Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2018 7:55 PM
Dec 2017
as we got news about a month ago that "the promised neverland" manga is getting an anime adaptation (and i love that manga) but its studio is not finalized at the moment. so my question is what studio do you want to take it?
as for me i want "kyoto animation" to animate it (as this manga is not much of an action but more of a battle of wits) so it should look beautiful (like hyouka) none the less.
what you think?
May 24, 2018 8:33 PM

Sep 2016
Pra_has said:
as for me i want "kyoto animation" to animate it (as this manga is not much of an action but more of a battle of wits) so it should look beautiful (like hyouka) none the less.
what you think?

No, KyoAni is not the right choice because the Manga itself doesn't suit with KyoAni style. I think the best studio is Bones.
May 24, 2018 8:35 PM

Jan 2009
YonkouProductions already leak that CloverWorks will be the anime studio making The Promise Neverland

CloverWorks recent work is Darling In The FranXX
May 24, 2018 8:51 PM
Mar 2017
Nabelia said:
Pra_has said:
what you think?

No, KyoAni is not the right choice because the Manga itself doesn't suit with KyoAni style. I think the best studio is Bones.

They also have BNHA, is it okay to pick up Neverland? Bones is more famous on action or movement based anime like Haikyuu. Promised Neverland is more psychology and thriller stuff. Kyoto Animation is comparable with the artstyle, but.... They never do dark anime, I would love to see them do something different for once.

We can cross WIT, they have tons of anime project.

deg said:
YonkouProductions already leak that CloverWorks will be the anime studio making The Promise Neverland

Hmmm, CloverWorks apparently part of A1. They better do good job on the anime. A1 have 50/50 chance of good and bad 😂😂😂
comedyloverMay 24, 2018 9:27 PM
May 24, 2018 9:23 PM
Dec 2017
Nabelia said:
Pra_has said:
what you think?

as @comedylover said bones is more action oriented studio so as A-1 i think kyoto will be good as the first arc is set in farm with minimum to no action at all and if they make a second season then kyoto can easily pull off action (as in later arcs) as well.
May 24, 2018 9:25 PM

Apr 2016
Nabelia said:

BONES will most likely not do it. Considering they have many shows and movies in production and are currently airing.
May 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Mar 2015
deg said:

the leak turn out false since the staff listed in the news reject the rumor... the studio isn't one of them that reject it BTW...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 24, 2018 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
Kuma said:
deg said:

the leak turn out false since the staff listed in the news reject the rumor... the studio isn't one of them that reject it BTW...

did not know that since YonkouProductions is usually reliable for leaks
May 24, 2018 10:18 PM

Jun 2017
The one who made Made in Abyss? Don't really know which studio is.

May 24, 2018 10:27 PM
Dec 2017
Jare4lopez said:
The one who made Made in Abyss? Don't really know which studio is.
you mean citrus. yeah they can pull it off but they are well famous for moe art and i dont think neverland suits moe (i cant imagine ray to be moe). but it cant because it is too busy for second season of made in abyss right now.
and i think both MiA 2 and neverland will clash this winter.
Pra_hasMay 24, 2018 10:37 PM
May 24, 2018 11:09 PM

Dec 2015
MADHOUSE and UFOTABLE should collaborate and animate everything.
May 25, 2018 3:06 AM

Sep 2017
i hope studio pierrot animates itjn
Edward Elric > your waifu

May 25, 2018 3:12 AM
Dec 2017
Dlwuik said:
i hope studio pierrot animates itjn
i just hope they don't try to change it a little bit (just you know what i am saying XD)
May 25, 2018 3:45 AM

Feb 2010
Anything but ufotable pretty much is okay with me
I probably regret this post by now.
May 25, 2018 3:53 AM

Nov 2016
A-1 or Brains Base. The former seems more likely,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2018 3:59 AM

Oct 2017
WIT Studio or Kinema Citrus.
Pls keep Pierrot away from this.
May 25, 2018 4:06 AM

Nov 2014
Madhouse is masterpiece for psychological/thriller.
May 25, 2018 4:22 AM
Jul 2015
I think i should do it for you all neverland fans! Time to finalize, studio bryanlovesanime it is. Art: stick figures
May 25, 2018 4:25 AM

Apr 2014
I think Xebec could actually do a good job with this, as they did a good job with other psychological shows as well (It's not what they're known for, but they have made them).
May 25, 2018 4:32 AM

Mar 2015
Pullman said:

i think ufotable will adapting kimetsu no yaiba rather than yakusoku no neverland....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 25, 2018 4:47 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Just a rumor and I don't know if its true but, anime news Twitter account Yonkou Production says that the rumored studio is CloverWorks. It's part of A-1 Pictures and made Persona 5, Slow Start and is part of Darling in the FranXX. I already expected that A-1 would do this so I can believe it. https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/996986690190229504
There will also be a "Super Important Announcement' this week for the series so we will be probably hear it then.
KushHazeMay 25, 2018 4:51 AM
May 25, 2018 4:54 AM
Jan 2016
I don't think it fits the KyoAni style, and Bones is more action and has a lot on its plate.
I think Kinema Citrus could do it well because of how they pulled off Made In Abyss, which, I think, is kinda similar to Neverland. Both are pretty dark, and more psychological than action. We know Kinema Citrus can do monsters well, and they're obviously capable of stunning art.
May 25, 2018 5:13 AM
Dec 2017
Kababi said:
I don't think it fits the KyoAni style, and Bones is more action and has a lot on its plate.
I think Kinema Citrus could do it well because of how they pulled off Made In Abyss, which, I think, is kinda similar to Neverland. Both are pretty dark, and more psychological than action. We know Kinema Citrus can do monsters well, and they're obviously capable of stunning art.
i dont think citrus will take it as its hands are pretty full of MiA-2 (and its going to be great so they focus more on it)
May 25, 2018 5:14 AM
Dec 2017
KushHaze said:
Just a rumor and I don't know if its true but, anime news Twitter account Yonkou Production says that the rumored studio is CloverWorks. It's part of A-1 Pictures and made Persona 5, Slow Start and is part of Darling in the FranXX. I already expected that A-1 would do this so I can believe it. https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/996986690190229504
There will also be a "Super Important Announcement' this week for the series so we will be probably hear it then.
the rumor is not true i confirmed it on my other thread its just a hoax.
May 25, 2018 5:15 AM
Dec 2017
BryanLovesAnime said:
I think i should do it for you all neverland fans! Time to finalize, studio bryanlovesanime it is. Art: stick figures
now i am hyped for it even more, BryanLovesAnime studio is just marvelous, their stick figure animation is just top notch (premium good......*smooch*...)
May 25, 2018 5:30 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Pra_has said:
KushHaze said:
Can you share the link that confirms its not true?
May 25, 2018 5:41 AM

Sep 2016
I want Kinema Citrus with Kevin Penkin on the OST but i dont think thats possible because they are busy with Tate no Yuusha and Revue Starlight.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 25, 2018 5:50 AM
Dec 2013
Lerche would be a decent studio for this, I guess.
May 25, 2018 6:33 AM

Mar 2015
KushHaze said:
Pra_has said:

>what true

anime adaptation pretty much confirmed, since cover leaks is more legetimate than unsourced rumours (it's also hard to faked anyways)... so any information from cover leaks like anime adaptation character design, and it aired in Fuji TV noitamina block in 2019 is confirmed..

>what untrue

the staff rumors...
Masayoshi Tanaka (who is supposed to be the characters design of TPN) denied the rumors on his twitter.
https://twitter.com/tanamasa0119/status/997107122499301378
The post says overall that its the first time he heard that hes working on the chara design of TPN and hes not doing it.
Masayoshi Tanaka and now Kyohei Ishiguro both confirmed on Twitter that they are NOT working on the anime.
credit: @Spectro889 @datrandomdude

>what unconfiermed

the studio behind it... the rumor of cloverworks or ufotable already stayed a while,
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8g4amq/on_may_5th_studio_ufotable_will_announce_a_new/
none made confirmation that they will done TPN adaptation...
KumaMay 25, 2018 6:41 AM
May 25, 2018 6:39 AM

May 2014
Pierrot of course, they've never let us down ever.
May 25, 2018 6:46 AM

Jun 2017
PolarCyrus97 said:
I want Kinema Citrus with Kevin Penkin on the OST but i dont think thats possible because they are busy with Tate no Yuusha and Revue Starlight.
'
Oh my god that would be incredible !!

I hope it happens..

BTW I don't think Tate no yuusha will come till 2020 considering Kinema Citrus is an awesome but at the same time a lazy studio..
May 25, 2018 7:07 AM

Apr 2014
bones or shaft are my best bets for ynn. i really want a good adaption since its pretty obvious it will get one. prob my fav manga rn
May 25, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
I'm hoping it's not Pierrot, they go hand-to-hand with manga adaptations from WSJ and destroy almost everything they try to adapt.

No chance KyoAni is animating it. They only do cutesy and moe stuff, things that make you go 'awww'. They're not gonna pick this up just because you want to see how they would do.

Ufotable is equally doubtful, they haven't picked up a TV anime --outside Fate and video game adaptations-- in ages. And they have no reason to start doing it now. Besides, YnN doesn't fit their usual M-O.

I could see Wit doing well with this, but they're probably still working on SnK S3 and Vinland Saga.

Would be great if Kinema Citrus did it, it would be pretty good for their portfolio if they had another great adaptation under their belt, but I somehow doubt it will happen.

Madhouse could do it, they're pretty good with this kind of stuff, would fit them like a glove.

Brain's Base I hope not, they've only been doing 1-2 anime per year, and basically, everything they've done in recent years has been pretty terrible.

Xebec wouldn't be good either. They're only good with older shows like Uchuu Senkan Yamato (and recently Fullmetal Panic). Besides, they mostly do ecchi, hence why they picked up Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san.

No idea about Lerche.

Shaft is doubtful too, they're too busy milking Nisio Isin to care about anything else. And they've fuck up almost every time they tried to deviate from franchises they had already established.

So, yeah, these are my two cents about this matter. Even though I haven't read YnN, here I am most likely wasting my time...sigh...
joe_g7May 25, 2018 7:51 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 25, 2018 8:25 AM

May 2015
the best studio for neverland is manglobe.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
May 25, 2018 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
I am Kyoto Animation's biggest fan but I don't want them working on Neverland. Neverland should be handled by either Madhouse or Bones. I am more inclined towards the former because they are the best when it comes to dark thrillers like Neverland. No studio comes close really.

But it will all boil down to the staff. Also music will play an essential part to bring the grim atmosphere of Neverland so let's hope we get awesome sound director and music composer for this one.

If this is done right, it could truly become one of the best shounen anime to come out for a long, long time.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 25, 2018 3:41 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Kuma said:
KushHaze said:

>what true

anime adaptation pretty much confirmed, since cover leaks is more legetimate than unsourced rumours (it's also hard to faked anyways)... so any information from cover leaks like anime adaptation character design, and it aired in Fuji TV noitamina block in 2019 is confirmed..

>what untrue

the staff rumors...
Masayoshi Tanaka (who is supposed to be the characters design of TPN) denied the rumors on his twitter.
https://twitter.com/tanamasa0119/status/997107122499301378
The post says overall that its the first time he heard that hes working on the chara design of TPN and hes not doing it.
Masayoshi Tanaka and now Kyohei Ishiguro both confirmed on Twitter that they are NOT working on the anime.
credit: @Spectro889 @datrandomdude

>what unconfiermed

the studio behind it... the rumor of cloverworks or ufotable already stayed a while,
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8g4amq/on_may_5th_studio_ufotable_will_announce_a_new/
none made confirmation that they will done TPN adaptation...
Thanks for the info! didn't knew this. Just got the rumor from someone and didn't do any research for it myself. It was about the studio. He said that "the rumor is not true i confirmed it on my other thread its just a hoax" so I wanted the link to check it out.
May 25, 2018 3:48 PM

Apr 2015
[insert The Canipa Effect video about how studios don't really ma - blah blah blah blah blah .. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... uhh oh yeah they don't ... zzzzzzzzzz]
observing a woman's body
May 26, 2018 5:53 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Pullman said:

Whats wrong wuth ufotable? I'm curious.

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

83 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

24 by hypergoob »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

12 by Shrimp_Tail »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 5 minutes ago

0 by Timeline_man »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

36 by Jonas-K »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.