Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, the action felt all over the place this episode. On a slightly positive note, I guess the music was thrilling enough?

At any rate, it's still the usual conflicts between the humans and the ghouls. There's also some fighting involving the one eyed ghouls while the episode revealed more experimental content. Man, this show lol
Stark700Oct 23, 2018 8:30 AM
Oct 23, 2018 7:40 AM

Apr 2014
Wth its all over the place, a large mumble jumble
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 23, 2018 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
just a question was it even shown in anime that mutsuki was kitnapped cause i cant remember seeing it

fight wasnt something big really im disappointed even more than i where before :(

soo many charas shown you dont knew till now and killed of right away really awesome way too but it -1/10
Oct 23, 2018 8:38 AM

Jan 2008
Ah, how nice, they made an entire episode on my most disliked aspect of Tokyo Ghoul. The excessive amount of one-time characters you couldn't care less about getting flashbacks and dying instead of just focusing on the actual main characters.
Oct 23, 2018 8:58 AM
Mar 2015
When i saw amon alive... i thought that was Hide grabbing at the end tho his not :'(
Oct 23, 2018 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
Not a manga reader, and the anime really pisses me off
Oct 23, 2018 9:08 AM

Jul 2017
Great music, absolutely horrible everything else.

The action was random and too much was going on with so many forgettable characters. Felt like Bleach's season where most fights being with forgettable characters happened in Karakura Town. Except that Bleach's fights took forever and these just occur in a flash. Both were bad.
Oct 23, 2018 9:24 AM

Jun 2014
"Instead of making things make sense let's just do 20 straight minutes of nonstop, mindless action between characters that most of our viewers have forgotten or don't know."

-The people behind this adaptation, probably.

But really, nothing seems to be making any sense so far. For instance, did they even properly build up to this Amon reveal? It seemed like that was just dropped in out of nowhere.
thebrentinator24Oct 23, 2018 9:29 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 23, 2018 9:28 AM
Mar 2008
Yeah I honestly don't remember who most of these characters are. I don't even know who to root for as almost everyone is unlikeable. I never thought this show would be so bad.
Oct 23, 2018 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
"Instead of making things make sense let's just do 20 straight minutes of nonstop, mindless action between characters that most of our viewers have forgotten or don't know."

But really, nothing seems to be making any sense so far. For instance, did they even properly build up to this Amon reveal? It seemed like that was just dropped in out of nowhere.

yeah totally and owls flashback was mostly over 60% of it lil late too show a flashback of him becomming a ghoukl and than the amound not even touka got soo much flashback and shes the main girl in this
Oct 23, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2018
It's got the animation quality of the filler from a long running shounen, all shoved into just 13 episodes.

Watching this show feels like I'm watching my dog get hit by a car in slow motion.
whats a signature
Oct 23, 2018 9:35 AM
Oct 2017
i love this show, i imagine this is what it's like having alzheimers
Oct 23, 2018 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
I was looking forward to see Tataras Kakuja animated. But the fight and the conclusion were so anticlimatic, definitely not worthy for a character that has been around for so long.

Amon vs Takizawa vs cool, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2018 9:47 AM

Dec 2017
skipped said:
It's got the animation quality of the filler from a long running shounen, all shoved into just 13 episodes.

Watching this show feels like I'm watching my dog get hit by a car in slow motion.
I wonder why couldn't the studio just adapt the manga faithfully as well as Tokyo Ghoul: JACK... It's an OVA episode, yet it greatly surpassed its main series in term of quality.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 23, 2018 9:49 AM

Nov 2010
wtf is even going on
Oct 23, 2018 9:55 AM

Aug 2016
Why couldn't they just do the manga justice ? They made good shows before but they just decide to pump out this dog shit every week, they dont even care at this point.

I hate Pierrot for this.
Oct 23, 2018 10:00 AM

Apr 2015
  • Welp, that was bad.
  • I don't know if l'll continue watching this.
Oct 23, 2018 10:01 AM
Mar 2018
What is going on? Who are all these people? Why are they fighting each other? Wakaranai...
Oct 23, 2018 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Takizawa, that's not cool, he takes care of Tatara and they still want to kill him.
Oct 23, 2018 10:15 AM

Jan 2017
I like stories where people die.

Not stories that give people a new lease of life after they're supposed to have died.
Really though, too many people are being brought back; and when this episode reveals the elaborate ghoul experiments at play in the manner it did, it wrecks up all that had been built with kaneki for the first two seasons
Oct 23, 2018 10:26 AM
Mar 2011
To be fair though the manga had the same problems of pulling characters out of thin air to the point the comments on each chapter would be asking if the character has appeared before in the first series or earlier in the second. I'm not really surprised though by the adaption due to how the manga treated the last fights as well.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 23, 2018 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
if re gets redown once in the future i at least hope the seiyuus also get a chance too clear their name nice that show pulls them down and they all dont deserves that as well as the mangaka of this

why doesnt he throws studio pierot out would be much better too quiet it at this point since i doubt
Oct 23, 2018 10:41 AM
Aug 2018
just stop this series....
Oct 23, 2018 10:50 AM
Jan 2016
When I started this episode I thought I skipped one episode cause nothing is making sense checked the last episode Nope nothing skipped. Then after watching the whole episode, I know nothing was meant to make sense. It was meant to make something, something worse than a useless filler
Oct 23, 2018 10:57 AM

Apr 2018
Uhh.. What a mess they have done... There is too much information for one episode! (Who VS who? Where? When? ...) It's hard to understand what's going on...

"Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan" quote by Yamazaki Sagaru (Gintama)
Oct 23, 2018 11:08 AM

Jun 2009
thats how studio pierrot treats the series ,the mangaka, the seiyuus , and the fans
http://artpictures.club/applyimg.html
Oct 23, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
While this ep was classic Pierrot, I will admit the OST was pretty nice this episode

thebrentinator24 said:

That's the summary of this adaptation. Remember Kaneki deciding to go back to ghoul life last ep lmao
Oct 23, 2018 11:30 AM

Jan 2018
Well aside from all the rushing, the death of Tatara sucked in the manga too. It was the worst moment of the series for me. Such a great and mysterious character totally wasted.

Oct 23, 2018 11:34 AM
Feb 2016
Pierrot doesn't even care anymore.
Oct 23, 2018 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
hold up...they really cut out Tomoe? like is she not gonna show up at all?
I mean yeah she is a really minor character and this shitshow is confusing and terribly paced enough but I really liked her and her

this season is really doing it's best to prove to us that Pierrot can always do worse.
Oct 23, 2018 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
At this point all the "backstory" slideshows and character deaths have so little screen time that there's literally zero impact to the viewer. Even having read the manga it felt like they were slingshotting through so quick it felt hard to keep up.

TG:Brotherhood reboot pls?
Oct 23, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2018
It's almost impressive that even after pierrot have scythed so much from the manga in this adaptation that they still somehow mess up the sequence of events. This horrendously cut down rue island arc should've been episode 1 (and a number of episodes after that but that ship has sailed) but it seems that botching black reaper kaneki's stuff took priority. Total mess, although at least it'll force more people to read the manga like the not half as bad root a did for me.
Oct 23, 2018 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
The action was all over the place this episode, there are even characters that I don't even remember anymore. What's going on? XD Not liking this at all, I honestly can't get any sense out of it.

FMmatron said:

Oct 23, 2018 12:01 PM

Feb 2017
I gave it 3 out of 10. Those 3 points are due to the OP, the ED and the voice acting (Especially Hanae Natsuki's).

Pierrot doesn't care.
Oct 23, 2018 12:11 PM
Feb 2016
Im not even sure what's happening anymore. I went back to watch the last episode of last season to see if I missed something, but I didn't the show is just all over the place..... it had potential
Oct 23, 2018 12:22 PM
Jan 2016
Andou69 said:
What is happening with this anime now is what happened to FMA's first anime adaptation. With that said an actual not autistic studio is going to eventually pick up and reboot this show and finally do it justice.

Don't compare FMA 2003 which is actually great to this abomination.
Oct 23, 2018 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
the manga was pretty annoying at this point as well with a lot of fights and people showing out of nowhere but it's even worse here because it all happens in literally one episode lol
Oct 23, 2018 12:32 PM
Aug 2016
There is way too much to talk about this episode, so i'll just do it this way.

Pros:
1. Split-second moments where the animation is excellent, however, there were like 3 of them.
2. That 5 second section where they showed Takizawa from TG anime was nostalgic and sad, because of obvious reasons.

Cons:
1. PowerPoint slide fight scenes
2. We had like 67 different fights in this episode
3. Everything is all over the place
4. Still a SpeedRun
5. Yet it tries to make you care about characters they show for less then a minute on screen (great example is the short backstory on the freckle girl, and then her superior dying)
6. Naki is dead, 2 seconds later he is alive
7. Often characters are poorly drawn, and their proportions look stupid.
8. Reading the manga I think everyone deep in their heart knew that Amon was alive and was going to come back, and when he did, it was very satisfying. Here, he just came outta nowhere, making 0 impact.

As you can easily guess by now, I honestly hate this adaptation, just like I hated season 1. To me personally, the Re: manga is a masterpiece, and this doesn't capture any of the magic that was in the manga. Super dissapointed, and i'm sure the following episodes won't be better. Still a 2/10 for me.

Edit: Saying "read the manga and you will understand" is not an excuse, it solidifies the point that the anime adaptation isn't doing its job well.
DelinqqOct 23, 2018 12:38 PM
Oct 23, 2018 12:34 PM

Jan 2018
It was hard to keep up with this in the manga it's worst in anime

I felt that there so many small scenes missing from the fight now it's a shit show I knew they were going to butcher this series with only 12 episode from the looks of this fight I am not getting hopes up for last two big fights
Oct 23, 2018 12:46 PM

Aug 2017
Tbh this anime is making me want to kms, it's just the adaptation is so baaaad... at least the music is good but the intro makes me want to curl into a ball and cry in despair...
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
Oct 23, 2018 1:03 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, the episode is over the place again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 23, 2018 1:04 PM

Jan 2017
What was the episode even about, I couldn't follow at all
Oct 23, 2018 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
there are like 150 characters in a single episode, I can even remember half of them from previous seasons
Oct 23, 2018 1:11 PM

Aug 2017
Andou69 said:
What is happening with this anime now is what happened to FMA's first anime adaptation. With that said an actual not autistic studio is going to eventually pick up and reboot this show and finally do it justice.

Its not. For FMA(2003) the manga wasnt finished yet so they wrote a original ending worthy of the series. Its obviously not as good as the real ending but its a big difference to this bullshit being produced by studio clown...
Oct 23, 2018 1:13 PM

Apr 2017
Personally, I thought this episode was a lot better than the others thus far in the season, in terms of sticking to the manga.

In no way does that mean this is a good episode.
The pacing is absolutely horrendous and so much stuff that happened prior to this whole "event" was just removed which is going to confuse anyone who hasn't read/looked into it.

I see a lot of people complaining about the characters seeming to be just thrown at you without you knowing them, to be fair, the manga does that a bit, but I think it's more a case of assuming you've pay enough attention while watching/reading to know who these characters are, and as a pretty big fanboy, I didn't see an truly unknown character who just popped out of thin air.

A few more things:
The whole Amon reveal was terribly timed, it should have been at the end of an episode where he jumped in. Suzuya's trick was terribly timed also, it should have been spaced out even more where it could have been actually believable instead of just having him instantly get up after 2 lines of dialog and no pauses. With all these scenes happening roughly at the same time period, they could have at least made some jumps that made sense instead of just action into more action leaving relatively no time for suspense. To prevent people who aren't crazy fans from being confused, they could have added in a bit more to the characters being brought in instead of expecting everyone to know who they are based off of the few seconds they're brought in. They did a massive portion of the Cochlea stuff already which is also happening at the same time, imo they should have intertwined them a bit and stretched out everything to fix the pacing issues. And finally, if you haven't read the manga before watching this episode, YOU LITERALLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUTSUKI, WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NOT SHOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE KIDNAPPING, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST FUCKING EPISODE WHERE THEY SENT IN THE FIRST TEAM TO CHECK IT OUT, BUT NOOOO WE HAD TO HAVE A SHITTY EPISODE THAT WAS LITERALLY POINTLESS TO HAVE. THEY LITERALLY CUT SO MUCH OUT THAT NEEDED TO BE INCLUDED. Loads of people thought Root A was bad when that started changing things from the manga(personally, I enjoyed root a but do prefer the manga version over it), but this is just god awful and I can't see anyone actually enjoying this.

This series is terrible and I don't see anyway they can come back from this and it upsets me more than anything but I'll continue to watch it and hope it can at least bring some animation to my favorite manga.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Oct 23, 2018 1:20 PM

Oct 2016
So many fight scenes but so little of actual plot. I have no idea what I have just watched and just decided to drop the anime. I will just keep up with the English translation (even though I'm actually tempted to just read scanlations, but patience.. patience. i rather have physical copies).
Oct 23, 2018 2:22 PM

Nov 2015
SEA-MASTER said:
Andou69 said:

Don't compare FMA 2003 which is actually great to this abomination.

The mangaka of FMA was the one who gave the studio permission in the 1st place for FMA 2003. It was still loved in Japan and even made it on the list of NHK's top voted anime in Japan along with brotherhood.

Don't compare FMA 2003 to Ghoul at least FMA 2003 actually had some good animation even better than TG:RE anime.
XD
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Oct 23, 2018 2:58 PM

Jan 2018
So I guess Amon is back now. That came out of nowhere lol.
Oct 23, 2018 3:03 PM
Mar 2018
I have absolutely no clue what's going on
Oct 23, 2018 3:13 PM

Sep 2017
Aaaand that's messy as hell, as always

I too thought I skipped an episode but nah that's just regular Tokyo Ghoul stuff

Now I'm really interested because I want to know how much the anime is gonna butcher the manga and what could possibly get worse
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

175 by bakakisima »»
May 8, 2:14 PM

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.