Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, that brief embrace scene hit me in the feels. "You did your best".
Pretty tense race this episode especially for Sugimoto. He almost had it...

Nice to also see Onada and Issa on the road together. I really like their little character chemistry together this episode. If only the episode had more hime hime songs

Stark700Mar 20, 2017 11:23 AM
Mar 20, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2017
Arakitaaaaaa T_T
Mar 20, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

The final sprint was intense as hell, I'm glad Kaburagi won though. I wanted him to win over Sugimoto. Anyhow, Sugimoto deserves respect for trying his very best, he really shone during this race. Good Work Sugimoto. :)

Arkaita complaining about college was hilarious. XD
Arakita and Kinjou should make a really interesting duo, I really wanna see a college race with the previous 3rd years. XD

Poor Kaburagi being embarrassed by Onoda. xD Loved the part when he finally got a taste of Onoda's climbing power.

That post credit scene was epic, Arakita with Kinjou's glasses too swag. XD
Mar 20, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Sugimoto finished second, he was great.
Issa is the sixth member of the team.
I'm more excited about the university teams now, Kinjou and Arakita on the same team, madness!
Mar 20, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
I wanted Sugimoto to win so bad.
His disappointment upon facing defeat was handled very well.

KINJOU AND ARAKITA TOGETHER, WHAT A DREAM TEAM
Mar 20, 2017 1:06 PM
Nov 2009
A course twice as long as last season's inter-high? So that's why Imaizumi told Naruko to stop being a sprinter and focus more on being an all rounder.
Mar 20, 2017 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
I CRIED ALL OVER THIS EPISODE!
As I don't have patience for who's beginning, I didn't like this new member at all. lol
Sure I would preffer a experienced rider as the only one, Sugimoto.
Poor Sugimoto ;(

Ps. I guess Kinjou don't like Bepsi. Good luck with your new diet Arakita
NatyTenshiMar 20, 2017 1:18 PM
Mar 20, 2017 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
Sugimoto did his best <3

ARAKITA-SAN IN UNI. IM CRYING, I MISSED THE THIRD YEARS SO MUCH
Mar 20, 2017 7:01 PM

May 2009
How I felt during Sugimoto's realization that he didn't win:

Kaburagi better not underestimate his senpai! Onoda's got Hime Power on his side!

LOL Arakita lookin' good with Kinjou's sunglasses XD ( Also was not expecting them to form a team together! That is going to be awesome!)
Mar 20, 2017 7:56 PM

Sep 2015
Dam feel bad for Sugimoto and jut knew he would cry when no one was looking ;-;
Please make an University Yowamushi Pedal! Would be awesome to see Kinjou and Arakita on the same team!
Mar 20, 2017 8:02 PM
Jan 2017
Awesome episode! Really felt for Sugimoto at the end - for the first time he was really going for a victory and it showed. This will be a big step for him, if he keeps growing stronger he will be racing for the team in competition and winning very soon. Great backup if someone gets hurt too.

Awww, yeah, Kinjou and Arakita going to BRING IT for Yonan!

YogaCycleQCMar 20, 2017 8:28 PM
Mar 20, 2017 8:40 PM

Aug 2014
What the fuck they made me root for Sugimoto. This is wrong.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 20, 2017 8:53 PM

Aug 2012
Major respect for Sugimoto. Poor guy, at least there's always next year...right? Almost feels like he's being written off the show lol. Not a huge fan of Kaburagi, I'd prefer Danchiku if it had to be one of them.

Glad to see more Arakita, easily the best Hakone character. Him assisting Kinjou is a scary thought, given Kinjou can stay healthy. Spinoff series when? Or is that possibly setting up for a sequel manga?
Mar 20, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2015
No need to wait for Inter High to see a tense fight. That's for sure.
But now, it seems that Sugimoto is already have an "admirer".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 20, 2017 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was great, it had a bit of everything. So nice to see people impressed by Onoda. And I hope there's more to be seen of the University racing competitions. That has serious potential to be interesting. Seeing if there is any increase in talent and ability.
Mar 20, 2017 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
I can't believe Kinjou and Arakita are in the same college, let alone team. Truly amazing.
Mar 21, 2017 1:49 AM

Dec 2011
This is the best episode this season for me. Sugimoto end up second but he did all his best and I am proud of him..
Onoda isn't a senior type guy but when it is about cycling that something else.
Mar 21, 2017 4:20 AM

Jul 2016
The faces in this episode. *claps*

Also, Yonan!!!!! These guys grow so fast ç_ç

"Trouble!", eh? Sounds good B-)
Mar 21, 2017 5:05 AM
Jan 2017
Hinata said:

Please make an University Yowamushi Pedal! Would be awesome to see Kinjou and Arakita on the same team!
AlexTheRiot said:

Glad to see more Arakita, easily the best Hakone character. Him assisting Kinjou is a scary thought, given Kinjou can stay healthy. Spinoff series when? Or is that possibly setting up for a sequel manga?

I am really hoping for an OVA featuring a college level race with Yonan and Meisou (the college Fukutomi and Shinkai are at) - would be interesting to see how these high school champions deal with being first years again and have senpais to cater to and more advanced cyclists to train with.
Mar 21, 2017 6:32 AM

Dec 2016
Awesome episode.

I feel bad for Sugimoto.

I hope that he will be in the team next year.
Mar 21, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2012
I have a feeling that sugimoto will be in the team next year with his brother , because those two were awesome all syncro and such , now I want a little bro for some reason :D .
Mar 23, 2017 10:59 AM
Oct 2007
That 2 new first year characters are no doubt rather interesting. Sugimoto getting second after giving his all hit right in my heart..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
For Every and each episode of Yowamushi it always fun, enjoying and hype!
For me the highlights of the episode was when we found-out that Arakita is in the same college with Kinjou!
You've done well Sugimoto but Sohoku needs high calibre inter-high racers!
5/5.

Mar 25, 2017 3:25 AM

Nov 2009
I didn't like Issa winning. He's like a carbon copy of Naruko, both in appearance and character, only worse, so I honestly see no point in having 2 identical characters on the main lineup. If anything, I would've probably preferred even that dead-eyed friend of Issa's than Issa as the 6th member.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 27, 2017 4:13 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
Seeing Arakita and his big, dumb smirk was the best thing to cheer me up after Terufumi lost. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Kaburagi, especially not now after all of that amazing characterization that Terufumi just went through. Sob.
Apr 2, 2017 9:47 AM
Sep 2009
Not a fan of Sugimoto but I'm gutted that he didn't win.

He is annoying but he is also kind hearted, supportive and works hard when required. I'm sure if he keeps working hard, he'll leave the new duo in the dust who are already top riders.

Hoping Sugimoto makes it in his last year.
Apr 9, 2017 8:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great ends race, with 200 metres in a up spring!!!
My favorite was Sugimoto, but finally ends second!!!
Now, the 6 players with the titular maillot will go to the InterHigh, althoug i think that 6 riders don´t arrive!!! Make a bet? xD
Apr 13, 2017 6:25 AM

Jun 2011
OMG Arakita with shades slay XD
Didn't expect to see him with Kinjou in the same college XD
Jun 13, 2017 7:01 AM

Jan 2015
Imaizumi knows that Sugimoto can only fight with their wills even though they are less skillful. And i like how he proceeded to say that those 2 never experienced someone riding on having someone to support you.
The race was hype overall even Imaizumi stood up in the car :D
Man poor Sugimoto thought he won and he was really hoping for it. I felt bad for him. And Imaizumi embracing him just proves that he is the best bro so far in those last 3 episodes.
Sugimoto's brother crying T_T and that realization by Sugimoto after seeing evryone's faces and then turning around to his opponent happy. And Sugimoto crying in the end really made me sad :( didnt expect him to cry out of all people.

Was cool to see Issa in a new jersey glad that he wasnt stubborn and crying that his friend wasnt taken but he agreed to ride on his own. Now if it was Onoda.... then you know how that would turn out. Wow and i really loved when he started respecting Sugimoto after that race, that was great. "Push Imaizumi's back" And Issa starting to realize the importance of the Jersey and the weight that's on him right now.

Onoda trying to be a senpai but he cant be as confident as Kinjou so he couldnt even call Issa out :( that's cool how Onoda has fans tho.

But undoubtedly the absolute best part was Arakita in the college and going straight to bike club. IN THE SAME TEAM AS KINJOU. MY FANBOY'S BLOOD IS BOILING LIKE CRAZY. This is for sure the best scene in whole season lol. I cant believe they are gonna fight together now and vs Shinkai Fuku combo. That's gonna be so amazing i cnat wait. BEst thing that i've seen in such a long time. That's just the best.

So new inter high is gonna be on that slope? even Arakita is scared of it. Wow. I can guess how hard it's gonna be. Arakita also seems to respect Teshima by saying he is really smart and will come with some plan.
Issa was a bit mean to Onoda to be honest. And then went and passed him. Jesus just stay behind him and learn from the winner of Inter high. Who cares what others say when you know this man won his first ever inter high being a first year.
Glad he realized it later.
Sep 14, 2017 6:44 PM

Mar 2015
Aw shit other than getting closer to the Inter-High I thought it was awesome to see the third-years reunite on different teams for university. Kinjou & Arakita would make a good team core!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 22, 2019 2:56 PM

Feb 2019
This episode was really great. The ending of the race and Kinjou + Arakita ace/assistance duo combo was unexpected but that's awesome!! Onoda flexing this episode, too.
ファラオ
Jul 28, 2021 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
Sad to see Teru take second place especially when he thought he won. Still impressive how, besides Sadatoki pulling for a bit, he managed to hold his own against two experienced cyclists.
On the other side its good to see Kinjou doing well in university with 'best buds' Arakita.

Aug 20, 2021 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
how this episode felt....
Oct 17, 2022 3:18 PM
Sep 2010
Never even thought of this series continuing beyond the three inter highs but the idea of the whole switching team mates cause they're all at different colleges sounds awesome, really wanna see that even if i have to switch to the manga to get it.

better luck next year sugimoto!
Feb 4, 2023 8:06 PM
Dec 2022
That was so sad at the end of the race... but well, I loved the spirit of Sugimoto. Also I love how Kinjou and Arakita turned out to be going to the same university, I love that! So many interesting things are happening rn, so... I'm excited of what is going to happen next.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.