Forum Settings
Forums

'Boku no Hero Academia' Receives Fourth Season

New
Sep 29, 2018 2:09 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The 25th and final episode of the third season of Boku no Hero Academia aired on Saturday ended with an announcement that a fourth season of the series is in production. Animator Yoshihiko Umakoshi drew an illustration (pictured) to commemorate the announcement.

Weekly Shounen Jump began serializing the superhero manga by Kouhei Horikoshi in July 2014. Shueisha published the 20th volume on September 4. The manga currently has a cumulative 15 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

Produced by Bones, the 13-episode first season debuted in Spring 2016. The consecutive seasons premiered in Spring 2017 and Spring 2018, respectively; each running for 25 episodes. The 13th and 14th volumes bundled two OVA episodes in April and June last year. An anime film featuring an original story opened in Japan on August 3.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English under its Shounen Jump imprint in February 2015 and has since been publishing the series in their digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The 15th volume will go on sale on October 2.

Funimation licensed the anime series in North America and released the first season on a Blu-ray and DVD volume last April. The second season was shipped in two volumes on April 3 and June 5 earlier this year, respectively.

Boku no Hero Academia was nominated in the eighth Manga Taisho and the 40th Kodansha Manga awards, placed fifth in the male readers' category in the 2016 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings, and won the 2017 Sugoi Japan award in the manga division.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie

Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season on MAL
VindstotApr 4, 2020 1:47 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 29, 2018 2:11 AM

Jan 2009
its expected but nice to have a confirmation
Sep 29, 2018 2:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Omg, I’m over the clouds now! So darn ecstatic, at the moment!

I knew Studio Bones would eventually make this, but a confirmation nevertheless just solidified the emotions and happiness. I’m truly happy, Arigatou Guzaimashite Studio Bones!

Now, I can’t wait to see Season 3’s finale! Bring it on, Plus Ultra!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2018 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
I'm glad we are getting sequels of anime that people actually enjoy.

Now all we need is a second season of Major 2nd and an actual Code Geass continuation.
Sep 29, 2018 2:29 AM

Apr 2013
Nice to hear that, I'll definitely watch it then~
Sep 29, 2018 2:42 AM

Jan 2016
That's fast.
never seen a series got 4 seasons and a movie within 3-4 years.
Sep 29, 2018 2:44 AM

Apr 2014
yoshu_ said:
That's fast.

Major the baseball series got 6 seasons and a movie in six years.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Sep 29, 2018 2:53 AM

Mar 2015
i'll just wait how climax of overhaul arc and school festival arc received in anime fandom... this might be interesting to look out at least...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 29, 2018 3:05 AM

Nov 2015
Kuma said:
i'll just wait how climax of overhaul arc and school festival arc received in anime fandom... this might be interesting to look out at least...

Yeah that was the worst. And the school festival arc was a drag.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 29, 2018 3:06 AM

May 2012
AcceleratorAngel said:
yoshu_ said:
That's fast.

Food wars seems to be going that route as well
Sep 29, 2018 3:08 AM

Apr 2016
Shippers must be happy.
Sep 29, 2018 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
YUSSSSSSS!!!!! I should probably read the manga so I won't spoil myself!!! I am sooo happy!!!
Sep 29, 2018 3:26 AM

Jun 2014
I'm assuming Spring 2019 for this season.

I have mixed feelings about this upcoming arc but I'm looking forward to the next season anyway.

Also, gotta love how people who clearly hate or don't even watch the show still feel the need to leave a comment here. If you don't like the show......ignore it, and watch something you do like. Why does such a concept seem so difficult for people to grasp. Nothing is gained by writing obvious bait posts saying "oH iT's oNlY PoPUlaR wITh pEopLE wItH lOw iQs."
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 29, 2018 3:33 AM

Jan 2018
Nice. I've been waiting for this. Although this is too fast between other seasons.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Sep 29, 2018 3:35 AM

Mar 2015
Old_School_Akira said:
Kuma said:

Yeah that was the worst. And the school festival arc was a drag.

the problem is not that it dragged it self, but annoying amount of deku monologue underlying development of each character... instead of actually showed up... and frequently a chapter wasted on that only... it would be more interesting if it's some kind of comedy.... but nah, just flat outright monologue...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 29, 2018 3:39 AM

May 2018
Boku no overrated strikes again
Sep 29, 2018 3:42 AM

Jul 2013
Thank God, I heard this is one of the best arcs of the series, so I'm excited for this. Let's hope this one stays strong through the whole season though.
Sep 29, 2018 4:29 AM

Jun 2014
Illyricus said:
Thank God, I heard this is one of the best arcs of the series, so I'm excited for this. Let's hope this one stays strong through the whole season though.

Idk about it being one of the best. I actually had some pretty mixed feelings about it, but then again, that's just my personal opinion. Obviously, you can make your own judgement when it airs.

@Holo_or_Horo Out of genuine curiosity, how are you, or the people you quoted, suffering? None of you have even watched the show. @AzuFarisNyan @ImAWeebUwU feel free to chime in as well, I'm legitimately curious and confused and would like some kind of insight.
thebrentinator24Sep 29, 2018 4:34 AM

Sep 29, 2018 4:31 AM

Oct 2007
We already knew it was coming, but good news nonetheless.

Now, where is the much needed Haikyuu S4...
Sep 29, 2018 4:50 AM

May 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
Illyricus said:

Idk about it being one of the best. I actually had some pretty mixed feelings about it, but then again, that's just my personal opinion. Obviously, you can make your own judgement when it airs.

@Holo_or_Horo Out of genuine curiosity, how are you, or the people you quoted, suffering? None of you have even watched the show. @AzuFarisNyan @ImAWeebUwU feel free to chime in as well, I'm legitimately curious and confused and would like some kind of insight.

So you're a fanboy?
Sep 29, 2018 4:59 AM

Jun 2014
AzuFarisNyan said:
thebrentinator24 said:

So you're a fanboy?

Simply liking the show =/= me being a fanboy. I don't even know where in my post that was implied. I'm simply asking what I'm asking, one more time, out of genuine curiosity. I'm not attacking you for not liking the show, which is what rabid fanboys would do. I'm trying to get an answer to a legitimate question, because like I said, I'm genuinely curious.

Sep 29, 2018 5:02 AM
May 2015
YASSSSS!!!

My yearly dosage of My Hero Academia continues. I'm not really surprised about the news but I'm glad it's officially confirmed. This is seriously one of the best shounens I've watched in a long time.

Sep 29, 2018 5:03 AM

Aug 2015
Was anyone even surprised?

It's a given they they are going to adapt the whole manga series in a span of multiple seasons
Sep 29, 2018 5:09 AM

May 2013
And other anime which deserve a new season? this is just so ridiculous, anime is saved once again.
Sep 29, 2018 5:14 AM

May 2018
TheISOlatoR said:
And other anime which deserve a new season? this is just so ridiculous, anime is saved once again.

Yep you're right. Other anime that are more deserving doesn't have a sequel. While this? lol
And... we have a fanboy here saying we who criticize this piece of shit never watched the show haha
Sep 29, 2018 5:27 AM

May 2018
I expected this but I but I never expected it to be this soon.
Sep 29, 2018 5:31 AM
Aug 2016

Will the MC learn the secret technique of using his left leg to kick too? find out for yourself in the next season of My boku no hero.
Sep 29, 2018 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
Well, it's an anime for kids and fujoshis. It's normal that it gets many seasons.
Sep 29, 2018 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Illyricus said:

Never said im suffering, its just sad to see some overrated shit getting 4 seasons.
Sep 29, 2018 5:35 AM

Sep 2011
Kuma said:
There is the very real possibility of the production improving upon lacking writing in the case of the overhaul arc like if they get a yutaka nakamura cut in there matched with a well directed fight scene it could go a long way, but im sure there will be less positivity than before just cause of how much more critical people get on the show from the overhaul arc out.

Mercusu said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Food wars seems to be going that route as well
I kind of doubt that because I worry that shokugeki's anime production is probably done and that the manga is in a very tight spot where cancellation is a real possibility, granted its hard not to admit that the quality has tanked considerably

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 29, 2018 5:39 AM

Aug 2015
Draxeros said:
@thebrentinator24
Don't be bothered with troll haters. It's an occupation to them.
So stop adding fuel to it so they won't get more toxic as it is.

Well I guess that makes you a troll fan then. Is it really wrong to express displeasure of an overrated series if you're expressing your gratitude for it in a forum?
Sep 29, 2018 5:41 AM

Jul 2016
Hell yeah! Looking forward to this.
Sep 29, 2018 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
Should I be surprised? Not really.
Will I watch it? Yeah, hopefully the show really bounces back. Otherwise, Im dropping MHA, cause s3 was them not at their best tbh compared to s2

Sep 29, 2018 5:46 AM

Jun 2014
AzuFarisNyan said:
TheISOlatoR said:

Yep you're right. Other anime that are more deserving doesn't have a sequel. While this? lol
And... we have a fanboy here saying we who criticize this piece of shit never watched the show haha

Btw, for the record, I just want to point out that before I mentioned you in my earlier comment, I looked at your list and didn't see Boku no Hero anywhere. That's why I said you never watched the show, because I didn't see it on your list (I see now that you've since gone and added it to the dropped portion of your list).

Sep 29, 2018 5:48 AM

Apr 2016
AzuFarisNyan said:
Just accept the fact that this show is an overrated cliche kid show

Fanfics, dont forget the fanfics. Thy are strong part of this community.
Sep 29, 2018 5:48 AM

May 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
AzuFarisNyan said:

Btw, for the record, I just want to point out that before I mentioned you in my earlier comment, I looked at your list and didn't see Boku no Hero anywhere. That's why I said you never watched the show, because I didn't see it on your list (I see now that you've since gone and added it to the dropped portion of your list).

Lol I watched this show a year ago. Didn't have a MAL account at that time :)
Sep 29, 2018 5:51 AM

Jul 2013
AzuFarisNyan said:

Why do you want to harp on people just for liking the show? If you don't like it don't watch. Unless you got some legit criticism then just be quiet. Not that hard

Don't worry I know what you're gonna say "Im a fanboy", even though I thought s3 was pretty mediocre.

Sep 29, 2018 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
AzuFarisNyan said:

"why people like something i dislike, fucking fanboy, childish, idiot, reeeeeeeeee"

seriously, you are someone who are childish here... and this is coming from someone who rate MhA 6/10... you and haters doesn't bring something new to table...

JizzyHitler said:
Kuma said:
There is the very real possibility of the production improving upon lacking writing in the case of the overhaul arc like if they get a yutaka nakamura cut in there matched with a well directed fight scene it could go a long way, but im sure there will be less positivity than before just cause of how much more critical people get on the show from the overhaul arc out.

looking at the fillers that they made, i doubt it..
Sep 29, 2018 6:04 AM

Mar 2015
Draxeros said:
@Kuma @thebrentinator24
Just ignore them. They are the toxic part of this forum. (That's why I just lurk around for 3 years.)
They will be dealt with again just wait for it.

i just don't understand people taking so seriously about animation that not even their jobs...
Sep 29, 2018 6:04 AM

Mar 2015
Draxeros said:
@Kuma @thebrentinator24
Just ignore them. They are the toxic part of this forum. (That's why I just lurk around for 3 years.)

i just don't understand people taking so seriously about animation that not even their jobs...

TheISOlatoR said:

that's not how industry works... showing how you have 0 idea behind making anime...
KumaSep 29, 2018 6:08 AM
Sep 29, 2018 6:10 AM
Sep 2015
Kuma said:
Draxeros said:
@Kuma @thebrentinator24

Well, it's their job to hate it something, even if the reason was too stupid.
I guess without them, there would be no balance. (even if it's stupid and pointless hate)
It's only here on MAL anyway. Unless they spread on other forums when MAL is down.
Sep 29, 2018 6:22 AM

Apr 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:

Will the MC learn the secret technique of using his left leg to kick too? find out for yourself in the next season of My boku no hero.

lmao best comment
Sep 29, 2018 6:31 AM
Jul 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Kuma said:

I think this is a bit of an exageration, the main thing people complained back then during the OH arc was the awkward pacing it had, something that the anime should easily fix and make it in a more smoothly experience, sure there were some polemic writing choices aswell towards the end, but it wasnt something to lose their minds either, in fact it created a lot of theories and speculations from the fans and somewhat made sense in the grand scheme of things, not to mention it didnt negate some big consecuences after the arc. Nowadays is the favorite arc of many people, even with its flaws, and is definetily the arc that will be the most beneficied by the anime. And actually the arcs have been pretty well received putting aside some few people complaining about the low stakes in school/training related ones, but overall the series still has its particular positive reception, it shouldnt be that diferent in the anime.
Sep 29, 2018 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Wow the thread has loads of salt LOL. Look, I don't mind people disliking MHA but hey, opinions. I just find it funny how everyone is labeling each other as fanboys and haters with no actual response towards each other aside from few instances. Only just agreeing or for the most part.

With that being said, I need to catch up to S3 but hey, I'm pretty happy for it getting more seasons so. Looking forward to it.
Sep 29, 2018 6:46 AM

Aug 2016
well i guess this will keep going, its pretty much the next one punch man for shounen popularity but cheaper and for younger base
Sep 29, 2018 6:47 AM

Oct 2017
Eh, at this point I'm not surprised at all. To all the haters, the chances of the fourth season getting a lower rating compared to previous seasons are quite high.

Illyricus said:

Not really the best. But if you want to say a bit "darker" then yeah probably... The author's decisions in this arc are quite terrible. The same goes for the school festival... Though, of course, you'll come to know whether it is or not in the fourth season...
Sep 29, 2018 6:53 AM

Jun 2017
Really excited as an anime only!!

This season was good but I am expecting more from the next one
Sep 29, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2018
From what I can see in this thread, the haters are way louder than the fanboys they're talking about.
Sep 29, 2018 7:03 AM

Jun 2017
AzuFarisNyan said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Lol I watched this show a year ago. Didn't have a MAL account at that time :)

Repeat after me:

>I think Darling in the FRANXX and Sword art online are good anime

>People can have different opinions than me on some shows that I don't like and I will respect them like a normal and respectable person

>I will at least not hate on a show that I have seen only 1 episode of

Well done, now you are a 'somewhat' respectable person than many here who 'dislike' my hero academia
Sep 29, 2018 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Florent3571 said:
From what I can see in this thread, the haters are way louder than the fanboys they're talking about.

That's the thing.

And the worst part the fanboys that they're claiming aren't doing anything to anyone. Instead we have the detractors just shouting and being ass-hats about it.

Not like I have anything against people disliking the series, but the thing is that this is not the case as a whole, but instead being dicks. Just saying.

"Oh how dare you like something that I dislike, how dare you want a sequel of something that is garbo REEEEE."

That's the thread in a nutshell so far.

And again, the detractors are fine to criticize what the show does, disagreements at most are just being placed. But there's a difference between that, and being an absolute cunt about it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

4 by Sealshark122 »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
1 hour ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.