Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Gintama' Season to Premiere in Fall 2017

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 3, 2017 8:07 AM

Aug 2014
Infatuate said:
Let it fucking die already. Gintafags and their not-so-secret ploy to give it all 10 in hopes of overtaking MAL's #1 spot are annoying as shit.

I'll continue adding it to my list with a 1. Ty.

nice b8, m8

I can never understand people like you.
Honestly, what do you gain from hating on something that doesn't affect you in any way?
Is your life really that empty and meaningless that you gain satisfaction from trolling an online anime forum? Just let people like what they want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Jul 3, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
YESSSSSSSS \O///////
Jul 3, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2015
Infatuate said:
Let it fucking die already. Gintafags and their not-so-secret ploy to give it all 10 in hopes of overtaking MAL's #1 spot are annoying as shit.

I'll continue adding it to my list with a 1. Ty.

So there's still people that get triggered by MAL ratings? Pftt.
Jul 3, 2017 8:29 AM

Feb 2016
GOD BLESS I HOPE IT WILL HAVE AT LEAST 24 EPISODES CAUSE WINTER SEASON GAVE ME A HEARTBREAK
Jul 3, 2017 8:41 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Still remember how people used to say that you will come to know that Gintama is just a piece of crap after you watch some more anime. Bite me.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 3, 2017 8:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
I have no clue when the manga's ending. Either the manga's reaching it's climax right now and it's ending in a couple of weeks, or there's a lot of other Sorachi wants to add and it's not ending until next year. I have a feeling that the manga's not ending until early 2018.
Well as long as i good I'm ok with it being so long especially if its the final arc, cause I found the rakyou arc kind of lackluster and way below the quality of the 2 arcs before it and many of the serious arcs.
The final arc is very long mainly because they brought back a lot of older characters. I'm not sure if the final arc will live up to your expectations or not, but the final arc is as 'Gintama' as it can get. The comedy is some of the most obscure humor I've ever seen from Gintama and the action is on a larger scale than the previous series arcs. The final arc is probably the best blend of comedy and seriousness, which is basically what makes Gintama what it is today.
Jul 3, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
Katsu-kun said:
Oh no, it will take me forever to complete this franchise..
Gintama is the only anime in existance that I want that last forever. It's just that good.
Jul 3, 2017 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
I'm going to take a guess and say that it will be 13 Episodes of skipped comedy arcs, and then in Spring 2018 will be the start of Silver Soul(which would be 20-26 episodes)

I think this would work, there were 5 skipped arcs before they jumped to SA, discounting 1 arc there'll be 4 and every arc would be 3 episodes each that'll fit for 1 cour. Then again one could only hope.
Jul 3, 2017 9:12 AM
Jan 2012
Is this going to be just comedy arcs? Isn't the manga in its final arc now? No way it finishes by then.
Jul 3, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
GoldenDevilGamer said:
JizzyHitler said:
Well as long as i good I'm ok with it being so long especially if its the final arc, cause I found the rakyou arc kind of lackluster and way below the quality of the 2 arcs before it and many of the serious arcs.
The final arc is very long mainly because they brought back a lot of older characters. I'm not sure if the final arc will live up to your expectations or not, but the final arc is as 'Gintama' as it can get. The comedy is some of the most obscure humor I've ever seen from Gintama and the action is on a larger scale than the previous series arcs. The final arc is probably the best blend of comedy and seriousness, which is basically what makes Gintama what it is today.
As long as there is some emotional connection, cause rakyou fell really flat in that regard and the comedy and serious blended probably the worst it ever has creating a legit tonal dissonance. It wasnt bad but i could see how a great conclusion to the kamui storyline was turned into just an alright one.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 3, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
excited for the new season, hope that they're going to adapt the skipped chapters from the manga 👍🏽👍🏽

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
TenshoJul 3, 2017 10:45 PM
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 3, 2017 9:42 AM

May 2015
Seeing a new season of Gintama announced on the front page is like christmas day.

I can't wait till fall though!!
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Jul 3, 2017 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
Final arc, maybe ?

The Final Arc had already been confirmed in anime.
Jul 3, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2009
THE HYPE TRAIN IS HERE I CAN'T WAIT
Jul 3, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2015
SeijiroUshio said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
I'm going to take a guess and say that it will be 13 Episodes of skipped comedy arcs, and then in Spring 2018 will be the start of Silver Soul(which would be 20-26 episodes)

I think this would work, there were 5 skipped arcs before they jumped to SA, discounting 1 arc there'll be 4 and every arc would be 3 episodes each that'll fit for 1 cour. Then again one could only hope.
Don't forget the 4 One shot chapters that haven't been adapted yet
Sup...
Jul 3, 2017 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
YES, can't wait for new episodes of gintama! :D
Jul 3, 2017 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
JizzyHitler said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
As long as there is some emotional connection, cause rakyou fell really flat in that regard and the comedy and serious blended probably the worst it ever has creating a legit tonal dissonance. It wasnt bad but i could see how a great conclusion to the kamui storyline was turned into just an alright one.
IMO Rakuyou actually had the best Blend of Comedy and Action(mostly in the first 6 Episodes of the arc)
Sup...
Jul 3, 2017 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
This will either be more Reruns, Silver Soul, or Skipped manga chapters, but it's still unclear if the Staff are trolling us or not
Sup...
Jul 3, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
JizzyHitler said:
IMO Rakuyou actually had the best Blend of Comedy and Action(mostly in the first 6 Episodes of the arc)
disagree entirely, I found the comedy fell massively flat and conflicted with the tone of the entire arc, it felt like the entire arc was desperate to recappture the comedic flow of the pre final arcs and just wound up getting caught in a dissonance. It needed desperately to stick to one tone more than the other and only succeeded near the end with the kamui stuff.

In alot of the other serious arcs the comedy actually tones itself down to a more subtle or less in your face series of gags often letting only a few sight gags or the dialogue carry the humor. Rakyou seemed confused about what it wanted to be and kept going for the 4th wall breaking over the top stuff found in comedy only arcs. Not saying there werent serious arcs before it that didnt do this too but tonally wise rakyou was probably the single worst as transitioning tones and came off more schizophranic than well put together. It doesnt help that the actual events of the arc felt dramatically less important than the 2 prior to it almost like it was padding, which looking at its manga length it kind of was.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 3, 2017 11:07 AM
Jul 3, 2017 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Well more Gintama is welcome to me, though I have to get back to the previous one to finish it (Lul 2 seasons and I haven't finished it yet... I do need to).
Jul 3, 2017 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
AlgilarKnight said:
A lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Porori arc refers to the pool episode apparently, since that's part of the game they play in that episode and it was technically an arc in the manga. None of the unadapted arcs were called Porori as well.

So this is ANOTHER rerun. Or a Gintama Enchousen deal if we're lucky.

News says, "The main cast of the anime will reprise their roles and Chizuru Miyawaki will continue to direct the series.", so surely it shouldn't be a rerun. Plus final arc seems incomplete atm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2017 1:34 PM

May 2014
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Idc what it's adapting so long as we get more Gintama...unless they're just re-runs?

I don't think it'll be current manga arc since that's the final one- I just presumed the manga would be over before that one's adapted. Maybe they'll be doing the manga arcs that haven't been animated yet- I've been dying to see them and as far as I'm aware there are quite a few.
It'd be great to have a cour compromised of arcs yet to be animated...tbh I miss Gintama before the SA arc, even if those story arcs and the fights are really good, what charmed me about the series was the mixture of everything it had.

It's to be expected though, I guess. It is coming to its end :/
I dunno though, I'd rather Gintama have a really hilarious final arc rather than a serious or darker one. It just seems more fitting to me given how the series has been all these years.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2017 2:19 PM

Nov 2013
The best thing ever created is finally coming back and i'm both hyped for what this is going to be about and all the butthurts showing up here.

Gintama > your fav is greatness. <3
Jul 3, 2017 9:28 PM

Aug 2015
Wow fast... And here I am still stuck at ep 1 S1... Lol XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jul 4, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2017
Oh My God am I crying or am i crying 😭😭 I waited so long not really I finished Gintama like last month but feels like forever IM SO HAPPY OMG
Jul 4, 2017 2:34 AM

Jul 2014
Yeahey! Let's Party!!!! btw what chapter is the porori arc cant remember that arc
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jul 4, 2017 2:46 AM

Feb 2014
I love Gintama but please return to what you do best, comedy. Last season was still good but weak by its own standards.
Jul 4, 2017 8:57 AM

Sep 2011
AlgilarKnight said:
A lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Porori arc refers to the pool episode apparently, since that's part of the game they play in that episode and it was technically an arc in the manga. None of the unadapted arcs were called Porori as well.

So this is ANOTHER rerun. Or a Gintama Enchousen deal if we're lucky.
I don't think that's a concern given that reruns are already going for Gintama right now and they already put out a teaser for the silver soul arc. If it were reruns they would not announce reprising staff roles.

An enchousen is possible but against that still means new episodes. I almost hope it will be one just so they can balance their budget better cause its such a shame how outright bad the show has looked at points in the recent serious arcs. Shinsengumi farewell I think is the best the show has ever gotten but it had puke inducing cgi soldiers and quality up the ass. The Takasugi fight in the shogun arc was the only thing that really was well animated. Its just such a shame cause previous serious arcs were able to be complimented with some excellent visual direction and even animation at points, so to see this long running show fall flat so close to the end during the most important moments of the entire decade old series is nothing short of depressing.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 4, 2017 1:10 PM
Jun 2017
fuck them all.why the hell did this shit get another fucking sequel that will probably reach the top ten here because of the peoples with shit taste and than make the top 10 trashier than it is now.i would rather a sequel of tenshi no drop specia over this shit literally because those 5 min special made me laugh 10x more than everything i watched in gintama
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
Jul 4, 2017 8:10 PM
Feb 2017
Gintama is too amazing to end. Sorachi is a genius. Kimi no na wa is going to be pushed down the ranks soon.
Jul 4, 2017 11:29 PM
Dec 2014
eXtacy67 said:
I love Gintama but please return to what you do best, comedy. Last season was still good but weak by its own standards.

You're gonna be very satisfied if this adapts the last arc then. That's all i'll say.
Jul 4, 2017 11:38 PM

May 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Just let this die already
My eyes hurt every time I open the Top anime page

It's not even over yet.

Jul 5, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2014
I feel like the anime saying that "this season is the final one" is just a running gag now lmao.

Speaking of Gintama, I need to catch up someday :P
Jul 5, 2017 4:13 AM

Sep 2014
Never enough Gintama.

And people already complaining about MAL's top 10 lol.
Jul 5, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like it's confirmed to be Skipped Chapters. I'm glad that we're not getting Silver Soul this soon.
Jul 5, 2017 12:10 PM
Jul 2017
Awesome! I can't wait to watch it!! Q_Q
Jul 5, 2017 12:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
For those worried about it being reruns, apparently it's been confirmed that it's an adaptation on the unadapted chapters: https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/882613893373341696
Jul 5, 2017 5:15 PM

Nov 2015
Oh God not another one.

Jul 5, 2017 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
will gintama finally becomes the undisputable number 1 of the mal ntop llist?
this epic quest of the series to finally completely dominate the top 10 highest rated anime of this website is so exciting
Jul 5, 2017 8:57 PM

Jun 2016
Time to give it my first 10/10 when it comes out so it takes first place.

I'm gonna stalk and report 1/10 altfags too.
Jul 5, 2017 9:07 PM

Oct 2016
so only Porori Arc or they will continue after the arc?

and what the fuck Porori Arc.
Jul 5, 2017 11:07 PM

Aug 2016
Oh boy. The anime with a low amount of members that hijacks top 10 spots has returned. Hide yo kids. Hide yo wife.
Jul 6, 2017 6:22 AM

Jan 2012
So many salty people.

More Gintama is always welcome. ;)
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Jul 6, 2017 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
gabrielrroiz said:
will gintama finally becomes the undisputable number 1 of the mal ntop llist?
mutliple gintama seasons have been #1 before, if you mean one that stays #1 thats not happening. The top 10 has changed alot through the years, kara no kyoukai 5 used to be #1 for example.

JFuji said:
Oh boy. The anime with a low amount of members that hijacks top 10 spots has returned. Hide yo kids. Hide yo wife.
gintama actually has a pretty large amount of members pretty consistently stay around 150-200K members. LOTGH is the one with a kind of smallish member count mainly due to its old age for whatever reaosn turning people off from watching a good series.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 6, 2017 5:33 PM

Aug 2014
myengisbad said:
fuck them all.why the hell did this shit get another fucking sequel that will probably reach the top ten here because of the peoples with shit taste and than make the top 10 trashier than it is now.i would rather a sequel of tenshi no drop specia over this shit literally because those 5 min special made me laugh 10x more than everything i watched in gintama

Why so salty? I've seen you shittalk Gintama on multiple occasions without actually offering any insight on why you dislike the series? At this point, I'm starting to think that you just don't understand Gintama and you're embarrassed so that's why you hate on it.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Jul 8, 2017 6:02 AM
Jun 2017
RickHarrison said:
myengisbad said:

Why so salty? I've seen you shittalk Gintama on multiple occasions without actually offering any insight on why you dislike the series? At this point, I'm starting to think that you just don't understand Gintama and you're embarrassed so that's why you hate on it.
what not to understand about gintama lol it is a comedy show with shitty jokes
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
Jul 8, 2017 7:48 AM

Aug 2014
myengisbad said:
RickHarrison said:

If that's all you can say, then clearly you don't understand the true quality of Gintama. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Jul 8, 2017 7:59 AM
Jun 2017
RickHarrison said:
myengisbad said:

If that's all you can say, then clearly you don't understand the true quality of Gintama. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nah you just don't see the shitness of it

Jul 8, 2017 8:59 AM

Aug 2014
myengisbad said:
RickHarrison said:

nah you just don't see the shitness of it

I've asked you to explain it yet you still haven't, so obviously you have no answer and just hate out of jealousy.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Reveals More Cast

DatRandomDude - 18 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
18 minutes ago

» 'Odd Taxi' Director Baku Kinoshita Helms 'Housenka' Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - 49 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
49 minutes ago

» Anime Movie Adaptation of 'Hyakuemu.' Manga Announced

DatRandomDude - 59 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Bye-Bye, Earth' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

3 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» 'Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka V' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

3 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.