Forum Settings
Forums

Is watching anime something you like to do alone?

New
Oct 1, 2018 6:15 PM

Sep 2017
So, I am someone who likes to watch anime alone and not really talk much about it with people around me, watching anime and reading manga is like something private to me that I don't like to share with people surrounding me (friends, family, etc).

How about you guys? Am I the only one?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2018 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
watching anime is a very personal experience this is why i recomend using something like this
Oct 1, 2018 6:22 PM
Sep 2017
Depends on the anime/manga for me but most of the time I like to watch anime/read manga solo
Oct 1, 2018 6:23 PM

Apr 2018
sometimes I watch anime alone and sometimes I watch anime alone with friends on that rabbit site. i don't mind sharing that experience with others as long as it's something we all can enjoy watching together.
Oct 1, 2018 6:36 PM
Jul 2017
I almost always watch anime alone. I occasionally watch an anime with my friend, but it’s always an anime that I’ve seen already.
Oct 1, 2018 6:42 PM
Sep 2018
personally i love to watch it alone. its easier to get connected with the characters with no one in your ear.
Oct 1, 2018 6:45 PM

Sep 2013
I'm literally writing on this thread while watching episode 48 of jojo bizare's adventure with 2 friends of mine if that answers the question
Oct 1, 2018 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
Yes I watch anime exclusively alone. The only time I would consider watching a show with other people is if I'm rewatching the show, because I very much want to focus on the show itself with as minimal distractions as possible.
Oct 1, 2018 6:48 PM

Nov 2014
100% alone, don't need distractions and I like to give genuine reactions to stuff without worrying what other people are thinking, if its something im really into ill dedicate time for it and watch it with my high quality headphones for total immersion.

「 俺を誰だと思っていやがる!」
嵐仙人
Signature | Transience

Oct 1, 2018 6:49 PM
Sep 2015
You're not the only one. I'm the same. I prefer to watch anime and read manga alone too. Truthfully, I prefer to do just about everything alone. I find I enjoy it so much more when others aren't around. It's more comfortable that way I think.

It's the same deal with sharing. I'm not a big fan of doing so. If I enjoy something then, that's that. I don't find that I have the need to analyse it or get other's in depth opinions on it. I'm perfectly content to keep it to myself. If someone did want to have a bit of a chat about an anime or manga though, I would try to be accommodating. That's probably just a personality thing though.

I've had people find my choice to not share strange. Never in real life mind you. Mostly online. I think it's a personal choice however, so I never really let that bother me. There isn't anything wrong with not wanting to do or share your anime and manga experiences with others. You're not obligated to do so just because others may say you should. Or even just because you're on a site like MAL. I've always felt that if you hold something as a private matter then, it's really not anyone else's business. That's how I see things anyway. Hope this helped.
Oct 1, 2018 6:56 PM
Mar 2016
GamerDLM said:
Yes I watch anime exclusively alone. The only time I would consider watching a show with other people is if I'm rewatching the show, because I very much want to focus on the show itself with as minimal distractions as possible.

I feel you 100% on this. When I watch anything with friends it's extremely easy to miss small, but important details. For sure the main reason I watch anime solo.
Oct 1, 2018 6:58 PM

May 2017
I think watching anime alone is better to get deeper on story and characters, but I would like to watch anime with someone sometimes, just to get out of "rut", but my friends don't watch animes sadly :c ....

I love to talk about anime, I'm not a otaku, but is cool talk about something that you like with other people(games, animes, series, movies and etc).... I don't understand why you and some others prefer to keep it private.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Oct 1, 2018 7:05 PM

Mar 2017
No. I always watch alone wishing I was watching with someone else so I could talk to them about the show.
Oct 1, 2018 7:06 PM

Feb 2018
it would be nice to watch it with a significant other but being on MAL disqualifies me from dating
Oct 1, 2018 7:06 PM
Mar 2018
I don't really care if my brother's in the
Room when I put something on, but he often has no interest in it, so I watch anime alone. He did watch elfen leid alone though, he didn't like that where it was one of my favourites back when I got into anime, he watched SAO alone and liked that more, where as I couldn't get into it enough to finish it, he loves the satire of OPM we both do, I did try to get him into parasyte but he didn't really get into it.
My other brother showed some interest in watching anime with me, we both watched KLK alone but last time we tried watching it together he fell asleep (he looks after his wife and kid most of the time) we watched a few episodes of shimoneta last time I saw him but we couldn't finish it before he had to go home, as far as I know I'm the only one looking for new-to-me or new season anime
Oct 1, 2018 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
I watch anime alone, although me and my friends have watched the same shows, just not with each other. I'm mostly private IRL about my anime interests.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Oct 1, 2018 7:08 PM

Aug 2016
When it's a shit anime, however, I like to watch it with some friends because at least we can just make fun of it. When it's good anime, I can go either way, but watching alone makes me pay more attention to the plot and stuff.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 1, 2018 7:13 PM

Dec 2015
I'm more immersed in the story when I'm watching alone so most of the times yes. There are anime I want to show others though.
Oct 1, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2015
I generally prefer watching my anime alone, but I don't mind watching it with friends/family. It's pretty enjoyable when we get together, though it's only really for special occasions.
Oct 1, 2018 7:34 PM

Mar 2011
I prefer to do it alone. No distractions and not having to worry about what others are thinking.

Oct 1, 2018 8:16 PM

Jul 2014
Yes, always alone. I have never felt comfortable sharing my laptop's screen.

romagia said:
watching anime is a very personal experience this is why i recomend using something like this
I can feel that laptop overheating from here...
Oct 1, 2018 8:20 PM

Nov 2017
I prefer to watch anime with others, it becomes more fun that way for me
Oct 1, 2018 8:22 PM

Nov 2015
I've never watched anime with anyone else yet but I think I would still prefer watching alone anyways.
Oct 1, 2018 8:27 PM

Oct 2014
Watching anime with other people is like a special event for me. Generally I just watch alone. Most of the anime I like to watch aren't anime other people around me would be interested in.
Oct 1, 2018 8:42 PM
Apr 2016
Since most of my anime list consist of ecchi and gore tag, definitely gonna watch it alone with headphone. I cant enjoy anime if not wearing headphones so yeah I prefer watching it alone.
Oct 1, 2018 8:46 PM

Mar 2014
I'd rather not have people ask me why I am watching such bizarre Chinese cartoons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 1, 2018 9:14 PM

Oct 2014
I mostly watch anime alone. I can't enjoy something as much as watching with a friend if i watch alone though.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Oct 1, 2018 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
I guess it depends? I like to watch bad anime or shows I've already seen with friends, but I typically watch anime by myself.
Oct 1, 2018 9:33 PM

Oct 2015
Like to do both, with my hoes @Ericonator @KanonDE @Pixel_Vapour bitch

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Oct 1, 2018 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoy watching anime alone. I get the most out of anime that way. Watching with others can be distracting.
Oct 1, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2017
romagia said:

I'm not going to lie when I was fast scrolling through this thread I thought that was a weird closeup picture of a penis. @Sonal1988 what do you think? lol

Oct 1, 2018 9:50 PM

Jul 2017
Kinda, I will watch anime in public sometimes as long as no one can see my screen. Usually the only time I do that is when I'm done with classes for the day and I'm waiting for my train.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Oct 1, 2018 10:02 PM

Dec 2016
J_LEE_C said:
romagia said:

I'm not going to lie when I was fast scrolling through this thread I thought that was a weird closeup picture of a penis. @Sonal1988 what do you think? lol

You're the only one who thought that bc we all know what a huge pervert you are. I'm a pure and innocent lady. Do not taint my mind.
Oct 1, 2018 10:05 PM

Jan 2017
Sonal1988 said:
J_LEE_C said:

taint

*phrasing* lmao I'm sorry I couldn't resist

Oct 1, 2018 10:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I prefer to watch it alone because my brother tends to slow me down more often than not, but I’m always down to watching a show with him nevertheless. I haven’t yet watched an episode, let alone a show, with a classmate or friend, so I don’t know really know how that’s like.

I like to share my opinions of shows obviously and there are a few casual anime watchers in my school who I talk to about such things but on rare occasions really. I’m not necessarily a very secretive person in this regard, it’s just that not many people I know are into anime and manga sadly. Hence, I do not bother to even push my interests or analysis of certain shows to them.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2018 12:19 AM

Aug 2018
Very much prefer to watch anime alone. Its not a secret that i love anime but there aren't a lot of anime fans around me to begin with and the few that do watch are casuals who watch the occasional title. Besides i don't want to be distracted while watching and enjoy my alone time
Oct 2, 2018 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
I think everybody watch anime alone at most cases. But I dont mind watching a series I've already seen with someone else.
xchyssaOct 2, 2018 1:26 AM
Oct 2, 2018 12:40 AM

Mar 2017
I only watch anime on my own with headphones.
Oct 2, 2018 12:44 AM

Feb 2018
I tried watching anime with some friends but it just isn't the same.
Oct 2, 2018 12:57 AM

May 2015
Unless it's a comedy or something like that I like watching all my media alone :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2018 1:05 AM

Jul 2015
Depends..
If it's something I enjoy watching and would like to share it with someone and hear their opinion then sure. It's usually just movies tough, like Gake no Ue no Ponyo or Wolf Children, just family-friendly stuff.
If it's something more thrilling where I'd need quiet and peace in order to enjoy then no way... Unless that person is willing to put up with me waving my arms and getting excited like a child going to an amusement park, then it's okay I guess.
It's kinda like those type of people in cinemas that talk and talk, I like to talk during movies and hate when someone talks during an episode.
Guess it's just up to the person, if they can put up with me then idc.

It's better this way.
A little lonelier,
but better.

delivery x last.fm
Oct 2, 2018 1:21 AM
Sep 2018
i like to read manga alone but watching anime with friends doesn't bother me personally
owls are cool
Oct 2, 2018 3:19 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
No, I've never watched it with anyone else. Headphones always on, even when I'm alone. Easy.
Oct 2, 2018 3:24 AM

May 2018
Of course. Because it's more peaceful and more better than watching with someone that will ask a million questions.
Oct 2, 2018 3:57 AM

Mar 2017
Yeah, none of my friends like anime even if they did anime is generally pretty weird so I wouldn't watch it with anyone
Oct 2, 2018 4:06 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah, I preferably like to enjoy the medium by myself. It depends on the series though. Some are more easier to watch with others.
Oct 2, 2018 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
viktheone said:
So, I am someone who likes to watch anime alone and not really talk much about it with people around me, watching anime and reading manga is like something private to me that I don't like to share with people surrounding me (friends, family, etc).

How about you guys? Am I the only one?

No you're not. I'm exactly like you.

Watching alone!!
Oct 2, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2016
Yeah, pretty much. I don’t really watch anime with anyone cause either they don’t want to or some other reason

Oct 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Jun 2017
I watch most of my anime alone but I do watch certain popular seasonals with my sister. I showed her some anime a few months ago and I've gotten her to like My hero academia so we've been watching the third season together for like 2 months, too bad the season ended. We're also watching Attack on titan season 3. Occasionally we watch a few episodes of non-seasonal shows I've recommended to her but it's harder to find time for that when we're both busy with school stuff.
Oct 2, 2018 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
i prefer to watch anime alone so i don't have others comment on the scenes and distract me
i want to finish anime eps as fast as possible,slow torture is not something i like
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

215 by ISeeLifePeople »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
10 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
10 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.