Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de' Receives TV Anime Adaptation

New
May 21, 2018 8:17 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website opened for a TV anime adaptation of Mine and Kabocha's Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de ([New Life+] Young Again in Another World) light novel series on Tuesday. The anime is scheduled to air in October 2018.

Synopsis
When death tapped Renya Kunugi on the shoulder, he smiled and went willingly. After enjoying a nice, long life of 94 years, he was looking forward to shutting his eyes for the last time. He was, therefore, understandably upset when he woke up again in an empty space, devoid of memories, with a young girl in a tunic rambling on and on about how she's God. So, he did what any reasonable person would have done under those circumstances: he sent the girl flying with a kick to the face. It turned out that the girl was indeed God, and she was in a pinch. She urgently needed someone to do some interdimensional Resource smuggling, and Renya fit the bill.

His mission: cross the boundary into another world, then chill for a few decades. God would handle the rest. To sweeten the deal, she offered him an eighteen-year-old body and a whole laundry list of ludicrously powerful skills, yet he remained hesitant. Then, she mentioned the food—an exotic world comes with exotic delicacies—and this sealed the deal. The next thing he knew, he was standing in a foreign land, younger, stronger, and more clueless than ever. Will he survive this world? And more importantly, will the world survive him? (Source: J-Novel Club, edited)

Staff
Director: Keitarou Motonaga (Jormungand)
Series Composition: Takamitsu Kouno (Minami-ke Tadaima)
Script: Takamitsu Kouno, Touko Machida (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records), Koujirou Nakamura (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!), Chabou Higurashi (Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen)
Character Design: Makoto Takahoko (Nana Maru San Batsu)
Studio: Seven Arcs Pictures

Mine originally launched the adventure fantasy novel in the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in January 2014, which has garnered over 189 million views. The series has been publishing under Hobby Japan's HJ Bunko imprint with illustrations by Kabocha since November 2014, and its 18th volume will ship this Thursday.

A manga adaptation drawn by Satoru Abo began serialization in ComicWalker web manga service in June 2016, and has been collected into four compiled volumes as of January 22. Kadokawa plans to publish the fifth volume on June 6. Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de has a cumulative 1 million copies of its light novel and manga volumes in circulation.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel in English and published the second volume digitally on April 30. The third volume is scheduled for a July 2 release.

Official site: http://nidomeno-jinsei.com/
Official Twitter: @nidomeno_jinsei

Source: Anime Recorder
VindstotFeb 6, 2019 9:59 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2018 8:21 PM
Jan 2014
Inb4 isekai cry posts
May 21, 2018 8:23 PM

Oct 2017
here come the love comments from the people of the isekai lol waiting for the anime adaptation of the isekai of the Milf :)
RamTrinity98May 21, 2018 8:35 PM
May 21, 2018 8:25 PM

Apr 2015
This honestly sounds like the blandest show I have ever heard of.
May 21, 2018 8:32 PM

Aug 2015
More isekai.. more OP MC.... More harem.... Oh well... I wish they would adapt a unique isekai novel into an anime..

Wait... Is there even a unique isekai in the first place...? XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 21, 2018 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
People crying below that another Isekai got an adaptation instead of their favorite work even thought the companies are so different from each anime. lol
May 21, 2018 8:43 PM

Jul 2014
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another isekai.... aaaaaaaaaaaaand another I'm gonna watch.

...I like the girls on the cover of the first volume :P
May 21, 2018 9:07 PM

Jan 2018
Well, if it's a Harem anime with OP MC then im definitely gonna watch this.
May 21, 2018 9:53 PM

Apr 2015
Well, I'll guess I'll just die
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2018 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
Actually the manga adaption is not bad so i'm looking for the anime. :)
May 21, 2018 10:24 PM
Aug 2013
Excellent any light novel is more than welcome

May 21, 2018 11:03 PM

Nov 2014
That sounds quite interesting. I just hope his age will show somehow so he won't be another dense high schooler.
May 21, 2018 11:11 PM

Sep 2016
God sure likes sending people to other worlds
May 21, 2018 11:22 PM

May 2015
Well...I haven't really seen another Isekai for a while...But I'm going to give this one a chance because it's Seven Arcs that's doing it...Looks like I got something to watch for Fall 2018...
May 21, 2018 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
Another Isekai more...
Even if I’m a fraud, I know my dream isn’t wrong...
May 21, 2018 11:34 PM

Apr 2013
Here's some hope that he's not another clueless and dense harem MC since he should be past puberty by now.
May 21, 2018 11:35 PM

Oct 2010
So, what's the plot? Does he have to defeat someone? Conquer lands? Bang all the girls? What? Resource smuggling sounds weird.
CatalanoMay 21, 2018 11:38 PM
May 22, 2018 12:23 AM

Jan 2017
RamTrinity98 said:
here come the love comments from the people of the isekai lol waiting for the anime adaptation of the isekai of the Milf :)
This one has Milfs??
Aha! I'm gonna love it !!!

Plus i m really enjoying all these hate comments, LOL XD
May 22, 2018 12:24 AM

Dec 2015
Renya Kunugi character design remind me to Glenn Radars from Rokudenashi anime....
May 22, 2018 12:42 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Too many recent isekai adaptions haven't been that good. Let's hope this is an improvement
May 22, 2018 12:49 AM

Oct 2017
silent_knight98 said:
RamTrinity98 said:
This one has Milfs??

I was referring to this announce an animated adaptation of this isekai lol
https://myanimelist.net/manga/103578/Tsujou_Kougeki_ga_Zentai_Kougeki_de_2-kai_Kougeki_no_Okaasan_wa_Suki_desu_ka
May 22, 2018 12:50 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, sure i mean why not.
May 22, 2018 12:57 AM
Jul 2015
Meira_Eve said:
More isekai.. more OP MC.... More harem.... Oh well... I wish they would adapt a unique isekai novel into an anime..

How about Kenja no Mago ?

Non-harem, gender balanced cast, multiple side couples, only one waifu for the protagonist.....

I can't wait for Kenja no Mago anime to come out..... Hopefully it will not be Diomedia ( The horror !! ) making the anime.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
May 22, 2018 1:04 AM

Apr 2009
It's not even a good sport to bet that our 94 y.o. MC gets not only a 18 y.o. body but a 14 y.o. mentality as well.
May 22, 2018 1:13 AM

Jul 2015
Another disgusting harem isekai

This medium is hopeless
May 22, 2018 1:23 AM
Jul 2015
By the way, I read from Famitsu Bunko's Twitter page that the Isekai genre Kenja no Mago series ( including all the LN and Manga volumes ) have sold 1.2 million copies by now.

Quite impressive, since Mago is a non-harem Light Novel series from Narou, with a gender balanced cast, and where the MC's close male friend has Top 3 characters screentime ( other than the MC and single heroine ) and Main Cast level treatment in it. In comparison, the recent volume 15 of the harem series Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut released just a week ago has a wrapper on the cover saying the series has sold 1.1 million copies, and this is despite having a major headstart over Mago since the serialization of Saijaku Muhai started around August 2013 which is nearly 2 years before the serialization of the LN and Manga of Kenja no Mago started in July 2015. Saijaku also already had an Anime for added publicity while Mago has yet to start Anime airing, so the sales comparison is quite intriguing......

Well, I can understand the reason why it isn't able to sell much like other heavy hitters from Narou like Re:Zero and KonoSuba, since I've watched the anime of Saijaku Muhai, and boy is it boring for me. The MC Lux is just too girly, whiney, lame and boring in Saijaku Muhai, and there's just too much girls with template personalities, that I find Rokudenashi Majutsu more entertaining to watch, despite focusing only on 2 girls compared to the 5 or 6 in Saijaku Muhai.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
May 22, 2018 1:23 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i see a row of hot girls

and thats all i need to see to know im going to watch
May 22, 2018 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
Well, there's one upside to bland, rehashed isekai series - you just need couple of minutes to see if it sucks too much to watch. No 3 episodes rules or crap like that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 22, 2018 2:20 AM

May 2009
I wasn't expecting this but I'm realy glad, the light novel is actually great and a nice departure from the usual isekai tropes.

The MC being a former 94-yo, he's quite mature and not dense, and since he lost his memories from his former life, the only thing that he has as an advantage are his motor skills (and a few cheats he gets from god but he doesn't fully realize how broken they are until later on). Also, he was a war veteran, expert swordsman and apparently a blacksmith in his former life (which makes for a really funny scene when the goddess realizes he was quite OP even before his reincarnation). So he's quite a battle junkie and the battles are really gruesome and gorey, this might get booted to censoring hell. The female characters don't beat around the bush and feel like actual people instead of being tropey cardboard cutouts, I won't talk much about them as there's quite a gap between their first appearances and actual personalities, the twist at the end of volume 1 was what made me fall in love with this series so I don't want to ruin this for anyone. As a side note, three volumes in there's no tsundere character.
May 22, 2018 2:56 AM
Jul 2016
elkensteyin said:
Too many recent isekai adaptions haven't been that good. Let's hope this is an improvement

still waiting for tensei mushoku...
May 22, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2016
The fuck when Mushoku Tensei never got an anime adaptation.

Well, at least it was good that I don't need to continue the manga.
May 22, 2018 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Well, the staff looks decent so at least it's not going to be a low-budget anime like Hyakuren Haou or Smartphone.

In Fall we are going to have a lot of LN adaptations, currently we have:

- SAO
- Index
- Goblin Slayer
- Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai
- Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
- Seishun Buta Yarou
- Ulysses
- Nidoume no Jinsei wo Isekai de

And it's likely that we also get Kenja no Mago, Nariagari, Isekai Cheat Magician or Zoku Owarimonogatari.

Good to see that after the crappy 2016 and 2017 seasons, finally we are going to have a great Fall season this year.
May 22, 2018 3:01 AM
Jul 2016
tragedydesu said:
Another disgusting harem isekai

This medium is hopeless

you know, commenting the exact same thing on every single new isekai anime thread is not gonna stop more isekai anime from growing
May 22, 2018 3:10 AM

Mar 2014
This was easily the worst isekai I ever read.
May 22, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2011
yes to more isekai
yes to more isekai
i need more

May 22, 2018 3:54 AM

Mar 2014
Looks crap and generic as heck... but I might as well watch it .-.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 22, 2018 4:15 AM

Mar 2015
the manga was rushed AF.... i have no idea first few chapter about... might check LN...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 22, 2018 4:52 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I'm a simple man. I see cute blondies, I PTW.
May 22, 2018 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
the manga was rushed AF.... i have no idea first few chapter about... might check LN...

The manga skips the first 40-50 pages of the LN.
May 22, 2018 5:22 AM

May 2012
Another great isekai anime. We need more of these

The cute girls in this show a lone make it worth watching. The blond lady has some hot looking legs
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/manga/2/186027l.jpg
May 22, 2018 5:40 AM

Jan 2017
RamTrinity98 said:
silent_knight98 said:
This one has Milfs??

I was referring to this announce an animated adaptation of this isekai lol
https://myanimelist.net/manga/103578/Tsujou_Kougeki_ga_Zentai_Kougeki_de_2-kai_Kougeki_no_Okaasan_wa_Suki_desu_ka
Damn !!!
And here i was, thinking that i finally got my best Isekai Harem show
LOL XD

Oh btw, does the LN u mentioned is getting anime adaptation or are u just hoping?
May 22, 2018 5:54 AM

Jan 2017
PaulNamida said:
I wasn't expecting this but I'm realy glad, the light novel is actually great and a nice departure from the usual isekai tropes.

The MC being a former 94-yo, he's quite mature and not dense, and since he lost his memories from his former life, the only thing that he has as an advantage are his motor skills (and a few cheats he gets from god but he doesn't fully realize how broken they are until later on). Also, he was a war veteran, expert swordsman and apparently a blacksmith in his former life (which makes for a really funny scene when the goddess realizes he was quite OP even before his reincarnation). So he's quite a battle junkie and the battles are really gruesome and gorey, this might get booted to censoring hell. The female characters don't beat around the bush and feel like actual people instead of being tropey cardboard cutouts, I won't talk much about them as there's quite a gap between their first appearances and actual personalities, the twist at the end of volume 1 was what made me fall in love with this series so I don't want to ruin this for anyone. As a side note, three volumes in there's no tsundere character.
A non-Tsundere harem, an OP character who is not dense and very strong even without god's powers, gorey action scenes......
U sir, have made my day :-D
May 22, 2018 6:05 AM
May 2018
Wut this is actually a good one
May 22, 2018 6:11 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
dantex11 said:
elkensteyin said:

still waiting for tensei mushoku...

Same - that's my favorite isekai LN/Manga!
May 22, 2018 6:20 AM

Feb 2009
Now I'm definitely sure HJ Bunko made J-novel pick this up to translate since it's getting an anime adaptation so it can get some attention in the English community. Now everytime they get a new series to translate it's almost certain it will have an anime down the line. Got to pay attention on any new stuff they do.

This was on my plan to read list so time to get started on it.
May 22, 2018 6:33 AM

Aug 2015
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Meira_Eve said:

How about Kenja no Mago ?

Non-harem, gender balanced cast, multiple side couples, only one waifu for the protagonist.....

I can't wait for Kenja no Mago anime to come out..... Hopefully it will not be Diomedia ( The horror !! ) making the anime.
I think I've read the manga some time ago, i don't really remember it though.. XD
But you're right, a nice gender-balanced isekai anime would be great! I wonder how many years we have to wait for it to get adapted into an anime... TwT

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 22, 2018 6:53 AM

Apr 2018
Another Harem, Another Isekai....

Am I still gonna watch it?

Probably... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wake me up for another crusade
May 22, 2018 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
Seven Arcs? Where's my Dog Days S4?

Make that instead of an obvious bad LN adaptation like this.

May 22, 2018 8:00 AM

Apr 2018
I can already tell it gonna be a low budget anime by the coloring
And the girls look average af some are closw to ugly

When will the good harems with good budget and good art and good looking girls and original non copy pasted good/decent story come back?
Like C3,ladies versus butlers,absolute duo,kore wa zombie desu ka,haganai,serei tsukai no blade dance,trinity seven .....
May 22, 2018 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
At this point my opinions on the complaints for Isekai anime are so much that honestly its a bit too much.

But yeah. If nobody likes it, then don't watch it. You aren't bound or forced to give it a watch if you legitimately don't want to.

With that said, the staff seems... okay I suppose. Not bad, but aside from few notes I don't think it's that great. But better than nothing I suppose.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by Softhenic03 »»
29 seconds ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

8 by AddaeAkono »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.