Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Black Clover' Announces Lead Cast for Fall 2017 Broadcast

New
Jul 14, 2017 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
The official website of the upcoming TV anime Black Clover, an adaptation of the action fantasy manga by Yuuki Tabata, has announced the voice cast for the series protagonists. The cast members differ from the voice cast in an earlier adaptation which was screened at Jump Festa 2016.

Cast
Asta: Gakuto Kajiwara
Yuno: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)

Black Clover, directed by Tatsuya Yoshihara at Studio Pierrot, will begin airing in October 2017.

Source: Comic Natalie
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 14, 2017 8:19 PM

Apr 2017
Looking forward to this...
Studio Pierrot delivers with it's animation...
But hopefully they have learned from past mistakes.
Gid0Jul 28, 2017 4:36 AM
Jul 14, 2017 8:28 PM

Apr 2017
Gid0 said:
Looking forward to this...
Studio Pierrot delivers with it's animation...
But hopefully they have learned from past mistakes.

The OVA is made by Xebec

>BTW.. This studio is a whack..

>The manga is a letdown

----
>Saw Studio Pierrot

I see..

mod edit: merged double post
-HippySnob-Jul 14, 2017 10:32 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 14, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2015
literaly who? anyone know?

i think, it's fit for yuno...

hope it's deliver, but since pretty sure it gonna be long run, i am not expecting much... but pierrot is less evils anyways...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 14, 2017 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Well hmm.. alright then, I guess the cast looks fine.

And I got the jist it would be Fall 2017 because it would have been too weird for it to air in Summer 2017. I'm fine I guess with it.
Jul 14, 2017 8:43 PM
Aug 2016
is there enough material for ~50 eps..?
Jul 14, 2017 9:22 PM

Dec 2014
Yet another show for Fall 2017, next season is getting better and better.

New seiyuu for Asta, hope he does well.
Jul 14, 2017 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:

it's even enough for 75 episode if they want... it's 11 volume manga already + 1 vol light novel and by the time aired, it will 13 vol manga... it's anounced kinda late compare to BnHA or WT...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 14, 2017 9:57 PM
Aug 2016
Kuma said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

it's even enough for 75 episode if they want... it's 11 volume manga already + 1 vol light novel and by the time aired, it will 13 vol manga... it's anounced kinda late compare to BnHA or WT...
I see.
they gave Twin Star Exorcist 50 eps so I hope they'll do the same with this, 4 cours animes are really rare these days..
Jul 14, 2017 10:05 PM

Mar 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
Kuma said:

I see.
they gave Twin Star Exorcist 50 eps so I hope they'll do the same with this, 4 cours animes are really rare these days..

twin star excorcist is such a mess because it was only 7 vol when anounced, even worse it mounthly so it was 10 by the end of anime... black clover already pass that...
but yeah, long run is not many this days... i honestly not 100% sure this will be long run either... no confirmation yet IIRC...
Jul 15, 2017 12:23 AM

Mar 2013
Kuma said:

It's his first named role. And his second anime role total. Before that he had a small role in one episode of Eromanga-sensei.
Jul 15, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2017
Interested in it. Haven't read the manga yet. Hoping for it to be decent battle shounen.
MAL has no influence on Japanese Anime/Otaku industry so Self-righteous Elitist people here are really wasting their time on writing 'Critical Reviews'.
Jul 15, 2017 12:45 AM

Mar 2015
AntonKutovoi said:
Kuma said:

It's his first named role. And his second anime role total. Before that he had a small role in one episode of Eromanga-sensei.

was he ever do anything? like live action or ads or cd drama or something?
Jul 15, 2017 1:13 AM

Mar 2013
Kuma said:
AntonKutovoi said:

was he ever do anything? like live action or ads or cd drama or something?

Nope. He is a beginner (well, he DID appear in one CD drama, but his role was Fan A). He got the role trough auditions, so I wouldn't worry too much.
You can listen to his voice samples here:
http://www.haikyo.co.jp/profile/profile.php?ActorID=12813
Jul 15, 2017 1:53 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not sure how the director will handle the story but one thing I know for sure is that the animation will be great.
Jul 15, 2017 1:58 AM

Jul 2015
>Studio Pierrot

Masterpiece incoming
Jul 15, 2017 3:46 AM

Jan 2016
Oh God pls, I hope The Anime was better than the OVA.
Jul 15, 2017 4:55 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Yep, I've said before and I'll say it again, anything Studio Pierrot touches turns to shit.

I don't wanna be a negative Nancy but after their horrid adaptation of TG S2 and TSE, I can't be convinced that they'll do right by this series. I'll still watch this though of course.
Jul 15, 2017 5:42 AM

Nov 2016
Didn't like the OVA, so I just hope the TV show will change my opinion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 15, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2016
I Think it's going to be a really good anime and a long one , So yea let's just hope it has a good and a thrilling start , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 15, 2017 6:19 AM

Apr 2014
AntwanMantilla said:
Yep, I've said before and I'll say it again, anything Studio Pierrot touches turns to shit.

I don't wanna be a negative Nancy but after their horrid adaptation of TG S2 and TSE, I can't be convinced that they'll do right by this series. I'll still watch this though of course.

>X will be shit but I'll still eat it up

I never understand people like you. Not to mention your statement is quite the hyperbole.
Jul 15, 2017 6:59 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Z4k said:
>X will be shit but I'll still eat it up

I never understand people like you. Not to mention your statement is quite the hyperbole.

While I dislike the studio for how they handled the series they've adapted in recent time, that doesn't mean I can't have some hope that they'll make something I believe will actually be worthwhile.

It's not that hard to understand really.
Jul 15, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2015
I hope the anime is better than the manga
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jul 15, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
I hope this trash fails.
:3
Jul 15, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
Kuma said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
I see.

twin star excorcist is such a mess because it was only 7 vol when anounced, even worse it mounthly so it was 10 by the end of anime... black clover already pass that...
but yeah, long run is not many this days... i honestly not 100% sure this will be long run either... no confirmation yet IIRC...
And Twin Star has so much filler mixed into, and it felt like the anime had no soul for some reason
Sup...
Jul 15, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe I will give this a try. The cover shot art looks decent.
Jul 15, 2017 11:27 AM

Mar 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kuma said:

And Twin Star has so much filler mixed into, and it felt like the anime had no soul for some reason

i heard bandai namco rushed the project and forced pierrot adding lot of shit because they want to realse game version of it sooner... hence why it full of battle/advanture fillers (and honestly, i actually feels it's also affecting original source)... same thing also happened with BnHA thanks TOHO....

glad that Black CLover didn't suffer same fate since it's has pretty underdog popularity...
KumaJul 15, 2017 11:33 AM
Jul 15, 2017 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
Looking forward to this one :D
Jul 15, 2017 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
Why is the VA of the main character not the one whose Naruto and Sasuke VA? WHY?!
Jul 15, 2017 2:37 PM

Apr 2013
I thought the manga was good. The anime may be better.
Jul 15, 2017 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

i heard bandai namco rushed the project and forced pierrot adding lot of shit because they want to realse game version of it sooner... hence why it full of battle/advanture fillers (and honestly, i actually feels it's also affecting original source)... same thing also happened with BnHA thanks TOHO....

glad that Black CLover didn't suffer same fate since it's has pretty underdog popularity...

Wait I didn't knew about this information regarding on the game and that being Bandai... well then again, I wouldn't be surprised since they did the exact same thing with prior stuff tbh. At least imo.

alpha_shadow said:
I hope this trash fails.

Taking into consideration how this series is a Shounen I highly doubt that it would fail popularity wise but I do think it will probably fail financially. Though tbh I don't really want to because I thought the OVA was okay. It doesn't show anything special but I'm fine with it I guess.
Jul 15, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2017
Please Studio Pierrot don't fuck up the animation of this one. Its been a while since I saw a good quality shounen anime and I honestly think this one has a potential.
Jul 15, 2017 11:11 PM

Mar 2015
Symphyon said:
Kuma said:

Wait I didn't knew about this information regarding on the game and that being Bandai... well then again, I wouldn't be surprised since they did the exact same thing with prior stuff tbh. At least imo.

it's just discussion some people conclude because how starnge the adaptation going was... it's add tons of character, rearrange everything for the sake to make character show his power sooner... and coincidently or not, bandai launching it PS VITA game soon after...

black clover is mainly focused in story and action that make character and world buildings kinda neglected... hence why it's hard to made the game yet, and hope it's not rushing things like that too... look like game become big source of anime income... saiki also adapted (after 19 vol, lol) when they want to launch game (but also LA)...
Jul 16, 2017 3:33 AM

Oct 2015
kuma knows alot of stuff man :shrug:

O: cant honestly say i hyped for this... but eh
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jul 16, 2017 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
Holy crap it's this year? I hoped it would be next year so they could at least give this a bit more attention when they were done with boruto.

I'm also glad they chose another voice actor for asta instead of the one xebec used.
CommieSalamiJul 16, 2017 10:48 AM
Eat Me
Jul 16, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
AntwanMantilla said:

TG S2 was said to be an alternate story, not an adaptation, before the second season began. TSE I did not have enough manga chapters.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2017 7:14 PM
Aug 2016
Am I wrong, that it sounds more like a more mature Naruto/Sasuke story? Not that this is bad, in fact it might be exactly what we need!
Jul 23, 2017 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
Sukehiro Yami: Junichi Suwabe
http://moca-news.net/article/20170724/2017072411000a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
10 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no RozĂ©' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.