Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2017
Pretty enjoyable episode, though I think his initial speech was better in LN. It was quite funny how they tried to talk themselves out of it. Though I guess it was their best chance to survive. I do kinda feel sorry for Arche's sisters though. And with after ending scene one of my favorite parts finally starts, so I'm quite excited for next episode.

SiMPleT0N said:
I'm getting a bit confused now.. what the hell does Ains want? He was supposed to be a good and empathetic guy right? But since this season..he's getting more and more cruel. He still keeps the good guy act with the Momon character though.
Is it all because of Demiurge's plan? He wasn't so ruthless before. He was fierce in the lizardman arc but in the end he showed some compassion.
What is he turning into?

Well, this plan was drafted by Demiurge, so one can't expect much compassion from it. Though I also think that Ainz is getting more and more affected by his undead nature as the story progresses, so I think that plays the part too. But also in the end the workers did attempt to invade unknown tomb and steal it's riches for themselves, so they should have come with resolve to die. And of course Ainz is trying to keep that ruthless overlord act to look cool to his subordinates, and some of them probably needed supply of humans to keep them satisfied, like the roach guy mentioned before. And Ainz in the end sees them more important than anyone else. Though his eventual end goal is good and compassionate, as will be revealed later on, so he did not quite loose that side of him.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Aug 28, 2018 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Really felt bad for Foresight.Hoped they would survive.But anyway the post credits scene with the Dragon was awesome.

Aug 28, 2018 10:16 AM

Apr 2017
Holy shit this was a savage episode! By far my favorite of this season. It had some great moments with Shalltear too! Seeing her so sadistic gets me all doki-doki <3

Well... I did feel a bit bad for those sweet girls who lost their onee-san... but oh well, that just shows you not to mess with Ainz. And also, Gilgamesh getting shown where his place is by Mare and Aura. Gotta love that :D
Aug 28, 2018 10:17 AM

Oct 2016
GOOOO AINZ! KILL THEM ALL!

DIEEEEE!
Aug 28, 2018 10:17 AM
Mar 2017
That was wild, there will be no mercy for anyone invading Nazarick's Tomb
Seeing Ains furious was incredible, Hekkeran condemned Forseight when he tried to cheat the king of Nazarick's Tomb.
Arche's fate was cruel, but at least the rest of her was a benefit for Ains servants, Entoma has a new voice , good for her.
Without doubt those who have the worst luck are those who were left alive, Roberdyck will become a laboratory rat for Ains' experiments.
The end of the episode was the best, Aura and Mare invaded the castle of the emperor that sent the Workers, the best was that they made it clear that they did not come in peace, the face of the Emperor EL Nix had no price.
Aug 28, 2018 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Surprised that Arche and co actually died in the end; I was expecting them to be spared given they had some backstory given to them unlike the rest of the workers, although it makes the episode that much better for it.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 28, 2018 10:26 AM

May 2017
Favorite episode of whole 3 seasons!!! Already watched it 5 times!!!
Meh...
Aug 28, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2008
For those those who want a bit more context about some of Arche's parts

Silk Hat Demon
A demon with a fiendish physiology. It had no head, and its body was like a withered tree. Two meters tall and had no wings or a tail. It had clawed hands, and its slender body possessed an unimaginable strength.
Abilities

The Silk Hat Demon belongs to a class of demons of that type could equip themselves with the heads of magic casters and use the powers of the heads’ owners. Silk Hats could use four heads at once. For that reason, Silk Hats are capable of casting a maximum of 15 tiers of spells simultaneously. Its power is far above that of a battle maid like CZ2128 Delta, who commented that even she couldn't defeat one alone.
Aug 28, 2018 10:31 AM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Soul_Urge said:
*FBI Alert: There are real psychopaths on this forum!* Unpopular Opinion:
This show is really well done, and I intend to see it through till the end, but what Ains is doing is more evil than anything that anyone has ever done in reality, considering his ability to resurrect people only to continue torturing them. I hope in the future he gets defeated and get a taste of his own medicine.

LOLOL go back to shitty shounen shows if that's what you're hoping for

Hello Mr.Elitist, did I hurt your little feelings because I had an opinion?
Alright, since you brought this up, I've already completed 4 times the amount of anime you have ever watched, in every genre, are you happy now?
Aug 28, 2018 10:32 AM
Jan 2012
I feel bad for the little twins hoping to see their sister again. But I love the look on that smug princes' face at the end.
Aug 28, 2018 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
Soul_Urge said:
Darklight0303 said:

LOLOL go back to shitty shounen shows if that's what you're hoping for

Alright, since you brought this up, I've already completed 4 times the amount of anime you have ever watched, in every genre, are you happy now?

Hahahaha of course the textbook defense of your average MAL'er. using the list as an argument. Even though I have not updated mine in years. Nice try though. You still get an F for trying
Aug 28, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Soul_Urge said:

Hahahaha of course the textbook defense of your average MAL'er. using the list as an argument. Even though I have not updated mine in years. Nice try though. You still get an F for trying
What difference does it make what he thinks?

I've noticed in almost every episode thread for this entire series, you've jumped all over anyone who didn't like the show. Relax. It doesn't matter.
Aug 28, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
Can someone fill me in what is with that "lie" and "shiny" about?

I don't think I miss anything in anime.

Also, please do mention spoiler if those were spoiler.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Aug 28, 2018 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
I thought Ainz was still human inside but with this episode it's definitely been clear to me that he is not. Or I don't know what he's trying to do because a few episodes ago he said that if he meets any of his former friends he'll apologize for what he's done. He is not only bad but also cruel, so who the hell am I supposed to be supporting in this series, the humans who don't stand a single chance and are only there to be slaughtered or Ainz who's a piece of shit?
Aug 28, 2018 11:01 AM
Mar 2018
This might be an unpopular opinion but I felt some kind of joy when Ainz defeated them like it was nothing. Like he hides his true strength and then just see the people tremble in fear when he unleashes it. Awesome episode, solid 10/10
Aug 28, 2018 11:03 AM
Mar 2015
By who ? Ainz or someone else?
Don't click this if you already feel bad enough

[/quote]
Aug 28, 2018 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
That was just legendary savagery. I love it. By far the best episode since Ains vs Shalltear.
Aug 28, 2018 11:05 AM
Mar 2015
[quote=Kaiser_Senpai message=55565928][quote=Necromia message=55565860]
Kaiser_Senpai said:
I feel bad for those sisters.. One-chan died and now they are alone..
I like Ainz and when he kills those scumbags and shit like that but killing that group felt a bit too evil, I mean he is a human after all
Now I want him to kill the prince, I don't care about him.

Anime and LN leaves out some parts that the author later confirmed on his page.

@ Who sold them, Ainz or someone else?
Aug 28, 2018 11:07 AM
Oct 2017
Dekondz said:

He's never was a good guy, where u saw it? Oo
This is a history about a main villain...

Darklight0303 said:

Good? Empathetic? Hahahahah what show have you been watching. Ainz has always done anything and I mean anything that serves the purpose of Nazarick and his children the NPC's

Wasn't he? Like when the members of "Swords of Darkness" were killed, he empathized with Ninya right? And later when he met Tuareninya and realized her relationship with Ninya he decided to put her under his protection.
Aug 28, 2018 11:07 AM
Mar 2015
Necromia said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:
I like Ainz and when he kills those scumbags and shit like that but killing that group felt a bit too evil, I mean he is a human after all

Was it done by Ainz or someone else? @ Spoiler
Aug 28, 2018 11:10 AM
Oct 2017
MrZawa said:

Well, this plan was drafted by Demiurge, so one can't expect much compassion from it. Though I also think that Ainz is getting more and more affected by his undead nature as the story progresses, so I think that plays the part too. But also in the end the workers did attempt to invade unknown tomb and steal it's riches for themselves, so they should have come with resolve to die. And of course Ainz is trying to keep that ruthless overlord act to look cool to his subordinates, and some of them probably needed supply of humans to keep them satisfied, like the roach guy mentioned before. And Ainz in the end sees them more important than anyone else. Though his eventual end goal is good and compassionate, as will be revealed later on, so he did not quite loose that side of him.

I agree. Thanks for the assurance, looking forward to it! n_n
Aug 28, 2018 11:15 AM

Feb 2015
Necromia said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

WHATT?!??!?!? ok now i know just literally realize what kind of story this is.
Aug 28, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
can someone tel me in detail what exactly happened to arche in the ln because people said the ln is way more darker. i want to know it in detail
Aug 28, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2016
Love this episode I have to admit that Ainz is one of the few character that disturb me because of his sadistic and cruel killing like Ciel,Kiritsugu and Alucard who all disturb me.But Regardless I Still like him a lot My most favourite anime character of all time and his badass is very awesome this episode.

I feel nothing but pity with the workers.Especially Arche especially when she was vomiting It was sad too see her like that I can t stomach to repeat that episode watching Arche vomiting like that. You could call what Ainz did Arche was ruthless and cruel but for him he show a different form of mercy.Regardless I still think what Ainz and Nazarick did Too Arche was cruel she was small girl and have selfless intentions.

Arche met horrible end and achieve nothing as her sisters die of overwork in light novel I suppose it happen here too. She seal her fate when she decide to enter this tomb and achieve nothing but getting herself kill.

Looking Emperor jinx and his surborniates shaking in their boots is laughable to say the least. Don t mess with Ainz and Nazarick this is the end result.

Hahaha trying to get help from Momon to save themself from Ainz. They have no clue that Momon is Ainz in hero disguise and sadly they will never found out.
PrideRoyalIvyAug 28, 2018 11:27 AM

Aug 28, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2016
This part was great in the Light Novel and Great in the anime well done madhouse!
Aug 28, 2018 11:23 AM
Apr 2012
YizelTro said:
can someone tel me in detail what exactly happened to arche in the ln because people said the ln is way more darker. i want to know it in detail

She was killed and every part of her body was used for something in Nazaric.

The Entoma (spider maid) now has her voice.
Her head was given to the Silk hat demons.
Her arms are given to deadman struggle.
Demiurge took her skin.
Grant's children ate the rest.
Aug 28, 2018 11:26 AM

Aug 2015
Brutal so brutal man especially the sisters scene my heart felt the pain.
Aug 28, 2018 11:27 AM
Apr 2008
I just want to say that THIS ANIME IS FUCKIN EPIC

FUCKIN BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY AMAZING!!!
kutcheroAug 28, 2018 11:31 AM
Aug 28, 2018 11:27 AM

Feb 2015
ssj4jw said:
YizelTro said:

Demiurge took her skin.

that is the same like this episode. someone said that the ln is way more darker than this episode saying that she became shalltear slave or somethin ?
Aug 28, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2015
YizelTro said:
ssj4jw said:

Demiurge took her skin.

that is the same like this episode. someone said that the ln is way more darker than this episode saying that she became shalltear slave or somethin ?
She becomes sex slave of shelter in web novel version
Aug 28, 2018 11:30 AM
Apr 2012
YizelTro said:
ssj4jw said:

Demiurge took her skin.

It's the same in the light novel. In the web novel she became Shalltear's sex toy and she also teaches Ainz how to dance. She also given the privilege to later live as a civilian in a log cabin on the 6th Floor with her sisters.
Aug 28, 2018 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
ssj4jw said:
YizelTro said:

It's the same in the light novel. In the web novel she became Shalltear's sex toy and she also teaches Ainz how to dance. She also given the privilege to later live as a civilian in a log cabin on the 6th Floor with her sisters.

well, i think that's better than this episode hahaha but still...DAMN
Aug 28, 2018 11:32 AM

May 2013
duhu1148 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I've noticed in almost every episode thread for this entire series, you've jumped all over anyone who didn't like the show. Relax. It doesn't matter.

It's the opposite, I like this show a lot, I simply do not personally approve of Ains actions. In the case of my friends, sometimes they do things I do not agree with but I still consider them my best friends. I would say this anime did a good job of making me break my silence for the first time while I'm at work.

Darklight0303 said:
Soul_Urge said:

Nervous laughter I see, laughing at your own jokes is pathetic, you just admitted how lazy you are, even though you have been signed up to this site since 2008 wtf dude, take this L.
Aug 28, 2018 11:34 AM
Mar 2007
SkyLETV said:
I thought Ainz was still human inside but with this episode it's definitely been clear to me that he is not. Or I don't know what he's trying to do because a few episodes ago he said that if he meets any of his former friends he'll apologize for what he's done. He is not only bad but also cruel, so who the hell am I supposed to be supporting in this series, the humans who don't stand a single chance and are only there to be slaughtered or Ainz who's a piece of shit?

He's not human anymore. He's in the body of an undead with no heartbeat, hunger or emotions. He has the memory of those things, but the biological components don't exist in him in his current form.

His allegiance lies only in Nazarick. Everything else is just a stepping stone.
Aug 28, 2018 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
Soul_Urge said:
duhu1148 said:

It's the opposite, I like this show a lot, I simply do not personally approve of Ains actions. In the case of my friends, sometimes they do things I do not agree with but I still consider them my best friends. I would say this anime did a good job of making me break my silence for the first time while I'm at work.

Darklight0303 said:

Nervous laughter I see, laughing at your own jokes is pathetic, you just admitted how lazy you are, even though you have been signed up to this site since 2008 wtf dude, take this L.

LMAO TOP 10 ANIME FIGHTS
Aug 28, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
Souzo_ said:
SkyLETV said:

He's not human anymore. He's in the body of an undead with no heartbeat, hunger or emotions. He has the memory of those things, but the biological components don't exist in him in his current form.

His allegiance lies only in Nazarick. Everything else is just a stepping stone.

literally just as realistic as it can be. tbh i didnt realize that until now.
if this anime has those ecchi fucking harem genre where the main character teleported into another world ainz wouldnt be like that.
Aug 28, 2018 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
"Hans... are we the baddies?"
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 28, 2018 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
honestly. im not trying to going with the flow in the community and said, "no mercy. love it" and im not gonna say that i love it, rather it makes me excited. and as for why, it's because how powerful and unbeatable a character can be that even it's opponent cannot even do anything. that kind of thing is really rare to see in another film where literally the main character is way past about winning from their opponent. they can even torture them or bring them to live without letting all of his power out. that's the reason why it gets me excited. saitama is an example but this one is on the dark route

and for the deaths of those 4 unfortunate character, i honestly feel bad about them, this episode while it gets me excited, it makes me sad really much especially when arche's two little sister said something like that in the end. and the fact that scene appeared after the scene where entoma explain what happened to her body. just pure sadness right now. the fact that this character doesnt do anything wrong, nor she is the main or big character nor even she has some powerfull strength or ability, she cannot do anything and died in a horrible way. and then i saw someone said that her sisters became
holyshit the sadness just got worse.

either way, a freaking good episode. next episode is gonna be awesome too. cant wait for that.
YizelTroAug 28, 2018 11:55 AM
Aug 28, 2018 11:50 AM
Nov 2016
Well, the blonde emperor is fucked....

Kinda felt bad for the adventurers
Aug 28, 2018 11:51 AM

Feb 2015
Overlord s moral boundary has always been very fluid. Ainz wants what's best for Nazarick. Have to say I felt for Archie's sisters, Shaltear was best girl this episode, someone needs to make a gif of her licking and saying salty so I can use it for years to come.
Aug 28, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2018
Damn, things got serious

Best episode this season. The post-credits scene was awesome too. Feel sorry for Arche and her friends though
Aug 28, 2018 12:05 PM

Sep 2017
Good,this was exciting.I think this episode was the best one so far.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Aug 28, 2018 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
Amazing, he taught the puny humans who Ainz Ooal Gown really is!
Aug 28, 2018 12:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bloody hell that was a smackdown of the highest calibre. Absolutely relentless owning of the opposition. Well done indeed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 28, 2018 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
Sooo fuckin hype for the next episode, best after credits scene ever
Aug 28, 2018 12:18 PM
Feb 2009
Hoooly shit post credit scene! Uff best episode yet! God dam it I need to wait another week :'(
Aug 28, 2018 12:19 PM
Jan 2017
Holy shit, remind me to never get attached to the human characters in this show ever again lol
Aug 28, 2018 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
i laughed when the group said Momon would back them up...kinda wished Ains would go IT WAS ME! at them lol

and now i cant wait for pretty boy to get his shit wrecked
Aug 28, 2018 12:23 PM

Mar 2018
aLotQuestion_ said:
Can someone fill me in what is with that "lie" and "shiny" about?

I don't think I miss anything in anime.

Also, please do mention spoiler if those were spoiler.

Well, i was confused too at first when they start talking about "permission". Then i reminded that he changed his name from Momon to Ains Ooal Gown (the guild name) at S1 so his guildmate or at least Ygddrasil player would recognize the name and come to contact him, if by any chance that they transfered to another world like him.

Back to your question, about "lie", i'd assume it's the same case with my confusion about "permission". The only person that can give a permission to take something from nazarick would be the guild member themself, so having this information told, Ains accused the Foresight leader for "lying" and bluffing.
About the "shiny", the Foresight leader told Ainz that he got permission from the "shiny" person. The only "shiny" person that i could think of is TouchMe, Ains comrade, the person who created Sebas (he was shown on S1 if i'm not mistaken). That's why Ains believed him at first, but realized that was a lie all along when he heard the message from this "shiny" person refer him as "Ains", not "Momon", because if the message is really came from his comrade, that person would know that "Ains" is a guild's name, not a person name.
Aug 28, 2018 12:25 PM

Oct 2008
Why Ainz go through the trouble of fighting/talking to them if he planned to kill them anyways? Made me think that he would spare one to deliver the message or something. Didn't see any reason why he would need to be personally involved in the testing of Nazarick defense.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.