Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I was really impressed with this episode. Might be my favorite one yet. We got Midousuji vs Naruko as both really steps it up to their game. The back and forth trash talk and the intensity of the race just made it even more exciting.

Great episode. Got everything I had expected. Naruko should be proud of himself too.
Feb 13, 2017 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
Great eps loved the back and forth, but god when I thought Midosouji couldn't not get any grosser he comes out of his shell and makes me want to puke.
Feb 13, 2017 11:50 AM
Apr 2016
I was hoping they would just forget Midousuji, but the over the top shitty anagonist is back again. yowamushi no pedal is one of my favorites, but he's one of the worst characters I've ever come across in anime
Feb 13, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
Well aside from "Gross" Midousuji have every time he pedal, that is no doubt one awesome race. Too bad he's "evolving" when it's not an official race.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 13, 2017 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
The OST after the race was great
Feb 13, 2017 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
Naruko my son don't be sad D;<

AHGHDHSJAOAHAVSJWKAOGSVWJWWK HAKOGAKUUUUUUUUUUU
I sobbed when I saw Toudou again :') next week my favorite part out everything that hasn't been covered will be animated, can't wait.

The bit after the ED was hilarious
Feb 13, 2017 1:11 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode.

Naruko vs Midousuji was intense and really cool. OST was so awesome.
Midousuji's evolved form was nice, but that was quite the gross evolution. xD

Damn, Naruko lost. Well I can't say I expected him to win but I did want him to win. :(
Pretty emotional moment with Naruko crying post the race., you'll make a great all rounder Naruko :((

Post ED scene was hilarious. XDD
Feb 13, 2017 1:43 PM

Aug 2014
Everything was great about this episode - Naruko, Midousuji, the post ED scene, the OST, GOD WHY DO WE ONLY GET ONE EPISODE PER WEEK

"My nose is bleeding 'cause of how fast I'm racing" yeah right fgt, who could ever resist Midousuji's sex appeal?! That's gotta be the real reason.
Feb 13, 2017 2:24 PM

Feb 2013
Midousuji was amazing!
His new form is really creepy, his "transformation" scene was epic though, gross but epic.
Feb 13, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2015
All rounder Naruko is gonna be depressing to watch. That ending Mido looked and sounded normal when he was like "huh?"
Feb 13, 2017 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
Kinda sad when you think about it. If he was going to lose, it would have been a lot better on his ego to have lost to a sprinter.

He lost to someone who doesn't even specialize in sprinting
Feb 13, 2017 3:31 PM
Mar 2016
All rounder Naruko will be more awesome than Imaizumi
trust me LOL
Midousuji is really tricky, you now naruko have been 2 sprinting race before
and Midousuji still fresh. and midousuji ask for long ride sprinting race
that normally naruko will exhaust before finish

Hinata said:
All rounder Naruko is gonna be depressing to watch. That ending Mido looked and sounded normal when he was like "huh?"

All rounder Naruko will be awesome, well i just look raw manga before lol :D
Feb 13, 2017 3:44 PM

Aug 2015
Well... that was some Kafkaesque shit.
Feb 13, 2017 5:24 PM
Oct 2015
That transformation scene was amazing, can't wait to see more of Midousuji.
Also that after credits scene omg pure gold
Feb 13, 2017 6:55 PM
May 2013
After boring first 5 episodes this was actually pretty funny episode, especially the transformation scene.
Feb 13, 2017 7:02 PM

May 2009
Poor Naruko, those last moments were so intense and still lost at the end!
Midosuji's representation of evolution= So gross!!(Also, did he do that to his hair, or did it actually happen during the race LOL)
The extra at the end was so wrong! Midosuji's reaction was "normal" (But seriously I don't want to see this guy molt ever AGAIN!!)!
Feb 13, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2016
Naruko got rekt! But that's what happens when you give yourself ultimatums instead of not caring what other people think, and then doing what you want/love.
Feb 14, 2017 12:33 AM

Jan 2013
woooooooooowowowowow fantastic episode.
Impressive animation, budget increased!
Midousuji's new form is so strange
Feb 14, 2017 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
Midousuji is fucking creepy but you can't deny how awesome he is
Feb 14, 2017 2:54 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode,intense and epic.

The animation and ost were top tier too,i'm glad there's still psychological evolution after the inter high,i would have thought they would not have been much stronger than that but damn i was wrong,now i can't wait to see Naruko new form.
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 14, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
I was waiting for THAT scene to get animated.....oh my god....Yowapeda,where is your horror tag?

Ishigaki is too good for this world
Feb 14, 2017 9:00 AM

May 2015
Hamudanu said:
All rounder Naruko will be more awesome than Imaizumi
trust me LOL
Midousuji is really tricky, you now naruko have been 2 sprinting race before
and Midousuji still fresh. and midousuji ask for long ride sprinting race
that normally naruko will exhaust before finish

Hinata said:

All rounder Naruko will be awesome, well i just look raw manga before lol :D

Cool! I can't wait to see him getting better! :D
Where do you read raw manga? I can't find proper sites to read from, thanks in advance!
Feb 14, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2016
This was such a great episode. Probably, One of my favorite races of the series as well.

Honestly, I'm glad Midousuji won because I love seeing the drastic measures he'll take to win. I'm sure they'll get even better when he rides against Sohoku in the Inter High.
Feb 14, 2017 11:32 AM
Dec 2010
Ahh, after just one episode focused on him I remember why I always wanted Midousuji to end a race with his head impaled on a piece of broken guardrail or being pushed off a 1,000-ft cliff.

At least Naruko shouldn't be too depressed, considering he didn't actually lose to another human, rather...

... whatever the hell type of species Midousuji would be classified as.
Feb 14, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2010
This ep holy shit...

That was so friggin intense O_o

Midosuji u creepy BASTARD. His form is nightmare fuel...
Him wearing Sohoku's jersey is nightmare fuel too lmao

Poor Naruko :(

One of the best Yowapeda eps ever imo. So intense
Feb 14, 2017 9:43 PM

Aug 2014
Man Midousuji always makes this show much more entertaining. Welcome back.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 15, 2017 12:50 AM

Feb 2008
And Midousuji just reminded me why he's my favorite character in this show.
Feb 16, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2010
Midousuji has evolved into his new form: Mosquitosuji.

This was a good ep. I'm glad they didn't drag this race out over 2 eps or leave the winner undecided in a cliffhanger or something. Plus any ep with the best character is always a good one.
Feb 16, 2017 7:48 AM

Dec 2013
shroed said:
I was hoping they would just forget Midousuji, but the over the top shitty anagonist is back again. yowamushi no pedal is one of my favorites, but he's one of the worst characters I've ever come across in anime
agreed. Absolutely hate him xD
Feb 21, 2017 10:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
great episode, and great large sprint, when Miousuji win... but if you are inteligent, the bet, before to start this sprint, you can imagen who will win!!!!

Noruko will transformed in all terrain and will abandon his dream?!
Feb 22, 2017 4:31 PM
Mar 2012
Midousuji's evolution was amazingly kimo!
very intense race even tho last ep was obvious Naruko'd lose.
great osts
kimo omake lol
Feb 23, 2017 10:10 PM

Oct 2008
I personally nolike the outcome that Naruko lost against Midousuji but the future consequence for that is for the better because I agree with Imaizumi that if Naruto would be an all rounder he's gonna be a better part of Sohoku.
Midousuji would eat later his words because he said something after the race that Sohoku lost a member...well that's invalid and I would actually thank actually give thanks Midousuji because it would only let Naruko be much stronger in the future races.
All-rounder is basically the highest asset that you could get in team races!
5/5.

Mar 2, 2017 12:08 AM

May 2013
That was disgusting. I can't believe the freak won.
He got way too much screentime too.
If Naruko really stops being a sprinter because of this, I'll be extremely disappointed.
Mar 2, 2017 12:09 AM

May 2013
DespoAMV said:
shroed said:
agreed. Absolutely hate him xD

He's the worst. I can't think of any anime character that I hate worse than him.
My MAL score for the anime went down because of him.
May 2, 2017 10:55 PM

Jan 2015
That omake in the end Ha-hahaa. "Was that you?" LOL
Felt bad for Naruko:( but like that guy said: "Frustration makes you stronger" so he can come back even stronger or succumb to the defeat.
Midosouji can't get any creepier than this right? with that dragonfly stance. lol
Aug 14, 2017 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
...did he just grow a white mohawk out of nowhere?
"When it comes to losing, I'm the strongest."
Sep 13, 2017 10:39 PM

Mar 2015
That's what I like most about Midousuji, he's so strange and yet so formidable, beating others only to give them the chance to change and grow stronger.

Looks like we get to see Naruko evolve down the line, too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 13, 2018 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
I really hate Midousuji and I think his character is such an ass pull? Ffs, he's not even a sprinter, how did he beat Naruko except for "bullshit op plot armor"?

I also hated how the mangaka forced Naruko to become an all rounder like this, it would've been a lot better if he had won but thought that he will give climbing/all rounding a try for the team or because it looks cool as well, anything, as long as it wasn't horribly forced like this. To have Naruko stop "being a sprinter" after this just leaves an incredibly bad taste imo.
May 20, 2019 11:52 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was really good. It was easily expected since Imaizumi was trying to get Naruko to become an all-rounder anyways- Naruko was willing to bet his Sprinting and Midousuji-kun would not be ditched like this as he is pretty integral to the overall story. I love emotional Naruko, gets my blood boiling in a good way and he's already ready to step-up! Love these two guys, plus Ishigaki appearance is awesome!
ファラオ
Jul 16, 2019 6:30 PM

May 2019
Without forever whining Onoda this anime is much more interesting.
Once again, I was convinced that it would be better if Naruko was the protagonist.
Jul 27, 2021 4:28 PM

Jul 2015
Midousuji's metamorphosis was quite nasty to look at, 'Gross-uji' really lives up to his nickname
After Naruko threw away his saddle I really thought he would win or at least draw ...but I guess we got a new all-rounder on the team and it ain't Midousuji wearing Sohoku jersey.

Dec 10, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2019
FUCK.

I knew it was going to happen, but they were surprisingly so on pair through the race that I committed the mistake of hoping for Naruko to win.

All rounder Naruko will be so fucking depressing. He already had less focus than Onoda and Imaizumi, and now he'll abandon his strong sprinting (which differentiate him from those two) to instead use a style that characterizes Imaizumi? Not only that but Sohoku also lost their best sprinter. This sucks.

I hope he at least becomes a better racer than Imaizumi, it's the only good thing that could come from this results.
Feb 3, 2023 6:54 AM
Dec 2022
It was extreme, I kinda knew it since the beginning, who was going to win, however I didn't want that boy in Takeo's group, but I didn't want Takeo to stop being a sprinter. Anuwy I hope this help Takeo to be better in the future and in next races, and maybe becoming a sprinter again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.