Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow pretty chilling episode, like a showdown with even the Millennium Earl showing up.

Allen Walker's arrival was as expected. I'm also kinda glad they are showcasing some of the other Noah's abilities and Millennium Earl playing mind games with Allen. I think they adapted the part about Tewaku well to show the aftermath of the destruction. At least she survived. Episode ended at around beginning of chapter 190, which I think is a decent way for next episode to pick up.
Aug 1, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2016
...we still don't know who is the 14th's VA because I refuse to believe that's Ayumu.
Aug 1, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
That was a really good episode.

Didn't expect the Earl to show up in person along with the other Noah's, The Order just can't catch a break. It's just invasion after invasion.
So Alma Karma the result of the 2nd Exorcist program and forms the basis for the 3rd exorcists who were introduced last episode, Wonder how he was able to merge with the Akuma egg.

Allen is wavering between himself and the fourteenth, Looks like Fourteenth's influence is growing stronger and Allen's body is adapting as well.
I loved the moment where Allen just went straight out and banged his head against the Earl and told everyone he was Allen Walker and an exorcist before everything else.

Kanda backstory next, This is gonna get real good. Though I'll probably be caught up to the manga by the time the next episode airs (Just reached Phantom G in the manga).
Aug 1, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2008
this animation.. that pacing.. these va's.. ugh..
Aug 1, 2016 12:29 PM
Jul 2016
Wow, I'm actually impressed with pacing, it was almost 1/1 manga adaptation with only minor details skipped or changed. And 14-th's voice is just magnificent.
Aug 1, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
Romeo said:
Do you always complain about the pacing each episode? It was perfectly fine this episode. More so than the previous episodes.
Aug 1, 2016 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
No wonder the majority of the criticism comes from people who have not read the manga or seen the first anime, sad.
Aug 1, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2011
whoa time to learn more about Alma and Kanada next time
Aug 1, 2016 3:26 PM

Mar 2015
Tyrel said:
Romeo said:
Do you always complain about the pacing each episode? It was perfectly fine this episode. More so than the previous episodes.

Threy adapted perfectly 2 chapters in one episode, and people still complains about pace...
Aug 1, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2011
Somehow this feels like it's a mess. It is getting better than the first few episodes tho. I didn't like the constant switches between action and comedy.
Aug 1, 2016 3:30 PM

Mar 2013
We're slowly reaching to the current point of the manga. Where will this anime end? Q.Q More like I need the author to update more. Too many things that need to be solved!!!
Aug 1, 2016 4:10 PM
Sep 2009
From what I remember,manga is quiet far away from this point and this season will only cover this main arc and maybe have introduction to second. There is more than enough material for this season.

Still would have preferred if they covered all arcs and just made another long anime season.
Aug 1, 2016 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
The Noah's can do whatever they want and when they want to, the defense of any headquarters is useless,lol.
It was nice to see the Earl without that stupid mask.
Alma and Kanda seem to have been good friends.
Aug 1, 2016 7:02 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah it's not rushed. It may feel that way but that's because the manga jumped into the incident this quickly. It's the same as when the Noah infiltrated the old HQ like it was nothing, this is a reminder of their overwhelming advantage.

And the Earl's voice acting is absolutely perfect here. Same with 14th(this made it clearer it is Ayumu). Just thinking about how great it could get if we got another continuation, my god.

Hatsuyuki said:
Somehow this feels like it's a mess. It is getting better than the first few episodes tho. I didn't like the constant switches between action and comedy.
Understandable. But trust me, the balance was needed up to this point, because soon you'll be missing the comedy lol
AlexTheRiotAug 1, 2016 7:07 PM
Aug 1, 2016 7:06 PM

Jan 2008
123ANIMEfun said:
We're slowly reaching to the current point of the manga. Where will this anime end? Q.Q More like I need the author to update more. Too many things that need to be solved!!!
kitten320 said:
From what I remember,manga is quiet far away from this point and this season will only cover this main arc and maybe have introduction to second. There is more than enough material for this season.

Still would have preferred if they covered all arcs and just made another long anime season.

This episode adapted Chapter 188 and 189. At this pacing, a good point to end the anime, IMO, would be Chapter 205.

Anyways, the episode was alright, I'm honestly not a big fan of the flashback part we should be getting next episode.
Aug 1, 2016 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
The moment the fourteenth came out gave me chills. The dude is still pretty ambitious.
Aug 1, 2016 11:04 PM
Nov 2015
This was HYPE. I actually had goosebumps run down my spine at one point. What a badass episode. I usually don't like repeated switches between action and comedy but this show has nailed it for me.

5/5
Aug 1, 2016 11:26 PM
Apr 2014
Reever didnt have that many lines in the manga...
Theyre adding completely new scenes but skipped short stuff in the previous episodes? dafaq
Aug 1, 2016 11:27 PM

Jan 2015
I was thinking the adaption so far has been a little shaky when it came to pacing. It felt rushed in some areas, but was overall good. But this episode was completely solid story wise and adaption wise. I loved it!!

As a plus, I think I've completed adapted to liking the new colors and VAs. Nothing really feels slightly off anymore and I think it caught its stride this episode. Only next week will tell if this is true or not, but I think we can expect the series to just get better from here.
Aug 1, 2016 11:33 PM

Dec 2015
franky3121 said:
Theyre adding completely new scenes but skipped short stuff in the previous episodes? dafaq

That's just how they roll. They'll take out canon stuff, to add in their own filler.

I complained about it with episode 1.

This series could do with a good reboot by a Studio that is not Pierrot or TMS. lol Maybe we'll get one in 20 years if we're lucky. lol

Aug 1, 2016 11:37 PM

Dec 2014
Wow! I'm loving the pacing of his episode. Great, great, great.

Those who keep complaining... ugh... please...

I do like Allen but LOL! I'm loving the 14th more and more. Anyways, looking forward to the next!!! XD
Aug 1, 2016 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
SilverWolf442 said:
franky3121 said:

That's just how they roll. They'll take out canon stuff, to add in their own filler.

This series could do with a good reboot by a Studio that is not Pierrot or TMS. lol Maybe we'll get one in 20 years if we're lucky. lol

You're complaining about the minor of the minorest things. Their filler isn't even bad and flows with the scenes just fine. There is zero need for a reboot. If you think that stuff like this deserves a reboot, then every other show possible deserves a reboot (They don't). I'm literally reading my hardcopy manga as I watch the show and everything that people complain about being skipped is so minuscule, and to say it deserves a reboot... Ugh.

But... Why are you even here? You dropped the show. Coming here to argue stuff you don't watch? Lol.
TyrelAug 1, 2016 11:59 PM
Aug 2, 2016 12:02 AM
Aug 2011
"Allen Walkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

And damn, Ayumu sounds sexy as fuck when he dips into his lower register and not many of his roles go there.
I still remember the first time I heard him sounding like that (in M3 which was a garbage show but I digress).

Anyway for an actual comment about the episode instead of just a fangasm, it finally feels like it's picking up, which I expected it would do when we reached this part.
Pacing is adequate as well for this which is not something i'd would have imagined from a 13 ep. DGM series.
standAug 2, 2016 12:18 AM
Aug 2, 2016 12:04 AM

Aug 2014
My favorite moments was seeing the Millennium's Earl human form.Why isn't anyone talking about that...I hate he has to wear the demonic clown armour all the time...with human eyes, he can be even more terryfing.
I hoped Allen will be rent unconscious by the 14th and he will kill all the Noah with ease and then Allen will come back and be bathed in blood.
The jokes were okay and I look forward to the 7th episode,back stories at this point for me won't be any good
Aug 2, 2016 12:40 AM

Dec 2015
Tyrel said:
SilverWolf442 said:

You're complaining about the minor of the minorest things. Their filler isn't even bad and flows with the scenes just fine. There is zero need for a reboot. If you think that stuff like this deserves a reboot, then every other show possible deserves a reboot (They don't). I'm literally reading my hardcopy manga as I watch the show and everything that people complain about being skipped is so minuscule, and to say it deserves a reboot... Ugh.

But... Why are you even here? You dropped the show. Coming here to argue stuff you don't watch? Lol.

I think the entire DGM anime franchise needs a reboot. not just Hallow. The last anime wasn't that good either, imo. And yes, other anime that I think could do with reboots Naruto Shippuden being a good example.

And why am I here? Responding to a post of course. lol

And you may not care about the stuff that got skipped. But other fans do, and naturally they will express displeasure, especially if it was something they wanted to see animated. So that will produce complaints. And maybe some things skipped those particular fans found important, maybe for the particular character(s). So they will express displeasure.

SilverWolf442Aug 2, 2016 4:34 AM
Aug 2, 2016 1:16 AM
Jan 2016
The OP and ED are undoubtedly MAGNIFICENT!

Animation, pacing whatever is fine. What I cant stand is the VAs. Especially, The Earl, Allen, Tykki, and of course Lavi.

Poor Tykki and Lavi :(
Aug 2, 2016 1:20 AM
Jan 2016
SilverWolf442 said:
Tyrel said:

I think the entire DGM anime franchise needs a reboot. not just Hallow. The last anime was bad too, imo. And yes, other anime that I think could do with reboots Naruto Shippuden, Elfen Lied being good examples. I thought neither anime did the story any justice. D.Gray-Man + Hallow is also on the list.

And why am I here? Responding to a post of course. lol No cryptic reasoning.

And you may not care about the stuff that got skipped. But other fans do, and naturally they will express displeasure, especially if it was something they wanted to see animated. So that will produce complaints.

hey there, i really dont mind D.Gray Man getting a remake. If it ever happens, the producers should take FMA:Brotherhood as a reference. HAHA
Re-animate the whole manga w/o fillers. ;)
Aug 2, 2016 1:36 AM

Dec 2015
Ginnnn said:

hey there, i really dont mind D.Gray Man getting a remake. If it ever happens, the producers should take FMA:Brotherhood as a reference. HAHA

That is what I was thinking. Wait for the manga to either finish or reach a good number of chapters, and just animate the manga with everything include and very little to no filler, except maybe in transitional situations so it doesn't look as jumpy.

Plus it would flow more smoothly to start over and have everything the same from start to finish, character voices, designs, music, etc. Rather than 2 separate series with such differences in voices, animation and designs.

But it's possible a budget didn't allow for a reboot, so they stuck to doing this 1 cour continuation instead. And this may just be to promote the manga now that Hoshino is updating again after a 3 year hiatus.

Hard to believe we're already at chapt. 189. Seed of Destruction may get animated at this pace. Unless they plan to slow down some now.
SilverWolf442Aug 2, 2016 1:59 AM
Aug 2, 2016 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
Not ready for next week's episode.

This week was amazing though. It seems the fan-theory that they just wanted to get through the Timothy stuff to spend time on the Alma arc is correct, seeing that it's slowed way down and isn't skipping anything (that I can remember).

I do wonder when they plan on leaving off though.
Aug 2, 2016 6:05 AM

Jul 2013
Probably the episode with the best pacing so far. Everything felt genuine and the episode itself adapted the manga faithfully.

In another series the comedic scenes of the Noahs would be awkward, but D. Gray Man manages to make them hillarious and menacing at the same time. The Earl's voice is absolutely perfect, I say. Fits both his human appearence and his clown suit. Sheryl was great too.

The appearence of the 14th was badass, liked the contrast of eyes they made for both Allen and him (Allen has purple eyes and the 14th has yellow eyes). Props to Ayumu Murase for putting that voice while acting as him.

That clifffhnager makes me impatient for the next episode. Next time we would have the Alma Karma flashback. Wonder how they will handle it.
Aug 2, 2016 9:36 AM
Mar 2015
Does anyone know who is Sheril's VA?
Aug 2, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
JoaoFxLx said:
Does anyone know who is Sheril's VA?
It's Nobuo Tobita.
Aug 2, 2016 9:45 AM

Apr 2016
I have a lot I could say(mostly positive), but to avoid all that I just wanna say one thing I'm thinking the most right now: The Earl's current VA is doing a great job.
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
Aug 2, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
I have to admit, this was a well adapted episode. The interactions were interesting and the seriousness/comedy balance was okay. I feel like it reminds me of FullMetal Alchemist trying to put humour where there does not need to be any, but it went well this episode.

Interested to look into Kanda's backstory one of my favourite arc from the original manga.

For all of you guys talking about a remake. Personally, I remain uncertain that I would want one. It is not so far from the original material that it really needs one.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 2, 2016 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
that was really good the 14th again!
Aug 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
Really good episode, it's getting really interesting. I wonder how they'll make Allen leave the orden.. they are going to show him all the things they did to Kanda and Alma, huh?
Aug 2, 2016 3:15 PM

Aug 2014
as much as the previous episodes have bothered me up until now, this one is pretty good. the beginning was slightly rushed, but other than that it had perfect pacing. ayumu did a FANTASTIC job doing the voice of Nea. hoh boy i did not know that man's voice could reach such levels ;;'' im super excited to see how alma and kanda's past is animated, looking forward to next week. and the OP is sooo good ugh i want to listen to it on repeat forever
Aug 2, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2007
I wasn't sure about Tyki's voice at first, but after hearing more of it I love it. He seriously needs a hair cut though :c

The 14th is as smooth as I remember heh
Aug 2, 2016 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
I really can't remember anymore the events of this arc...
3/5.

Aug 2, 2016 10:58 PM
Oct 2012
I loved the pacing, finally was about to take everything in.... however.... can some one explain why allens arm is gone and some how grows again with the span of mins. I was going back to the previous episode to see who cut it off, but at the end... he still had his arm.... wtf happened? some one said they skipped some part but i havent been able to read the manga. so I dont mind that part spoiled. just tell me how he lost it?lol
Aug 3, 2016 12:17 AM

Nov 2009
kageshi_hitomi said:
I loved the pacing, finally was about to take everything in.... however.... can some one explain why allens arm is gone and some how grows again with the span of mins. I was going back to the previous episode to see who cut it off, but at the end... he still had his arm.... wtf happened? some one said they skipped some part but i havent been able to read the manga. so I dont mind that part spoiled. just tell me how he lost it?lol

Allen's left arm disappears because it turns into a big gold and silver sword. His missing arm is usually covered by Crown Clown, but there are times Allen doesn't show off his whitish cape.

This episode was better, and they finally slowed the pacing down.

The scenes are originally a mess of people interacting even in the manga, so it's quite a relief they retained that. The Noahs are fairly talkative and comedic and creepy.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Aug 3, 2016 12:56 AM
Oct 2012
witchhuntress said:
kageshi_hitomi said:

Allen's left arm disappears because it turns into a big gold and silver sword. His missing arm is usually covered by Crown Clown, but there are times Allen doesn't show off his whitish cape.

This episode was better, and they finally slowed the pacing down.

Damn i completely forgot that thx
Aug 3, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2009
That's what the Millennium Earl really looks like? Oh man, all these years I though he was really fat and happy. LOL

Top secret Black Order headquarters/lab/whatever is completely useless when the Apostles could just waltz-in whenever they like. I don't know why but I didn't find it funny at the very least those weird comic relief when they were all inside the vault. X-(
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 3, 2016 5:05 AM

Dec 2012
I love this arc so much I never thought I'd finally get to see it animated although the coloring in the anime is a bit darker than I thought it would be.
allo
Aug 3, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2008
Ginnnn said:
The OP and ED are undoubtedly MAGNIFICENT!

Animation, pacing whatever is fine. What I cant stand is the VAs. Especially, The Earl, Allen, Tykki, and of course Lavi.

Poor Tykki and Lavi :(

i am ok with Allen's VA but i really dislike Road's and Crowley's new VA.
Aug 3, 2016 8:26 AM

Jul 2014
This ep was badass. Can't wait for the next one.
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Aug 3, 2016 8:55 AM
Jul 2016
SilverWolf442 said:
franky3121 said:

Because you dropped it that you didn't know, this episode extracted panels to panels from the manga with couple of extra lines

Considering Aniplex's pool of choices:

-A-1 is famous for completely destroying shounen manga adaption, most notable example would be Kuroshitsuji and Magi

-Shaft would throw a .doc file on your face, that or Allen's room will have like hundred of clown pictures

-You will complain even more if it was Ufotable for their habit of adding a lot of stuff while left out some parts here and there.

-Sunrises is only fit if DGM was a mecha anime, even though Gintama is really good (meanwhile, DGMH even got Gintama's script writer for the script)

-Bones likes to alternate the storyline.

- Don't.ever.mention.Deen

-P.A works has a history to shrink 52-episodes worth of scripts to 13 episodes

-DGM simply isn't big enough for Trigger and P. IG/Wit

-You wouldn't want any unknown small studio to make it with messed up CGI.

-Whitefox though, is a nice alternate choice but if they don't have enough budget, it will just end up the same thing we have.
ItNeverEnds14Aug 3, 2016 9:07 AM
Aug 3, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
It's going really well actually. I'd like it if there weren't so many funny scenes shoved in supposedly serious situations. (when this happens in the manga, it's less noticeable, but I guess there is personally a difference when it happens in the anime) It's kinda ruining the mood, but other than that it's really good so far. Honestly.

And I'm totally used to the VAs now. ^^ Can't wait for the next episode!

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Aug 3, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2014
Yay, time for my heart to be ripped into two!
Aug 3, 2016 7:42 PM
Jan 2016
SilverWolf442 said:
Ginnnn said:

That is what I was thinking. Wait for the manga to either finish or reach a good number of chapters, and just animate the manga with everything include and very little to no filler, except maybe in transitional situations so it doesn't look as jumpy.

Plus it would flow more smoothly to start over and have everything the same from start to finish, character voices, designs, music, etc. Rather than 2 separate series with such differences in voices, animation and designs.

But it's possible a budget didn't allow for a reboot, so they stuck to doing this 1 cour continuation instead. And this may just be to promote the manga now that Hoshino is updating again after a 3 year hiatus.

Hard to believe we're already at chapt. 189. Seed of Destruction may get animated at this pace. Unless they plan to slow down some now.

i wonder how are the producers gonna animate the arc after Alma Karma.
recent manga chapters only have 20++ pages. Not much info.
With 4 new chapters a year, i dont think we r going to get a season 2 soon :D haha
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

359 by iamnameers »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.