Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 17, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, I kinda like how they are focusing on Sakurai. Feels like he is more conscious about Moriko's presence now ever since they had their talk.

Moriko is also more confident of herself so that's a pleasant sight to see. Oh and this show still makes Koiwai a relevant character even though I'm not a fan of him. What a personality and game avatar lul
Stark700Nov 17, 2017 8:17 AM
Nov 17, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
Good focus on Sakurai this episode... for some reason I like Koiwai!
Idk why. I think feel like him and Moriko look cuter together 😖...

It's not the main ship but i really like them together :) also Koiwai game character!!!!! Omg
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2017 8:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was pretty funny (Especially when Kowai showed his character lol)

I like that this episode focused on Sakurai most of all but it's becoming hard to see this guy suffer like this :(
Nov 17, 2017 8:27 AM

Dec 2014
Finally we got Sakurai's point of view about his relationship with Hayashi in game.
He is a such a whale lol, how many outfits did he even buy. It is true that female characters usually have more and better choice compared to males though.

Koiwai's character is one of those monsters you sometime see around in games..

We got confirmation that Sakurai and Moriko knew each other from another game too; come on step aside Koiwai.
Nov 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Apr 2016
This is getting ridiculously complicated with every episode, and every new character they create :D

Also who the hell is "Nico" ? or what was name of that blonde chick.

Also this was 7 episode of 10 total, which means 3 episodes left, damn, i need more.
Nov 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly Harumi is certainly a powerful character with all that muscle.
And the certainly had the attention of the other players seeing how they reacted, it was funny to watch.
Nov 17, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
Looks like she's going to find out it's really him pretty soon. I liked the episode and how complex things are getting lmao. They need to cover up a lie with another lie.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 17, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
A nice episode focusing on Sakurai. He met Moriko in another game. The reason he plays MMOs is so he could be someone else. Koiwai's character in the game is so funny. The personality is also different. Kanbe figured out that Koiwai and Harumi are the same person.
Nov 17, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2015
As expected, they knew eachother from another game. I really don't see how this developement was neccessary at all... They should've just kept the story the way it is and not complicate things even further with 3-4 eps left
Nov 17, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
Haha. New characters but the same people... this misunderstanding is gonna be solved very soon now.
I hope they figure it out quickly.

Nov 17, 2017 9:01 AM

Nov 2016
Morikos new avatar design is pretty nice,but Koiwais on the other hand... xD

Just hope that Sakurai will be released from his pain soon, aaaah the anticipation for the enlightment is killing me,but I'm also still kinda worried about Koiwais influence.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
this sure is getting awesome...thry both have new personas... 3 episodes to go
Nov 17, 2017 9:06 AM
Jul 2016
Only three episode left and the story is so goog.

I feel very sorry for Sakurai. Koiwai is making his life more difficult.
Nov 17, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
4/5- Lots of focus on Sakurai and it was great. This was a pretty fun and hilarious episode. The preview for next week is very promising! Sakurai and Morioka are hanging out again, I wonder how that happened.

I'm glad to see this series goes back to the MMO after 2 episodes of little to no gaming. It was fun to see everyone interact with each other and listening to Sakurai's inner thoughts was good.

I laughed pretty hard to see Koiwai's character creation because I can relate to that. I create the most ugliest characters I possibly can in any game so it was awesome to see someone doing that same thing as well.

Nov 17, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
Sakurai keeping his thoughts to himself, kowai joins the game and morimori makes a new character but sakurai knows that too.
Nov 17, 2017 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
This is all getting a bit much. Sakurai's being a chicken, Kowai's started playing, Nico is a character we're supposed to know or something, 2 new alt characters and Kanbe is in the know of half of this stuff.

Things haven't been as great since Morioka cut her hair.
Nov 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2016
I guess that convenience store guy can immediately tell who's who irl, huh? What are you? Some kind of wizard? Lmao.

This episode pretty much focuses on Sakurai like trying to stop his feelings for Moriko. Lol.

Koiwai-san decided to play the MMO game, Moriko's been playing, so Moriko had no choice but to create a female character. I'm dyiiing at Koiwai-san making his character looking like an Amazon. Hahaha. His character immediately reminded me of Amazoness from Arakawa Under the Bridge. Hahaha.

After Sakurai found out about Koiwai playing the MMO game, too, he decided to create a male character (I guess) which looks like his character back then. Idk if it's a good move or a bad move for Moriko for making her character looking like her old MMO character back then in a different game. Lol. I guess it's good? Haha.

And are you telling me that Moriko and Sakurai are like Hayashi and Lily back then, but in a different game, show? Lmao.

This was an okay episode. Probably, my least liked episode, still liked it. 4/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
great ep, it was nice to see Koiwai playing that game even though i thought he was the silver haired character from the start, sad to see only 3 episodes left, i hope the anime doesn't fuck up somehow.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 17, 2017 10:15 AM
Nov 2016
I like it when this show focuses on Sakurai....

Koiwai needs to stay in his lane and not intrude into every single thing that Morioka does.

Seems like Sakurai and Morioka know each other from another game, this kind of plot development happens a lot in Kdramas where a fact emerges which shows that the two leads are actually related to each other somehow.
Nov 17, 2017 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
It has been decided: Koiwai's player character is my new waifu.
Nov 17, 2017 10:35 AM
Oct 2017
Very unrealistic that he would "recognize" a character from another game like this
I understand it was necessary for Plot Reasons but really... I couldn't get over it
Nov 17, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2012
I can already see where this is going... It's clear Sakurai is going to make the same male character in the previous game in hopes that Mori stops being a ditz and picks up on things. I was really hoping at the start that this show would avoid cliche' pitfalls but I guess I was being too optimistic from the first 3 episodes...

I genuinely thought the episodes were getting better and better but of course we can't have a simple romance between 2 people found online, we have to bring in a fucking triangle in both real life and the game for them drama bucks...

Since this isn't a masterful romance we're probably going to languish in this "meh" atmosphere until the end of episode 10 with the reveal, with hints being dropped but Mori suddenly acting like a preteen girl who is ""SO EMBARASSED"" all the time. By the time we get to the end we won't be able to enjoy the coupling of Mori and Sakurai because this short show will be over in a flash...

Probably dropping for now and will binge when it is over, I can't take this type of plot from week to week anymore. It's one of the reasons I was first attracted to the show's older characters... I thought we'd be above this "I-I have to leave Mori-chan alone so Koiwai can be happy!" nonsense from Sakurai, and Mori acting like a conflicted teen when she is a 30 year old woman.
Nov 17, 2017 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
Amburu-Hime said:
Very unrealistic that he would "recognize" a character from another game like this
I understand it was necessary for Plot Reasons but really... I couldn't get over it

It's not only because of the look; but also because of what she said about her work. Sakurai now knows more about her past at the company and simply linked those things together.
Nov 17, 2017 10:52 AM
Nov 2017
Now the anime is gating less complicated ...........!!!!!

Up until now the anime was gating more and more complicated . But now the confusion is starting to solve . It's starting to focus on sakurai and morioka and koiwai is helping sakurai to confess his feelings for morioka by making him jealous . And I like them . They look cute together .

I liked the preview of the next episode ..........!!!!! I think morioka is gonna find out about sakurai and that he is the player from her previous game who was her partner .

I can't wait to see the next episode . I'm getting excited by thinking what's gonna happen next . I LOVE this episode ........ I gave it 5 out of 5 .
Nov 17, 2017 11:00 AM
Nov 2017
luigi-dude said:
I can already see where this is going... It's clear Sakurai is going to make the same male character in the previous game in hopes that Mori stops being a ditz and picks up on things. I was really hoping at the start that this show would avoid cliche' pitfalls but I guess I was being too optimistic from the first 3 episodes...

I genuinely thought the episodes were getting better and better but of course we can't have a simple romance between 2 people found online, we have to bring in a fucking triangle in both real life and the game for them drama bucks...

Since this isn't a masterful romance we're probably going to languish in this "meh" atmosphere until the end of episode 10 with the reveal, with hints being dropped but Mori suddenly acting like a preteen girl who is ""SO EMBARASSED"" all the time. By the time we get to the end we won't be able to enjoy the coupling of Mori and Sakurai because this short show will be over in a flash...

Probably dropping for now and will binge when it is over, I can't take this type of plot from week to week anymore. It's one of the reasons I was first attracted to the show's older characters... I thought we'd be above this "I-I have to leave Mori-chan alone so Koiwai can be happy!" nonsense from Sakurai, and Mori acting like a conflicted teen when she is a 30 year old woman.
I also agree with you . I think this anime is going to get another season.
Nov 17, 2017 11:15 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, good episode. I can't wait for next week.
Nov 17, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2015
Lol kinda reminds me of the special PK accounts I made for Oldskool Runescape
Nov 17, 2017 12:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Lily/Sakurai monologue in the beginning was really damn good, he has problems himself, probably low self-confidence and thinks about other people more than himself (or his happiness). I can see myself in this man.

They did play in another MMO together in the past and had a really strong relationship (she was telling her problems straight up unlike in the new MMO). I feel bad for Sakurai, he's just so unsure about what to do :/

That said, i believe he's creating a similar character same as Morioka-san just to get the confirmation. He doesn't believe it himself but he wants to dream that this is true. That was very well done.
Nov 17, 2017 12:05 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty decent episode. We know have Kowai thrown in the mix, trying to join Moriko and her friends in the MMO they play. Was pretty relatable seeing Moriko make a new character just so no one would know it's her. Seems like Sakurai is gonna do the same. It should be pretty interesting to see how it plays out.

Nov 17, 2017 12:15 PM

Sep 2016
NICO IS SO CUTE
LILY IS SO CUTE
Sakurai become stalker x3 lol as sakurai as lily and as this new-character-that-looks-like-shaoran dude
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 17, 2017 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan anymore. I still love Morimori-chan (and Koiwai as well), but I'm really beginning to dislike Sakurai. He's being such a pussy and just a next-level stalker to the max. It's honestly kind of hard to root for his character at this point. He definitely needs some redeeming developments or events to come up, and end this stalker charade.
Nov 17, 2017 12:52 PM
Feb 2017
This is the best episode yet. Things are starting to get more exciting than “oh I know this thing about her but I’m too much of a pussy to say anything” drama to legit issues popping up with Koiwai joining and them creating new characters to avoid awkwardness, and then their party showing up which makes things even more awkward. It looks like a lot will happen in the next episode, looking forward to it!
Nov 17, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
So it's been confirmed that Moriko and Sakurai knew each in another game. I can't wait when everything is revealed to them.

Koiwai's game character lol.
LeoNov 17, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 17, 2017 1:19 PM
Oct 2017
Anathor said:
Amburu-Hime said:

It's not only because of the look; but also because of what she said about her work. Sakurai now knows more about her past at the company and simply linked those things together.

I fail at seing how he could tie unknown lv1 Molly to the blue-haired-probably-moriokasan-character from his past, that's what I meant. I should probably just accept that the games allow such a next-level character creation that she is actually recognizable somehow, despite one game being Chibi themed and the other realistic themed
I'll accept that i'm reading too much into it, but it bugged me big time
Nov 17, 2017 1:33 PM
Oct 2017
This series has got me hooked and I am loving every new episode that is coming out. I enjoy the intertwining of real-life and online personas. Koiwai's avatar is hilarious and that fact Moriko created a new female character to interact with him only to find out that he decided to create a female makes it even funnier. It is interesting that Moriko and Sakurai now have two online personas within the game Fruits De Mer. Can't wait to see how Sakurai designs his second character.
Nov 17, 2017 2:01 PM

Nov 2014
Fujimoto aka Kanbe is very sharp. lol
Sakurai, build up your confidence.

3 episodes left to wrap up this story. I can't wait.
Nov 17, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
Wow. Koiwai's so alpha that he doesn't mind having a pink phone?

Nov 17, 2017 3:10 PM

Sep 2017
Nice to get some alone time with Sakurai. I can see where he's coming from, but I wish he'd be a little more assertive.

Things are going to get pretty silly with the three of them playing together. I feel like Kanbe is going to put the pieces together since he already suspects the newbie being Koiwai. He may even play a role in the big reveal.
Nov 17, 2017 3:13 PM
Oct 2015
ichii_1 said:
Sakurai keeping his thoughts to himself, kowai joins the game and morimori makes a new character but sakurai knows that too.

Sakurai needs to realize he is in love with her and do something about it soon. Koiwai is slick and he will end up stealing her.
Nov 17, 2017 3:32 PM

Nov 2015
There's a whole lotta coincidences in this episode. I don't know how much I really get that. My very personal view would be that I don't like it when, "just by coincidence" everyone already knows about each other ( not to mention the massive revelation about Sakurai...)
Nov 17, 2017 3:57 PM

Jun 2017
for some reason, i got a feeling that Nico and Hayashi/Moriko know each other on real life, the way Nico complaint to Kanbe about some1 on her office quit and want to focus on MMO
Nov 17, 2017 4:32 PM

Dec 2014
I screamed when the ending showed up. F**k me! can't wait another week !
I love this series with my soul, I really do

Anyway, Morioka doesn't know that Sakurai plays the game, she will probably find out that he is Lily. I don't reall know what is going to happen but this week is going to be torture of waiting
Nov 17, 2017 4:51 PM

Nov 2011
I like how the title of the anime now has a broad spectrum to it. Like we knew Morioka had an MMO problem and she became a NEET as well. Now we are seeing just how important MMO's are in Sakurai's life as well. Also add in the fact that Koiwai is starting to play and Kanbe is a player as well and the development is fantastic.

As for the episode...I want to punch Sakurai in the face...mainly just to knock some fucking sense into him. COME ON BRO MAN UP!!!! but I can also see where he is coming from that he wants to keep his online persona as well.

Holy lord that Koiwai avatar though.

The big question is what did Kanbe ask Molly when Koiwai went afk??? HMMMMM I really want them all to meet in real life as well. Just everyone meet at the convenience store and eat some chicken lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 17, 2017 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
Feels like someones gonna slip up and say something.

Been wondering about the 'dark' parts in the opening for a while and a couple scenes I think we've gotten from a few early episodes but it looks like we might get more about what happen with her before all this based on the preview and how the episode mentions her wanting to quit her job as she's obviously the girl from the other game Sakurai was playing with.

Nov 17, 2017 5:00 PM

Dec 2014
Paul said:

Been wondering about the 'dark' parts in the opening for a while and a couple scenes I think we've gotten from a few early episodes but it looks like we might get more about what happen with her before all this based on the preview and how the episode mentions her wanting to quit her job as she's obviously the girl from the other game Sakurai was playing with.

I am waiting for those moments too. Hope they don't dissapoint and be irrelevant when they show up. Since the first episode I ve been wondering about those scenes
Nov 17, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Bateria-chan said:
Paul said:

I am waiting for those moments too. Hope they don't dissapoint and be irrelevant when they show up. Since the first episode I ve been wondering about those scenes

You get goodbye flowers from someone when you quit job, not weird at all.
Nov 17, 2017 5:53 PM

Dec 2016
Oh my god Sakurai and Moriko played the last mmo game together too!!?? lmaooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 17, 2017 6:17 PM
Apr 2017
The "they knew each other from another online game" is totally unnecessary, or unwanted cliche

But the ep is quite good, I still love it for now

Hope they wouldn't ruin it at the ending, although we see it coming
Nov 17, 2017 6:45 PM

Feb 2017
What I liked so far about the episode was having a few monologues from Sakurai and Lily, it was a very tender detail and something I had been waiting for since he began to have more focus. I like Moriko as a character although her somewhat immature behavior about some situations still annoy me, and although she remains charming even with that, I really wanted to know a little more about Sakurai and how she feels about Moriko and about everything that concerns the MMO, or why it uses a female avatar, although I still don't understand very well this one but it's something that really doesn't matter that much.

Speaking of Koiwai then, it seems that it will be introduced more to the plot of the MMO and meet more characters in that way, which could be very good for Sakurai because it could take him off in one way or another, so I have faith. Another character appeared that we really don't need instead of using the ones we already have, but hey, animes always do that, so I don't have many problems with it.

What was a problem for real was that now it turns out that Moriko and Sakurai already met in another game, which I find too convenient and a very ridiculous resource in many aspects. I really would have liked Sakurai to brace himself and speak directly to Moriko, even if he fails, instead of a past event coming suddenly and fixing everything. I know I should not wait very much from this anime but it really doesn't stop being something very annoying, I wish the writer had been more creative to make way for the conflict of why Moriko became NEET, but oh well.

Finally, Koiwai has bad taste in avatars, I'm glad Sakurai had a good one lol.
Nov 17, 2017 7:40 PM

Aug 2017
Since the beginning I always wondered what was the motivation from Sakurai to play as a girl.. is he bi? is he ashamed of playing a support role as a guy? is it just for the lolz? but after his/her monologue in this episode, I am starting to understand his motivations. It´s common to see people trying to play as their opposite gender just for curiosity, and it´s also common to develop a different persona in-game, I'm thinking he just got too invested.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but had we seen that Nico character before? did they just casually slice her in? lol

i see what Koiwai is doing there, getting close to Moriko to get her to open more, but also to create more opportunities for sakurai. Gotta say Koiwai is best Bro, and Harumi....best girl???

Finally, the series only has 3 more ep to finish delevop its plot and gives us a satisfactory ending, I just hope they don't fuck it up cause until now it has been a fun an chill ride.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.