Forum Settings
Forums

What anime gave you the worst case of Post-Show Depression?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 14, 2018 6:34 AM
Dec 2016
Pokemon. I had to force my self to stop just before XY, so at like 800-900 episodes. cause I knew it would just more and more crazy;

but at the end of each season it was sad to see the side cast leave, and see Pikachu's level and Ash's IQ plummet to 0.
May 14, 2018 7:31 AM

Aug 2017
Nisemonohime said:
Yuru Camp. It made me realize I've been missing out on the great medium that is anime :P

I'm looking forward to watching Yuru Camp soon! Looks like such a relaxing SOL.
May 14, 2018 7:33 AM

Aug 2017
whiters99 said:
-Plastic memories
-Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
-Angel beats
-Shuumatsu wa nani shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte moratte ii desu ka?

Need at least a week to get over for each one of them, damn it

Plastic Memories was a tough watch.
May 14, 2018 9:20 AM

Apr 2018
I haven't watched that much sad anime, but plastic memories did it to me real nice ;_;
May 14, 2018 9:24 AM

Dec 2017
All of my favorite animes (check my profile), always give me a post anime depression when i finish it.
Its just... Man... Im gonna really miss those shows... :'(
But, the worst case for me is High school fleet (Haifuri)
Damn..... I WANT SEASON 2 NOW!!!
TheNeXaMay 14, 2018 9:27 AM
May 14, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
Juuni Kokuki - It really made me question a lot of things and after the final episode I could only sit there and stare off into the void not knowing what to do.

Air - I was literally in tears by the end.
May 14, 2018 10:09 AM

Aug 2016
redrum522 said:
whiters99 said:
-Plastic memories
-Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
-Angel beats
-Shuumatsu wa nani shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte moratte ii desu ka?

Need at least a week to get over for each one of them, damn it

Plastic Memories was a tough watch.

Indeed, that's why i put it on top of my list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2018 10:11 AM
May 2018
Wolf Rain, I don't even want to say what I had to go through...
May 14, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
redrum522 said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Evangelion and Madoka Magica by far, especially their "conclusion" movies End of Evangelion and Rebellion, respectively. I watched both at night with the lights off and both times when i went to sleep i just lay there staring at the ceiling for hours feeling empty inside...still love those movies, though :)

I love EOE. I felt so weird after watching it, especially the last 20 minutes.

I could not move nor think after witnessing the final scene.
May 14, 2018 10:19 AM
Dec 2017
it was definitely Ashita no Joe. The ending was so unexpected and depressing to say the least
May 14, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
Two of the biggest ones for me will always and forever be Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo... Any of the .hack// or Ghost in the Shell series'. Le Chevalier D'Eon. Black Lagoon, in a weird way. Death Parade, Erased. In recent seasons, I really came to miss Sakura Quest, as soon as it wrapped. As well as ClassicaLoid season 2. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju and Sound! Euphonium season 2, just to name a few.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 14, 2018 10:30 AM

Aug 2017
Death Note and Devilman Crybaby.
(couldn't watch anything else.)
May 14, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2017
Definitely Charlotte. It was one of the first anime I ever watched and although it gave me a PSD I think it is a little gem.
Also, Assassination Classroom; both anime start in a light tone and then hurt you in the feels
May 14, 2018 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 14, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2017
non non biyori probably. also sakurasou becase it was one of my first anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2018 10:47 AM

Nov 2017
Re:Zero, Madoka Magica, Beelzebub, School Days, Akame ga Kill, and Clannad: After Story.
Signature removed. Please don’t follow the signature rules, and join the Loli Protection Club.
May 14, 2018 10:58 AM
Jan 2018
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Madoka Magica
May 14, 2018 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
neon genesis evangelion. pls help.
May 14, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2017
degenerate said:
non non biyori probably. also sakurasou becase it was one of my first anime

It’s always the comedy SOL shows that hit me the most
May 14, 2018 2:25 PM

Jan 2017
Clannad AS, I still can't listen to Yukinohara and Negai ga Kanau Basho II without weeping openly.
May 14, 2018 2:59 PM
Jan 2016
i think in my case i had that feeling with coppelion and shinsekai yori
May 14, 2018 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
Welcome to the NHK and punchline for some reason
May 14, 2018 4:27 PM

Feb 2016
Gurren Lagann Tengen Toppa, Hunter x Hunter (2011)
May 14, 2018 4:33 PM
Nov 2017
animejas said:
Assassination classroom. The penultimate episode still gives me shivers and aches till this day and after I finished the show, I was depressed for like a week.
I relate to you on this point... I was left in tears for days...
May 14, 2018 4:33 PM

Jun 2012
Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero: Washio Sumi trilogy. On top of having one of the most painfully violent scenes I've witnessed in a long time, it creates injuries I did not want to know were possible. Puella Magi Madoka★Magica the Movie Part III: Rebellion is also high up there
May 14, 2018 4:35 PM
Nov 2017
Hirok13 said:
Devilman Crybaby.
I wasn't able to recover for days.
It's been at least a couple months since I finished the show but whenever anyone mentions a characters name I start crying...
May 14, 2018 5:18 PM

Jun 2016
animejas said:
Assassination classroom. The penultimate episode still gives me shivers and aches till this day and after I finished the show, I was depressed for like a week.

The second last episode had probably the hardest crying I ever did over a cartoon
May 14, 2018 5:46 PM

Dec 2017
Legend of The Galactic Heroes. Not because it's sad, but LotGH just left a hole in my heart after I finished watching it. Hunter x Hunter and NHK ni Youkoso made me feel the same way.
JinMay 15, 2018 1:44 PM
May 14, 2018 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
Tengen Toppa Guerren Lagaan. The onions began cutting for me when Simon and Kamina were talking to each other in the last episode. By the time I got to the part where Simon is an old man and giving a young boy advice on drilling into that coconut, the crying got a lot more intense. After it all ended, I literally sat on my bed and continued to sob for about 20 minutes. I remember being so thankful that I watched the last episode late at night because I was a mess and looked awful. I just couldn't believe it was over. A show has never made me felt so inspired and driven and wanting to pursue every awesome thing I can in my lifetime, while also tearing me into two and having me grieving over its ending.
removed-userMay 14, 2018 7:38 PM
May 14, 2018 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
Re:Zero. It's been like 2 years now and I'm still not over that bullshit in episode 18. Probably never will to be honest.
May 14, 2018 7:34 PM

Aug 2017
Sparabic17 said:
Tengen Toppa Guerren Lagaan. The onions began cutting for me when Simon and Kamina were talking to each other in the last episode. By the time I got to the part where Simon is an old man and giving a young boy advice on drilling into that coconut, the crying got a lot more intense. After it all ended, I literally sat on my bed and continued to *sob* for about 20 minutes. I remember being so thankful that I watched the last episode late at night because I was a mess and looked awful. I just couldn't believe it was over.

My emotions are multiplied by a 1000x when I watch something late at night!
May 14, 2018 7:42 PM

Sep 2017
Fate/Zero
No Game No Life Zero/No Game No Life
Perfect Blue
Toradora
Mahoutsukai no Yome

All of these were anime where I couldn't watch anything for like a while after I finished them because they just left me with this sad empty feeling after I finished them, it's a really odd emotion to experience.
I FORGOT TO ADD CLANNAD. I WASNT EVEN HUMAN FOR A SOLID WEEK OR TWO AFTER FINISHING AFTER STORY.
May 14, 2018 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
Madoka Magika. Was very atmospheric and gave me some long lasting vibes. Also Fate Zero.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 14, 2018 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
Clanned
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Hotaru no Haka
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

All them made in cry in parts and gave me depression after they was over.

May 14, 2018 8:06 PM
Oct 2016
Your lie in april. That did it for me. There's also now an then, here and there, not to mention desert punk and phantom requiem for the phantom, elfen lied and....anime why!!!!???
May 14, 2018 9:36 PM

Dec 2017
Yuu Yuu Hakusho. I wish it could last forever. I wasn't really encouraged to watch anything else after I finished it. It was so good for me, I couldn't find any other shounen that could rival it.
May 14, 2018 9:55 PM

Aug 2017
violadim said:
Yuu Yuu Hakusho. I wish it could last forever. I wasn't really encouraged to watch anything else after I finished it. It was so good for me, I couldn't find any other shounen that could rival it.

Agreed 100%. YYH is definitely my #1 of all-time. HxH has been amazing so far for me, but I know it'll never be able to top YYH, nor any other shounen for that matter.
May 14, 2018 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
Paradise Kiss made me cry, and I rewatched the last scene of the last episode several times for the week following the ending, because I just couldn't digest the fact that the show was over... and the ending was honestly perfect the more I think about it, no cliffhangers, just real and not spoonfeeding the audience for the ending they'd expect!
May 14, 2018 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
Ozen-7 said:
Nana even though i don't remember much of the anime but the depression i do

Yesss! Nana is my favorite... so sad that Ai Yazawa is probably never going to finish the manga for a second season to be made...
May 14, 2018 10:11 PM

Oct 2014
Clannad: After Story <3
plastic Memories
Anohana
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso <3
ef: A tale of memories
Sola
Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora
Saikano <3

maybe I'm forgetting some anime,but those are the ones I can remember xD
May 14, 2018 10:14 PM

Aug 2013
Uiru_ said:
plastic Memories
Anohana
Sola
Saikano <3

I'm currently watching Saikano and I know I'm just going to be fucked up by the time I'm finished!
ef: a tale of memories has me so scarred... though I do want to go on and watch the second season eventually xD
May 14, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2014
mich1ru said:
Uiru_ said:
plastic Memories
Anohana
Sola
Saikano <3

I'm currently watching Saikano and I know I'm just going to be fucked up by the time I'm finished!
ef: a tale of memories has me so scarred... though I do want to go on and watch the second season eventually xD

Hahaha thats right, your mind will be stunned for a while xD
I am just like you... I have to watch the second season but I do not have the courage xD
May 14, 2018 10:35 PM
May 2018
I have a few. Clannad, K-on, Yuki Yunna, Gakkou Gurashi, Anohana I think Sword Art online and more that I probably forgot.

But the one that hit me hardest was actually Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi because it was the first anime that I watched when I went back into anime after 4 years. Its not an exceedingly great or sad show by any means, but because it was basically my first and that it was a comedy slice of life show, I was able to truly feel like I was hanging out with the characters so much so that when the show ended, I felt like I’d lost several close friends. And that’s how I got into Slice of life.

The only other anime that gave me close to that same feeling was K-on and while K-On is objectively a better show, Hoshizora e kakaru hashi will always have a special place in my heart next too many other shows of much superior objective quality.
May 14, 2018 11:05 PM

Apr 2015
Sukasuka (WorldEnd), Toradora and Hunter x Hunter 2011 to name a few. Maybe I would have counted Attack on Titan as well if we didn't get a second season last year.
May 14, 2018 11:16 PM

Jul 2015
The Anthem of The Heart
Made in Abyss
Colorful
Zankyou no Terror

It's better this way.
A little lonelier,
but better.

delivery x last.fm
May 14, 2018 11:34 PM
Jul 2017
Angel beats man. The void u feel after finishing a show got multiplied by 1000
May 14, 2018 11:45 PM
Dec 2016
Fukcing Steins;Gate
That anime is so damn good that it ruined my perception of plot in anime.
Like, thinking about negative scenarios in an Anime with a very safe to watch plot.

It took me months to recover before I started enjoying lesser/average anime again.

Re:Zero
I don't know why I got depressed because of that show, but it's just...
A Horrible Masterpiece

Angel Beats and Assassination Classroom
The one that I labeled, "A show that makes your emotions uphill, and then downhill real quick"

"Comedy-Drama anime is sadder than Pure Drama anime because it makes you laugh hard af and the feels hits you harder"

Your Lie in April
"Being the side character doesn't mean you're irrelevant"

Idk why I spend so much time in writing such irrelevant replies ._.
May 15, 2018 12:00 AM

Aug 2015
Steins;Gate and Assassination Classroom

AC left off with a great ending and great epilouge and i somehow felt empty after finishing it

Same with Steins;Gate
May 15, 2018 12:05 AM

Aug 2017
Shingeki no Kyojin
It was so epic from beginning till the end, had a hard time getting over it.
Assasination Classroom
It was such a fun show and the second season was really good and the ending hit me in the feels.
Zankyou no Terror
I loved the characters and the ending was shocking and left a lasting impression on me because I expected it but did not see it coming just at the last few minutes.

This are the only ones that I remember giving me anything close to Post-Show Depression that I didn't feel like watching anime for a while because I really enjoyed them and had a hard time watching anything else.
May 15, 2018 12:08 AM

Nov 2016
Angel Beats
Your Lie in April and
Clannad

Felt so destroyed and played with after watching those shows
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 hours ago

7 by Dauphine »»
5 seconds ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

18 by TeBaTe »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 32 minutes ago

4 by Vendicator »»
6 minutes ago

» Cutest Shoujo Main Protagonist

lucaspatrick - Jan 8

49 by 707supremacist »»
7 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

26 by WatchTillTandava »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.