Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Gintama' Season to Premiere in Fall 2017

New
Jul 3, 2017 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
The official website of Gintama has unveiled that the anime will resume with a new season beginning with the "Porori Arc." This year's August issue of Animedia magazine, to be released on July 10, features the anime in its cover and will also reveal the announcement. The main cast of the anime will reprise their roles and Chizuru Miyawaki will continue to direct the series. It is scheduled to broadcast in October of this year.

Gintama is written by Hideaki Sorachi and has been serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump magazine since December 2003. The manga has received 68 compiled manga volumes, with the 69th to be released on July 4.

The first season of Gintama aired in Spring 2006, followed by four TV anime adaptations, for a total of 328 episodes. The recent season aired in Winter 2017. The series has also received multiple OVA, special, and movie adaptations. The live-action adaptation will screen in Japanese theaters on July 14, followed by screenings shown in various parts of Asia.

Source: Animedia

Gintama (Shinsaku) on MAL
SnowSep 11, 2017 5:29 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2017 1:49 AM

Jul 2013
Tremble, Kimi no Na wa :v
Jul 3, 2017 1:53 AM

Apr 2017
!!!!!!,??!?! Can't wait!!, I'm glad its going back before the Silver Soul arc though :)

Jul 3, 2017 1:54 AM

Jun 2012
My word, what.the hell am I getting excited when Index 3 is next on the line.
Jul 3, 2017 1:57 AM

Feb 2015
Yay, one more Gintama to the top ten.
Yay, even more threads asking why it's there.
Jul 3, 2017 2:02 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Jul 3, 2017 2:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
There's just no stop is there

Well it better be an improvement over the last season because that was very disappointing by Gintama standards
Jul 3, 2017 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Looks like they're going back to animate the arcs that they skipped over.
Jul 3, 2017 2:11 AM

Jan 2009
inb4 Gintama takes all the top 10 ranking of MAL
Jul 3, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2015
What is Porori Arc?
Jul 3, 2017 2:16 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome, more Gintama is always nice. Can't wait for it to inevitably land in the top 10, causing the creation of more pointless threads from salty people.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 3, 2017 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
So they are adapting the arc before all the shit went down? This will be better than resuming with the next arc.

Jul 3, 2017 2:35 AM

Mar 2014
great news, damn i need to catch up quickly since I haven't watched the latest season
Jul 3, 2017 2:37 AM

Oct 2016
Yey!!! I hope they will release more episodes this time...
Jul 3, 2017 2:41 AM
Aug 2015
Great they're releasing the arcs that were skipped by the anime. I'm hoping for some classic Gintama excuse that those arcs weren't animated yet because the stuff was lazy or something and now they're just adapt them because they're too close to the end xD
Jul 3, 2017 3:12 AM

Nov 2013
Ooh finally something announced recently thats worth getting excited for. I was hoping this was for the Silver Soul arc, but oh well, still hype.
Jul 3, 2017 3:20 AM
Dec 2013
R.I.P. Kimi no Na wa
Jul 3, 2017 3:28 AM

Sep 2015
Eyyyy more Gintama boyzz
Can't be mad (^_^)☆
Jul 3, 2017 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
another gintama sequel in the top 10 hehe
Jul 3, 2017 3:35 AM

Feb 2016
I wonder if they will even touch the new arc or will just adapt everything they left out.

Hyped like always.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jul 3, 2017 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
Ohohoho we need more Gintama in the top 10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 3, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2014
Oh no, it will take me forever to complete this franchise..
Jul 3, 2017 4:15 AM

Nov 2007
Tyrel said:

After the final third of Gintama° (which remains one of the greatest stories ever told in ANY medium, yeah I rate them higher than any anime I have seen) and Gintama. (which lacked the comedy for what had happened in the previous season which makes Gintama— Gintama) we really needed them to go back the previous arcs that they skipped over.

I am really happy because for someone like me who doesn't watch anime as frequently as he did in the past, Gintama is one of those few anime that keep me attached to this medium. :)

One more anime to look forward to alongside Violet Evergarden, Hibike! Movies, Chuunibyou: Take On Me, Mahoustuaki no Yome, Cardcaptor Sakura CC-hen, Love Love! Sunshine!! and S;G 0.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 3, 2017 4:18 AM

Dec 2015
Damn, fall 2017 will be the best season of the year with all these sequel (if they plan to put here One Punch Man or Nanatsu no Tazai it will be really nice lol...)

Now I'm motivated to finish Gintama 8) Soon I will finish the first serie.

set by taiyaki

Jul 3, 2017 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
Porori Arc? Which one is it?

Trolling and just adapting the last arc would be such a Gintama thing to do
Jul 3, 2017 4:25 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like it was also announced at final broadcast of Gintama rebroadcast (Yorinuke) yesterday.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 3, 2017 4:28 AM
Dec 2014
Tyrel said:

Could you tell me why you're making that assumption? It only says they're rerunning 'porori arc' (A.K.A. the pool episodes)
Jul 3, 2017 4:58 AM

Jan 2015
Just let this die already
My eyes hurt every time I open the Top anime page
Jul 3, 2017 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
Hah! Screw the haters, another Gintama title to take the top 10 spots!
Jul 3, 2017 5:01 AM

Sep 2015
Gintama is back with skipped comedy arc? i am still dreaming? and its back so fast
Into the Internet!
Jul 3, 2017 5:03 AM

Aug 2015
No idea what's Porori Arc but new Gintama season is greeeat! Yeah like everyone's hoping for skipped arcs will be nice in preparation for the Silver Soul Arc.

treedude said:
Tyrel said:

Could you tell me why you're making that assumption? It only says they're rerunning 'porori arc' (A.K.A. the pool episodes)

It didn't say re-run at all, and in the entirety of the franchise there was only 1 pool episode.
Jul 3, 2017 5:08 AM

Jan 2016
Shokugeki no Soma S3 and now this?? So Hyped!
Another Gintama at top 10.
R.I.P Kimi no Na wa. xD

Jul 3, 2017 5:26 AM

Jul 2012

i screamed in the presence of like 5 other people when i saw this
fall is looking so goddamn good, y'all
Jul 3, 2017 5:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
tfw Fall is looking godly but its the season where i have to start to make sacrifices and watch less anime

if its not more rerun, well rip one anime i was looking forward, gintama will take its place. .-.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 3, 2017 5:33 AM
Aug 2016
Wow! It is so great that gintama will continue but what is porori arc? I have no idea about it. I hope that skipped manga chapters are adapted into anime.
Jul 3, 2017 5:54 AM

Dec 2014
Awesome news, Fall 2017 is looking crazy good for me.

Do we know if this will be the final season?
Lelouch0202Jul 3, 2017 6:00 AM
Jul 3, 2017 5:56 AM

Feb 2012
What kinda shit is a Porori arc, I've read the manga and I don't know what the hell is it.

This must be some joke. None of the arcs is named Porori. If anyone knows remind a brother about it.
Jul 3, 2017 6:22 AM

Jun 2015
Bird said:

you have terrible taste in gifs.

OT: This is good news indeed, I wasn't expecting any more Gintama this year.
I've been so bored of all the seasonal anime, so I'm happy there's something to look forward to.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jul 3, 2017 6:22 AM
Mar 2014
A lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Porori arc refers to the pool episode apparently, since that's part of the game they play in that episode and it was technically an arc in the manga. None of the unadapted arcs were called Porori as well.

So this is ANOTHER rerun. Or a Gintama Enchousen deal if we're lucky.
Jul 3, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
more gintama, and what comedy arc left unadapted? am i dreaming?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 3, 2017 6:36 AM

Jul 2012
TheLonelyCynic said:
Bird said:

you have terrible taste in gifs.

OT: This is good news indeed, I wasn't expecting any more Gintama this year.
I've been so bored of all the seasonal anime, so I'm happy there's something to look forward to.

you insult me in my own home
Jul 3, 2017 6:46 AM

Oct 2015
Yassss, I can always accept a new season of Gintama.

Click the spinning
ghost for delivery (~‾▽‾)~
Jul 3, 2017 6:48 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It seems most likely that they'll be adapting the skipped comedy arcs and chapters. Final arc adaptation's got to wait I guess. I mean, the arc's still not done in the manga, so...

Or it could just be reruns again XD
GoldenDevilGamerJul 3, 2017 7:32 AM
Jul 3, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
Looking forward to the new season, hopefully there'll be some good comedy.
Jul 3, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2015
Ramkec said:
What kinda shit is a Porori arc, I've read the manga and I don't know what the hell is it.

This must be some joke. None of the arcs is named Porori. If anyone knows remind a brother about it.
Most likely the skipped comedy chapters
Sup...
Jul 3, 2017 7:38 AM

Jul 2015
I'm going to take a guess and say that it will be 13 Episodes of skipped comedy arcs, and then in Spring 2018 will be the start of Silver Soul(which would be 20-26 episodes)
Sup...
Jul 3, 2017 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
GoldenDevilGamer said:
It seems most likely that they'll be adapting the skipped comedy arcs and chapters. Final arc adaptation's got to wait I guess. I mean, the arc's still not done in the manga, so...

Surely it has to be close to over by the time october rolls around. Sorachi really must suck at planning if it doesnt cause he was so adamant that it would end this year.

SenpaiJay98 said:
I'm going to take a guess and say that it will be 13 Episodes of skipped comedy arcs, and then in Spring 2018 will be the start of Silver Soul(which would be 20-26 episodes)
that sounds ideal to me. I just hope they find a way to work in the skipped comedy chapters better than gintama's goofy 4th wall breaks cause no matter how i think about it the show feels like a pacing killer to pass the point of no return then straight up regress. I think the final arcs hold alot of emotional kick becuase the good times are over. Personally I think the way they could very easilly do this without devaluing the tone of the current arcs is to just have the comedy chapters be flashbacks of characters reminicing.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 3, 2017 7:55 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Surely it has to be close to over by the time october rolls around. Sorachi really must suck at planning if it doesnt cause he was so adamant that it would end this year.

SenpaiJay98 said:
that sounds ideal to me. I just hope they find a way to work in the skipped comedy chapters better than gintama's goofy 4th wall breaks cause no matter how i think about it the show feels like a pacing killer to pass the point of no return then straight up regress. I think the final arcs hold alot of emotional kick becuase the good times are over. Personally I think the way they could very easilly do this without devaluing the tone of the current arcs is to just have the comedy chapters be flashbacks of characters reminicing.
I have no clue when the manga's ending. Either the manga's reaching it's climax right now and it's ending in a couple of weeks, or there's a lot of other Sorachi wants to add and it's not ending until next year. I have a feeling that the manga's not ending until early 2018.
Jul 3, 2017 8:02 AM

Sep 2011
GoldenDevilGamer said:
JizzyHitler said:

I have no clue when the manga's ending. Either the manga's reaching it's climax right now and it's ending in a couple of weeks, or there's a lot of other Sorachi wants to add and it's not ending until next year. I have a feeling that the manga's not ending until early 2018.
Well as long as i good I'm ok with it being so long especially if its the final arc, cause I found the rakyou arc kind of lackluster and way below the quality of the 2 arcs before it and many of the serious arcs.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 3, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
JizzyHitler said:

my guess is Volume 73 will be the last volume of the series
Sup...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
33 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 7 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.