Forum Settings
Forums

Why is it okay to be proud of your race as long as you aren't white?

New
Aug 9, 2016 10:20 PM

Aug 2015
Why are whites not allowed to form "white only groups" only to be labeled
neo nazis, skinheads and white supremacist's ?

Why are blacks, asians, hispanics, allowed to have "pride" marches, form latino / black pride groups etc

If whites were to march down the street screaming "white power" as the blacks do currently, or screaming "white pride" it would turn into a national controversy and everyone would be labeled racist
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 9, 2016 10:23 PM

Jan 2015
You see, people are still really racist. It's just now become an incredibly nebulous and inane buzzword. Racism still exists, it's just that its ugly head has managed to twist around and firmly plant itself up its own arse.
Aug 9, 2016 10:43 PM

Aug 2015
I am quietly happily humble to be English.

Here is a website in praise of my folc:

http://englandandenglishhistory.com/home.html

Note the beautiful Dragon!!!!!
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Aug 9, 2016 10:50 PM

Mar 2008
There isn't a good reason for it. It's like they aren't even aware of supremacists and racists of other races.
Aug 9, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
It's a terrible, despicable notion that the only way minorities can finally gain equality is by taking their turn to monopolize the spotlight. It's like if Angelica from The Rugrats was hogging up the toy truck all day. The next day, when Chuckie wants a turn with the toy truck, Susie demands that she should be able to play with it first because Angelica already had a turn. It really is as stupid as a squabble among toddlers, it's disgusting and no one should humor it. Unfortunately the left does because as long as you have the victim card you have virtue.
Aug 9, 2016 10:55 PM
Aug 2016
I am pretty much sure its only black doing that shit, I dont remember asians doing something like that...
Aug 9, 2016 11:06 PM
Jun 2015
why is it not okay? it's due to a little thing called privilege, white people have the most privilege out of any race. you're probably thinking what is privilege, well everyone has some sort of privilege example: I have privilege over women because I'm a man. if me and woman both look for and get the same job I'm probably gonna get paid more just because I'm a man. other races protest these privileges white people have because a lot of them aren't fair and they only get them because of their skin color. When white people say white power there really saying "we have the power you don't" when other races say there saying "we want the same privileges and rights as everyone else".
Aug 9, 2016 11:16 PM

Jan 2014
fate_fighter said:
why is it not okay? it's due to a little thing called privilege, white people have the most privilege out of any race. you're probably thinking what is privilege, well everyone has some sort of privilege example: I have privilege over women because I'm a man. if me and woman both look for and get the same job I'm probably gonna get paid more just because I'm a man. other races protest these privileges white people have because a lot of them aren't fair and they only get them because of their skin color. When white people say white power there really saying "we have the power you don't" when other races say there saying "we want the same privileges and rights as everyone else".
I, a white male working in a dead end job and just barely above the poverty line, have less privilege than a black female making $2,000,000 a year and living in luxury. Even then, I wouldn't consider her necessarily more privileged unless that money wasn't earned. The only class system that exists is with money.

Name 1 legal right/freedom/privilege a white person in the west has that a black person does not.
Name 1 legal right/freedom/privilege a man in the west has that a woman does not.
Quick Question: Do you think black people can be racist against white people and that woman can be sexist against men?

PS. The gender wage gap is a myth that has been debunked for nearly a decade if not longer.
ThrashMattoAug 9, 2016 11:25 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Aug 9, 2016 11:20 PM

Nov 2014
nightwave91 said:
Why are whites not allowed to form "white only groups" only to be labeled neo nazis, skinheads and white supremacist's? Why are blacks, asians, hispanics, allowed to have "pride" marches, form latino / black pride groups etc

You should go find a progressive and ask them. Personally, I wouldn't give a shit. But I also think that any form of racial pride is misguided and archaic. I take more pride in what I do as an individual, rather than what people who look like me have done.

If whites were to march down the street screaming "white power" as the blacks do currently (...)

What? All black people do this? The world is bigger than the narratives you see online. Just sayin'.
aikaflipAug 9, 2016 11:29 PM
Aug 9, 2016 11:21 PM

May 2015
Because it's not politically correct to be proud of being white!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 9, 2016 11:51 PM
Jun 2015
ThrashMatto said:
fate_fighter said:
I, a white male working in a dead end job and just barely above the poverty line, have less privilege than a black female making $2,000,000 a year and living in luxury. Even then, I wouldn't consider her necessarily more privileged unless that money wasn't earned. The only class system that exists is with money.

Name 1 legal right/freedom/privilege a white person in the west has that a black person does not.
Name 1 legal right/freedom/privilege a man in the west has that a woman does not.
Quick Question: Do you think black people can be racist against white people and that woman can be sexist against men?

PS. The gender wage gap is a myth that has been debunked for nearly a decade if not longer.

Easy:

"Women are almost half of the workforce. They are the equal, if not main, breadwinner in four out of ten families. They receive more college and graduate degrees than men. Yet, on average, women continue to earn considerably less than men. In 2015, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 21 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio.(http://www.iwpr.org/initiatives/pay-equity-and-discrimination)".
"African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped.
After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.(https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-racial-discrimination)"
Aug 10, 2016 12:06 AM

May 2010
My skin is brown but I don't Identify nor do I dismiss being with any race.... I'm simply just "me" Everything else is just a label.

I love being brown-skin because I was born with brown skin. If I was born with white skin, Id love the fact that i'm white-skinned.

I love the color of my skin because I love myself...not because of only the color itself.

And ill never judge another by their color. I choose how I interact based upon who YOU are...beyond only physicality.

If at this very moment, everyone thought this way, Racism would cease to exist
YouniverSoulAug 10, 2016 12:10 AM
Aug 10, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
You're allowed to be proud of your heritage as long as you're a minority, even if that minority happens to be white. Jewish people are white and they're allowed be proud of that, East Asians are white (not Caucasian white, but basically the same skin colour) and they're allowed to be proud, Middle Easterns can be of quite light skin tone and they're allowed to be proud (while, they'll feel proud regardless of what we tell them, but we'll allow it as long as they don't cause us any suffering), and so are any other light skin toned people. As long as you aren't pure Western European you can feel proud of your race.

@YouniverSoul "The less you give a shit the happier you'll be". Skin color doesn't really matter. Historically it has always separated people, but it shouldn't. We should learn to accept each other's differences as long as they're not hurting us or others. There is no actual problem with any skin color, hence the reason why evolution has shown these are the most suitable skin colors for the areas they are common in. No one has purple skin color because that would be easy for predators to seek out.
zombie_pegasusAug 10, 2016 12:15 AM
Aug 10, 2016 12:16 AM

Jun 2015
Eh, are you sure? Last I know only blacks and whites argue about this shit.

Thank God this kind of shit never reached Asia, apart from media spillage.
Aug 10, 2016 12:25 AM

Mar 2016
nightwave91 said:

Why are blacks, asians, hispanics, allowed to have "pride" marches, form latino / black pride groups etc

If whites were to march down the street screaming "white power" as the blacks do currently, or screaming "white pride" it would turn into a national controversy and everyone would be labeled racist

The stigma against white people is noticeably disturbing. I dont know why, but white folks have allowed themselves to be shamed by every other race and consequently they've taken to shaming themselves. Sure, the history behind Europe's rise to power is gruesome, but they're not the only race to murder and take advantage of other people so I don't know why everyone's acting like it.
As a black person, I can say that the black community thinks it's owed something just because our ancestors were put through tremendous strife but we've already been given so much. We have the same opportunities as everyone else (in america at least) to succeed. A lot of black people are under privileged sadly but those people still think they need handouts from white people to succeed. News flash, they don't. If black people really want to be serious, they need to stop blaming other people and get up and make a real name for themselves. That's what my dad did. He grew up without parents on the streets of Detroit barely surviving with his brothers, sisters, and grandma. But he didn't sit and mope around and cry in the streets yelling for handouts. He went to law school and made a name for himself. He didn't b*tch and moan about white people on his way either.

It's not white people's fault anymore. It's irrational to continue blaming them as we have just as much opportunity as they do to perform well. In some instances, we have even more benefits since we're considered minorities. I don't think white people should be thrown under any kind of bus. Racism against white people does exist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2016 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
I swear you couldn't debate race relations intelligently 4 years ago. Why are people so open with this topic now? Got sick of politically correct bullshit?
Signature is too edgy for me.
Aug 10, 2016 12:38 AM

Sep 2015
you can be proud if you like. who cares if people call you a nazi?

YouniverSoul said:
My skin is brown but I don't Identify nor do I dismiss being with any race.... I'm simply just "me" Everything else is just a label.

I love being brown-skin because I was born with brown skin. If I was born with white skin, Id love the fact that i'm white-skinned.

I love the color of my skin because I love myself...not because of only the color itself.

And ill never judge another by their color. I choose how I interact based upon who YOU are...beyond only physicality.

fun fact: there are clear differences in skull shapes (/bones) and nearly everyone could identify blacks and aboriginals instantly. though i can understand that from your position equality is desirable :^)

Aug 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2012
OP, there ain't no Asians doing stupid shit like that. Even brown people don't. It's only white vs black like it always has been.
Aug 10, 2016 12:48 AM

Jun 2016
Because people always need a scapegoat and hey, why not make it a humongous group of people so the minorities can feed their complexes?

First annual Jew Pride festival goooooooooooooo!

Also lol at the privilege stuff still going, in my country you get extra scores when applying for uni if you're part of a non-white ethnicity.
Erg_OrgyAug 10, 2016 1:25 AM
Aug 10, 2016 12:49 AM
Apr 2013
Yeah OP, only blacks and whites do this shit. Asians, for being rascist and capitalistic in nature, have bigger fish to fry.
Aug 10, 2016 1:19 AM
Feb 2014
fate_fighter said:

I'm sure colleges/universities are teaching lots of stuff that demonizes white males just for being white males and I wonder if you think that's OK because muh reparations muh Black Lives Matter muh Pigs in a Blanket etc. I'm not even white but I find this unsettling because people don't need to atone to shit they're not responsible for. It's only segregating us all, and that's what people like you want deep down even if you wholeheartedly deny this all. You're supposed to go to college to learn, not fixate yourself on identity politics which don't get you a real job going forwards. Call me a Twinkie all you want too, lol. I'm sure you finding a PoC talking against this completely surprising, lmao

OT: If you want to be proud of being white I don't mind it, but for the most part it's WE WUZ KANGZ tier (especially the fucking Nordicist autists on /pol/) regardless of race including my own 2bh.
AqutanAug 10, 2016 1:25 AM
Aug 10, 2016 1:24 AM

Jan 2014
That's because white people aren't the minority in the United States, therefore don't experience as much racism as blacks/asians/hispanics.

If it were somewhere else, lets say South Africa, where the roles are pretty much reversed, meaning that white people are the ones that experience racism, then it'll be totally fine to have white pride.

Honestly, people really gotta stop assuming the United States is the whole world.
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
Aug 10, 2016 1:25 AM

Sep 2009
No person should really be proud of their race; that's something you were born with, not something you can earn, change, or contribute to. Culture or nationality on the other hand, are things you should take pride in.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 10, 2016 1:33 AM
Jun 2015
_Poochyena_ said:
nightwave91 said:

The stigma against white people is noticeably disturbing. I dont know why, but white folks have allowed themselves to be shamed by every other race and consequently they've taken to shaming themselves. Sure, the history behind Europe's rise to power is gruesome, but they're not the only race to murder and take advantage of other people so I don't know why everyone's acting like it.
As a black person, I can say that the black community thinks it's owed something just because our ancestors were put through tremendous strife but we've already been given so much. We have the same opportunities as everyone else (in america at least) to succeed. A lot of black people are under privileged sadly but those people still think they need handouts from white people to succeed. News flash, they don't. If black people really want to be serious, they need to stop blaming other people and get up and make a real name for themselves. That's what my dad did. He grew up without parents on the streets of Detroit barely surviving with his brothers, sisters, and grandma. But he didn't sit and mope around and cry in the streets yelling for handouts. He went to law school and made a name for himself. He didn't b*tch and moan about white people on his way either.

It's not white people's fault anymore. It's irrational to continue blaming them as we have just as much opportunity as they do to perform well. In some instances, we have even more benefits since we're considered minorities. I don't think white people should be thrown under any kind of bus. Racism against white people does exist.

Ah the uninformed

when you say handouts i can assume you're talking about welfare and I'm either talking to a republican or a child. let's start with your dad did you ever think once where your dad would be if he wasn't a lawyer probably selling dope in the streets of Detroit. nobodies getting a handout from white people,Unarmed black people were killed at 5x the rate of unarmed whites in 2015.Among racial and ethnic groups, African Americans had the highest poverty rate, 27.4 percent, followed by Hispanics at 26.6 percent and whites at 9.9 percent. 45.8 percent of young black children (under age 6) live in poverty, compared to 14.5 percent of white children. white families make up 96% of the 1%. there were 31,027 (34.7%) cases of discrimination based on race and those were the ones reported. I'm not even mentioning the education gap between white students and black students in almost every state whites do better in the learning gap the reason isnt because white people are just generally smarter. make no mistake black people aren't asking for handouts were asking to be treated fairly
Aug 10, 2016 1:37 AM
Feb 2014
fate_fighter said:
_Poochyena_ said:

Ah the uninformed

when you say handouts i can assume you're talking about welfare and I'm either talking to a republican or a child. let's start with your dad did you ever think once where your dad would be if he wasn't a lawyer probably selling dope in the streets of Detroit. nobodies getting a handout from white people,Unarmed black people were killed at 5x the rate of unarmed whites in 2015.Among racial and ethnic groups, African Americans had the highest poverty rate, 27.4 percent, followed by Hispanics at 26.6 percent and whites at 9.9 percent. 45.8 percent of young black children (under age 6) live in poverty, compared to 14.5 percent of white children. white families make up 96% of the 1%. there were 31,027 (34.7%) cases of discrimination based on race and those were the ones reported. I'm not even mentioning the education gap between white students and black students in almost every state whites do better in the learning gap the reason isnt because white people are just generally smarter. make no mistake black people aren't asking for handouts were asking to be treated fairly

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/chicago-75-murdered-are-black-71-murderers-are-black

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/richard-sherman-if-black-lives-matter-they-should-matter-all-the-time
Aug 10, 2016 1:44 AM

May 2012
What you talking bout op? Theres tons of 'whites only' restoraunt signs somewhere in mississipi if you know where to look.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Aug 10, 2016 2:13 AM

Mar 2016
Because if you are proud of your nation, your race, your blood, you wouldn't allow the trashes to suck your blood, you will not mix with them, and you will liberate your country. The rulers worst nightmare.
Aug 10, 2016 3:13 AM
Jun 2015
Nico- said:
fate_fighter said:

I'm sure colleges/universities are teaching lots of stuff that demonizes white males just for being white males and I wonder if you think that's OK because muh reparations muh Black Lives Matter muh Pigs in a Blanket etc. I'm not even white but I find this unsettling because people don't need to atone to shit they're not responsible for. It's only segregating us all, and that's what people like you want deep down even if you wholeheartedly deny this all. You're supposed to go to college to learn, not fixate yourself on identity politics which don't get you a real job going forwards. Call me a Twinkie all you want too, lol. I'm sure you finding a PoC talking against this completely surprising, lmao

OT: If you want to be proud of being white I don't mind it, but for the most part it's WE WUZ KANGZ tier (especially the fucking Nordicist autists on /pol/) regardless of race including my own 2bh.

think about it:
this question he presents us is just plain stupid and the answers are even worse. I'm not here to say white people are the devil. Obviously I've put a lot of study into this topic and most people i argue with don't pose the intelligence to prove me wrong.you could throw any argument at me and I will have an answer waiting. we could go on and on. Basically the way it goes over in my mind is its a debate that i will win every time
Aug 10, 2016 3:16 AM
Feb 2014
fate_fighter said:
Basically the way it goes over in my mind is its a debate that i will win every time

That's not how debate works, sweetie.
Aug 10, 2016 3:19 AM

Jun 2011
It's always stupid to be proud of something you were born into by chance like race or nationality.
Aug 10, 2016 3:30 AM

Jun 2015
Narmy said:
It's always stupid to be proud of something you were born into by chance like race or nationality.

It's the sign of people who have nothing else to be proud of.
Aug 10, 2016 3:40 AM
Feb 2014
Narmy said:

Nothing wrong with a little statism. It's fun sometimes.
Aug 10, 2016 3:48 AM
Jun 2015
Nico- said:
fate_fighter said:
Basically the way it goes over in my mind is its a debate that I will win every time

That's not how debate works, sweetie.

Exactly,
I'm not the best of human beings. in the future ill play this system like a piano
Aug 10, 2016 3:53 AM

Oct 2015
Probably because we (white people) have never been discriminated because of our race. The same reason there is a gay parade and not really a straight one.
Aug 10, 2016 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
fate_fighter said:

Blacks are better at sports and Asians perform better in university boo hoo check your privilege non whites!
Aug 10, 2016 8:15 AM

May 2015
Being proud of your race is like being proud of the Earth's second moon.

You're being proud of something that doesn't even exists.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 10, 2016 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
You can be proud of your race. The problems come when you are hating on other races.

Tho. Must people are just butthurt to quickly.
Aug 10, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 2014
It's the same "logic" that says the fact that "Affirmative Action" divides people's chance for application to a college/university based on race is not racist because "you cannot be racist against whites and Asians".

Like a homeless white veteran could just somehow never be "oppressed" or be "discriminated against" by Obama because Obama is black and the homeless white veteran is white.

fate_fighter said:
as for peer pressure i keep my circle small and the people in it usually agree with what i say

I think that's what one would call an "ideological echochamber".
Grey-ZoneAug 10, 2016 8:28 AM
Aug 10, 2016 8:30 AM

Jan 2016
whites have made everyone else feel bad about not being white

"feel bad" more like with genocide, systematic racism, and slavery and a lot in between
Aug 10, 2016 8:35 AM

Oct 2014
grimace said:

"feel bad" more like with genocide, systematic racism, and slavery and a lot in between

So I who lives in Europe and happen to be white am somehow as responsible as members of the KKK for this? A beautiful display of collectivism or perhaps calling it racism would be more precise. Seems individualism is an outdated concept these days.
Aug 10, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2016
Grey-Zone said:
grimace said:

So I who lives in Europe and happen to be white am somehow as responsible as members of the KKK for this? A beautiful display of collectivism or perhaps calling it racism would be more precise. Seems individualism is an outdated concept these days.

never mentioned the KKK :-) nice try!
Aug 10, 2016 8:45 AM

Oct 2014
grimace said:
Grey-Zone said:

Then who are you refering to when you say "whites". Am I as a "white" person included in that or am I part of "everyone else feeling bad about not being white"? Do you say I am responsible for making non-whites feel bad or do you think I feel bad to be a non-white despite being white? Unfortunately the use of the word "everyone else" made it impossible not to belong to one of these two groups. So which is it?
Aug 10, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Being proud of your race is like being proud of the Earth's second moon.

You're being proud of something that doesn't even exists.
Prove to me that race doesn't exist.
Do you call yourself a jew even though you are supposedly non-religious?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Aug 10, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
One of my friends said something about himself and it's stuck in my head ever since. He said "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally"
Aug 10, 2016 9:39 AM

Oct 2014
Nigami_Shin said:
you can be proud if you like. who cares if people call you a nazi?

YouniverSoul said:

fun fact: there are clear differences in skull shapes (/bones) and nearly everyone could identify blacks and aboriginals instantly. though i can understand that from your position equality is desirable :^)
People even used to think that white people were biologically superior to black people and somehow cheated in order to prove their point. We're not all the same, but that isn't a bad thing. Are white people different from black people? Yes. Are white people better than black people? No, in fact "better" is subjective. Black people make better athletes, but that's about the only difference.
Aug 10, 2016 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
Why would you want to go around shouting "white power" and all that horse shit, you look like a lunatic.
Aug 10, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
Grey-Zone said:
grimace said:

Then who are you refering to when you say "whites". Am I as a "white" person included in that or am I part of "everyone else feeling bad about not being white"? Do you say I am responsible for making non-whites feel bad or do you think I feel bad to be a non-white despite being white? Unfortunately the use of the word "everyone else" made it impossible not to belong to one of these two groups. So which is it?

i suppose as a white person you are included, just not directly (as far as i know, because i am not regarding your personal life in this claim) due to colonization and systematic racism the majority of white people have held class/status and opportunity advantages over poc.
Aug 10, 2016 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
fate_fighter said:
_Poochyena_ said:

Ah the uninformed

Ok, I'll take your points one by one:

First, about my dad. He would never become a drug dealer or sell dope in the streets of Detroit because he has his integrity. Even as a lawyer, the best cases are ones for drug dealers and criminals but he willingly took a path far away from situations like that so his life and family would not be put in danger. My dad could have made a lot of bad decisions growing up because he had so little and was entirely disadvantaged but he didn't. After he finished high school, he joined the military. After that he was able to attend college and then law school. My dad worked incredibly hard to not end up selling drugs on the street so there's no "what if" story about what would've happened had he not made it. Had he not became a lawyer, he would've found success in some other way because my dad is the type of person who cannot stand failure and pushes himself to incredible feats. I don't have to exaggerate or make any of this up because I'm not even my dad's biggest fan, but I can respect the struggle he went through and the work he's put into his path.

Next, I'm not gonna deny most white people have a certain advantage over most black people, and if I did previously I was wrong. I am gonna say however, black people shouldn't compare their situation to that of white people because it's entirely different. Most black people in America, their ancestors were imported here during the slave trade, kidnapped from their home, and left in a strange world under cruel oppression. Most white people immigrated here and though under poor conditions and discrimination (folks like the Irish and Italians) they created business in their own communities and succeeded by helping each other. They didn't look towards the parties ostracizing them for employment; they created opportunity amongst themselves and kept the money circulating in their own population by buying and selling from each other.

When black people were free from slavery, this is what they should've done and initially it was what they did do. With white people completely unwilling to hire black folks, black people HAD to rely on their own business and their own power to survive and help each other. It wasn't until integration that this changed and black businesses began losing service and black money started flowing into the hands of the white man. The thing is, black people don't need anything from white people and white people don't owe anything to us. They don't have to hire us, they don't have to let us in their schools, and they don't have to feed us or give us money. A huge part of freedom is the opportunity to make your own way by your own means. If we black people as a community want to strive like the white man, we have to get up, start businesses again, get black money circulating within black communities, and create good schools of our own for black children to attend. This is something Malcolm X spoke about long ago in the original civil rights/black power movement.

"Anytime you have to rely on your enemy for a job, you're in bad shape." - Malcolm X
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2016 9:51 AM
Oct 2014
Well, we can take a look at Wikipedia and see how they describe Islamophobia, Slavophobia and Germanophobia respectively;

There are resources and power to gain in shaming white people. "Give us that and we won't call you Racist" to simplify. People don't like being ostracized, so it's a cheap tactic to use. Just like when people call you other silly things instead of attacking the actual question.

People talk about white privilege and automatically assume that it is "undeserved". I don't believe in chance and coincidences just as I don't believe in magic. If there is a privilige there are reasons to why there is one to begin with.

Look, I cannot help that my ancestors provided this world for me. That I was able to be raised and grew up in a world where we respect Liberal Democracy and the Rule of Law. That we have social dynamics which fosters an egalitarian attitude to each individua,l yet an orderly hierarchy when we cooperate, which further leads to the establishment of a peaceful, stable and prosperous community.

There are some bad things in our past of course, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be proud and honor what was good. That we should let everything go away.
It seems to me like the current narrative for White people is that they are descendants of evil. Truth is they aren't more evil than many other groups of people, and during most bad events of our history we have been doing bad things against each other. Poles have more reasons to hate Swedes than any African have.
This narrative of "descendants of evil" will either create self-hating regressives or reactionary racial suprimacists. Well done society, well done.

Personally, I do not identify myself that much as "White". I know very well that White people are far from a homogenous group of people, just like Africans or Asians. Not only culturally but also genetically. I don't feel like I have that much in common with Slavs or Greeks, and to be honest many among the Japanese looks pretty White to me.
I see myself as North Germanic/Scandinavian, it is within that cultural sphere my ancestors operated. I want to improve and correct the bad things my ancestors did, but proudly save what was great about them.
Rarusu_Aug 10, 2016 9:55 AM

Aug 10, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2016
Nice question. I guess, we can describe the situation as paying the price for what people in the past did to other races.

When non-white people are proud of their race, it is regarded as a counter-attack and self-defense.

When you think about it, there is nothing to be proud of in either cases, we do nothing to belong to a race, it is something innate, so why should we proud of when we do nothing to be in that situation?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you track movies you've watched?

Kei_XI - Mar 28

33 by leuscius »»
30 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week?

HunteerX - Yesterday

40 by rho34 »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you guys actually read the comments on the threads here

tsukareru - May 11

30 by rho34 »»
47 minutes ago

» Your Top 3 non-anime movies

60D - Mar 10, 2021

15 by LoveLikeBlood »»
1 hour ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - May 12

31 by LoveLikeBlood »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.