Forum Settings
Forums

Original Anime 'Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari' Announced

New
Sep 15, 2017 12:14 AM

Nov 2007
An official website opened by Silver Link. has announced an original TV anime titled Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari (Butlers: A Millennium Century Story) on Friday. The website has revealed cast members for two of the eleven characters, a preview, and a key visual (pictured). The anime is slated for Winter 2018.

Synopsis
With a clear brain, captivating eyes, and a refreshing smile, Kouma Junguuji (Jay), a student council president, attracts girls. Multi-talented, kind and honest, Tsubasa Hayakawa (Hayakawa), a popular waiter of the cafe, can draw owl on coffee latte. However, the two guys consider each other rivals across time. The super power battles and slapstick school comedy between the characters called butlers start, intertwining thousand years of bloodlines and hundred years of feelings.

Staff
Director: Ken Takahashi (Persona 4 the Animation: The Factor of Hope key animation)
Series Composition: Megumi Shimizu (Urara Meirochou script)
Original Character Design: Fujiko Kosumi (Hiiro no Kakera: Mezame no Toki art)
Sound Director: Masaki Tsujiya (Isekai Shokudou)
Music: TOMISIRO (Hoozuki no Reitetsu)
Music Production: Lantis
Studio: Silver Link.
Production: Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari Project

Cast
Kouma Jinguuji (Jay): Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Free!)
Tsubasa Hayakawa (Hayakawa): Takuya Satou (Nana Maru San Batsu)

PV 1

Official site: http://www.butlers-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @butlers_anime

Source: Moca News

Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari on MAL
SnowSep 19, 2017 7:42 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 15, 2017 1:36 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like something that only girls can enjoy
Good for them
I'll pass
Sep 15, 2017 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
These two guys are destined rivals that crosses time!?

sounds cool, the gayer the better
Sep 15, 2017 2:48 AM
Jan 2014
Every anime that gets announced now is fujo. I guess the effects of YoI's success are starting to really take effect. I don't really watch much seasonal stuff so it doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I can empathize with people who do.
Sep 15, 2017 3:19 AM

Apr 2016
ItsXolo said:
Every anime that gets announced now is fujo. I guess the effects of YoI's success are starting to really take effect. I don't really watch much seasonal stuff so it doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I can empathize with people who do.

Fujos are the one that keep the sales high, so it is expected.
Sep 15, 2017 3:47 AM

Jan 2017
You had me at Butlers. I'm not a fujo, I just like me some cute bishies!
Sep 15, 2017 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, this is slated for Winter? Oh well I'm looking already stacked up, but Silver Link doing this as well as this series isn't the type of stuff they usually would make, so this would be... rather refreshing to see. Though we'll see how this goes and see if it works well.
Sep 15, 2017 4:05 AM

May 2012
So this is silver link 1st gay anime ?!

We are getting so many unnecessarily gay anime these days !!
Sep 15, 2017 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
thepath said:

It is their first show with a full on male cast honestly.

But then again, dunno. It would be unneeded if it's something like *ahem* B-Project *ahem*
Sep 15, 2017 4:28 AM
Mar 2010
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 15, 2017 4:43 AM

Nov 2007
phoenixalia said:
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?
It is not clear at this point as the official site just opened few hours ago. This might neither be all male anime, nor anime with heroine. It gets me a feeling of girls appearing as supportive characters and male characters fight each other in a serious battle (not "cute things").
Sep 15, 2017 6:58 AM
May 2007
Everyone is so good looking omg my eyes and heart ♥
@tsubasalover I found this anime is related to this Chinese drama?
Sep 15, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2017
Oh def watching this, curious how the studio will handle this....since all the previous work all full of girl cast or harem show.
Sep 15, 2017 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
Glad to see Tatsuhisa getting a main role, looked like it'd be a serious show having to do with actual butlers but then in the synopsis it says school comedy... just hope it's good either way.
Sep 15, 2017 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
phoenixalia said:

Looks like cute boys doing cute things given the characters announced and synopsis.
Sep 15, 2017 2:36 PM
May 2007
phoenixalia said:

PV screams otome also chara design. Yet story is more about two male leads.
I want to know why image color for everyone and MC wears a colored bracelet.
Sep 15, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2015
tragedydesu said:

uhhhhh how so?????
Sep 15, 2017 4:40 PM

Aug 2016
yuu-huuu more animes fujos can praise
Sep 15, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 2015
xMelodyDragonx said:
tragedydesu said:

uhhhhh how so?????

Is clear that anime is aimed at girls
It's all male cast full of bishounens
Sep 15, 2017 4:58 PM

Sep 2015
tragedydesu said:
xMelodyDragonx said:

uhhhhh how so?????

Is clear that anime is aimed at girls
It's all male cast full of bishounens

Guys can enjoy it too, lmao. No matter who their "intended audience" is.
Sep 15, 2017 10:17 PM
Mar 2010
tsubasalover said:
It is not clear at this point as the official site just opened few hours ago. This might neither be all male anime, nor anime with heroine. It gets me a feeling of girls appearing as supportive characters and male characters fight each other in a serious battle (not "cute things").

Hmm, OK, so it's not confirmed yet. I don't mind it either way, it looks interesting. Thank you!

daggerswithroses said:
phoenixalia said:

Looks like cute boys doing cute things given the characters announced and synopsis.

It says comedy on ANN but it also says school action. I'm excited.

Shadow-Chan said:

PV screams otome also chara design. Yet story is more about two male leads.
I want to know why image color for everyone and MC wears a colored bracelet.

Yeah, the PV really felt like an otome game PV. And yesss, Suwabe-san for that beauty, please.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 16, 2017 12:26 PM
Dec 2015
This being an original anime and not derived from an otome is what makes me excited. Tatshisa <3 I love him as Noctis...I wonder if he's a master/prince character here too, with everyone competing as the butler. It really reminds me of that one BL game, Hadaka Shitsuji. Winter huh, I;m glad Idolish7 is not the only one answering to my fangirl heart. I wish it has shounen themes too.
Sep 16, 2017 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
xMelodyDragonx said:

Guys can enjoy it too, lmao. No matter who their "intended audience" is.

Not sure how many guys are gonna sit though a sexist show
full of 1 dimensional male characters "sex object"

Swagernator said:

Fujos are the one that keep the sales high, so it is expected.

There killing the anime industry
the sooner there gone the better

thepath said:

Didn't think silver link would sink that low

xMelodyDragonx said:
Lol, well maybe it balances it out a bit? For the insane amount of one-dimensional female sex object characters in soooo many animes?

Which it's 0

Honestly that's just jumping into conclusions, no offense.

1. I know males that watch these type of series, so it's not surprising honestly. And I've seen a decent amount as well as some people did enjoyed it, which are males, that have seen some stuff that I've seen, and they liked it.

2. It's most likely because compared to the fanbase of said series the anime doesn't sell well, that would be an issue I'm seeing, but since this is an original, there's no established fanbase of this.

So, technically. No it's not killing the industry, and even then, I highly doubt they would be gone. In itself it's not killing the industry for the amount of stuff the medium makes, just saying.

3. They didn't sink low at all. They're still consistent with the stuff they make even without this so not really the case.

4. I think it's more of an all-male cast so unless they announce a female here, then for now it stays as a all-male cast.
Sep 16, 2017 4:41 PM

Sep 2013
Looks good, all these plebs not knowing kuroshitsuji.
Sep 16, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2008
I don't hv high expectation from the pv but i know this will end up on my list anyway. (plus butlers xD)

haha, kind of off topic but this otakuweeb dude keep baiting and trolling in every anime news threads that aimed for females just show his stupidity and hypocrisy when he himself watching/reading 'sexualized' females. Keep your butthurt just to yourself dude

Sep 16, 2017 9:36 PM

May 2010
Whoa, that soon? Honestly, the designs look great, plus male-butlers - you just can't screw that up >D Can't wait!
Sep 17, 2017 5:55 PM

Aug 2016
Wasshio said:

1. I know males that watch these type of series, so it's not surprising honestly. And I've seen a decent amount as well as some people did enjoyed it, which are males, that have seen some stuff that I've seen, and they liked it.

2. It's most likely because compared to the fanbase of said series the anime doesn't sell well, that would be an issue I'm seeing, but since this is an original, there's no established fanbase of this.

So, technically. No it's not killing the industry, and even then, I highly doubt they would be gone. In itself it's not killing the industry for the amount of stuff the medium makes, just saying.

3. They didn't sink low at all. They're still consistent with the stuff they make even without this so not really the case.

4. I think it's more of an all-male cast so unless they announce a female here, then for now it stays as a all-male cast.

dont worry noone is telling u not to watch it, we just gonna enjoy some classic death note, one punch man and rakugo shinjuu which u rated 2,2,4. im more than happy to stay like this lmao
Sep 17, 2017 6:28 PM

Sep 2010
Well since its an original I'll watch. I like original stuff more cause adaptions usually have filler endings or cut off before the good stuff happens.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 18, 2017 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
OverClock said:
Wasshio said:

dont worry noone is telling u not to watch it, we just gonna enjoy some classic death note, one punch man and rakugo shinjuu which u rated 2,2,4. im more than happy to stay like this lmao

Not like I have anyone against liking those shows. 2/3 of them are on my Top hated shows but its not like I'll attack anyone for it. Granted I did but only to defend myself in some sense.

But the person responded as if we're touching sexism type of shit so.
Sep 18, 2017 10:32 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Ohhh, that key visual is pretty. And some of the char designs in the PV are also very nice.

Looking forward to hearing more cast announcements, though my heart will be a bit pained if OnoD doesn't at least make an appearance.

Oct 8, 2017 9:33 PM

Nov 2007
OLDCODEX will perform the theme song.
http://moca-news.net/article/20171009/2017100912060a_/01/
Oct 9, 2017 6:42 AM
May 2007
tsubasalover said:
OLDCODEX will perform the theme song.
http://moca-news.net/article/20171009/2017100912060a_/01/

Yes please. OLDCODEX for OP I wanted since Tattsun+Lantis.
Oct 9, 2017 11:32 AM

Mar 2013
Looks like the sort of thing I like to watch. Loving the beautiful artwork and character design.
Nov 1, 2017 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Omg, I did not see this. Can’t wait to watch it.

Look like a Action but it’s comedy actually xD

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.