Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"I work alone"

Oh poor Akko, getting trapped into a cage like a bird although I will say that she is clever at escaping by transforming into a rat. Not sure how I feel about that mute girl. She seems more like a brat.

Looks like the monster this week took on a much bigger size.
Pretty chaotic episode. I was not expecting some mecha action as well.
May 7, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2010
So a mecha saved the day, Japan and it's obsessions.
Well Ako being helpful was interesting to watch even if it created a lot of trouble at first she turned out the be very useful/
I like the ship way more the the robot it was much more appealing.
May 7, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
Did anyone noticed the TTGL parody? LOVED IT! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
May 7, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
>that Obari mecha design
Umineko said:
Did anyone noticed the TTGL parody? LOVED IT! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
Not only TTGL but the Brave Series as well, most notably Brave Express Might Gaine.

Edit:

Sasuga Amemiya and Imaishi.
Get Mr. Masami Obari or Mr. Masahiro Yamane on board, if they decide to do another mecha series.
CabronMay 9, 2017 11:58 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 7, 2017 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
Last week was a Utena reference, this week Gurren Lagann / Getter /Brave reference.

I need to call a friend to watch this episode lol.
kofmasterMay 7, 2017 5:59 PM
May 7, 2017 6:30 PM

Dec 2013
That was such a wacky episode... but I loved every minute of it omg.
Anyone else felt this episode was really creative and wholeheartedly just fun to watch?

5/5 episode

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
May 7, 2017 6:56 PM
Sep 2012
It was a fine episode, Constanze is such a cutie, I don't blame Akko for wanting to hug her all day. She is so precious.

And we had some mecha references, it was a enjoyable episode. I just wished we would finally hear Constanze talk, maybe saving that for the last episode.
May 8, 2017 3:36 AM

Sep 2015

Constanze finally smiled :o
May 8, 2017 5:25 AM

Dec 2012
So confirmed Constanze is mute? This episode had a lot of funny moments for sure.

Why can't chariot just dropkick croix off the cliff? Kinda bothers me how she's just waiting for stuff to happen.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
May 8, 2017 5:32 AM

Dec 2009
The moment the monster grabed the mech's face reminded me a lot of Evangelion too, either Sachiel's fight or the Eva series fight (maybe both)
May 8, 2017 11:47 AM

Oct 2008
Loved the episode for the all the aforementioned reasons. Though, again, I have to wonder if it's okay for Chariot to give out all the secrets of the magical world in her cards... (^.^;)
May 8, 2017 2:06 PM

Feb 2016
Tengen Toppa GRAND CHARIOT!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 8, 2017 2:45 PM
Jan 2013
What site did yall watch this episode? If yall are watching raw, I can understand Japanese. Tell me thanks.
May 8, 2017 3:02 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
where are people watching right now? cause its not even raw on any site
May 8, 2017 4:34 PM
Nov 2015
YEE THAT GURREN LAGANN REFERENCE
May 8, 2017 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
What an awesome episode. With some perseverance, Akko managed to work with Constanze. It was epic when the airship transformed into a mecha. The smile Constanze made at the end was cute.
May 8, 2017 7:29 PM
Aug 2014
Might sound weird but Constanze reminds me of Mikazuki (from Gundam). Man, I really want a full mecha-themed anime by Trigger.
May 8, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2015
EPIC GURREN LAGANN REFERENCES ARE EPIC
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

May 8, 2017 7:41 PM
May 2017
Vidius101 said:
What site did yall watch this episode? If yall are watching raw, I can understand Japanese. Tell me thanks.
I watched it from http://asenshi.moe/
May 8, 2017 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Good God, if I could rate episodes this would be a 10/10. The nostalgia was strong in this one and the feels wouldn't stop flowing, it was too f*cking awesome.
Based Trigger, saving anime one LWA episode at a time.
May 8, 2017 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Vidius101 said:

I downloaded the episode from Asenshi's site. Not sure if I can link fansubs here though.
May 8, 2017 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
When you leave Gainax, but Gainax doesn't leave you!
Awesome episode. Trigger saving anime again!

GIGA DORIRUUU BREEEEAKER!
May 8, 2017 8:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That awkward moment when this show went full TTGL in the second half xD I love it lol...All this needed was for someone to say Kamina/Simon's epic line "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM"
May 8, 2017 8:30 PM
Jun 2016
Remember when a show about little witches revived the mecha genre?

Awesome episode, my favorite so far. I love every moment of it. I didn't really know how to feel about Constanze before since we hadn't really seen much about her, but this episode convinced me, I love her. She's so cute and determined! She didn't talk at the end but she smiled adorably, which is just as good if you ask me.
May 8, 2017 8:40 PM

Sep 2009
Oh the nostalgia feeling. 10 years after TTGL was first aired. Thank you, Trigger.
Saving the anime!
May 8, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2012
Fun & exciting episode.
Nice to see the focus on Constanze. She is so cool with all her creations & secret base.

Love the Ship transforming into a Mecha. Great Gurren Lagann reference.
"Pierce the Heavens"

Adorable Constanze smile at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 8, 2017 9:44 PM
Jun 2015
They are getting better at the ending transitions, I was not expecting that ending with Constanze. Too adorable!
May 8, 2017 10:03 PM

Jan 2014
Loved this episode.

I think these slice-of-life episodes where it's just Akko's antics and her friends is where this show shines brilliantly. I would have been happy without the Grand Triskellion and Croix vs Chariot plot lines. However, beggers can't be choosers. This show is still amazing.

BUT

18 episodes in and 7 episodes left.....when will Diana ever get an episode?

May 8, 2017 10:43 PM

Mar 2008
Row Row fight the powah, Akko!! lol

Also, Can Dyke-sensei just go away already?
May 8, 2017 11:01 PM

Jan 2009

Just when I thought I could use anime to escape ESPORTS, they hit me with this.
May 8, 2017 11:03 PM

May 2016
>Amanda episode last week
>Constanze episode this week
>Diana episode next week

The LWA hype train can't be stopped :D
May 8, 2017 11:54 PM

Apr 2014
kinda liking constanze :3
May 9, 2017 12:08 AM

Jan 2009
damn what an episode that was lol the mecha action was great, its like Gurren Lagann with Giga Drill Breaker too

and Croix is measuring the emotional energy of people eh to make it as a fuel spirit
May 9, 2017 12:10 AM
Feb 2017
I WANT MORE PLOT DAMMIT.
Having said that I am a total sucker for Gurren Lagann and Neon Genesis, as well as the magical parade movie of LWA, so this episode made me pretty damn happy.
I also thought it was better that the show didnt focus on finding the words. The best feelings from the show have come when Akko stumbled on the words when the situation required it, not when she actively went looking for them as in the past two or so eps. so im glad we got a break from that.
Constanze is cool. I want/need more Diana, and Ursula though. its been too long without much from them.
May 9, 2017 12:30 AM

Jul 2015
PLOT MISSING
Last seen a few episodes ago wearing a blue hat.
If you see him, call Trigger. If you know where he is, please call our tips number. He's a highly researched individual. He knows we're looking for him. Don't confront him or he might flee.
May 9, 2017 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
And so,
a new Girl was Added to Akko's harem Collection

btw, his new chapter is sooooo gurren lagann
kururugikaiMay 9, 2017 1:18 AM
May 9, 2017 1:08 AM
Jul 2011
Tons of references.
For example "120% energy output" is Uchuu Senkan Yamato reference.
May 9, 2017 1:17 AM
Oct 2011
I think that's enough. Dropped.
May 9, 2017 2:19 AM
Mar 2017
And the pieces are slowly moving to their rightful places. That leaves us Jasminka,Andrew? if they will still even do another episode just for him.and ofcourse, the main dish, Diana. And then we'll go to the climax or maybe start with Diana,mix her in, then slowly make it's way to the very climax.. If they go through that pattern, i dont mind. :) Still loving how this show seem very western! This is perfect to watch when i want to take a breather from other anime..
Episode 18 5/5 will watch again for Constanze!
Dried_PlumMay 9, 2017 2:40 AM
May 9, 2017 2:33 AM

May 2009
Best animated episode in a while.

JustDan said:
BUT

18 episodes in and 7 episodes left.....when will Diana ever get an episode?

Stop whining. Tattun said next 2 or 3 episodes are about her.
May 9, 2017 2:39 AM

Dec 2009
This episode got all super robot on me. Loved it.

Also, the animation was top notch. 5/5
May 9, 2017 3:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Insert all the Witcher 3 memes, mixed with some TTGL shenanigans

just Trigger things
May 9, 2017 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
Amanda episode last week, Constanze episode this week, Diana episode next week. Looks like they are making sure we get to see all the side characters get their own episode before we reach the final part of the plot.

Oh and my favourite shot from this episode.

Infatuate said:
So confirmed Constanze is mute? This episode had a lot of funny moments for sure.

I don't think she is mute because she makes reaction noises. Maybe she simply chooses not to speak or I dunno...maybe she's been cursed or something.
May 9, 2017 4:14 AM

Jan 2015
It's not Akko if she didn't "messed up" easily like that, right? But seriously, maybe Constanze try considering about using Akko as her lab rat the moment she get into that cage.But wait, it's a mechanical and not biological experiment. LOL
But well, it's just about Constanze giving Akko another chance to help and become her lab partner.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 9, 2017 5:12 AM

Jul 2016
Well, looks like the posts are all over the place again, AND I'M BACK!

Well, looks like Akko got into someone's nerve again and this time it's.....CONSTANZE!?!?!
NO, NEVER disturb the mute queen of the machine!

All joking aside, this episode was pretty good. We finally delve into Constanze's life. Apparently, her parents work involved boats and...Pfft! That face (Sour face of all sour faces). Not only that, she has a FREAKING LAB! UNDER HER DORM! Where does the space come from? Nitpicking aside, her lab is amazing, complete with robot drones and tools for everyday needs. It was nice to see Akko and Constanze finally warm up to each other and build their battleship/mecha (Gurren Lagaan/ Kill la Kill/ Space Patrol Luluco vibes anyone? wait, just me?!?! #@$%!!) Though I did see posts of the plot being missing, I disagree though. This is where we bring up Prof. Croix in this episode. She invited tourists to Blightonbury, possibly to sabotage the hunt and give a magic a bad name (Remember, she was researching magic generated from wrath in an earlier episode) and she even summoned a Crow Demon-mech-thingy, because nothing can stop other than a mech..OH WAIT! Of course, you know the drill, Akko and Constanze activates the Gurre- I MEAN, the Metamor-formation(?) and saved the day. But that fail though, who would've guessed that the mech would lose energy from transforming alone.
And then there's the ending, Akko gets a flying(?) broom, and Constanze...

.......Guys, I think someone around the world got cured from cancer and someone else entirely got diabetes.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
May 9, 2017 5:16 AM
Mar 2015
The magical mecha was hilarious. Using up all its magic just to transform
May 9, 2017 5:23 AM
Sep 2012
Okay we finally get a Constanze episode though she still has yet to say anything, maybe in the last episode. Cuteness overload with this episode, Constanze is just too adorable, I don't blame Akko for wanting to hug her, she is so adorable. I know she is just short and probably the same age as everyone, but she is like the little sister of the show.

So Little Witch Academia does its own take on Pokemon Go, this ghost hunter this is Pokemon Go to me. And Croax gave Constanze a ghost hunting license, she is not completely bad. Akko tries to help and breaks Constanze robot, and feels so guilty she wants to help.

Yeah Akko is a little pushy and this behavior is very much like in Enchanted Parade when Akko was at her worst, not taking people's feelings into consideration, thinking you know best, ironicly that is the part about Diana's character that gets on Akko's nerve the most, Akko she is the same when it comes to thinking she knows best just in a different way. But is comes from a good place, I forgive her. I also think Akko thinks Constanze is lonely and isolated and wants to be her friend.

Constanze writing "I work alone", so Constanze is Batman confirmed.

I love the sounds effects when Constanze was inspired by Akko and came up with an idea for the ship design. And the ship was awesome, and we had mecha in Little Witch Academia, what more can yo ask.

And this episodes convinces me more that Croax is a ends justify the means person, I don't think her end goal is evil. Would be helpful just told us her goal instead of playing games, but the show doesn't want us to know. I am on "Team Croax goal is not evil, things are more complex than even Ursula realizes". That is a long team name.

And it is nice that Constanze gave Akko a broom she can fly with slowly, Akko continues to gain allies, it is going to come in handy some day.
blfanMay 9, 2017 5:28 AM
May 9, 2017 5:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I had a lot of fun with this episode but at the same time, i think the first half of this episode is that one moment in this series i hated Akko the most.
Jesus christ she was even more annoying than usual .-.
DatRandomDudeMay 9, 2017 5:56 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 9, 2017 5:51 AM
Aug 2014
xSkipi said:

Constanze finally smiled :o

Lol is that original? Why league of legends is involved lol
May 9, 2017 6:42 AM
Apr 2015
I love Amanda, Constanze and Jasminka and I'm glad the show gave some focus to them before the final battle. These three remind me of the three witches from The School for Good and Evil book series.

So we got an Amanda episode last week, Constanze episode this week.
So does this mean that next week will be Jasminka's turn?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

125 by ViSpace »»
Feb 5, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.