Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 8, 2017 5:18 AM

Mar 2012
Great as I expected.
Oct 8, 2017 5:52 AM

May 2014
It seems that moe post-apocalypse it the new trend in anime now
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 8, 2017 7:52 AM
Oct 2016
This looks better than Made in Abyss, because like characters are not orphan or has amnesia which I hate too much. Maybe I take a point from Abyss.

Also I'll make a recommendation of this to Abyss...
Oct 8, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2013
LukesYGOonYT said:
If I was Chito I probably would have grabbed that gun and killed Yuuri, how in the world can you trust someone after they put a gun to your face and take the food like that.
She wouldn't have had that food if it wasn't for Yuuri. Even if it weren't a joke, she'd have no choice but to keep depending on her.
Oct 8, 2017 10:26 AM
Dec 2015
Oddly dark, yet calm. I can understand why so many people are saying that it is similar to Kino no Tabi, not the same but a similar sort of feel. Definitely will keep watching.

Oct 8, 2017 2:36 PM

Aug 2012
Their carefreeness is unsettling.
Oct 8, 2017 6:15 PM

Apr 2017
I'm not sure if I like it... I didn't hate it but could have used some more explanation... So we're to believe everyone is dead except these two girls? I mean, how did they survive what could have only been some catastrophic event? I'll give it a couple more episodes. It was cute but not a lot happening.
Oct 8, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2016
Looks like I've found where all the Made in Abyss fangirls and boys from last season have come to. No doubtfully attracted to potential for a dynamic duo of cute looking characters thrown into a depressing setting. I see the similarities but I think this is going to be a completely different cup of tea.

I actually came because this appeals to my desire for anime that explores post-apocalyptic worlds. I think I'll find it very familiar to Casshern Sins which also explores a desolate world in a (mostly) episodic format.

As for the episode itself, I will put on my skepticism hat for now as I'm concerned about the lack of characters in the series. Nothing wrong with Chito and Yuuri and I look forward to seeing how they interact, but I'm concerned that there's only so much you can do with only two characters before the series become repetitive. Apart of the cold the environment seems to be rather safe and predictable. Casshern Sins and Kino no Tabi work because the protagonists constantly visit new places and meet new characters who offer life's lessons.

Maybe I'm just being cynical as it's only the first episode so hopefully I'll be proven wrong. Afterall perhaps this post apocalyptic wasteland has more than meets the eye. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now, afterall this is the series I've been mostly looking forward to this season.

Great OST though!
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 8, 2017 9:22 PM

Apr 2016
Something bothers me about this show. So they're probably what, 14? The apocalypse had to have happened in their lifetime when they were old enough to fend for themselves and they had to have seen the world before everything went to shit. How do they not know what war, planes, and chocolate are?! They weren't just dropped on this planet with no knowledge of anything...
Oct 8, 2017 11:11 PM
Oct 2012
Meh it was artful and pleasant to look at/listen to but ultimately had nothing to say. The characters remind me of Wakako-Zake though.
Oct 9, 2017 12:04 AM
Dec 2013
This show is sad, very sad. In that kind of weird melancholy way. I like it but ;_;
Oct 9, 2017 1:09 AM

Mar 2016
Yuuri, that was not funny.

The first episode is pretty good
Oct 9, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2013
Interesting series so far... Also these series does have this vibe of the last season "Made in Abyss". Adorable yet depressing, what is so called "Cute can be deceiving". That time when Yuuri pointing the rifle at Chito is pretty tense...

Also not sure if Chito or Chino. Though I know Chito's VA voiced Chino's too... But for some reason I could heard Chino's personality in Chito whenever I heard Chito says something...
Rio-Oct 9, 2017 7:02 AM
Oct 9, 2017 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
I really liked the atmosphere, it gives me some kind of Tenshi no Tamago vibe, but kind of felt it was ruined by how obnoxious the blonde character was and the excessive repeat of certain sound effects. Like yes, we saw her eating the bar, that's enough, you don't have to animate every bite in realtime
Oct 9, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2015
Interesting and reflective story. But, they screwed up with this horrible 3D. 3D + 2D = doesn't work. For the title of the series, will it be a Made in Abyss in an apocalyptic world?
Oct 9, 2017 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
Good lord this show oozes atmospheric appeal. The phenomenal soundtrack also fits so well with the sombre tone. This is straight up a "good" show in every sense of the word. As expected from the studio behind Made in the Abyss!
KazuyaKiyoshiOct 9, 2017 1:36 PM
Oct 9, 2017 1:47 PM

Nov 2014
This was depressing, not knocking the quality or the pacing or the characterisation but I can't watch another episode.
Oct 9, 2017 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
Kittens-kun said:
Benio_ said:
As boring as my classes.

Do you watch anime just to drop them now?

Don't pay attention to people like him, those who give low scores and drop animes at episode 1 or 2 don't matter.
Oct 9, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
Really loved this, is there really only gonna be 2 characters? o: I only see 2 listed.
Oct 9, 2017 9:08 PM

Nov 2011
better than Made in Abyssal shit.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Oct 10, 2017 1:05 AM
Jun 2015
I definitely think that this show will surprise us towards the end just like made in abyss did , cuteness is deceiving.
Oct 10, 2017 2:35 AM

May 2012
Meh. I hope it gets better. Noting really happened in 1st episode

Oct 10, 2017 2:40 AM

Jul 2009
I liked it, in a soft way we see how hard it is to the girls live in a place destroyed by war.
Oct 10, 2017 3:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
is a strange series, because the two protagonists characters lifes in a devastated world and alone possibly!!
The plot was a mixed kinder and funny, with a smalls cries to the "peace"!!!
Interesting and nice to me!!
Oct 10, 2017 5:12 AM

Jun 2007
that was brilliant. that moment when one girl points the gun to the girl who said nonchalantly before that not enough food is a solid case to start war.... yeah
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 10, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2015
ernst said:

No, not even close. lol

Oct 10, 2017 7:15 PM

Feb 2016
UglyBarnacle said:
Good lord this show oozes atmospheric appeal. The phenomenal soundtrack also fits so well with the sombre tone. This is straight up a "good" show in every sense of the word. As expected from the studio behind Made in the Abyss!

Made in Abyss was Kinema Citrus . Shoujo Shuumatsu is White Fox.
ernst said:

Do we even need to compare both series?
Made in Abyss is a Dark Fantasy while this is a calming show without any real danger (at least not yet in the manga)
podetusOct 10, 2017 7:19 PM
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Oct 11, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
I liked it. Reminded me of Madoka Magica when she pointed the gun at her. Cute but very deadly.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 12, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
I bet Yuuri would resort to cannibalism if it came down to it. After all, Chito's hand must have tasted pretty well. Especially in combination with Yuuri's surprisingly cynical mindset.

Or not.

I'm looking forward to finding out what prompted the world to degrade to such a point.
Oct 12, 2017 2:10 PM
May 2016
Was anyone else shocked by how well directed this was? I have very high hopes for this series and am expecting it even to be one of the best anime of the season.
Oct 13, 2017 12:32 AM

Jul 2015
i like this kind of theme (war. surviving. exploration).
Anime Song Bass Vocal Transcriber. I sell my works legally on dlmarket.jp.
https://www.dlmarket.jp/manufacture/index.php?consignors_id=17053
Oct 13, 2017 8:43 AM

Nov 2016
Went into this with somewhat low expectations and I was really pleasantly surprised. Definitely watching the next episode before I decide if I'm into it.
Oct 13, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2017
all i'm going to say that this is officially one of my Favourite Anime of all time!! :) 100% recommend it to everyone , beautiful :)
Oct 13, 2017 9:24 PM

Jan 2015
Can't resist the cuteness, still if it doesn't have interesting or at least nice and clear backstory... Maybe it wasn't worth to watch after all. Oh well, guess I'll just wait for the second to tell the answer or at least give some more clue what really happen.
Judging from that Ration incident, I wonder if something "sadistic" will come.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 13, 2017 9:45 PM

Nov 2016
Awesome. But I think it would be better to be made into a movie instead of an anime. Just personal opinion.
Oct 13, 2017 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
An odd series... not a big fan of the two main characters at all. I mean, the art style already bothers me but their personalities are a bit grating too.

Of course, will keep watching for now.
Oct 14, 2017 6:15 AM
Mar 2012
mildly funny & very pleasant music. The two melonpan faces have more interesting vaing than Kino with similar atmosphere. Could be some war satire comedy.
Oct 14, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
Very chill and great show to watch.
Really like the landscape views.
That ending was very funny and sad at the same time. The song was also amazing, making that ending scene even better.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 14, 2017 7:14 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Post-apocalyptic setting with a calming tone, but silly characters design... I m digging it this far, but I m not expecting anything great coming from this season at all.
Besides I didnt particulary enjoyed seeing the blonde point her gun to that black haired girl chick, just for some food.
PlaycoolOct 14, 2017 7:23 PM
Oct 15, 2017 3:03 PM

Dec 2008
I seriously thought there was going to be blood shed over some hardtack!
Oct 15, 2017 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
Seems like Yurika Kubo is a gluton in every other anime, lol :D

Anyway, great atmosphere! Put together cute girls with barren postapo wasteland and you get this heartwarming yet ominous series.
The moment when Yuuri aimed her weapon on Chito for chocolate bar gave me chills and their emerge from the dark was also intense in different way.

Gotta keep watching this for sure.
Oct 15, 2017 6:08 PM
Jun 2017
Playcool said:
Post-apocalyptic setting with a calming tone, but silly characters design... I m digging it this far, but I m not expecting anything great coming from this season at all.
Besides I didnt particulary enjoyed seeing the blonde point her gun to that black haired girl chick, just for some food.
Mich666 said:
Seems like Yurika Kubo is a gluton in every other anime, lol :D

Anyway, great atmosphere! Put together cute girls with barren postapo wasteland and you get this heartwarming yet ominous series.
The moment when Yuuri aimed her weapon on Chito for chocolate bar gave me chills and their emerge from the dark was also intense in different way.

Gotta keep watching this for sure.

Yuuri and Chito were acting out "war"....in other words screwing around.

Chito only became upset because Yuuri actually went and ate the chocolate.

Also "ominous series" lol nope, Girls' Last Tour is an iyashikei.

Oct 16, 2017 1:18 AM

Sep 2013
holy shit I've been dreaming about this anime for years and someone actually made one
Oct 16, 2017 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
Kittens-kun said:
ernst said:

No, not even close. lol

well it's really hard to top that deep hole!

Oct 16, 2017 7:11 AM
Mar 2015
Whats so great about this anime? its just 2 little girls in a war
Oct 17, 2017 9:23 AM

Aug 2014
I wanted to like this, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. I loved Planetarian, Made in Abyss, and So Ra No Wo To, but this just doesn't work for me.

I think the combination of a lack of development and the characters' innocent nonchalance and ignorance in a stark post-apocalyptic setting just doesn't work for me. I just can't see myself getting immersed in these two characters doing nothing for a whole season.

Every other post-apocalyptic anime I've seen always has at least one character with an understanding of the situation, and it's how this character interacts with the "obliviously innocent" characters which makes things interesting. Take away that interaction and it's just frustrating. :/
MatorOct 17, 2017 9:26 AM
Oct 17, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
riders321 said:
Whats so great about %anime_title_name%?
its just %number_of_characters% %characters_gender% in a %general_setting%

I think I'm gonna use this template somewhere.
Oct 17, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
Would be interesting if it can pull off just having 2 characters the entire season.
I don't really like how the gun scene was played off, but it's too early to tell how it will pan out.
Oct 18, 2017 5:32 AM
Jun 2017
RediceRyan said:
Would be interesting if it can pull off just having 2 characters the entire season.
I don't really like how the gun scene was played off, but it's too early to tell how it will pan out.

Chito had just given thought as to what war was,so the girls acted it out(goofing around).
Notice Chito only was upset by Yuuri hogging the last piece of chocolate.
Oct 19, 2017 1:57 PM
Feb 2017
It has melancholy and ominous vibes to it. Thats just what I like. Its been a while since i've last seen something with this kind of a feel to it. (I usually watch happy moe slice of lifes)

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 24, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

92 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 24, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 22, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 17, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.