Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 3, 2017 9:50 PM
Dec 2016
At least Madoka, Evangelion and Sakura get the better places that they deserve than MAL.
May 3, 2017 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
Lots of Love Live and Tiger & Bunny in the top 10...

Happy to see this Cardcaptor Sakura up there though.
May 3, 2017 10:15 PM

Oct 2015
That Giratina Pokemon movie and Joker Game are in the top 100? Seriously?

They are missing:

Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Ghost in the Shell (the 1995 movie)
Wolfs Rain
Outlaw Star
Monster
Ergo Proxy
Death Note

And Akira was way too low.

I'm also surprised that Naruto, Bleach and Dragonball weren't in there with just how popular they are.

Also did they mean HxH 2011 or 1999, the link takes me to the 1999 one but I never hear about that one.
May 3, 2017 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
This list is not so bad. Love Live! dominates so that's good.
:)
May 3, 2017 10:17 PM

Aug 2008
Great list. Code Geass, CCS, Shigatsu,Shirobako,Gintama,Steins Gate,Clannad AS and AoT are all there. WOW! Juuni Kokuki is there too. I always felt that anime is underrated.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 3, 2017 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
AkuseruVIII said:
HikariJake said:

And also, as a huge Berserk fan, it is absolutely insulting that any Berserk adaptations are nowhere to be found on the top 400 list. Shame on you, Japan.

Because all Berserk adpations are decent at best. The movies third one is good but the first and second sucks , Berserk 2016 is shit , Berserk 2016 okay but alot of people don't care about anymore or don't even watch and 97's anime is good but is super old , bad animation and the ending is bad. I don't think any Berserk anime deserve a spot on the top 400.

Bullshit. Out of 400 anime, one of the most influential dark seinen series deserves a spot. Especially if fucking Shounen Hollywood, Pokemon Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Love Live, SAO, Is the Order a Rabbit, and all of these below-decent anime are on here, then Berserk damn well should be on here, too.

kawaii96desu said:
Still better than MAL top 100 tho.

I really hope you're joking.
removed-userMay 3, 2017 10:39 PM
May 3, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Happy to see this Cardcaptor Sakura up there though.

Cardcaptor Sakura in the top 10 is this list's only saving grace.
May 3, 2017 10:46 PM
Nov 2010
HikariJake said:

Bullshit. Out of 400 anime, one of the most influential dark seinen series deserves a spot. Especially if fucking Shounen Hollywood, Pokemon Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Love Live, SAO, Is the Order a Rabbit, and all of these below-decent anime are on here, then Berserk damn well should be on here, too.

Unfortunately, all those anime you mention are a lot more popular than Berserk anime. Unless you're talking about manga alone, which would be a different thing altogether.

Yes, in the end, this list is all about anime popularity.
eplipswichMay 3, 2017 10:49 PM
May 3, 2017 10:48 PM
Dec 2016
HikariJake said:
AkuseruVIII said:

Because all Berserk adpations are decent at best. The movies third one is good but the first and second sucks , Berserk 2016 is shit , Berserk 2016 okay but alot of people don't care about anymore or don't even watch and 97's anime is good but is super old , bad animation and the ending is bad. I don't think any Berserk anime deserve a spot on the top 400.

As much as influential as Berserk the anime itself doesn't even as good as manga was also at least Is the Order a Rabbit surpass their source.

kawaii96desu said:
Still better than MAL top 100 tho.

I really hope you're joking.

MAL top 100 is even more joking than this.
May 3, 2017 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Good to see that the love for Legend Of The Galactic Heroes is still going strong.
May 3, 2017 11:07 PM
Sep 2013
eplipswich said:
HikariJake said:

Unfortunately, all those anime you mention are a lot more popular than Berserk anime. Unless you're talking about manga alone, which would be a different thing altogether.

Yes, in the end, this list is all about anime popularity.

In terms of viewership, Berserk had larger viewership than Love Live sunshine though.

This is not popularity but who has more devoted fans that vote for anime for many times.

If a person decided to devote 100 hours to keep voting then that person alone can make any anime number one.
umashikanekoMay 3, 2017 11:16 PM
May 3, 2017 11:20 PM

Sep 2016
Nice to see Osomatsu-san on there. I'm wondering how it ranked that high, though.

The amount of Love Live! on that list is... wow.
KoiMay 3, 2017 11:23 PM
idk what to do with this
forum avatar by blacklimes
May 3, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2016
List would be fine if it wasn't in any particular order and just stated the 100 best.

But once HxH didn't even crack top 50 it became a joke.
May 3, 2017 11:37 PM

Jan 2008
Mehh, I checked this list out of sheer boredom, but I really miss some titles which were all well-received and acknowledged by Japs in their respective era: BeruBara, Touch (the lack of this title is especially surprising), Maison Ikkoku, and Ashita no Joe.

KEK'D HARD at SAO's 20th place though.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
May 4, 2017 12:27 AM
Sep 2012
Lordwen said:
sweetsilver said:
lack of satoshi kon works make me sad....

Katsu-kun said:
Not even one Ghibli or Kon movie. Ok.

Perfect Blue is actually in the extended top 400 list, tied in the 392th place alongside with Elfen Lied. xD

I'm glad there are people in japan still apreciate Kon's work. And ghibli too.
May 4, 2017 12:30 AM
Sep 2012
MrBluebear said:
More sadly is NO Magi, Shokugeki no Souma, Nisekoi, Nagi no Asukara, Chuunibyou & Noragami make to top 400 in the list.

sweetsilver said:
I'm curious how many and which studio made on this list. So, i wasted my time to listed anime based on studio.

1-100 List

1-400 (full) List

What the hell many Sunrise's anime make to top 100....

Just one serious question, is this ranking list will affect on the making production of the sequel or the anime franchise in future?? Regarding the voting of this anime popularity in Japan instead follow international anime community need??

i'm afraid not. it's just showing which anime are popular in japan right now. Anime studios had their own plan for future project, such as Madhouse, they are recruiting for new animator for next year project.
May 4, 2017 1:01 AM

Aug 2012
Love Live better than dozens of really good titles including ones with awesome soundtracks?

What the flying f*** is going on
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
May 4, 2017 1:10 AM

Mar 2015
holy crap... the salt... i can't even...

akemikou said:
Sapewloth said:
I think it's Mob being ranked above OPM is due to the fact that Mob aired more recently and fujos really loved it.

OPM is not really that popular in Japan compare to west.

they are sold like 500 K each volume.. mob physical volume is way lower..

oh, and people asking for death note, if you read manga, it should be obvious...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 4, 2017 1:19 AM

Nov 2008
ara-neko said:
Nice to see Osomatsu-san on there. I'm wondering how it ranked that high, though.

Fujoshi. Somehow.

Also Clannad way up but Kanon is nowhere on the list. Why am I not surprised.
May 4, 2017 2:04 AM
Jul 2013
Lmao what a trash list
May 4, 2017 2:08 AM

Jun 2016
Nice to see some of my favorite anime like ''Hibike! Euphonium'', ''Bungou Stray Dogs'', ''Kill la kill'' ''Free!'' and ''Love Live!'', but there are also a lot of anime on the list that I honestly wouldn't call the best....... and it's missing the wonderful masterpiece, Noragami.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
May 4, 2017 2:11 AM

Jun 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Exerses said:
This list is even worse than mal list.

Eeeeeh I wouldn't be so sure. 5 out of 10 series are Gintama

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
May 4, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 2016
Not bad list.Its Time to watch all that 100 Anime. XD
May 4, 2017 2:45 AM
Nov 2016
Detective1412 said:

This board deserve someone like you not the one who complain on how my fucking great anime doesn't get the places it deserve.
May 4, 2017 3:07 AM
Sep 2013
Buo said:
Most popular 100 anime*

And as we all know, popularity=/=quality. This list means next to nothing, so don't call it "Best 100 anime".

Less than 20 anime actually deserve their spot, it's a complete joke.

It is not even popularity contest when you can vote as many times as you want.
May 4, 2017 4:06 AM

Oct 2012
Digimon Adventure beating Pokemon, fuck yes Japan
May 4, 2017 4:19 AM

Aug 2008
akemikou said:
Detective1412 said:

This board deserve someone like you not the one who complain on how my fucking great anime doesn't get the places it deserve.
I pity the guy. If you've seen or know about most series from this list, you can see it's not worth doing. To be honest, it would better work as a list of series to avoid or watch when you're really desperate to find something to waste your time on.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 4, 2017 4:19 AM
Dec 2016
Yeaahie Dennou Coil is on the list, great to see an awesome anime getting some credit

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2017 4:21 AM

May 2014
Ok what the hell
Totally ruined my day
May 4, 2017 4:33 AM
Nov 2016
Antanaru said:
akemikou said:

I pity the guy. If you've seen or know about most series from this list, you can see it's not worth doing. To be honest, it would better work as a list of series to avoid or watch when you're really desperate to find something to waste your time on.

Ok a show like Evangelion, Madoka, Sakura, Hyouka, Steins Gate, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Psycho-Pass, Clannad After Story now be become a show that you should AVOID.

This is a poll for their opinion to vote though not that I agree with the list order or anything from this list but whatever you hate on a show like sao or not you can not deny it popularity. They are just votes and rank the order from highest votes that is all about this poll at least it show how popularity of anime in Japan.
May 4, 2017 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
Very weird af list but it isn't that bad compared to Puerto Rico's ratings when it comes to anime tbh.
Red_Tuesday said:
**6 Tiger & Bunny Movie: The Beginning

This movie knocked both me and one other person out cold in sleep within 40 minutes.

Of course, I don't take anything on this list seriously, but that one is especially funny (and so is the rest of the irrelevant Tiger & Bunny franchise - which is just a glorified Pepsi ad)

EDIT:

*16 Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

ಠ_ಠ

Well you are aware GochiUsa is very damn popular in Japan right? xD
May 4, 2017 5:13 AM

Jul 2014
Symphyon said:
Very weird af list but it isn't that bad compared to Puerto Rico's ratings when it comes to anime tbh.
Red_Tuesday said:

This movie knocked both me and one other person out cold in sleep within 40 minutes.

Of course, I don't take anything on this list seriously, but that one is especially funny (and so is the rest of the irrelevant Tiger & Bunny franchise - which is just a glorified Pepsi ad)

EDIT:

ಠ_ಠ

Harry Potter was very damn popular in Europe and NA, but if any critic or media outlet claimed any of its movies or books were even in the top 200 movies or books ever made, they'd be laughed out of the room and building.

The Japanese seem to lack... Perspective. Quality is not measured by popularity, or we wouldn't see most Christopher Nolan movies in so many top 100 lists constantly.

MAL demonstrates this well with Gintama's high rank, only achieved by its formulaic similarity to American animated comedies for the teen and young male demographic.
May 4, 2017 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Red_Tuesday said:
Symphyon said:

Harry Potter was very damn popular in Europe and NA, but if any critic or media outlet claimed any of its movies or books were even in the top 200 movies or books ever made, they'd be laughed out of the room and building.

The Japanese seem to lack... Perspective. Quality is not measured by popularity, or we wouldn't see most Christopher Nolan movies in so many top 100 lists constantly.

MAL demonstrates this well with Gintama's high rank, only achieved by its formulaic similarity to American animated comedies for the teen and young male demographic.

That I can understand. I mean to say the least I would understand that quality wouldn't be measured by popularity, since a lot of times it wouldn't actually reflect it.

And I mean if SAO was damn popular would that mean that equals a good thing? Well... no. I can understand that very clear on that stance.

I mean my point for the GochiUsa comment was more so towards Japanese appeal I guess. I like the series, don't think it's amazing but I like my moe shows (I've seen you disliking it and I understand that as well why you wouldn't like it. That is fine). I was just more pointing how the show got to that position... not really making the point of quality but yeah I get what you mean. I was just pointing how popular it is over there. That's all.

Maybe I'm convoluting myself a bit so forgive me for this.
May 4, 2017 5:30 AM
Nov 2016
Red_Tuesday said:
Symphyon said:

Red_Tuesday said:
Symphyon said:

Christopher Nolan movies mostly are in top 100 lists from what I seen also being popularity doesn't mean they are not quality also compare slice of life anime to story focused anime and say those anime were is not quality doesn't make sense.
May 4, 2017 5:36 AM
Sep 2013
Symphyon said:
Red_Tuesday said:

EDIT:

ಠ_ಠ

First this ranking is joke because people can vote 3 votes a day for 3 months and on top of that you can vote as many times as you want if you delete cookie.So if it has a several devoted fans that can destroy rankings

Even top 10 are hardly known to Average Japanese nor very well liked by Japanese fans either.

May 4, 2017 5:40 AM
Nov 2016
umashikaneko said:
Symphyon said:

First this ranking is joke because people can vote 3 votes a day for 3 months and on top of that you can vote as many times as you want if you delete cookie.So if it has a several devoted fans that can destroy rankings

Even top 10 are hardly known to Average Japanese nor very well liked by Japanese fans either.

Most of anime in top 10 is quiet well known except maybe Tiger Bunny which was rank number one.
May 4, 2017 5:46 AM
Sep 2013
akemikou said:

Most of anime in top 10 is quiet well known except maybe Tiger Bunny which was rank number one.

I'm talking about average Japanese standard when it comes to hardly knwon.
Ok hardly known is a bit exaggeration but most of them are on per or well below Natsume Yujinchou level in list below.

This is public awareness ratio for 15-79 not exactly anime only though.It literally says character awareness poll of manga anime character edition by Nihon research company.To be fair,anything included in this list means it is at least boderline mainstream.

98-Sazaesan
98-Doraemon
95-Anpanman
95-Chibimaruko Chan
93-Gegege no Kitaro(Hakaba Kitaro)
92-Crayon Shinchan
92-Astro Boy
90-My neighbor Totoro
86-Detective Conan
83-Dragon Ball
83-Kiki's delivery service
82-Kamen Rider
81-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
81-Ultraman
77-Fist of the North Star
73-Mobile suit Gundam
69-Yokai Watch
65-Sailor Moon
61-One Piece
58-Naruto
53-Neon Genesis Evangelion
52-PreCure
52-Shingeki no Kyojin
47-Sentai series
40-Paper Rabbit Rope
36-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
22-Aikatsu
17-YowaPeda
16-Natsume Yujintyou

http://www.nrc.co.jp/report/pdf/160428.pdf
May 4, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2016
Both K-ON! and K-ON!! are on the list <3
May 4, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2008
Three love live in the top 10. Nihonjin people never disappoints me, lol
May 4, 2017 6:16 AM

Jul 2014
akemikou said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Christopher Nolan movies mostly are in top 100 lists from what I seen also being popularity doesn't mean they are not quality also compare slice of life anime to story focused anime and say those anime were is not quality doesn't make sense.

Yeah, that's what I meant, no Christopher Nolan movie is in the top 100 most popular movies of all time, but a few of them are in most critics top 100 best.

Yes he has popular movies AND good movies, but he also has a lot of critically acclaimed not-that-popular movies that still feature in lists such as these.
May 4, 2017 6:27 AM

Nov 2012
Symphyon said:

Where can I find this thing?
May 4, 2017 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
SuperRed said:
Symphyon said:

Where can I find this thing?

Ah well, I don't remember where but I think it was a general Facebook group thing. x.x
May 4, 2017 7:31 AM
Jan 2013
Modern Nippon dog shit taste.

Cute girls shock factor asspulls,political correctness.

Not a single good anime In the top 10 lol.

May 4, 2017 7:34 AM

Aug 2008
akemikou said:
Antanaru said:

Ok a show like Evangelion, Madoka, Sakura, Hyouka, Steins Gate, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Psycho-Pass, Clannad After Story now be become a show that you should AVOID.

This is a poll for their opinion to vote though not that I agree with the list order or anything from this list but whatever you hate on a show like sao or not you can not deny it popularity. They are just votes and rank the order from highest votes that is all about this poll at least it show how popularity of anime in Japan.
Look for a comprehensive reading course. I didn't say all but most. You can filter out good or decent series from this list by looking for recommendations elsewhere but going through this load of bollocks sounds like harsh punishment for loosing a bet. I wouldn't mind if it was a popularity poll, since basic statistic knowledge or just common sense will tell you that majority usually have pretty bad taste, but when you call it "best" expect people to call bullshit.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 4, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah no, I have to disagree. I disagree so hard. Just another popularity poll that means nothing.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

May 4, 2017 7:45 AM

Jul 2016
Lol how the hell both original DB and Z are just ranking at no. 176 and no. 255 only??? Through it is surprised me that both Nanoha season 1 and A's are in the ranking list (No. 200 and No. 274), while it is surprised that Nanoha StrikerS, DBGT, Digimon 02, Digimon Tamers, Digimon Frontier, Jingoku Sensei Nube series, Great Teacher Onizuka, Doraemon, Crayon Shin-Chan and Index season 2 wasn't in the ranking list lol. Still nice to see Digimon 01, Inuyasha, Bleach, Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monster and Saiyuki was in the list.
May 4, 2017 7:50 AM
Nov 2016
Antanaru said:
akemikou said:

Look for a comprehensive reading course. I didn't say all but most. You can filter out good or decent series from this list by looking for recommendations elsewhere but going through this load of bollocks sounds like harsh punishment for loosing a bet. I wouldn't mind if it was a popularity poll, since basic statistic knowledge or just common sense will tell you that majority usually have pretty bad taste, but when you call it "best" expect people to call bullshit.

The purpose of this kind of poll is popularity poll from the start that why they let people vote for their favourite show also if it was no particular order your common sense can tell that most of anime is this are quiet good not all of them were great though.
May 4, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
Nice to see Madoka and Eva on the list.
May 4, 2017 8:12 AM

May 2016
I would've been okay with this if they weren't arranged in order. Some of them don't even deserve to be in this list like Shounen Hollywood and Bungou Stray Dogs.
May 4, 2017 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
MattKitsune96 said:
I'm also surprised that Naruto, Bleach and Dragonball weren't in there with just how popular they are.

Funny that all those three was listed in top 400 and Naruto being the lowest ranking in those three anime. (*144 Bleach, *218 Naruto Shipputen, *288 Naruto, *176 Dragon Ball Z, *255 Dragon Ball)

MattKitsune96 said:
Also did they mean HxH 2011 or 1999, the link takes me to the 1999 one but I never hear about that one.

That's 1999 version in the top 100 list, 2011 version was at *381.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ranma ½' Gets New Anime Adaptation ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by VivaceRex »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' Reveals Additional Staff, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

3 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago

» 'Unnamed Memory' Gets Second Season in Winter 2025

Nioxys - Yesterday

13 by NewestPersonHere »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Jun 24

32 by Fabris »»
6 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra' Gets TV Anime

Nioxys - Jun 23

7 by Fabris »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.