent than the false accusations.

This isn't about statistics, wtf? You need proof when you make a rape accusation, even in our world today.

They are new to this world and they don't know how things work, then there is a manipulative thot who played one nice guy like fiddle. And I personally do not remember anywhere in the series that it has been stated for kingdom to be a matriarchy.

They say it's a matriarchy in either the first or second episode.

It is something I have heard from those lesser users who tried to use that as an argument against the series.

Not even sure what you're trying to say here.

I am not going to argue the writing level of this series, as it is THE THIRD EPISODE OUT OF 12+.

Which is why I said that so far, the three heroes are presented as the villains.

I will repeat, however, that your perception of the characters is flawed. You are instead trying to come up with some psychological games of why they keep on going with the flow.

You've yet to provide a counter argument, though. You can't just say "hurr durr your perception is flawed" and expect anyone to take you seriously in a debate.

...And complementing sweet girls while trying to protect them from a known, even if unproven offender is now a villain trait... I am out.

Don't act ignorant here. A character who sided with the enemy (the rape girl) is now making unsolicited romantic advances on the main character's only friend and partner, and it's not like all he said was, "Watch out, that guy is a (unproven) rapist." He flirted with her. Anyone with half a brain can realize that this is obviously meant to pain the Spear Hero in a negative manner.

What's the difference?
Jan 23, 2019 1:23 PM
Nov 2018
Shield Hero become the most viewed new show of the season according to MAL stats, it was Mob Psycho yesterday. Nice. Same place was occupied by Goblin Slayer. It will be interesting to look at Crunchyroll statistics if they release it.

As usual, plenty of "you like THAT? how cute" comments. People seem to think hating on popular series is cool and act all high and mighty. Relax, no one really cares.

Animators seem to mess up with the dragon hourglass. The first time it is shown 20 hours before the wave and upper bulb is half full. Last grains of sand fall immediately before the wave. In the end of episode they do it again for some reason. Then hourglass turn over and the bottom bulb is immediately half full. Weird magic.
Jan 23, 2019 1:25 PM

Jun 2017
Awesome episode. It was cool to see how much Raphtalia has grown, and how much the relationship between her and Naofumi has also grown. The battle during the Wave was great, and it showed the difference between Naofumi and the other Heroes. Looking forward to the next episode.

My Anime Blog
Jan 23, 2019 1:26 PM

Dec 2013
kysmongo said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

They like the cute girl with animal ears.

doesnt change the fact that its wierd that they change their opinions of demi-humans for no reason

Welp, the writing in this series is probably the worst I've seen in years.
No worries, you're not alone.
Jan 23, 2019 1:26 PM

Nov 2017
NoviSun said:
[Yes, you should. Neverland is beckoning, or better yet Domestic no Kanojo. No thinking required.

Hey,don't diss DomeKano,I'm still looking for loli pics of Hina and Rui,crap,I swear my fingers just try to drop me in it one way or another :)
Jan 23, 2019 1:28 PM
Jan 2016
Fantastic episode!

Raphtalia grew up, honestly i prefer her like that, she is more adorable and beautiful than before, i am loving her personality and how independent she has become, in shop she looked like the leader, was funny, and Naofumi dont realizing her grew up was funny aswell!

The moment when Naofumi meets the other three heroes, we completely saw his hatred for them, to point of not even talking and looking to them, i hate lancer hero he can die, other two still have a chance for me to like them, i hope!

Animation and Raphtalia's moves looked awesome, i loved when Raphtalia charged out into the knights ready to fight the ones who disrespected Naofumi, was wonderfull!

We even could see one group of knight fighting at Naofumi's side, finally some good knights! The other kinights really deserved that Naofumi let them die!

Looking foward next episode!
Jan 23, 2019 1:30 PM

Nov 2017
FreezePeach said:
Animators seem to mess up with the dragon hourglass. The first time it is shown 20 hours before the wave and upper bulb is half full. Last grains of sand fall immediately before the wave. In the end of episode they do it again for some reason. Then hourglass turn over and the bottom bulb is immediately half full. Weird magic.

I don't think the animators were at fault for that one,its a weird fact with hourglasses and most time keeping devices in general that whenever you reset,or look at one,then turn away for what should only be a second to you,the timepiece has always advanced WAY beyond what you thought :)
Jan 23, 2019 1:31 PM

Aug 2018
Starhammer said:
NoviSun said:
[Yes, you should. Neverland is beckoning, or better yet Domestic no Kanojo. No thinking required.

Hey,don't diss DomeKano,I'm still looking for loli pics of Hina and Rui,crap,I swear my fingers just try to drop me in it one way or another :)
True. I just said that because that other guy was whining about Isekai, so I really wanted to point him to a current slice of life, but I couldn’t bring one to mind, so I picked Domestic Girlfriend out of thin air.
Jan 23, 2019 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
well raphtalia getting thiccer and naofumigetting softer basically

Well...
Jan 23, 2019 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
these others heros are dickheads my lord
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2019 1:33 PM

Nov 2017
NoviSun said:
Starhammer said:

True. I just said that because that other guy was whining about Isekai, so I really wanted to point him to a current slice of life, but I couldn’t bring one to mind, so I picked Domestic Girlfriend out of thin air.

Nice air pick then :) - kudos to you :)
Never understood why so many seem to like whining so much about Isekai anime.Some of my happiest times have been in other worlds.
StarhammerJan 23, 2019 1:36 PM
Jan 23, 2019 1:34 PM

Mar 2011
1/5 crap episode
no loli, no score

Traded cute loli for this annoying bitch. Screw this, I can almost smell the cuckery and conformism to normie manufactured fake tastes.
Jan 23, 2019 1:39 PM
Apr 2016
Daemon said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Heroes from modern societies (they are from different Japans, maybe even ones where female are actually respected) are supposed to bear modern values - protecting females from male predators, which is statistically more frequent than the false accusations.

This isn't about statistics, wtf? You need proof when you make a rape accusation, even in our world today.

They are new to this world and they don't know how things work, then there is a manipulative thot who played one nice guy like fiddle. And I personally do not remember anywhere in the series that it has been stated for kingdom to be a matriarchy.

It is something I have heard from those lesser users who tried to use that as an argument against the series.

I am not going to argue the writing level of this series, as it is THE THIRD EPISODE OUT OF 12+.

Which is why I said that so far, the three heroes are presented as the villains.

I will repeat, however, that your perception of the characters is flawed. You are instead trying to come up with some psychological games of why they keep on going with the flow.

You've yet to provide a counter argument, though. You can't just say "hurr durr your perception is flawed" and expect anyone to take you seriously in a debate.

...And complementing sweet girls while trying to protect them from a known, even if unproven offender is now a villain trait... I am out.

Don't act ignorant here. A character who sided with the enemy (the rape girl) is now making unsolicited romantic advances on the main character's only friend and partner, and it's not like all he said was, "Watch out, that guy is a (unproven) rapist." He flirted with her. Anyone with half a brain can realize that this is obviously meant to pain(t?) the Spear Hero in a negative manner.

... I told you I am out. Until you fix the mentioned problem, I will not waste my nerve cells and internet traffic.
1 - ...
2 - ...
3 - Good day to you sir!
Re:formed
Jan 23, 2019 1:43 PM

Dec 2016
Very good episode, but man are they flying through the novel. Like this third episode is already 85% through a like 300 paged light novel lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 23, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2016
Glad to see that one of my favorite light novels is actually getting a good adaptation

The fight might seem hard to follow for some people but it was meant to be that way to showcase how Naofumi and Raphtalia are fighting as one, if you didn't like it it's completely fine but I for one loved it

Next episode should be a great episode, especially for those of you who are fans of Raphtalia

(who am I kidding, we're all fans of Raphtalia!)
Jan 23, 2019 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
What have they done to Naofumi? Lol he looks like one of those typical tsundere anime heroes who fight for even the people who hate him. What happens to all the rage and hate? He's supposed to be so bitter at this point he won't even notice that Raphtalia grew up.

Call him anxiety, but this is part of his character, he's full of rage and hatred toward everyone around him and he doesn't even trust Raphtalia herself at this point either. In the anime he sound like cool big bro who can deal with everything you throw at him with cool head.

Next episode won't have the same impact if they keep portraying Naofumi is such positive light!
Jan 23, 2019 1:59 PM

Sep 2018
The animation was alright, though it was a bit weird seeing the enemies just standing there when they should be moving. I like how the adaptation shows how resourceful Naofumi was during the wave until Raphtalia arrived in Lute Village and how his actions won over few of the royal knights.
Jan 23, 2019 2:01 PM

Nov 2011
Before I start responding to people, I just want to say I thought the episode was above average, sure it had its flaws when it came to monsters standing menacingly at villagers frozen with fear. Other than that, there really wasn't that many issues that haven't been discussed before. Also to the LN and Manga readers, the lack of 'angst' can be annoying, but you forget that in at least the LN, all that angst is INNER MONOLOGUE.

Daemon said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Don't act ignorant here. A character who sided with the enemy (the rape girl) is now making unsolicited romantic advances on the main character's only friend and partner, and it's not like all he said was, "Watch out, that guy is a (unproven) rapist." He flirted with her. Anyone with half a brain can realize that this is obviously meant to pain the Spear Hero in a negative manner.

As to the point on proof when making a rape accusation, the world of Shield Hero is not our world, and there is a very good explanation as to why the soldiers, the nobles, townsfolk all easily believe Myne with hardly any evidence other than a ripped dress and her testimony. And that should be revealed by next episode, unless they want to make it a big reveal.

Kougeru said:
The main story with the waves is so generic and boring. So is having MC be the "true hero" of the people while the others focused 100% on killing without caring about the villagers. Making everyone hate Naofumi was a a nice twist but they're just gonna use generic and bland tropes to make everyone like him.

Then they got rid of loli Raph. Shame. But more annoying is that she's still a slave. Why doesn't he free her? She'd clearly stick with him but he won't free her. I can accept slavery in fiction when it's done for a purpose. That purpose was already served. He should've set her free already. At this point it just feels like they're trying to paint slavery as a good thing.

TLDR: it's feeling again like yet another author self-insert Isekai except instead of being super OP (though he no doubt is), he has slaves attack for him. Just feels like a lazy self-insert story like most Isekai light novels. All the hype seemed to have got my expectations too high.

First off, no that purpose has not already been served, and they're not trying to paint slavery as a good thing. If you actually watched the episode, he is still very much bitter and angry about being betrayed by Myne, and none of the other heroes believing in him. And the night before the wave it's very heavily implied that if he told Raphtalia what happened, he doesn't think she would believe him. Thus meaning that he still has issues with trusting people, ESPECIALLY Raphtalia.

Secondly, did you even watch any of the episodes? I seriously doubt this if you feel like it's a 'lazy self insert' series.

zwolf12 said:
I have a question for LN or Manga reader.
For me the hatred the people throw at him feels extremely forced, is there a reason for them to be that mean? Especially when he is helping people it seems extremely unlikely for people to still hold a grudge heavy enough to fuck themselves over.
Especially the people that know or at least are aware that he is accused without any evidence have no reason to act the way they are other than being assholes and even that should have some limits especially when it comes to live and death situation.
Is there any way to explain the amount of hatred that is so far of the charts?

It should be revealed right around when the two regal looking female characters show up, with the current pacing of 4ish episodes per book (this could change at any time starting with next week's or the week after that's episode), it could be a bit of time before it's shown.

Jaboka said:
This is so aggrivating, when will he clear his name? When he was accused of raping he could have done several things. Come on.
Swear on his honor and his life
Ask for investigators to investigate his missing items and the rooms, and the story of that dreadful human trash.
Call upon his status as a hero and at least make people doubt that he did it and check into her background, weather she is a thief or pulled something similar before.
Maybe even try to appease to her and that disgusting creep's sense of guilt and tell them that making light of this is extremely offensive and making fun of people who actually have been raped. Just for a month's money or whatever.
Also is impeding one of the heroes, who were LITERALLY summoned here just for 1 job - to save the world. They are basically trying to burn the world! For a MONTH's worth of supplies! WTF!
Probably other things that could have been done too. OR AT LEAST SOMETHING.
Come on!

You're forgetting that he's in a different world, that treats law and order vastly different from ours. If I had to guess, the time period of the world of Shield Hero, it would be somewhere between the 10th and 12th century, in correlation to our world's history. A time where; do process, right to a trial by one's peers, right to an attorney, habeas corpus, etc. are all none existent. So that if the King so chose, he could have executed Naofumi just on the grounds of the accusation. Hell he could have just kept Naofumi locked up until the wave happened, and order his knights to not aide him at all.

And even if there were 'investigators' at that time period, what money would he give them in payment? And whose to say he would even trust them in the first place to believe that they won't screw him over just as much as Myne and the others had?
Jan 23, 2019 2:10 PM

Apr 2007
Grownup Raphtalia is still a cutiepie

Great episode, no complaints from me.
Jan 23, 2019 2:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This adaptation surpassed my expectations!
I couldnt feel the direness of the wave itself while reading, but here it was really tense, and also this combat animation for Naofumi and Rapthtalia fighting together, it was really done with proper care.
After episode 2 last week I picked up the LN and have read to volume 4 so far, and this just makes me full of joy, seeing them doing it like this!

Talia is such a nice girl, best girl for sure, this is arc is amazing, and I m glad they didnt end this on a cliffhanger.

Also like how they are doing the little details, like they level up, and we just see it on scream smoothly, without breaking imersion from what just happened.

May rewatch this rather soon, Talia was soo adorable~~

As for adaptation, it seems like we may get 4 episodes per volume, so it should at least end around volume 6 it seems.

Devil_Slayer said:
What have they done to Naofumi? Lol he looks like one of those typical tsundere anime heroes who fight for even the people who hate him. What happens to all the rage and hate? He's supposed to be so bitter at this point he won't even notice that Raphtalia grew up.

Call him anxiety, but this is part of his character, he's full of rage and hatred toward everyone around him and he doesn't even trust Raphtalia herself at this point either. In the anime he sound like cool big bro who can deal with everything you throw at him with cool head.

Next episode won't have the same impact if they keep portraying Naofumi is such positive light!

I was quite shocked when I read the LN and realized how ugly he saw the world, and even Talia by this point, only thinking of her as a tool, it would never be easy to adapt that thing, if they did it his behavior, it would only seem to us like he was a total asshole out of nowhere, I understand your point, but it wouldnt work without monologues.
PlaycoolJan 23, 2019 2:43 PM
Jan 23, 2019 2:36 PM
Dec 2014
The animation is kinda annoying (for example, everyone stands still in the village while screaming and doing actually nothing), but I love the rest, good story :P
Jan 23, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2016
thekillfra said:
Jak said:

it seems the erotic dream of an otaku to have slaves who want to remain his slaves, if it is true that the author is a woman, she must know well the tastes of her audience
I think it was just to show her loyalty.
Jan 23, 2019 2:42 PM

Oct 2016
Chailles said:
Swagernator said:
So this is how it will be always ? MC doing "hero's" work, while heroes doing just ... stuff, but getting all the credits for it ?

Kinda meh.

I mean, while I don't particularly think of the other Heroes as actual heroes, they did stop the invasion. And it's not like Naofumi isn't treated as a hero, he's just not treated as a hero by the government. As you could see in this episode, the villagers treated him like an actual hero.
Yep, this first wave started him winning the hearts of the people.
Jan 23, 2019 2:57 PM

Jul 2014
Playcool said:
This adaptation surpassed my expectations!
I couldnt feel the direness of the wave itself while reading, but here it was really tense, and also this combat animation for Naofumi and Rapthtalia fighting together, it was really done with proper care.
After episode 2 last week I picked up the LN and have read to volume 4 so far, and this just makes me full of joy, seeing them doing it like this!

Talia is such a nice girl, best girl for sure, this is arc is amazing, and I m glad they didnt end this on a cliffhanger.

Also like how they are doing the little details, like they level up, and we just see it on scream smoothly, without breaking imersion from what just happened.

May rewatch this rather soon, Talia was soo adorable~~

As for adaptation, it seems like we may get 4 episodes per volume, so it should at least end around volume 6 it seems.

Devil_Slayer said:

I was quite shocked when I read the LN and realized how ugly he saw the world, and even Talia by this point, only thinking of her as a tool, it would never be easy to adapt that thing, if they did it his behavior, it would only seem to us like he was a total asshole out of nowhere, I understand your point, but it wouldnt work without monologues.

This is what I am saying, WE NEED MORE "monologues" I don't know what up with anime these days cutting out some of the characters monologues that make them look much deeper than the surface.

I wouldn't mind if they made Naofumi "softer" tbh but he needs to be this cruel full of hatred guy for the next few events to feel more impactful at least.
Jan 23, 2019 3:04 PM

Sep 2015
I decided to watch this show due to it having a decent enough Isekai premise AND because its being done by Kinema Citrus (they did Made in Abyss, a masterpiece IMO). So far, the sound and animation are at least a 9/10, as I am expecting from Kinema Citrus after their riveting work for Made in Abyss. With that said, I also love the character designs, and while this may be an average Isekai concept I have taken a liking to it nonetheless. With all this said, I want this show to be REALLY good, it has a lot of potential to become one of the best Isekai out there... but I also feel it has potential to become a second (much improved upon in every aspect) coming of SAO.

Remember in 2016 when re:zero was huge? Well although it wasn't the first Isekai to do this, re:zero for me was memorable due to having a FLAWED cast of characters, specifically the male lead. Other aspects of re:zero, however, prevent it from reaching its full potential... even if it had the often lacking character development.

Provided the storyline for this show has PROPER PACING (I'm a little concerned given the time jump) and is grounded in the plot naturally unfolding rather than the plot being what exclusively drives the characters, character development in this show will be my biggest concern.

Raphtalia's change in appearance I assumed was because she leveled up, however, I'm not sure why she's much more outgoing in the span of just a week. I might've liked to see some development between then, but as a girl who's gone through unspeakable trauma, for her character to be grounded in reality I feel she needs to maintain some (preferably non-cliched) emotional vulnerability. As for Naofumi, while his character development will be vital to the shows continued progress, I pray that his development done is slowly, steadily, and properly... rushing his character to embrace the status of an all heroic hero could have dire consequences for the show.

Lastly, concerning the rest of the cast. IMO, there NEEDS to be a redeemable NON-FOIL supporting character. I feel to become more immersed in the show on a personal level, I believe that there's no way every character we've been introduced to is a bad person. I would also be curious to see the other three heroes and how they develop, even if just briefly.

Anyway, for now, I'll be giving the show a 6/10... but this show has a LARGE amount of potential still. If this show can turn things in the right direction, it certainly could become a nominee for AOTS.... unfortunately its still way too soon to tell!
Check out my custom anime list theme here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1768732
Jan 23, 2019 3:20 PM
Apr 2016
First wave! We've been waiting for it... Well, it was intense... Some character development between the main characters.
Jan 23, 2019 3:28 PM
Dec 2009
Where is my loli?
I guess physically grownup loli Raphtalia is my new seasonal Best Girl.
Jan 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Apr 2007
AuraStormLucario said:

Raphtalia's change in appearance I assumed was because she leveled up, however, I'm not sure why she's much more outgoing in the span of just a week. I might've liked to see some development between then, but as a girl who's gone through unspeakable trauma, for her character to be grounded in reality I feel she needs to maintain some (preferably non-cliched) emotional vulnerability. As for Naofumi, while his character development will be vital to the shows continued progress, I pray that his development done is slowly, steadily, and properly... rushing his character to embrace the status of an all heroic hero could have dire consequences for the show.

She did cry knowing that she saved some children having to go through the same hardships she had to go through. I imagine she also cried in part because she won't be able to get her family back. Needless to say, Raphtalia is a tough girl. I don't know exactly how long she's been a slave for but she also had a period in her life where she was treated well by her parents and the other demi-humans of that village. Raphtalia's true personality is the upbeat one you see now, while her personality in the previous two episodes was a defense mechanism against her previous masters. It's not mentioned in the anime, but one of the reasons Raphtalia was reluctant to admit she wanted food or the ball or why she tried to remain as docile as possible...is because her previous masters would beat her out of anger if she ever showed signs of happiness.
Jan 23, 2019 3:49 PM
Sep 2018
Need to get myself a racoon daughter
Jan 23, 2019 3:59 PM

Sep 2015
Killuan said:
AuraStormLucario said:

She did cry knowing that she saved some children having to go through the same hardships she had to go through. I imagine she also cried in part because she won't be able to get her family back. Needless to say, Raphtalia is a tough girl. I don't know exactly how long she's been a slave for but she also had a period in her life where she was treated well by her parents and the other demi-humans of that village. Raphtalia's true personality is the upbeat one you see now, while her personality in the previous two episodes was a defense mechanism against her previous masters. It's not mentioned in the anime, but one of the reasons Raphtalia was reluctant to admit she wanted food or the ball or why she tried to remain as docile as possible...is because her previous masters would beat her out of anger if she ever showed signs of happiness.

Those are all really good points... to be perfectly honest, I didn't see Raphtalia cry. I'll have to re-watch the episode, if I missed that detail I'm sure I missed others too. I can't say for sure, but I hope you're right in saying that the upbeat nature is Raphtalia's true personality. I just hope the show won't completely and utterly ignore the trauma she's gone through, I want it to get the attention that at this point (only having watched the anime) I believe it should deserve.
Check out my custom anime list theme here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1768732
Jan 23, 2019 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder what the Smith was going to say about Demi's, I don't mind spoilers if anyone can tell me.
Jan 23, 2019 4:08 PM

Oct 2017
I thought this episode was good. I enjoyed the combat scenes but like others have said I wish the monster were constantly in battle and not standing over cornered people. Did I not comprehend what was said in the first episode about how the sacred items couldn't be used near each other? How come the other three heroes were able to fight the one boss monster then?
Jan 23, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2015
I absolutely love Naofumi as a main character. This series just seems to get better and better. Absolutely love the opening as well. I'm super excited to see how the series progresses, and I'm really interested in how the other heroes lives end up (excluding the spear dude, screw him).
Jan 23, 2019 4:14 PM
Aug 2017
KanameYuuki said:
I wonder what the Smith was going to say about Demi's, I don't mind spoilers if anyone can tell me.

He was going to tell him that Demi humans grow physically and mentally with their levels,they stop growing with levels when they reach their prime physically
Jan 23, 2019 4:17 PM
Aug 2017
BlaveBliss said:
I thought this episode was good. I enjoyed the combat scenes but like others have said I wish the monster were constantly in battle and not standing over cornered people. Did I not comprehend what was said in the first episode about how the sacred items couldn't be used near each other? How come the other three heroes were able to fight the one boss monster then?

Indeed,the monsters standing around ruined it a bit.Afaik the sacred weapons can be used near each other just that they will level slowly if they are nearby and in a party
Jan 23, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2007
AuraStormLucario said:
Killuan said:

Those are all really good points... to be perfectly honest, I didn't see Raphtalia cry. I'll have to re-watch the episode, if I missed that detail I'm sure I missed others too. I can't say for sure, but I hope you're right in saying that the upbeat nature is Raphtalia's true personality. I just hope the show won't completely and utterly ignore the trauma she's gone through, I want it to get the attention that at this point (only having watched the anime) I believe it should deserve.

It's at the very end of the episode. Perhaps you closed out of the anime a little too soon. Naofumi and Raphtalia have very good chemistry and Raphtalia still has moments where she reminisces about her past and has moments of weakness because of it. I don't think the anime will disappoint you in that regard.
Jan 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Sep 2015
Killuan said:
AuraStormLucario said:

It's at the very end of the episode. Perhaps you closed out of the anime a little too soon. Naofumi and Raphtalia have very good chemistry and Raphtalia still has moments where she reminisces about her past and has moments of weakness because of it. I don't think the anime will disappoint you in that regard.

I'll check it out, thank you! I'm glad to hear that the characters stay grounded and realistic in nature. I sincerely hope this anime has what it takes to become masterpiece.
Jan 23, 2019 4:55 PM
Apr 2013
AuraStormLucario said:

... to be perfectly honest, I didn't see Raphtalia cry. I'll have to re-watch the episode, if I missed that detail I'm sure I missed others too.

Synchronisity said:
Shield Hero's ED is my favourite of winter season. If there is a subtitled version of it, link me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYxyVg6MKjw

OP lyrics is Naofumi's POV, ED lyrics is Raphtalia's.
Jan 23, 2019 4:56 PM
Mar 2018
I loved this episode!!! I loved Raphtalia's growth and I hope that Naofumi will come to trust her fully soon. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 23, 2019 5:08 PM
Nov 2017
Really liked this episode, it had decent cg and a really nice looking fight scene with naofumi and raph. Raphtalia is best girl and it’s cool to see her growing up. The scene with the other three heroes was really good. The feeling of anger at the fact that he was wrongfully punished was really well done. Excited to see where this goes.
Jan 23, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
Those other heroes may be jerks but damn they are way cooler than Naofumi at the moment. But that saving the village thing he did was impressive and I must say he is starting to look the part of a hero now.

Raphtalia sure has gotten bolder towards her surroundings including with Naofumi, but I see it as being forward.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 23, 2019 5:16 PM

May 2017
Another great episode even though I get the feeling some things are being skipped. The dynamic duos combination in battle is getting good, can't wait to see the pairs development going into future episodes.
Jan 23, 2019 5:20 PM

May 2015
ACornelis said:
BlakexEkalb said:

>Assuming your opinion is superior to everyone else because everyone else enjoyed the show

Someone doesn't like a show getting popularity.

Lol, what a sad and delusional interpretation of what i said.

I actually enjoyed the show for the first 2 episodes atleast to some extent but this episode was garbage.

I mean, he wasn't too far off. You're saying that the episode was objectively bad and that anyone who liked it wasn't paying attention. Pretty elitist if you ask me.

Jan 23, 2019 5:26 PM
Oct 2018
what is the chapter of the latest episode
Jan 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
Khal_Russ said:
what is the chapter of the latest episode

Chapter 5-6, enjoy, I'd advice to not get tempted and read ahead, NEP is gonna be a roller coaster.
Jan 23, 2019 5:53 PM
Jan 2019
what the fuck that loli become woman out of nowhere?
and here i thought the MC will become an anti-hero, but nope even he already betrayed and got some shit from the kingdom's knights he still wanted to protect the knights instead of let them die. I dont feel anything from this episode, boring fights too. Just like that dude from before, this show is going to be SAO v2
Jan 23, 2019 6:05 PM

Feb 2017
Another super fun episode loli raf no more now she levels up a lot she has turned into teen raf
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

544 by FuchsiaBC »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.