Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 28, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, we got an alternate version of the opening song.

Niijima's appearance this episode was interesting. She seems like the clever type with an intelligent mind. I still can't get over Ann's appearance in her red outfit XD she just looks so different than usual.

Looks like we got the introduction of pixie this week too. The action is very strange :o
Apr 28, 2018 8:58 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Damn, the OP visuals are pretty cool! As expected from the same guy responsible for directing Bleach OP 13. Actually, it resembled its style quite a lot, with all those city shots. But the OP foreshadows a lot of stuff, especially things that are supposed to happen in the last quarter of the story

Aye, they're showing the airsoft shop and Iwai. Plus Layer Cake played too. And Takemi (plus the Butterfly Kiss ost played) appeared too. Morgana teaches Ren how to craft too, lol. They're covering the tidbits moments from the game, haha.

They actually spent more time focusing on Kamoshida's palace in this episode than the last, including showing more Personas, and Amamiya's ability of owning multiple Personas. And they showed some of the palace puzzles too. And even more information on how the cognitive world works too.

And in this episode, we get the Kamoshida fight, and its conclusion too. The CGI Kamoshida felt a bit distracting, despite the CGI work being fairly decently done. Well, the CGI model had more detail to it than the in-game boss model. At least they played Blooming Villain as the OST. But its cool to see some new OSTs too.

We even got a Persona fusion in this episode too. RIP Arsene. Well, starter Personas are pointless to begin with. Anyways, with Kamoshida's confession and forced change of heart, the Kamoshida arc is over. Next episode should introduce best boy... you know who I'm talking about 'cause there's only one best boy in this game fite me.

No ED this week. They needed that extra time for the arc's epilogue. LMAO, Morgana's meow when Sojiro saw him XD

But with this arc taking up 4 episodes, there's 20 episodes left for 7 arcs. As mentioned before, one palace is only getting two episodes (or two arcs with 2.5 episodes each).

BUT WHOA, what's up with that ending? They teased Akechi and a scene that happens, much, much, much later in the story. It basically spoils all the Phantom Thieves members, lol. This anime adaptation really loves Akechi don't they. Well, I like him too, so I don't mind :P

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 28, 2018 9:05 AM
Apr 28, 2018 9:00 AM
Mar 2014
I don't know why they want to show Goro with Phantom Thieves Scene.....It's kinda spoiler
Oh...New Version of OP better than old one.
Apr 28, 2018 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Is it the first ep. to have proper OP clip?

Because of the notes, the shadow side is showing up to the real him.

Preparation while twintail girl is visiting her friend who committed suicide.

New persona?

The treasure is huge crown?!

Becoming monster. Too strong, meeting that old man again when unconscious.

Even more persona?

He also had high expectations from other people?

After losing, he went missing, then suddenly appeared to confessed his crimes.

The girl is back to conscious now. ED airing while that, so there's no stylish ED clip with hint thing.

Showing many new members at the end all of the sudden.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 28, 2018 9:08 AM
Apr 28, 2018 9:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I believe it's the gargoyle statue on the top of Futaba's Persona.
Apr 28, 2018 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

OP Visuals are pretty awesome.
Kinda cool that they were doing gamey stuff like crafting weapons, getting medicine and even fusing persona's together. I'll miss Arsene.

I'm glad the Phantom Thieves were able to steal the treasure and got Kamoshida to confess.

God, watching this really makes me wanna play the game. :(
Apr 28, 2018 10:35 AM

Jan 2018
Pretty good episode but I'm not sure how I feel about that ending...it kind of felt like a huge spoiler lol
Apr 28, 2018 10:37 AM

Apr 2016
The moment we were waiting for is finally here!

The Panzer is here!

But man, they throwing random shit all over the place, it's so rushed. *Sigh* At least they showed us Shiho in hospital which was not shown in the game.

I swear one more Akechi scene and i'm dropping this.
Apr 28, 2018 11:01 AM
Aug 2015
What the hell is up with the preview? This scene happens really late in the game. I can't think of a a single reason they put this before Akechi and half of the Phantom Thieves even get introduced.
Apr 28, 2018 11:04 AM

Feb 2018
Best episode so far.

New OP animation is what we hope from this series. Proper OP. Still had problem with negotiation, that CGI shadows, and multiple persona (i like how P4A handle multiple persona)

But pace in this episode is better than before, i like how they filled infiiltration scene,

Why they showed akechi after ED? it's like they shifted plot from Sae Niijima interogation perspective to Akechi interogation perspective and appear from nowhere and with no reason
Apr 28, 2018 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
A new alternative OP, very interesting.

This was the conclusion of the arc. The first mission as phantom thieves were a success as expected. Pixie was introduced as well, the scene when she fused had good animation.

Igor giving a new Persona was the best part of the episode. Ren is a true joker indeed. The action felt weird, that "boss" was dumb, didn't like that much. Decent ending for the arc.
Apr 28, 2018 11:12 AM

Jan 2018
New OP is great
That ending was not necessary
Apr 28, 2018 11:38 AM
Mar 2016
That "Sexy Cat" from Ren was amazing XD

I thought this episode was better than both episode 2 and 3 in both directing and production, with the exception of the final scene, which I thought could have been done better... but that's for later.

How the anime took most of the gameplay aspects from the game such as the introduction of Iwai, Takemi, crafting, and Persona fusion was interesting in the very least but at least gets them down-pat. Of course some scenes from the game had changed, but they were changed just enough to resemble what happened in the game--especially when they first showed off that Ren could use multiple Personas. Their encounter with Pixie was honestly pretty humorous, and that clip where the mask flies into Ren's face was so good.

As for the action in this episode... I should be grateful that there wasn't much in this episode. Rather, the action took a more tactical route rather than full outs guns-blazing, which is probably for the best when looking at previous battles. And thankfully they had cut that All-Out Attack short. The CGI Kamoshida didn't really bug me but I can see why it can turn some people off. It looks like they've tried to stylize it by adding some smear animation to when he's moving. But the clip where he were prepping his Gold-Medallion Spike was pretty good.

And Ann's little speech at the end had--in most opinion--more impact in this episode than it did in the game, especially with that new OST in the background; Shoji Meguro is doing us God's work.

As for that final scene... I get why they had added it in. They wanted to foreshadow events later in the future and also provide a transition into the next palace, having the final clip being the painting of Sayuri (and hit their weekly quote of the Queen of Pancakes), but it felt shoved in at the end of the episode. There was no smooth transition from the previous scene into it and had no premise at all. It was so random. Honestly, they could have used those 10 seconds to draw out another scene within the episode, moreover removed it entirely. And they're clearly not trying to hide the "plot twist", although the game didn't either. As long as the real "plot twist" pays off, then it should all be fine.

Oh, and am I the only one getting Persona 3 vibes from the chorus portion of the OP?
Apr 28, 2018 11:38 AM

Feb 2018
I was enjoying this episode a lot
...until we got akechi at the end.
I think we need admins to change name of this series to Akechi 5 The Animation.
Apr 28, 2018 11:40 AM

Jul 2017
That was an awesome episode. Just pure fun and the visuals looked trippy and really neat. Especially for a hit and miss studio like A-1 Pictures.

4 episodes in and I'm really digging this show so far.
Apr 28, 2018 11:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The calling card's text lol. Glad that they finally changed the visuals. This one is much better. Hmm nice to see Tae and the weapon shop owner get featured. The decision on code names though was hillarious. The manner of how they dealt with the key for the trap and paired that with Ren's ability to use different persona's though was pretty smart. The battle against shadow kamoshida sure was fun though. Smart how they used the near defeat to introduce the ability to sacrifice persona's to get new ones. An interesting episode that did a great job of concluding the first arc. Its great to see Shiho regain consciousness though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2018 11:49 AM

Nov 2016
Opening is indeed pretty cool.

The episode itself was also an improvement compared to the previous ones,at least in terms of fighting choreography and enjoyment. Overall a nice conclusion to this arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2016
Lol, I appreciate they trying to explain the various mechanics of the game but because they're rushed they come out a bit awkward.
HyperLApr 28, 2018 12:17 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 28, 2018 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
"A human,that can use multiple Personas? What...Is he?"
Main character.
Apr 28, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
That was a nice episode, nice to see that they managed to make Kamoshida repent for his actions, and Ann's friend is safe too!

The OP changes are nice too, although I was already sold with the great song from the start.
Apr 28, 2018 12:13 PM
Aug 2015
iBacka said:
That "Sexy Cat" from Ren was amazing XD

I thought this episode was better than both episode 2 and 3 in both directing and production, with the exception of the final scene, which I thought could have been done better... but that's for later.

How the anime took most of the gameplay aspects from the game such as the introduction of Iwai, Takemi, crafting, and Persona fusion was interesting in the very least but at least gets them down-pat. Of course some scenes from the game had changed, but they were changed just enough to resemble what happened in the game--especially when they first showed off that Ren could use multiple Personas. Their encounter with Pixie was honestly pretty humorous, and that clip where the mask flies into Ren's face was so good.

As for the action in this episode... I should be grateful that there wasn't much in this episode. Rather, the action took a more tactical route rather than full outs guns-blazing, which is probably for the best when looking at previous battles. And thankfully they had cut that All-Out Attack short. The CGI Kamoshida didn't really bug me but I can see why it can turn some people off. It looks like they've tried to stylize it by adding some smear animation to when he's moving. But the clip where he were prepping his Gold-Medallion Spike was pretty good.

And Ann's little speech at the end had--in most opinion--more impact in this episode than it did in the game, especially with that new OST in the background; Shoji Meguro is doing us God's work.

As for that final scene... I get why they had added it in. They wanted to foreshadow events later in the future and also provide a transition into the next palace, having the final clip being the painting of Sayuri (and hit their weekly quote of the Queen of Pancakes), but it felt shoved in at the end of the episode. There was no smooth transition from the previous scene into it and had no premise at all. It was so random. Honestly, they could have used those 10 seconds to draw out another scene within the episode, moreover removed it entirely. And they're clearly not trying to hide the "plot twist", although the game didn't either. As long as the real "plot twist" pays off, then it should all be fine.

Oh, and am I the only one getting Persona 3 vibes from the chorus portion of the OP?

There was a transition... it said "Preview" before so it was simply the preview for the next episode, which isn't supposed to fit in with the rest of the episode^^
Apr 28, 2018 12:15 PM
Jul 2014
Episode was good.

Apr 28, 2018 12:16 PM
Mar 2016
Yokiii said:

There was a transition... it said "Preview" before so it was simply the preview for the next episode, which isn't supposed to fit in with the rest of the episode^^

I forgot about it, but I don't think it's a literal preview of the next episode... I think "preview" was just a play-on-words, if you get what I'm saying ;)
Apr 28, 2018 12:18 PM
Oct 2017
who writes this shit
Apr 28, 2018 12:20 PM
Sep 2016
Has it gotten better or should I just not waste my time??
1.1.Six
Apr 28, 2018 12:24 PM
Jun 2015
Damn this cool as hell. Aots for me. No PlayStation so i cant play the game,but man i can only imagine its greatness.
Apr 28, 2018 12:25 PM

May 2016
JudoJD said:
Has it gotten better or should I just not waste my time??

Among the 4 episodes released this was the better one, but that's all I can say about it.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 28, 2018 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
Decent, pretty fast as always. Not the best gun shop introduction. Fight against pixie i assume that was their way to show ambushing enemies.
Morgana's reaction on the shiny stuff are the best =/
Apr 28, 2018 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Really loving they showing Akechi every episode
Apr 28, 2018 12:37 PM

Feb 2018
Okey I have no idea wtf is going on in this show seems like watching it just isn't enjoyable if you haven't played the game. Also what's up with that terrible CG I felt like I was watching Berserk 2016
Apr 28, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
Okey I have no idea wtf is going on in this show seems like watching it just isn't enjoyable if you haven't played the game. Also what's up with that terrible CG I felt like I was watching Berserk 2016

I though you pretty much understood what was happening last time we talked. What's confusing you now? I can help you. Also that was nowhere near as bad as Berserk.
Apr 28, 2018 12:42 PM

Feb 2018
HyperL said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I though you pretty much understood what was happening last time we talked. What's confusing you now? I can help you. Also that was nowhere near as bad as Berserk.

I knew barely anything about that special world and the plot just feels like a bunch of video game cut scenes put together.
Apr 28, 2018 12:44 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good episode. I like this alternate OP alot more and we finally wrap up the Kamoshida arc. The ending left a sour taste in my mouth as it's something thats not supposed to happen until way way way later in the game. Idk how to feel about the adaptation going forward but I guess I shouldn't have expected much from A1.

I just hope it retains to be entertaining at least. Am looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 28, 2018 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
Duuuuuuuuuuulllll... Resolution was so bland and stiff it felt like they had to rush it in the last seconds after running out of everything, especially writing talent.

"I did it, I'll kill myself"
"No"
"Ok"

Battles are already so bad it's more thrilling to watch combat in Pokemon Blue, so what does this show have to offer to people who don't get excited by game references?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 28, 2018 12:48 PM
Mar 2018
As someone who's watching the anime since I don't have a way to play the game, I'm following it pretty well. I know there's been a lot of talk about how the pacing and storytelling are being conveyed to people who haven't played it, but from my perspective it's going well although it probably helps I'm not completely new to Persona.

The boss fight against Kamoshida was a lot better than the random encounter fights. I really hope those get better over time. Overall, I think this was a decent (if very quick) intro arc, and I can't wait to see what's next!
Apr 28, 2018 12:51 PM

May 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
HyperL said:

I knew barely anything about that special world and the plot just feels like a bunch of video game cut scenes put together.

Well, it IS the plot of a videogame, though they weren't exactly cutscenes there.
And I though the anime managed to explain how that castle came up to be.
Apr 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
Best grill Ann!! I’m just here for the animated waifus
Decent episode and the best out of all 4 episodes.
Apr 28, 2018 12:53 PM

Feb 2018
HyperL said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Well, it IS the plot of a videogame, though they weren't exactly cutscenes there.
And I though the anime managed to explain how that castle came up to be.

Maybe this anime just isn't for me the first two episodes managed to peak my interest but ever since my interest has been in a downwards spiral.
Apr 28, 2018 12:54 PM

May 2016
Antanaru said:
Duuuuuuuuuuulllll... Resolution was so bland and stiff it felt like they had to rush it in the last seconds after running out of everything, especially writing talent.

"I did it, I'll kill myself"
"No"
"Ok"

Battles are already so bad it's more thrilling to watch combat in Pokemon Blue, so what does this show have to offer to people who don't get excited by game references?

I don't think all that stuff about not running away Ann talked about can be reduced to a simple and meaningless "No".
Apr 28, 2018 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
@HyperL It really can, it was a good example of what cliche means. Well, good example of something done badly. It was so obvious and standard they could save time and spend it on making that guy's change of heart look less like something out of children book.

"Our heroes helped the bad boy realise he was a bad boy. It made him sad and want to run away but they told him he needs to be a good boy. Then he apologised."
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 28, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2016
Antanaru said:
@HyperL It really can, it was a good example of what cliche means. Well, good example of something done badly. It was so obvious and standard they could save time and spend it on making that guy's change of heart look less like something out of children book.

"Our heroes helped the bad boy realise he was a bad boy. It made him sad and want to run away but they told him he needs to be a good boy. Then he apologised."

Well, like it was explained, they didn't convince him he was wrong, they forced his heart to change by stealling the treasure and made his shadow go away by forcing him to give up (or else).
Apr 28, 2018 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
That ending scene, spoilers on the 4th chapter? Nice
I need more Futaba and Kawakami

A-1 Pictures loves akechi so hard lmao
Apr 28, 2018 1:19 PM

Dec 2017
I'm kind of disappointed they took this part out of the opening! It was so cool seeing all the Phantom Thieves in that red aesthetic, I thought it was very stylish and fit the tone of the series perfectly.

Regardless though the new opening is very nice. The episode itself was also pretty enjoyable, I loved seeing Shadow Kamoshida's final form dealing battle with the Thieves, even if it could've been done a bit better.

Also, Ann crying tears of joy for Shiho at the end while blushing was my favourite part, my shipper's heart was exploding with joy. Shiho x Ann is a ship that is sailing in full power.

After credits scene was kind of a huge spoiler tho, newcomers to the story be warned.
shikinoutaApr 28, 2018 1:22 PM
Apr 28, 2018 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
Weekly dose of pleasant boy,again

at this point it will be all pleasant boy,not that i'm complaining

The new version of the op is hella nice but I preferred the first one for some reason
steponmebakuraApr 28, 2018 1:40 PM
Apr 28, 2018 1:42 PM
Mar 2016
cih
A1 Screw this so much
i know game adapted will to rushed but to be horrible like this
unforgiveable
Apr 28, 2018 2:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think that scoundrel got off too lightly but I'm pretty Old Testament when it comes to punishment so we'll leave it there.

How hot is Ann? what a fine looking character design.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2018 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
I like the new OP, very flashy~

Kamoshida still a bastard, and I'm glad he's going to jail :3
Apr 28, 2018 3:02 PM

Jan 2008
New opening actually has animation.

Doctor got some screen time, nice.

Also when doing nicknames, they picked the sexy cat option for Ann, lols, I think that was an option in the game as well, not that she used it, she goes with Panther regardless. Lot's of service shots of her during this scene too.

Wow, they even added the enemy recruiting and fusion bit. In both P3 and P4 anime, they kinda just... got them.

Oh god they CG'd the boss.

So much poorly drawn faces. Without their masks, there would be so much more.

Apr 28, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2013
Finally, I've been waiting but they finished the official OP and it looked pretty badass. Goes along very well with the new Lyn song "Break In to Break Out" which is absolute fire. I can't wait to get the full release of the song. Would love to be able to somehow use it in the official game as well as some kind of DLC.

As for the episode itself, it actually adapted the Palace and Kamoshida boss fight pretty well. We even got a taste of Persona fusion and whatnot. It was definitely "video gamey", but not bad. The dialogue and emotional moments were pretty well done. Gives off a lot of the same feelings and emotions from when I played the game. And we got some nice cameos as well including Tae looking extra fine. Now, I just need a little more Makoto in this to make it all complete.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.