Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 14, 2016 11:04 PM
Dec 2010
I still find it funny that when Edgeworth said that he is a big fan of Steel Samurai he was actually telling the truth.

Edgeworth objections were underwhelming compared to the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe2D6c0Ttj4 Just look at 3:30 and 5:50.

I don't like that they spoil plot twist in the previews.

Next week starts the second best case ever.
May 14, 2016 11:46 PM

Dec 2011
Good episode and ends of that case.
I am so excited for the next case.It's one of my favourite case in the game and i can't wait...
May 15, 2016 1:17 AM

Aug 2012
Why there's suddenly wind gushing out of nowhere..!?? Lol even the game didn't have that and everybody didn't mind especially Vasquez that got direct hit and broke her smoking pipe. It's kinda cool though, at least anime has something unique to it other than cutting contents of the game.

Edgeworth was moved by Cody's action. And nobody in the courtroom noticed Oldbag moved so fast to stop Wright and gave him the key evidence lol ( ̄▽ ̄)
May 15, 2016 1:55 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
I was wodering why only the desk on the left side cast a reflextion on the floor and not the witness desk or the fence. Is this some sort of magic? In the other shots this didn't strike me that bad, but in the image its quite disturbing.

The pace of this show is keeping me wondering if this really will be a multi-cour anime. Its progressing pretty fast, but I don't know how many cases are left or if they may cover multiple games.

It would be really interesting if someone would have counted all the "Objection!"s and listed how many were yelled in each episode. Thats his trademark thingy right?

This episode wasn't able to keep my interest over the whole time but maybe it was not bad. I rate it 2.5/5.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
May 15, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2013
Brati said:

The pace of this show is keeping me wondering if this really will be a multi-cour anime. Its progressing pretty fast, but I don't know how many cases are left or if they may cover multiple games.

It would be really interesting if someone would have counted all the "Objection!"s and listed how many were yelled in each episode. Thats his trademark thingy right?

This episode wasn't able to keep my interest over the whole time but maybe it was not bad. I rate it 2.5/5.

It was confirmed that this adaptation will cover the first two games of the Ace Attorney series.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1508605

There will be a total of eight cases, if they skipped the fifth case of the first game (which was later added in during the NDS port and many believed it will not be adapted due to it being very long, I am guessing it might take around 8 episodes alone).

So, three done, five more to go.

And yes, the "objection!" (igi ari!), as well as "hold it!" (matta!) and "take that!" (kurae!) are all trademark yells of the series.

May 15, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2016
it was a good episode
but it steel feels like it was too rushed but it's ok
May 15, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2015
It better keep improving like this. I actually like the changes they made, Those were were necessary in order to make the courtroom more suited for anime. The wind is weird tho.
May 15, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
Finally a good episode with lesser comedy and more serious business. Some scenes are still a bit weird (objection, because objection etc.), but this episode shows a step into the right direction. Especially Edgeworth shows improvement and development, which further attributes to an overall improvement.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 15, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2014
Good guy Edgeworth, helping his "friend" win this!
May 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
I really got the feelings for our characters this time :) Yeah, it was a bit rushed but It's an adaptation of a game so nothing will be perfect :P

+ Can't believe how much the anime changed Cody as a likable character, he was so annoying in the game lol.
May 15, 2016 9:56 AM

Jan 2008
Reymon698 said:
Darklord_bg said:
Still rushed like hell, but whatever, I've made peace with that.

I wonder if anime-only watchers really understood the motives for everyone's actions.

In the game it was strongly suggested that the man that Hammer killed "accidentally" was really close to Vasquez, so she carried a grudge towards Hammer and made him act for pennies to make up for that and also made him only play villain roles. Before that he was considered a big hero for the kids. So he was jealous of Powers for playing the Steel Samurai who the kids love and decided to frame him for the murder of Vasquez.

They dint implied that at all, she just happened to scream when manual died, which would be the really normal things if you happen to witness the death of one of your employees.

But in any case, it was an allright episode. My only complaint would be how the "I Object, that was......objectionable" scene took itself much more serious than the game

This doesn't explain why she went through all that trouble to extort him and ruin his career and at the same time cover up the whole story and "erase" the witnesses instead of just turning him in. She would not go that far if she wasn't personally involved.

Also, calling someone by their first name (Manuel) suggests more familiarity than just an employee relationship.

You are right they did not state this explicitly, but I felt it was strongly suggested. I feel that gives a good motive for Vasquez's actions and makes her a more tragic villain rather than doing it "for the evilz". I always felt she was one of the more sympathetic culprits in the game with her "crime" being self-defense and with her gracefully admitting defeat when she knew she was beaten. At the same time Jack Hammer is one of the more scummy victims, trying to frame the innocent Powers.
May 15, 2016 10:02 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Luckily it's a two-cour series since it is getting better

3/5
May 15, 2016 11:18 AM
Mar 2016
I honestly want to know why they add the wind in the courtroom. Is it to make it dramatic or someththing?
May 15, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
Good episode. Didn't expect the two rivals to work together like that. Great to see. Also didn't expect that next case Wright will be defending Edgeworth, looking forward to that.
Lol at Phoenix trying to hold the spear.

May 15, 2016 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, this is the first time that i liked Reiji, he finally saw that he was protecting a guilty person, as he said in the end, it was all because he was a big fan of that TV-Show ;)
I knew it!!!! Before watching the preview of the next episode i thought that their next case could be Reiji being accused of a crime and the only one who will help him is Ryuuichi. And "bam" i was right xD It was the only possible way since he said they are enemies now but as Reiji said, they were probably friends in the past.
It was so satisfying watching Reiji and Ryuuichi owning that bit** xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 15, 2016 4:51 PM

May 2015
Lmao. It eventually went to 2 VS 1. Good game woman. That preview though. That looks really interesting, so I can't wait for that. Decent episode.

May 15, 2016 7:15 PM

Jan 2015
Wanted to see Dee Vazquez breaking and pulling out an infinite amount of pipes, but oh well.

I'm actually growing a bit fond of this adaption.
May 16, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
The case would've been 10 episodes if they didn't rush it, but it still felt like way too many details were left out. Sure, they get to what happened, why it happened and the outcome of the trial... But there aren't really any emotions here or reason to why people do these things...

Also, the lack of any "over the top" facial expressions from the games makes everything seem so... serious as well. Even when they're making a joke.

Fine case, but could've been done much better. Let's see how the next episode will be~
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
May 16, 2016 2:54 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode. Enjoyed the case overall.
May 16, 2016 5:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mad respect to Edgeworth, he has a sense of justice. Really good episode.

That PV OMG:
May 16, 2016 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
So only 8-12 episodes left?
May 16, 2016 8:10 AM

Aug 2011
WTF IS THIS EPISODE?
I thought a previous episode worked good by changing things from games. But I was wrong. That change made in previous episode ruined this episode, most important moments, t bone steak evidence and cardbox joke as well.

Kid running freely in court room is totally fine huh? As bonus sneaking into it again (where are bailiffs?)
Taking most important information when all people were distracting? lol

At the end of this case supposed feeling isn't like that "I FUCKING KNEW IT. PRODUCER WAS A KILLER."
It's actually "Woh woh woh, so she's not a killer? What a twist. She just self defended herself" feeling

But couldn't adapt this way.

Also they really should stop using this stupid objection-shockwave thing from Marvel vs Capcom games.

Fuck, just play the main and spin-off investigation games first.
Then watch this after for "anime".
At least Edgeworth is less-tsundere in the games. (I'm not referring to post trial conversation between Edgeworth and Phoenix)

Revealing his "Steel samurai fan" side was too early as well. Because at that moment you actually feel like Phoenix (saying him liar)
It's revealed in the next game.

hithummah said:
at the end everybody was watching the show on tvs but Mitsurugi (Edgeworth) was watching it on his laptop, I bet it was kissanime.

He's a prosecutor. He wouldn't watch anime from illegal sites.
bxyhxyhMay 16, 2016 8:44 AM
Sorry for my bad English.
May 16, 2016 7:37 PM

Jun 2013
I actually really enjoyed this episode
May 16, 2016 11:29 PM

Dec 2013
EXFalchion said:
edgeworth basically: i-it's not like i like the steel samurai or anything, b-baka

He was the complete opposite. He said that he was a fan...
May 17, 2016 2:35 AM

Nov 2015
I didn't expect Reiji would help

May 17, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
Darklord_bg said:
Reymon698 said:

They dint implied that at all, she just happened to scream when manual died, which would be the really normal things if you happen to witness the death of one of your employees.

But in any case, it was an allright episode. My only complaint would be how the "I Object, that was......objectionable" scene took itself much more serious than the game

This doesn't explain why she went through all that trouble to extort him and ruin his career and at the same time cover up the whole story and "erase" the witnesses instead of just turning him in. She would not go that far if she wasn't personally involved.

Also, calling someone by their first name (Manuel) suggests more familiarity than just an employee relationship.

You are right they did not state this explicitly, but I felt it was strongly suggested. I feel that gives a good motive for Vasquez's actions and makes her a more tragic villain rather than doing it "for the evilz". I always felt she was one of the more sympathetic culprits in the game with her "crime" being self-defense and with her gracefully admitting defeat when she knew she was beaten. At the same time Jack Hammer is one of the more scummy victims, trying to frame the innocent Powers.

Again, i dont see nothing weird by them calling them by their first name in the first place.

At the end of the day you are using assumptions on vaguely hinted things to use against the anime in comparison.The anime has it flaws, but this is not one of them.
no
May 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2010
Vaguely hinted is still hinted. I thought that she was in a relationship with manuel as well. They shouldn't had cut that key scene.

Decent remake by Ufotable in 2020?
May 17, 2016 12:24 PM
Jan 2015
I agree that scene should've stayed in. It's a bit absurd that we get a "full story" breakdown for Sahwit and White but not for Vasquez.

I also think the 5-year incident being introduced on the down-low felt a bit like a deus ex machina & didn't have enough time to sink in. In the game, this was a nice bit of backstory because both Vasquez & Hammer are presented as gray characters instead of good guy/bad guy. There was a scene where Phoenix asked why Vasquez would exploit Hammer over an accident and she says something like, "are you sure it was an accident?", though it's never explicitly answered.

...honestly, I do enjoy most of the anime's departures from the game, but there are spots here and there where I think, hmmm, that omission kind of flattened a character / made it harder to suspend disbelief.
May 17, 2016 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
Xushu said:
Better than I expected.

I hope they make Lotta less annoying in the next episode.

I'm more worried about von Karma..
May 17, 2016 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
dex_dash said:
The wind of justice righteousness strikes again!
I think I'm the only one who didn't see a van or hear someone mention a van up until this episode...

This is actually kinda better than expected, Penny doesn't speak for the whole case lol

IKR?! I was looking forward to seeing her.. ;~;
May 18, 2016 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Good twist of Mitsurugi, they are rival but they all want justice. It was the best episode, imo.
May 18, 2016 5:27 AM

Oct 2009
Well that was actually decent.
May 18, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2015

They switched to the English names again. That's the 3rd time it changed in 7 episodes. It's starting to piss me off.
Otherwise, this was a much more interesting case than the first one.
May 18, 2016 6:10 PM

Mar 2015
turnabout goodbyes HYPE
May 18, 2016 6:16 PM
Sep 2010
lol cant wait to see Karma next episode
May 19, 2016 7:36 PM
Jan 2016
TrashDax said:

They switched to the English names again. That's the 3rd time it changed in 7 episodes. It's starting to piss me off.

Whoops, you just revealed that you are not watching the series legally
May 20, 2016 9:59 AM

Aug 2015
Must admit that the animation has improved if compared to the other episodes. Still, the episode wasn't as rushed as the others although, as other people already stated, Dee's reasons and all the background of the victim and his envy towards Powers weren't rendered as they should have been.
To those who are watching the anime for the first time without having played the game, it may look as no big deal, and I know that those who have played the game shouldn't complain since we've been waiting for this adaptation for too many time.
But they're wasting too many potential of this great series. I hope they'll soon improve as they're still doing, this anime deserves more, really more! :D

If they're going to adapt eight cases, that means that they're going to skip on that one with Wright's amnesia, the Justice for All case, 1-1, for beginners. There's a chance that they're going to keep the Turnabout with Ema Skye!
By the way, I don't know you all, but I'm hyped for the next case!

May 20, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
hedla12 said:
TrashDax said:

Whoops, you just revealed that you are not watching the series legally

Who says I'm not just browsing the comments?
May 20, 2016 9:14 PM
Dec 2013
I've enjoyed this episode a lot. idk I think I'm enjoying it ever since ep. 1 even if it was rushed and simple to solve. hahaha This case was really interesting, and the Wright-Edgeworth collaboration they did to find out it was the producer was better than the previous cases in which Wright just pressed the witness crazily.

What is really bugging me is that it is reeeally making me want to play the games. I've decided to check how much the trilogy is and it's really at a good price. (the game in my currency is actually cheaper than the price I'd have to play in dollars, I'm shocked). I'm actually trying to save money but I think I'd enjoy the game a lot and now I'm not sure if I keep watching or wait until I make a decision so I won't spoil the rest of the game lmao

It's worth it, right?
May 20, 2016 9:28 PM

Apr 2013
ninalw said:
I've enjoyed this episode a lot. idk I think I'm enjoying it ever since ep. 1 even if it was rushed and simple to solve. hahaha This case was really interesting, and the Wright-Edgeworth collaboration they did to find out it was the producer was better than the previous cases in which Wright just pressed the witness crazily.

What is really bugging me is that it is reeeally making me want to play the games. I've decided to check how much the trilogy is and it's really at a good price. (the game in my currency is actually cheaper than the price I'd have to play in dollars, I'm shocked). I'm actually trying to save money but I think I'd enjoy the game a lot and now I'm not sure if I keep watching or wait until I make a decision so I won't spoil the rest of the game lmao

It's worth it, right?

Just get the games, you won't regret it. They are really worth it.

May 21, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2015
This episode kept my favorite joke from the first game in here. I'm so happy.
May 21, 2016 7:20 PM
Jul 2012
I was kind of upset with the ending, because a couple of the criminals in the game also had sad pasts, but the anime doesn't even try to get you to sympathize.

Dee Vasquez was a human just like any other, but the anime episode ended without her short and heartrending memory, so the anime just made her look like a criminal that lost miserably. (Whereas the game portrayed her as a human that had lost everything, twice, in [likely] unfortunate accidents.)

Everyone feels kind of shallow, in comparison to the game, I guess. (In general I think it's good, it's just that there's just too much content to transfer from game to anime, lol.) But cutting out the feels for the criminals is kind of sad, :<
May 21, 2016 7:22 PM
Jul 2012
ninalw said:

It's worth it, right?

It's really worth it. They go a lot deeper into characters, and some characters were even cut from the anime. (Or only got short cameos, lol.) Basically, you'll feel so many more feels. And the exciting/climactic points will get you so much more hype, xD
May 22, 2016 12:44 AM

Jul 2008
Edgeworth you loveable fool, finally started to wake up.
May 22, 2016 4:42 AM
Mar 2012
Kid jumping & speech was kinda cool.
Lots of details, fast buildup. But this case was interesting.
Animated tv samurai, and all the indoors strong wind were well done.
I marathoned this arc & was more enjoyable.
Translation made it kinda funny too "forest blimp" & "pregnant words".
gophercgMay 22, 2016 4:49 AM
May 24, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
Slightly getting better. Too bad this show doesn't mesh well with fans of the games.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
May 28, 2016 2:11 AM

Nov 2009
The first episode I actually liked! And Mitsurugi is now a proper human being, not a prosecuting robot who doesn't give a fuck about the truth!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 16, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. So in the end Sakura couldn't handle the Ryuuichi-Reiji gangbang.

These mother f'ers are air benders.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 25, 2016 2:27 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty fun episode, although as usual I personally don't prefer the insensitive comedic timing during serious moment, I've come to accept that this is how the series is gonna be. Edgeworth's involvement in the solving of this murder case really make this one, and possibly the next one worthwhile.

I am so looking forward to the next case, mainly because I haven't played that part in the game. Iirc I stopped after this case, so from now on everything will be new to me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 6, 2016 9:38 PM

May 2012
Sweet wrap up to this case! Edgeworth actually helping out that sure was a pretty nice sight! Loving the development, let's see what happens next.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.