Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
could someone give me a recommendation for 27. and an example for a short anime with more than 35 episodes? Thanks in advance :)
Jan 11, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
Tris92 said:
Could I get recommendation for #102? Thank you :) @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow @Yuki-Chan276 @SheyCroix

Hotarubi no Mori e
Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei

Tris92 said:
Also one question: Can watch ongoing anime and later when it is completed, can I use it for completed anime challenge? Thank you :)
No, it must have status "Finished airing" before you can watch it.

protoplasm said:
if it's completed by the time you submit your turn-in form, there are no problems

When the challenge item states Watch a completed anime ... (e.g. (16) Watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00:) it must have status Finished airing before you can watch it.

EDIT:
It's even stated here.
Completed anime = anime that already finished airing
mozgowJan 11, 2018 11:33 AM
Jan 11, 2018 11:32 AM

May 2009
mozgow said:
Tris92 said:
Could I get recommendation for #102? Thank you :) @Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow @Yuki-Chan276 @SheyCroix

Hotarubi no Mori e
Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei

Tris92 said:
Also one question: Can watch ongoing anime and later when it is completed, can I use it for completed anime challenge? Thank you :)
No, it must have status "Finished airing" before you can watch it.

protoplasm said:
if it's completed by the time you submit your turn-in form, there are no problems

When the challenge item states Watch a completed anime ... (e.g. (16) Watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00:) it must have status Finished airing before you can watch it.

oh ok i didnt read they were referring to a specific challenge, sry
Jan 11, 2018 12:07 PM

Oct 2017
jhoson14 said:
LegendOrrin said:
Hello! Could I have any recomendation for number 27? I really like adventure genre.

Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo
Kino no Tabi The Beautiful World

Hope at least one picks your interest :D (Based on adventure genre ^^ )

Thank you for advice. I`ll watch Cowboy Bebop. I`ve been wanting to see this anime.
Jan 11, 2018 12:23 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Tris92 said:

Charlotte
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Koe no Katachi

Yes, you can start it after it has finished airing.
Yuki-Jan 11, 2018 12:57 PM
Jan 11, 2018 12:33 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Question for challenge 39: does the director of the anime you're watching also have to be the actual director for the work that's your favorite? I want to use Darling in the FranXX for this challenge, which is directed by the Animation Director of Tengen Toppan Gurren Lagaan, one of my favorites. So you see, he's not the supreme director of my favorite, but he did have a director title on it. Would it count?
Jan 11, 2018 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Noxious20 said:
hmmm i really want to participate but i still confused how to sign up for the challenge

Easy.

First visit this site to generate your challenge list. You may pick any difficulty you desire.
https://malchallenge.000webhostapp.com/2018_MAL_Challenges/AWC/form.php

Secondly, you copy and paste the challenge list to the sign-up thread.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=0
Jan 11, 2018 1:36 PM

Feb 2012
Hello! Can someone please give me a recommendation for #27 (challenge discussion thread rec)? Preferably something not very long. My anime list is here. Would also appreciate suggestions for (86) Watch a related anime that aired at least 15 years before/after a previously completed series and (37) Watch a short anime with 35 episodes or more.

For (79) Watch an Alternative Version, Alternative Setting or Spin-Off of something you've previously watched: what counts as an alternative setting or spin-off? Like, do the anime pages have to link to each other or list something in particular? If someone could clarify this that'd be helpful.
【潔く カッコよく 生きて行こう...】
LET'S GO ON LIVING, BRAVELY & WITH STYLE...
Jan 11, 2018 1:39 PM

Mar 2008
@AWC_mod

Made badges again this year. ^^ I hope people will like them. :) (Sorry for the many Ballroom cards, I just love that show. Hopefully I'll make someone happy with them. XD)

Code:
Naru-chanJan 12, 2018 2:52 AM
SHINRAN IS OFFICIAL OMG!!!♥♥♥
ヒア~
Jan 11, 2018 1:57 PM

Jan 2018
Eromanga-sensei said:
could someone give me a recommendation for 27. and an example for a short anime with more than 35 episodes? Thanks in advance :)

Hourou Musuko
Tsuritama
Jinsei

For the shorts with 35+ episodes or more for #37 here's a list of shorts you can go through: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=811786

I chose Baku Tech! Bakugan (they're 5 min episodes)

coolangelsthesis said:
Hello! Can someone please give me a recommendation for #27 (challenge discussion thread rec)? Preferably something not very long. My anime list is here. Would also appreciate suggestions for (86) Watch a related anime that aired at least 15 years before/after a previously completed series and (37) Watch a short anime with 35 episodes or more.

For (79) Watch an Alternative Version, Alternative Setting or Spin-Off of something you've previously watched: what counts as an alternative setting or spin-off? Like, do the anime pages have to link to each other or list something in particular? If someone could clarify this that'd be helpful.

Fuujin Monogatari
Ristorante Paradiso
Sakamichi no Apollon

#86 - You could use Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal or 90's Berserk and the 2016 movies I think?
#37 - List here

LOVE your username btw lol

blackroseknightJan 11, 2018 2:06 PM
Jan 11, 2018 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
Just to be certain, can I reuse anime from my on-hold so long as I restart them and rewatch the episodes I’ve previously watched?
Jan 11, 2018 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
Hi, I'm looking for recommandations for the 27th challenge
Jan 11, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2011
Question here! Might sound dumb, but I'm not sure!

I got (99) Watch an anime rated R+: <anime_title>
On the rules it is only specified it should be 16minutes or more, so do movies count? I was about to watch Perfect Blue but since sometimes there are specific challenges for OVA/movies I thought I had to watch an anime (as in TV series) ?

Also guess I need a recommendation :D
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member! Maybe @TuyNOM ?? (We have a pretty good affinity so I'm counting on you.. pretty pleasee :3)
Jan 11, 2018 3:29 PM

Aug 2017
Mikadoh said:

On the rules it is only specified it should be 16minutes or more, so do movies count? I was about to watch Perfect Blue but since sometimes there are specific challenges for OVA/movies I thought I had to watch an anime (as in TV series) ?

it does not matter if its a movie, as long as its over 16 minutes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2018 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
Crimson_Mage said:
Just to be certain, can I reuse anime from my on-hold so long as I restart them and rewatch the episodes I’ve previously watched?
Yep, I did that last year too. If you watch it from the 1st episode it'll just count as re-watching (or partial re-watching) I guess. But to make sure reset the episode count and update it from ep 1, so that you have an 2018 date in anime history.

Mikadoh said:

You can use any type unless a specific one is stated in the task.
(whoops didn't notice it was already answered)
fuyukiJan 11, 2018 3:43 PM
Jan 11, 2018 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Sreyso said:
Hi, I'm looking for recommandations for the 27th challenge

I recommend Paradise Kiss

I haven't watched it but it looks like something you'll like.
Jan 11, 2018 3:48 PM
Mar 2017
So, I'm majorly confused. What the heck is the Anime Watching Challenge? How does it work? I'm seeing something about achievements? I'm just all around confused.
Jan 11, 2018 3:51 PM

Jun 2016
Hey, does anyone have any recommendations for #37 that aren't Hetalia or Saiki? Having a hard time getting into Hetalia and i've already used Saiki for a separate criteria.
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Jan 11, 2018 3:55 PM
Nov 2017
Just asking but what do I do once I have completed my first anime, do I put in the this thread or do I edit my challenge list. Also do you have to them in order or stick to each tier????
Jan 11, 2018 3:59 PM

Aug 2017
TheMightyMushi said:
Hey, does anyone have any recommendations for #37 that aren't Hetalia or Saiki? Having a hard time getting into Hetalia and i've already used Saiki for a separate criteria.

Chi's Sweet Home is a good watch, you might want to check it out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2018 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
Djidji said:
Any recommendations for (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

not so long

Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon (the hated one [(but I love it))
Angel Densetsu (short adaptation)
Inferno Cop (obligatory recommendation)
Terra Formars: Bugs 2-hen (better than the series)
R.O.D OVA (another dose of superpower)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (some old movie)
One Piece Film: Strong World Episode 0 (obligatory one piece recommendation)
Mameshiba (shitteru ;.;)

1 cour or not

Moldiver
Ninin ga Shinobuden (random yuri ninja comedy)

2 cours
Heppoko Jikken Animation Excel♥Saga (very funny very experimental)
Sci-fi Harry (why not)
Jan 11, 2018 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
coolangelsthesis said:

For 86 you can watch Card Captor Sakura Clear Card-hen because it's related to the movie, that aired on 2000, I think, and you've already watched it.

Alternative versions, settings and spin-off are usually listed like this on the anime's page, like the Utena movie, which is listed as "Alternative Version" on Shoujo Kakumei Utena's page.

For 37, you can use Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy or Chi's Sweet Home

Btw, I loved your icon!!
Jan 11, 2018 4:18 PM

May 2011
For item #80 (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+), it asks to include a screenshot showing my username in case the ranking changes, but the Anime+ page is formatted in such a way that I can't show both the Favorite Studio list and my username at the same time (the favorite studio list is too far down the page). What should I do in this situation?
Jan 11, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
Reposting my question since I would like to know if it qualifies before I watch through 148 episodes. Will HunterXHunter(2011) count for number 20 (1 or more child main characters)? Says age 12 for Gon and Killua but also has a current age listed of 14-15.
Jan 11, 2018 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
GD_98 said:
Just asking but what do I do once I have completed my first anime, do I put in the this thread or do I edit my challenge list. Also do you have to them in order or stick to each tier????

You just edit your challenge list. Also, you can watch anime in whatever order you desire. As long as it matches the criteria listed on the front page of the challenge sign-up thread.
Jan 11, 2018 4:29 PM
Nov 2017
thanks and how did you get the banner in your profile
Jan 11, 2018 4:50 PM

May 2009
Gekkouta said:
For item #80 (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+), it asks to include a screenshot showing my username in case the ranking changes, but the Anime+ page is formatted in such a way that I can't show both the Favorite Studio list and my username at the same time (the favorite studio list is too far down the page). What should I do in this situation?

Jan 11, 2018 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Gekkouta said:
You can try with your phone like I did

you get the whole list + your username in the address
fuyukiJan 11, 2018 4:57 PM
Jan 11, 2018 5:03 PM
Jan 2008
Good afternoon everyone,

Please recommend an anime for (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Please recommend at least three TV series (or TV-length OVA) that is available via streaming or Blu-Ray/DVD. I do not download torrents. Thank you in advance.
PanthaJan 11, 2018 5:19 PM
Jan 11, 2018 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
Mikadoh said:

Also guess I need a recommendation :D
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member! Maybe @TuyNOM ?? (We have a pretty good affinity so I'm counting on you.. pretty pleasee :3)

Hello !
If you think you have similar tastes to mine, I would recommend:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10721/Mawaru_Penguindrum
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6594/Katanagatari

Thanks a lot @mozgow Not very popular anime, I'm curious to watch them. I will add them for other items if I don't use for # 27. :-)
Jan 11, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2016
Hello all! Could I get a challenge staff recommendation for #102?

@Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow @Yuki-Chan276 @SheyCroix
Jan 11, 2018 5:34 PM

Aug 2015
PinkChardam said:
Reposting my question since I would like to know if it qualifies before I watch through 148 episodes. Will HunterXHunter(2011) count for number 20 (1 or more child main characters)? Says age 12 for Gon and Killua but also has a current age listed of 14-15.

I would say it does not count. They aren't 12 years old during the whole series. Only half and maybe less.

Pantha said:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please recommend an anime for (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Please recommend at least three TV series (or TV-length OVA) that is available via streaming or Blu-Ray/DVD. I do not download torrents. Thank you in advance.

Honestly I don't look at BR/DVD releases.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32979/Flip_Flappers
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10408/Hotarubi_no_Mori_e
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27989/Hibike_Euphonium
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17549/Non_Non_Biyori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14813/Yahari_Ore_no_Seishun_Love_Comedy_wa_Machigatteiru
You should find something whose BR/DVD is available.

greyjoie said:

o/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
Jan 11, 2018 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
greyjoie said:

From your PTW if you don't mind:

Samurai Champloo
Toradora
Ergo Proxy

o7
Jan 11, 2018 5:52 PM
Jan 2008

Pantha said:
Good afternoon everyone,

Honestly I don't look at BR/DVD releases.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32979/Flip_Flappers
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10408/Hotarubi_no_Mori_e
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27989/Hibike_Euphonium
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17549/Non_Non_Biyori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14813/Yahari_Ore_no_Seishun_Love_Comedy_wa_Machigatteiru
You should find something whose BR/DVD is available. [/quote]

Streaming is fine; I just don't do the torrent thing. I'll be watching the last one. Thank you for the recommendation. I appreciate it.
Jan 11, 2018 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Any recommendations for anime:

• with an English main title
  • that won an award
  • with at least one human child as a main character
  • (a short one) with 35 episodes or more
  • with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color
Thanks in advance!
Jan 11, 2018 6:42 PM

Aug 2017
AkihiraBaka said:
Any recommendations for anime:

• with an English main title
  • that won an award
  • with at least one human child as a main character
  • (a short one) with 35 episodes or more
  • with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color
Thanks in advance!

• Serial Experiments Lain
  • Hanada Shounen-shi
  • Usagi Drop
  • Chi's Sweet Home
  • Aria The Origination
assyrianJan 11, 2018 6:46 PM
Jan 11, 2018 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
GD_98 said:
thanks and how did you get the banner in your profile

You can either put the banner as a signature or in your profile. You can go to "Edit Profile" and chose your desired banner along with the image BBCode.
Like this:

Jan 11, 2018 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I didn't see it anywhere in the FAQ. I just wanted to clarify.

For any of the "Watch a completed anime..." challenges, does 'completed' mean that it has to have finished airing before I start watching it? Or is it okay as long as it finishes airing within the timelines of the challenge?

Jan 11, 2018 7:16 PM

Aug 2017
elrond99 said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I didn't see it anywhere in the FAQ. I just wanted to clarify.

For any of the "Watch a completed anime..." challenges, does 'completed' mean that it has to have finished airing before I start watching it? Or is it okay as long as it finishes airing within the timelines of the challenge?

no, what they mean by "completed anime" is that the anime has to be in the "completed" state by the end of the challenge date (December 24, 2018)
Jan 11, 2018 7:53 PM

Jul 2015
ass_yrian said:
elrond99 said:

no, what they mean by "completed anime" is that the anime has to be in the "completed" state by the end of the challenge date (December 24, 2018)

Wrong. Last year I watched Kakegurui as it was airing and it said Completed in the challenge and I had to pick something else to put there because it wasn't Completed when I started it.
Jan 11, 2018 8:27 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
bigdud24 said:
Question for challenge 39: does the director of the anime you're watching also have to be the actual director for the work that's your favorite? I want to use Darling in the FranXX for this challenge, which is directed by the Animation Director of Tengen Toppan Gurren Lagaan, one of my favorites. So you see, he's not the supreme director of my favorite, but he did have a director title on it. Would it count?
Still looking for an answer to this.
Jan 11, 2018 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
bigdud24 said:
bigdud24 said:

I don't think you can. He's not even listed on Gurren Lagann's page. Just when you go into his profile you can see this "Animation Director (eps 1, 8, 17, 27)" for Gurren Lagann.
I think when they say director they mean the person who runs the whole thing. 'state the director and your favorite anime; any work they participated as director;'
Try this guy here. He'll accepted.

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
Jan 11, 2018 9:00 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
-Hakuryuu said:
bigdud24 said:

I don't think you can. He's not even listed on Gurren Lagann's page. Just when you go into his profile you can see this "Animation Director (eps 1, 8, 17, 27)" for Gurren Lagann.
I think when they say director they mean the person who runs the whole thing. 'state the director and your favorite anime; any work they participated as director;'
Try this guy here. He'll accepted.
In that case, I may try one of the Gurren Lagann movies, or the Kill la Kill specials. Thanks a bunch!
Jan 11, 2018 9:15 PM
Jan 2018
@SheyCroix
Could you tell me how to check my list of challenges im kinda super new to this website and am kinda lost
Jan 11, 2018 9:45 PM
Jan 2017
Need something for (102): Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member.

Preferably a shorter series, I don't really like longer stuff.
Jan 11, 2018 10:29 PM
Jul 2017
Is there a place that explains what the challenge is? I seem to see the rules about it but not what it actually is. Am I blind or something?
Jan 11, 2018 10:33 PM

Jan 2016
Braxton_Biggers said:
Is there a place that explains what the challenge is? I seem to see the rules about it but not what it actually is. Am I blind or something?

There's a pinned post at the top of this forum that explains everything. It's the sign-up thread.
Jan 11, 2018 10:35 PM

Jan 2018
can i please get 2 anime recommendations, one from a staff member?
Jan 11, 2018 10:39 PM

Dec 2015
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

;0; Halp
Jan 11, 2018 10:53 PM
Mar 2017
Can anybody recommend me an anime with a title that ends with B?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

69 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 12 hours ago

41 by Angel_crush1 »»
9 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

32 by Jackson1333 »»
13 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

20 by perseii »»
18 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

138 by FFandMMfan »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.