Forum Settings
Forums

Original Anime 'Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari' Announced

#1
Sep 15, 12:14 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23468
An official website opened by Silver Link. has announced an original TV anime titled Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari (Butlers: A Millennium Century Story) on Friday. The website has revealed cast members for two of the eleven characters, a preview, and a key visual (pictured). The anime is slated for Winter 2018.

Synopsis
With a clear brain, captivating eyes, and a refreshing smile, Kouma Junguuji (Jay), a student council president, attracts girls. Multi-talented, kind and honest, Tsubasa Hayakawa (Hayakawa), a popular waiter of the cafe, can draw owl on coffee latte. However, the two guys consider each other rivals across time. The super power battles and slapstick school comedy between the characters called butlers start, intertwining thousand years of bloodlines and hundred years of feelings.

Staff
Director: Ken Takahashi (Persona 4 the Animation: The Factor of Hope key animation)
Series Composition: Megumi Shimizu (Urara Meirochou script)
Original Character Design: Fujiko Kosumi (Hiiro no Kakera: Mezame no Toki art)
Sound Director: Masaki Tsujiya (Isekai Shokudou)
Music: TOMISIRO (Hoozuki no Reitetsu)
Music Production: Lantis
Studio: Silver Link.
Production: Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari Project

Cast
Kouma Jinguuji (Jay): Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Free!)
Tsubasa Hayakawa (Hayakawa): Takuya Satou (Nana Maru San Batsu)

PV 1


Official site: http://www.butlers-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @butlers_anime

Source: Moca News

Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari on MAL
Modified by Snow, Sep 19, 7:42 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#2
Sep 15, 1:36 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 4134
Looks like something that only girls can enjoy
Good for them
I'll pass
 
#3
Sep 15, 2:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2845
These two guys are destined rivals that crosses time!?


sounds cool, the gayer the better
 
#4
Sep 15, 2:48 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 335
Every anime that gets announced now is fujo. I guess the effects of YoI's success are starting to really take effect. I don't really watch much seasonal stuff so it doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I can empathize with people who do.
 
#5
Sep 15, 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 5390
ItsXolo said:
Every anime that gets announced now is fujo. I guess the effects of YoI's success are starting to really take effect. I don't really watch much seasonal stuff so it doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I can empathize with people who do.

Fujos are the one that keep the sales high, so it is expected.

"Choose your enemies wisely, some of them have heavier report button than yours is."
"Oh cyka bl-"
"Way of the Slav"
"Boi by zdoch!"
 
#6
Sep 15, 3:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 228
You had me at Butlers. I'm not a fujo, I just like me some cute bishies!
 
#7
Sep 15, 4:00 AM
Seiji Kishi-Fag

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4862
Wait, this is slated for Winter? Oh well I'm looking already stacked up, but Silver Link doing this as well as this series isn't the type of stuff they usually would make, so this would be... rather refreshing to see. Though we'll see how this goes and see if it works well.
 
#8
Sep 15, 4:05 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4002
So this is silver link 1st gay anime ?!

We are getting so many unnecessarily gay anime these days !!
 
#9
Sep 15, 4:19 AM
Seiji Kishi-Fag

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4862
thepath said:
So this is silver link 1st gay anime ?!

We are getting so many unnecessarily gay anime these days !!

It is their first show with a full on male cast honestly.

But then again, dunno. It would be unneeded if it's something like *ahem* B-Project *ahem*
 
Sep 15, 4:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2901
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Sep 15, 4:43 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23468
phoenixalia said:
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?
It is not clear at this point as the official site just opened few hours ago. This might neither be all male anime, nor anime with heroine. It gets me a feeling of girls appearing as supportive characters and male characters fight each other in a serious battle (not "cute things").
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Sep 15, 6:58 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1519
Everyone is so good looking omg my eyes and heart ♥
@tsubasalover I found this anime is related to this Chinese drama?
 
Sep 15, 7:09 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 180
Oh def watching this, curious how the studio will handle this....since all the previous work all full of girl cast or harem show.
 
Sep 15, 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 280
Glad to see Tatsuhisa getting a main role, looked like it'd be a serious show having to do with actual butlers but then in the synopsis it says school comedy... just hope it's good either way.
 
Sep 15, 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 52
phoenixalia said:
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?


Looks like cute boys doing cute things given the characters announced and synopsis.
 
Sep 15, 2:36 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1519
phoenixalia said:
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?

PV screams otome also chara design. Yet story is more about two male leads.
I want to know why image color for everyone and MC wears a colored bracelet.
 
Sep 15, 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 8
tragedydesu said:
Looks like something that only girls can enjoy


uhhhhh how so?????
 
Sep 15, 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 33
yuu-huuu more animes fujos can praise
 
Sep 15, 4:54 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 4134
xMelodyDragonx said:
tragedydesu said:
Looks like something that only girls can enjoy


uhhhhh how so?????

Is clear that anime is aimed at girls
It's all male cast full of bishounens
 
Sep 15, 4:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 8
tragedydesu said:
xMelodyDragonx said:


uhhhhh how so?????

Is clear that anime is aimed at girls
It's all male cast full of bishounens


Guys can enjoy it too, lmao. No matter who their "intended audience" is.
 
Sep 15, 10:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2901
tsubasalover said:
It is not clear at this point as the official site just opened few hours ago. This might neither be all male anime, nor anime with heroine. It gets me a feeling of girls appearing as supportive characters and male characters fight each other in a serious battle (not "cute things").


Hmm, OK, so it's not confirmed yet. I don't mind it either way, it looks interesting. Thank you!

daggerswithroses said:
phoenixalia said:
Looks really nice. Is this an otome anime or just handsome men doing cute things?


Looks like cute boys doing cute things given the characters announced and synopsis.


It says comedy on ANN but it also says school action. I'm excited.

Shadow-Chan said:

PV screams otome also chara design. Yet story is more about two male leads.
I want to know why image color for everyone and MC wears a colored bracelet.


Yeah, the PV really felt like an otome game PV. And yesss, Suwabe-san for that beauty, please.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Sep 16, 12:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 225
This being an original anime and not derived from an otome is what makes me excited. Tatshisa <3 I love him as Noctis...I wonder if he's a master/prince character here too, with everyone competing as the butler. It really reminds me of that one BL game, Hadaka Shitsuji. Winter huh, I;m glad Idolish7 is not the only one answering to my fangirl heart. I wish it has shounen themes too.
 
Sep 16, 2:38 PM
Seiji Kishi-Fag

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4862
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
xMelodyDragonx said:


Guys can enjoy it too, lmao. No matter who their "intended audience" is.


Not sure how many guys are gonna sit though a sexist show
full of 1 dimensional male characters "sex object"

Swagernator said:

Fujos are the one that keep the sales high, so it is expected.


There killing the anime industry
the sooner there gone the better

thepath said:
So this is silver link 1st gay anime ?!

We are getting so many unnecessarily gay anime these days !!


Didn't think silver link would sink that low

xMelodyDragonx said:
Lol, well maybe it balances it out a bit? For the insane amount of one-dimensional female sex object characters in soooo many animes?


Which it's 0

Honestly that's just jumping into conclusions, no offense.

1. I know males that watch these type of series, so it's not surprising honestly. And I've seen a decent amount as well as some people did enjoyed it, which are males, that have seen some stuff that I've seen, and they liked it.

2. It's most likely because compared to the fanbase of said series the anime doesn't sell well, that would be an issue I'm seeing, but since this is an original, there's no established fanbase of this.

So, technically. No it's not killing the industry, and even then, I highly doubt they would be gone. In itself it's not killing the industry for the amount of stuff the medium makes, just saying.

3. They didn't sink low at all. They're still consistent with the stuff they make even without this so not really the case.

4. I think it's more of an all-male cast so unless they announce a female here, then for now it stays as a all-male cast.
 
Sep 16, 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 20043
Looks good, all these plebs not knowing kuroshitsuji.
 
Sep 16, 5:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 305
I don't hv high expectation from the pv but i know this will end up on my list anyway. (plus butlers xD)


haha, kind of off topic but this otakuweeb dude keep baiting and trolling in every anime news threads that aimed for females just show his stupidity and hypocrisy when he himself watching/reading 'sexualized' females. Keep your butthurt just to yourself dude

 
Sep 16, 9:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5034
Whoa, that soon? Honestly, the designs look great, plus male-butlers - you just can't screw that up >D Can't wait!
 
Sep 17, 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 33
Wasshio said:

Honestly that's just jumping into conclusions, no offense.

1. I know males that watch these type of series, so it's not surprising honestly. And I've seen a decent amount as well as some people did enjoyed it, which are males, that have seen some stuff that I've seen, and they liked it.

2. It's most likely because compared to the fanbase of said series the anime doesn't sell well, that would be an issue I'm seeing, but since this is an original, there's no established fanbase of this.

So, technically. No it's not killing the industry, and even then, I highly doubt they would be gone. In itself it's not killing the industry for the amount of stuff the medium makes, just saying.

3. They didn't sink low at all. They're still consistent with the stuff they make even without this so not really the case.

4. I think it's more of an all-male cast so unless they announce a female here, then for now it stays as a all-male cast.



dont worry noone is telling u not to watch it, we just gonna enjoy some classic death note, one punch man and rakugo shinjuu which u rated 2,2,4. im more than happy to stay like this lmao
 
Sep 17, 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 5947
Well since its an original I'll watch. I like original stuff more cause adaptions usually have filler endings or cut off before the good stuff happens.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"
 
Sep 18, 4:41 PM
Seiji Kishi-Fag

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4862
OverClock said:
Wasshio said:

Honestly that's just jumping into conclusions, no offense.

1. I know males that watch these type of series, so it's not surprising honestly. And I've seen a decent amount as well as some people did enjoyed it, which are males, that have seen some stuff that I've seen, and they liked it.

2. It's most likely because compared to the fanbase of said series the anime doesn't sell well, that would be an issue I'm seeing, but since this is an original, there's no established fanbase of this.

So, technically. No it's not killing the industry, and even then, I highly doubt they would be gone. In itself it's not killing the industry for the amount of stuff the medium makes, just saying.

3. They didn't sink low at all. They're still consistent with the stuff they make even without this so not really the case.

4. I think it's more of an all-male cast so unless they announce a female here, then for now it stays as a all-male cast.



dont worry noone is telling u not to watch it, we just gonna enjoy some classic death note, one punch man and rakugo shinjuu which u rated 2,2,4. im more than happy to stay like this lmao


Not like I have anyone against liking those shows. 2/3 of them are on my Top hated shows but its not like I'll attack anyone for it. Granted I did but only to defend myself in some sense.

But the person responded as if we're touching sexism type of shit so.
 
Sep 18, 10:32 PM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4699
Ohhh, that key visual is pretty. And some of the char designs in the PV are also very nice.

Looking forward to hearing more cast announcements, though my heart will be a bit pained if OnoD doesn't at least make an appearance.


  Open Staff Apps
  Guidelines & FAQ
  Report Abuse
  Listen ♪


Credits: 1
 
Oct 8, 9:33 PM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23468
OLDCODEX will perform the theme song.
http://moca-news.net/article/20171009/2017100912060a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Oct 9, 6:42 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1519
tsubasalover said:
OLDCODEX will perform the theme song.
http://moca-news.net/article/20171009/2017100912060a_/01/

Yes please. OLDCODEX for OP I wanted since Tattsun+Lantis.
 
Oct 9, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 69
Looks like the sort of thing I like to watch. Loving the beautiful artwork and character design.