Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 20, 2018 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
MAL never ceases to surprise me, I guess?
I mean, this show is rather mehdiocre Mono/Oreiro ripoff with cringelord MC.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2018 12:59 AM

Jul 2015
Its enjoyable and people like main characters coz they have some unique quirks but thats all there is to it show alone is mediocre as you were saying

Well...
Dec 20, 2018 1:07 AM

Feb 2013
How is MC cringe? I like how genuine he is about being a wierdo, he literally doesn't give a fuck about it. I do think the show borderlines on harem a bit too much, and the sister dynamic is a bit too silly sometimes, but characters are pretty good all around. Considering MAL tends to overrate a bit, I'd say this earns an 8/10 average, while the .63 extra is just the current airing high
Dec 20, 2018 1:08 AM

Dec 2013
Loathsome said:
Its enjoyable and people like main characters coz they have some unique quirks but thats all there is to it show alone is mediocre as you were saying

I used to like these characters too. The thing is, they get boring with time.
Also, the dialogues are repetitive af.
Dec 20, 2018 1:12 AM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed the first arc and didnt mind the second one. But it just gets worse with every episode. A 13 episode anime is too short to have 5 arcs in it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
Sometimes we just get a mediocre anime that randomly gets hyped out of nowhere, that's just how it is on MAL.
Dec 20, 2018 1:14 AM

Feb 2018
ig this show just appeals to a lot of users; school setting, moe mc :shrug: it's pretty mediocre imo as well.

Dec 20, 2018 1:15 AM

Jul 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Loathsome said:

I like how they manage to pull it off and being enjoyable while its clearly a rip off of some popular series so i gave it a solid 7
Pozdrawiam ;3

Well...
Dec 20, 2018 1:22 AM

Jul 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Loathsome said:

another edgelord thread. What have you done

Dec 20, 2018 1:26 AM

May 2013
And the MAL community never ceases to amaze me with score-bitching.

To make your life easier, multiply the score by 10 and treat it as a percentage % as to whether you will like the show or not. Unless you know of the tr00 way to interpret a random number assigned to it.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 20, 2018 1:35 AM
Feb 2015
Ratings aren't supposed to conform to your opinion, that's not how ratings work mate
Dec 20, 2018 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
@Loathsome did nothing wrong he likes the series tho i mean i do

Well...
Dec 20, 2018 1:41 AM

Jul 2016
Its ok to find it boring, but come on its 2months airing. Now you concern to the score bcuz its rate high.

Dec 20, 2018 1:54 AM

Dec 2013
chriskor022 said:
Its ok to find it boring, but come on its 2months airing. Now you concern to the score bcuz its rate high.

It wasn't this high before. Also, this show seemed quite a good at first.
I really don't get the correlation here. It gets worse and worse with each arc, but the score is actually getting higher. Weird af.

Loathsome said:
I like how they manage to pull it off and being enjoyable while its clearly a rip off of some popular series so i gave it a solid 7
Pozdrawiam ;3

;3
Dec 20, 2018 1:58 AM

Jul 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
chriskor022 said:

It wasn't this high before. Also, this show seemed quite a good at first.
I really don't get the correlation here. It gets worse and worse with each arc, but the score is actually getting higher. Weird af.

its bcuz of new user that watch it and catching up and getting recommendation. And its not bad, getting better imo. The new arc about the sister is good like mai arc.

Dec 20, 2018 2:04 AM

Oct 2010
Kamiyan3991 said:
MAL never ceases to surprise me, I guess?
I mean, this show is rather mehdiocre Mono/Oreiro ripoff with cringelord MC.

you are 100% correct
lots of music -
Dec 20, 2018 2:26 AM

May 2015
Maybe it's an adolescence syndrome. Give it time, people might come to their senses later.
Dec 20, 2018 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
I mean who wouldn't want to see a male character roastin' female characters with an "indifferent about everything" attitude? Well, the answer is obvious when you take the audience, rather anime fans, in general, into account.

Anyways, I don't care about the scores so it doesn't bother me at all.
Dec 20, 2018 3:47 AM

Oct 2010
KatsutoSaki said:
I mean who wouldn't want to see a male character roastin' female characters with an "indifferent about everything" attitude? Well, the answer is obvious when you take the audience, rather anime fans, in general, into account.

its not their attitude that bothers me , its the cringy forced magical bullshit plot
lots of music -
Dec 20, 2018 4:26 AM

Jun 2015
Yeah this anime is indeed overrated, the shitty "scientific explanations" always get on my nerves, the bunny girl thing seemed kind of forced and overall it's not that impressive but it's definitely not bad.
The MC is not cringy ( I don't know why you think so btw ), most of the characters are very likeable, if you forget the "scientific explanations" the plot becomes entertaining, the OP is nice and the visuals are perfect.
Here is some articles that someone showed me that adds a little plus to the visual side :
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/11/14-1/anime-vs-real-life-rascal-does-not-dream-of-bunny-girl-senpai
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/11/28/anime-vs-real-life-rascal-does-not-dream-of-bunny-girl-senpai-part-2
So yeah the anime is not what a lot of people claim that it is but it's not as bad as you say.
Anyway I think the score will drop a little after it's completed.
I'll finish by saying stop blaming MAL for everything. This anime is being hyped everywhere actually on anime planet the score is even higher.

Dec 20, 2018 5:02 AM
Mar 2008
This is the best anime this season. At least it started out that way, but this last arc has made the anime fall off a little bit. Too little Sakuta Mai action for last arc.
Dec 20, 2018 5:34 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
This just in: Local user thinks their opinion matters more than the entire collective audience of a show for the 986th time this year. More at 6.

Nah but seriously, while I understand the need to lash out when you feel something ruffle your jimmies, you need to express it better. The MAL score is indicative of what the whole audience thinks, each with their own individual opinion ranging from good to bad like yours, same as any and all anime on this site. That's a fact. It's not wrong because it's different. I thought Steins;Gate 0 was terrible but you don't see me wailing against the score. That's just what other people thought, it shouldn't make any difference to yourself.

Start a proper discussion about its faults and understand what people do seem to overwhelmingly like about it rather than a lazy shitpost.
Dec 20, 2018 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
It doesn't deserve this score. Should be much higher
Dec 20, 2018 5:57 AM

Aug 2016
Like Shymander already said, creating a post like this is kinda pointless, all you do is saying "I don't like this show, so it should not have the score it has right now" and do we really need more threads like that?
I mean there are clearly enough people who do like the show, that's why the score is that high, that should be obvious. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but what does ranting about the score accomplish?
Dec 20, 2018 6:55 AM

Dec 2013
Shymander said:
Start a proper discussion about its faults and understand what people do seem to overwhelmingly like about it rather than a lazy shitpost.

Excuse me, but why would I ask obvi. questions? To elaborate, everyone knows what people like about SAO. Everyone knows what people like about TLR.
I mean, it's plain as day.

I'm not asking what's the reason behind it. I'm just shocked that having one alrighty main girl and half-assed magic plot is enough to get super high score.
This hype also came out of nowhere.
Kamiyan3991Dec 20, 2018 7:04 AM
Dec 20, 2018 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
Complaining about score, typical MAL.

Dec 20, 2018 7:21 AM

May 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
Shymander said:

Excuse me, but why would I ask obvi. questions? To elaborate, everyone knows what people like about SAO. Everyone knows what people like about TLR.
I mean, it's plain as day.

I'm not asking what's the reason behind it. I'm just shocked that having one alrighty main girl and half-assed magic plot is enough to get super high score.
This hype also came out of nowhere.

Then you need to post a review about it instead of posting it in a discussion thread, as you are expressing your shock and disappointment about the show.

The show is shit. Ok. What is the following discussion after that? It's obvious that users will call you out for not formulating any argument from your side to support your criticism (even if it is subjective). This is a discussion thread/forum where you posted after all.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 20, 2018 7:34 AM

Dec 2013
There's no need to elaborate from the very first post tho. You usually tl;dr post like that.
And don't get so butthurt about it, fam.
Dec 20, 2018 7:40 AM

May 2013
I haven't even watched the show lmao
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 20, 2018 7:56 AM
Jan 2015
This is a forum, not a blog post. If you won't try to encourage discussion mods will just take down the thread. Also scores don't hurt you, so get over it.
My Queens

Dec 20, 2018 8:41 AM

Jan 2016
Personally, i don't think the plot or everything about the anime is special. But it's enjoyable. Atleast when i don't think the anime as the monogatari ripoff and just get along with the plot and characters without caring about how predictable it's actually is, it is very enjoyable.

and the majority of the community maybe also think so- then there you go, it got that score. Plus, they got another 'waifus war', the biggest bullshit every season, so it raised the score up little bit. ;)
Dec 20, 2018 9:28 AM

Sep 2016
"This anime is overrated" - basically in forum of EVERY anime that has score > 7.0
Dec 20, 2018 9:36 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I stopped looking at the score a while ago and simply want to form my own opinion about an anime, regardless of what the community thinks about it. It's highly unlikely that everyone on the site shares an opinion with me, so why should I wonder about a score?

An anime doesn't have to be special to be good, and as long as it's enjoyable, that's okay with me. I can say for myself that I enjoy this show a lot.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Dec 20, 2018 10:16 AM

Sep 2018
incisorr said:
KatsutoSaki said:

its not their attitude that bothers me , its the cringy forced magical bullshit plot

I wont say the show is a masterpiece but definitely one of the best newcomer this season. The Puberty syndrome and its explanation is not that good but still these Characters are well written and i basically like every girl.
Sakuta is ok i guess...
Dec 20, 2018 10:22 AM

Sep 2017
Maybe it's high because people appreciate the anime ?

Everyone has a different opinion and yours is certainly not the only one that counts
YOU think that show is mediocre, but it seems that 51% to 74% of people think it's pretty good
Dec 20, 2018 10:26 AM

May 2015
Aww, does baby need his bottle?

Dec 20, 2018 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
-Mahesvara said:
This is a forum, not a blog post. If you won't try to encourage discussion mods will just take down the thread. Also scores don't hurt you, so get over it.

Why do you act like a mod though? You're simple user, so get over it.
Honestly, what's wrong with you people? I don't need to write much if you already get the point. Jeez.

Themousen said:

You don't need to give it 10 only 'cause you like it. There's no such thing as objective opinion, but we know, right? However, your score should be at least comprehensible. It's really weird to rate it 9/10 while it has zero originality. Like, literally.

Dec 20, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Mahesvara said:

Honestly, what's wrong with you people? I don't need to write much if you already get the point. Jeez.

Themousen said:

You don't need to give it 10 only 'cause you like it. There's no such thing as objective opinion, but we know, right? However, your score should be at least comprehensible. It's really weird to rate it 9/10 while it has zero originality. Like, literally.

So you acknowledge that there's no such thing as an objective opinion, but then you say it has zero originality as if it's a fact? Lol.

Dec 20, 2018 11:06 AM

Sep 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Mahesvara said:

Themousen said:

Why not though ? There's no rules about the notation of an anime so I don't see the problem of giving a 10 if you really enjoyed an anime
Dec 20, 2018 11:12 AM

Dec 2013
Themousen said:
Why not though ? There's no rules about the notation of an anime so I don't see the problem of giving a 10 if you really enjoyed an anime

There's common sense tho. Look, does your "10" mean anything if you just give it freely?
Dec 20, 2018 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
Personally, I don't really get it either.

I'm no fan of neither Monogatari nor Oregairu and yet both of these shows still seem far superior to Bunny Girl in almost every category (which is even worse considering I dropped it when it was apparently still at its "best"). I don't really like to use the term fan-pandering very often but I don't see anything beyond that in this show. The story is just a laughable copy of others, the characters are exactly like from every other LN to anime adaptation ever and the dialogue is just so artificially crafted I almost cringed myself to death - all of that in order of making the MC a "cool, calm and rightenous" dude who takes all of his archetypical waifulus.

Obviously, this is just my opinion, and I get that the character interactions and dialogue may appeal to a lot of people beside me. But the score is still way off imo. No way this is by any means better than almost all anime it stole ideas from.

Kamiyan3991 said:
Themousen said:

There's common sense tho. Look, does your "10" mean anything if you just give it freely?

Questioning people's scores is just a lost cause on MAL imo. I wish people had a bit more depth in their ranking system too but personally I'd leave this topic out of the equation. It brings no results 99% of the time.
Tomm01pDec 20, 2018 11:21 AM

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Dec 20, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Mahesvara said:

Themousen said:

Maybe if you weren't that busy crying because the show u don't like gets an high score u'd get what's original about this show, and anyway the fact that you think a show needs to be original to deserve a high score is dumb in the first place. You can make an amazing show about an already known concept, originality alone means shit.

Anyway why do we need hundreds of post about people crying for the popularity of this show?
Can't all the cancer in this community gather in a single place at least?
Dec 20, 2018 11:21 AM
Jan 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Mahesvara said:

Themousen said:

I'm not, I'm just stating the facts since this thread is breaking the forum rules. Just don't cry when this thread gets taken down.

Damn you're really insecure about these ratings. News flash, people have different opinions. Also saying there is no objective opinion, but then you turn around an say its wierd to score it 9 or above, because you don't believe it has any originality(when others might believe otherwise or they just really like it for the execution, characters, or other reasons)? Hypocritical much?
My Queens

Dec 20, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
Themousen said:

I think it means something for yourself, at least, and that's all that matters

If you rate a show without any common sense, well...too bad for you but you're the only one to blame
In general I don't think people who are mature enough rate show freely without thinking a little about it

Also, you're complaining about the originality of the show

Well, it's subjective, of course, but I do find this show original : I've never seen Sakuta's personality in any other anime, same for Mai. Never saw either the incredible alchemy between 2 characters, 2 lovers, except maybe in Spice and Wolf but that was in a different way still
I've never seen an anime with that kind of plot, mixing slice of life, romance and exploring the struggles and problems of adolescence

Seishun Buta Yaoru may not be original for you, but it certainly is for me
DamuzenDec 20, 2018 11:26 AM
Dec 25, 2018 6:16 AM
Dec 2018
Shymander said:
This just in: Local user thinks their opinion matters more than the entire collective audience of a show for the 986th time this year. More at 6.

Nah but seriously, while I understand the need to lash out when you feel something ruffle your jimmies, you need to express it better. The MAL score is indicative of what the whole audience thinks, each with their own individual opinion ranging from good to bad like yours, same as any and all anime on this site. That's a fact. It's not wrong because it's different. I thought Steins;Gate 0 was terrible but you don't see me wailing against the score. That's just what other people thought, it shouldn't make any difference to yourself.

WHY CANT I UPVOTE THIS?
Dec 25, 2018 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
Shadzzo said:
I really enjoyed the first arc and didnt mind the second one. But it just gets worse with every episode. A 13 episode anime is too short to have 5 arcs in it.
Same. It started really well, but right now it's just an ok show. The score will definitely go down after the last episode
Dec 25, 2018 7:29 AM

Sep 2014
ZeebaJeeba said:
Shymander said:

WHY CANT I UPVOTE THIS?

Because we're on a forum, not on your facebook front page.
Dec 25, 2018 7:31 AM
Apr 2016
The first and second arc were the sole ones I enjoyed. I don't understand how people can not get bored of it, it just feels repetitive...
Dec 25, 2018 7:32 AM
Nov 2018
I waiting for long time for this anime,, and now i can download Batch and watch full episode... Hahahah... Seishun buta yarou last eps on 27desember right
Dec 25, 2018 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
thiago52192 said:
Shadzzo said:
Same. It started really well, but right now it's just an ok show. The score will definitely go down after the last episode

It won't get down right after the last episode. It will most likely take a year or two for people to actually realize it's just another generic anime so the score can get below 8. I'm quite surprised by the amount of new fans coming here recently.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.