Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Darwin's Game' Receives TV Anime Adaptation

New
Nov 7, 2018 7:32 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The wraparound band on the 16th volume of FLIPFLOPs' Darwin's Game manga revealed on Thursday that the series will be adapted into a TV anime. Aniplex simultaneously opened an official website for the anime series, revealing a teaser visual (pictured).

Synopsis
Ordinary high school student Kaname Sudou receives an invitation for a mysterious application called Darwin's Game. Upon launching the application, Kaname becomes involved in a game where players use a range of special abilities to battle. Unbeknownst to the incidence, facing powerful players in battles, can Kaname overcome and survive the game?

The action mystery began its serialization in Bessatsu Shounen Champion in December 2012. Akita Shoten shipped the 15th volume on August 8. Darwin's Game has a cumulative 2 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

Announcement

Official site: https://darwins-game.com/
Official Twitter: @d_game_official

Source: PR Times

Darwin's Game on MAL
VindstotOct 9, 2019 8:55 PM

Nov 7, 2018 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
With this being under Aniplex, hopefully that means it'll have a decent production at least.

Nov 7, 2018 8:36 PM

Oct 2018
Isn't this basically the same concept as King's Game? I hope this adaptation doesn't end up like it.
Nov 7, 2018 8:45 PM

Apr 2012
The past work of this author was Nekogami Yaoyorozu? Hmm, it's rather unusual to see the author yuri-ish moe title change loli to shonen thriller with a male protagonist.
Nov 7, 2018 8:57 PM

Feb 2016
I waited a long time for this news. Just hoping that they don't mess up the original story and character design
Nov 7, 2018 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
That's some amazing news. Can't wait to see Sui animated. Looks like we don't even know the studio yet but whichever one it is they better not fuck it up or I'm gonna be pissed.
Nov 7, 2018 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
I thought it was a show about evolution, but it's mirai nikki without yuno. Too many ordinary highschool boys.
Nov 7, 2018 9:13 PM

Feb 2008
Well this is interesting I like it just need more speedy translation for manga

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 7, 2018 9:13 PM

Jan 2016
Hooh, I read the manga. We'll see.
Nov 7, 2018 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
MScientist0 said:
Isn't this basically the same concept as King's Game? I hope this adaptation doesn't end up like it.

I wonder why you likened it to that instead of the numerous battle royale anime/manga we've had.

Nov 7, 2018 9:46 PM

Feb 2013
One of my favorite manga and survival. Can't wait to see it animated.

Shuka animated being the badass that she is will be amazing. I hope it's at least 2019
Nov 7, 2018 11:04 PM

Apr 2009
Another edgy shounen with battle royale in plot's stead? Good, it's been a long time since we've had something like this.
Nov 7, 2018 11:45 PM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
The past work of this author was Nekogami Yaoyorozu? Hmm, it's rather unusual to see the author yuri-ish moe title change loli to shonen thriller with a male protagonist.

It's actually two women working on a pen name. haha I always thought that it was a man
Nov 8, 2018 12:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, that’s interesting!
We’ve had plenty of similar shows but I hope this will be one that’ll manage to stand out.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 8, 2018 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
"Ordinary high school student Kaname Sudou"

Okay, thats all i can handle.
Nov 8, 2018 2:24 AM

Oct 2018
EasyGo-er said:
MScientist0 said:

I wonder why you likened it to that instead of the numerous battle royale anime/manga we've had.

Then I suppose I got the wrong impression, since I've never read the Darwin's Game manga (hence the question mark), but I plan to. Then, would it be more like Btooom and Mirai Nikki in a sense, or am I still not getting the right impression here?
Nov 8, 2018 2:53 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Something tells me that A-1 will handle this
Nov 8, 2018 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
MScientist0 said:
EasyGo-er said:

Then I suppose I got the wrong impression, since I've never read the Darwin's Game manga (hence the question mark), but I plan to. Then, would it be more like Btooom and Mirai Nikki in a sense, or am I still not getting the right impression here?

Yeah, it's more along the line of Btooom and Mirai Nikki rather than King's Game, but not so much as a battle royale as those two. Let's just say everyone got their own unique ability and the game allows them to engage each other in fights (or force them to) for points. As usual, it gets dangerous with some individuals but it's not necessarily fights to the death. There's clan-making, player rankings, special events and all though.

Antagonized said:
Something tells me that A-1 will handle this

Definitely not A-1 but I can see CloverWorks picking this up, maybe.

Nov 8, 2018 3:59 AM

Jul 2013
Swagernator said:
"Ordinary high school student Kaname Sudou"

Okay, thats all i can handle.

It's kinda funny though since the series barely spend its time on school throughout its run.

Nov 8, 2018 11:03 AM

Aug 2015
It's not that good but still quite enjoyable so i am looking forward for the anime adaption for this manga.
Nov 8, 2018 11:20 AM

Jan 2018
Super hyped for this, the manga's been on my plan to read list for 3 years now so I guess I'll be waiting for the anime.
Nov 8, 2018 6:10 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Since Aniplex is involved, at least we can be sure that it cant be worst than Ousama Game
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 9, 2018 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
I enjoy battle royale stories, and been wanting to check out the manga for awhile, so I'll for sure be watching this! I hope this will be a good adaptation because it looks like a lot of people enjoyed the manga.
Nov 10, 2018 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
This is nice. I just hope they will do it justice then it'll be an enjoyable ride :3
Nov 10, 2018 7:01 AM

Jan 2015
Hmmm.. not like SAO at all.. hmmm
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Nov 10, 2018 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
Hades_Gil said:

Hm yeah, because there's nothing like SAO
Nov 10, 2018 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
this better be good..because the plot is very generic
Nov 10, 2018 4:37 PM
Apr 2016
This may sound generic but I'm rooting for Bullsh*t detector
Nov 10, 2018 8:02 PM

Aug 2012
A lot of anime I need to check out either coming next season or next year. Gonna really get into anime again even further. I took a big break from it again. :v
Nov 11, 2018 2:04 AM

Aug 2015
Hades_Gil said:

This is nothing like SAO. It's actually happenning in reality.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Nov 12, 2018 10:32 PM

Mar 2009
For some reason I was mixing this up with some Shounen Jump title that got abruptly cancelled. I'm not sure how to feel about this except the dude looks kind of boring and his companion looks kind of generic. Could surprise (but probably wont)

Guy with the mullet looks interesting but I get the concept that something about him screams 'fodder'
Nov 13, 2018 6:40 AM

Jan 2015
caio_brb said:
Hades_Gil said:

Hm yeah, because there's nothing like SAO

Teenager gets in a game and can't go back. Game turns into a survival mission, MC surrounded by a ton of chicks. Not like SAO at all sire.
Nov 14, 2018 7:15 PM

Aug 2015
Hades_Gil said:
Teenager gets in a game and can't go back.
Are you really sure you know what you're talking about here?

Game turns into a survival mission
Your point? SAO isn't only AINCRAFT and SAO isn't the only and one to have done that, neither was it the first one.

MC surrounded by a ton of chicks.
Where? Stop inventing shit.

Not like SAO at all sire.
No. Not like SAO at all, indeed.

Nov 17, 2018 7:39 AM

Jan 2015
Tony_SansNom said:
Hades_Gil said:
Teenager gets in a game and can't go back.
Are you really sure you know what you're talking about here?

Game turns into a survival mission
Your point? SAO isn't only AINCRAFT and SAO isn't the only and one to have done that, neither was it the first one.

MC surrounded by a ton of chicks.
Where? Stop inventing shit.

Not like SAO at all sire.
No. Not like SAO at all, indeed.

Answering your 'remarks' in order.
1. Yes I do think I know what I'm talking about.
2. Never said SAO was the first one inventing survival game and shit, but do you hear people talking about ./hack and shit? I just pointed out the similarities.
3. Asuna's a boy now along with the other 3 female characters that I forgot the name of cause they were so insignificant.. Oh not the mention the newest addition to Kirito's rejected club; Shinon.
4. Yes not like SAO at all 'sire'.
Nov 17, 2018 9:15 AM

Aug 2015
Hades_Gil said:
Answering your 'remarks' in order.
1. Yes I do think I know what I'm talking about.
Because, believe me, you don't.

2. Never said SAO was the first one inventing survival game and shit, but do you hear people talking about ./hack and shit? I just pointed out the similarities.
This "similarity" of yours is not one in the first place.

3. Asuna's a boy now along with the other 3 female characters that I forgot the name of cause they were so insignificant.. Oh not the mention the newest addition to Kirito's rejected club; Shinon.
We're talking about Darwin's game. Where in this do you see the MC surrounded by girls like it is so in SAO? Why did you even say this in the first place? What kind of shit were you inventing?

4. Yes not like SAO at all 'sire'.
They couldn't be any more different. If survival is your standard for "being like SAO" then 3/4 of the entire animes of existence are "like SAO".

And it comes from a false premise in the first place. Because the survival exists only in one arc of SAO, AINCRAD.

Mar 26, 2019 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
Excited to see best girl Shuka animated!
Jul 27, 2019 3:12 AM
Sep 2013
Hope this does the manga justice, cause if it does it'll be one of my fav animes! Also, anyone likening this to SAO needs to read a longer description of the manga, cause the story and execution of Darwin's Game is pretty different to SAO. I'd say Darwin's Game is closer to Online: The Comic.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

4 by Sealshark122 »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
1 hour ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.