Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol the twins are so fun to watch. Same with almost everyone so far. Poor Subaru...

Glad to see him getting along with Emilia even more. The conversation he had with Ram is rather interesting..
Another crazy ending of Rem ;o
Stark700May 8, 2016 9:35 AM
May 8, 2016 9:29 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Luckily Subaru's still optimistic about everything, especially after a painful death like that. More SoL-ish moments between Subaru and Emilia. Lol at Puck's way of cleaning him up. That conversation between Subaru and Ram about that story was lengthy but good. Seems like this time Subaru wants to change it up by leaving the mansion early. Seems like Subaru's still in risk, even outside the mansion. And we finally get to see who's responsible for all of this. Seems like Rem is responsible for everything.

Though it would've been nice if the picked up the pace with the episode so they could've adapted more, but it's alright I guess.

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 8, 2016 9:46 AM
May 8, 2016 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
...and the killer is finally revealed.

According to the episode titles, the second arc is going to be at least until episode 10.

I wonder how they can fit the third arc in 15 episodes..
May 8, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't go as far as I wanted it to be but if it's for a more in depth scene about characterization and world building then I'm absolutely fine with it. So it's in fact episode 7 that is this monster of an episode, well waiting game now.

I love that they are taking their time :)

I also wonder what theories people will craft about why Rem hunts him down and what was the reason why he got so sick since Rem can't use magic that allows mana drain.
May 8, 2016 9:49 AM

Dec 2014
ColdBreeze said:

They just go till Vol 6 and leave it open (for a sequel or something).

Oh please that's the last thing I want it to happen
May 8, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Mezter said:
I wonder how they can fit the third arc in 15 episodes..
I really could imagine that they cut the OP and/or ED which would result in at least 1-2 episodes more and/or a 1 hour episode again as last episode.

OR

They just go till Vol 6 and leave it open (for a sequel or something).

Or they will cut not-so-important stuff out. Who knows

I can already see it ending like AgK
May 8, 2016 10:16 AM

Mar 2010
Haven't seen the episode yet, but I think we stop worrying about something we won't know 2 months from now and just... you know enjoy the adaptation?

Anyway, judging by impression it stopped just where I hope it would. The director really good utilize the suspense and mystery thriller aspects of this arc. :D
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 10:20 AM
May 8, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 2012
Well, they broke the pattern of 1 death per episode.

But I was hoping that they didn't end at THAT particular spot.
May 8, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2015
Sarnik said:
Well, they broke the pattern of 1 death per episode.

But I was hoping that they didn't end at THAT particular spot.

At first I also thought that but now when I think about next week then I'm actually glad. That will probably blow people away then. And hey they used the time on something very good.
May 8, 2016 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
Well, this was a fine episode. Wanted more out of it, but k. Emilia's laugh felt fake, development with Beatrice was nice.

Now looking at people comments about why Rem!? Nooo. etc ;)
YatoGodMay 8, 2016 12:23 PM
May 8, 2016 10:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Without spoiling, was it good pacing again and was the episode good in general for you LN readers?
May 8, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2015
Smudy said:
Without spoiling, was it good pacing again and was the episode good in general for you LN readers?

In my opinion they slowed down a bit too much but it was for a very good reason which will pay off in the long run, so it's okay. All in all it only means that we have to wait a bit more for something we're very excited for.
May 8, 2016 10:56 AM

Aug 2010
Subaru's insane waking up after that brutal death acting all cheerful and shit. That's what makes him great.

He really barely interacted with Rem this time. From the way I saw it being a guest wasn't really any better than working there. I felt he got closer to them as a butler.

And this time he wasn't poisoned so I guess it really was the dog since he wasn't bitten this time.

The Red and Blue Oni story was definitely interesting. I don't know how I didn't think about it after the implying that Rem and Ram are demons and with their hair color and shit.

Emilia's smile was beautiful as usual. Speaking of smiles, man I just can't imagine how Rem killed him that brutally last week after they interacted that much and she showed him that beautiful smile. Merciless asf!

Can't wait to see how Subaru will act toward Rem now in the nxt Revival
May 8, 2016 10:57 AM
Jan 2011
Ah, I was able to get my fill of E.M.T this week too. She is the best about this show so far. Sorry Rem... well we still have arc 3 ahead of us.
May 8, 2016 11:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fappa said:
Smudy said:

In my opinion they slowed down a bit too much but it was for a very good reason which will pay off in the long run, so it's okay. All in all it only means that we have to wait a bit more for something we're very excited for.
Smudy said:
Didn't know that there was a pacing problem prior to this
May 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
I always knew it was Rem !! Omg it's one of the few times I have been right !!!
May 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
Pacing may have been a bit slower, but I really enjoyed all the down time and the cute moments with Emilia.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 8, 2016 11:03 AM
Sep 2012
Barion-Zara said:

And this time he wasn't poisoned so I guess it really was the dog since he wasn't bitten this time.

Technically the sickness only appeared at night, though here it's around sunset.
May 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
Beatrice is fantastic, she's my fav.

It irritates me seeing Subaru get such a bad draw over and over. No real reward for his almost altruistic nature, only end in pain and despair.

Also, anyone notice that Rem and Ram match the Ogres colors and natures in story, interesting eh?
May 8, 2016 11:06 AM
Sep 2012
Episode 7 will showcase a couple of different Subarus...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 11:12 AM
Sep 2012
Fappa said:
Didn't go as far as I wanted it to be but if it's for a more in depth scene about characterization and world building then I'm absolutely fine with it. So it's in fact episode 7 that is this monster of an episode, well waiting game now.

I love that they are taking their time :)

I also wonder what theories people will craft about why Rem hunts him down and what was the reason why he got so sick since Rem can't use magic that allows mana drain.
ColdBreeze said:
Fappa said:
It is indeed a better choice.

I see it as them taking a great part of an episode and replacing it with just as good scenes in order to get the watcher ready for a really great next episode that'll include everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2012
Oh god. It's so cute how Ram and Rem were all sarcastic with him the first day, sympathetic with him the second day, and freaked out the third day.

Days as in, revivals.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
May 8, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2015
Noooooo you can't ! Not Rem :'(
I didn't expect that
re:zero/10
May 8, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
xSkipi said:
Noooooo you can't ! Not Rem :'(
I didn't expect that
re:zero/10

Lol just keep watching
May 8, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2012
Fucking called it! I knew it was Rem. Her blue eyes gave it away in the last episode.

Another great episode. They really know how to get you excited in the last 5 minutes of the damn episode lol.

Really like the shuttle hints of character development for Ram and Rem. I feel like they have been through a lot together.

Wasn't surprise to see that it was Rem, but I still don't know why. I mean the first time it seem like they were think he was a spy. The second day thought everything was good. Now it just seems like Rem wants to kill him.

Man I can't wait for the next episode.
AntearionMay 8, 2016 11:20 AM
May 8, 2016 11:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy crap, it was REM?! I did not expect that. Why her? I always thought, it was Ram or Roswaal.

Great, great cliffhanger.

Also the ogre story (which i am familiar with since Ore Monogatari!) was very interesting, that's probably the story of Ram and Rem in a nutshell.

We know of magicians now (Beatrice and Puck can use mana drain)
May 8, 2016 11:18 AM
Nov 2013
Where did you see blue eyes in the last episode?
May 8, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
I still don't know what is exactly her reason behind this.
Beatrice is quite nice.
May 8, 2016 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
great ep, i do enjoy it even if its slow paced.

its relaxing until the end where it gets intense.

Jan 2015
At first, I thought Subaru's walking the hall while Beatrice following her. He also late to realize about her sarcasm about "pest". LOL
Never bored hearing that Roswaal accent, and now Ram's not sneezing which makes everybody suspicious (?)
If only that Red and Blue Ogre story Subaru brought have a visualization just like the first episode of Ore Monogatari. I'll be crying for sure.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online

May 2012
OniiChanStopThat said:

If I'm not wrong it was towards the ending when Subaru stood up and looked at the door.
May 8, 2016 11:22 AM
Sep 2012
The reason will be shown at the beginning of next episode most likely.
May 8, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
WHAT

Rem is the killer?
May 8, 2016 11:25 AM
Nov 2013
Antearion said:
OniiChanStopThat said:

If I'm not wrong it was towards the ending when Subaru stood up and looked at the door.

I just re-watched that scene and still can't find it. The only blue-ish looking thing seems to be the chandelier. Can you give me a timestamp?
May 8, 2016 11:25 AM

Jun 2015
Reddit would probably give me a -90 if I posted there, but did anyone else get turned off by Emilia's laugh? I mean, this girl can grow flowers with her smile, but her VA did kind of a shit job this week.

Meh.

4/5
May 8, 2016 11:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was a bit predictable with how either of the maids was most likely the killer but still, the execution is on point so I'm still fine with it

Apr 2015
Oh I have such a good time reading these responses.

I couldn't help but grin like an Idiot when the majority of people suspected Roswaal or Ram but in the end it's probably the least suspected one.

Now I really look forward to the theories about why she would do that ( although it's almost impossible to predict ) :)!
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
MozillaFennekin said:
Reddit would probably give me a -90 if I posted there, but did anyone else get turned off by Emilia's laugh? I mean, this girl can grow flowers with her smile, but her VA did kind of a shit job this week.

Meh.

4/5

Doing a genuine laugh on command is quite hard. Still, i also didn't like the laugh.

Jun 2014
I started to become more suspicious about Rem and Ram, but I thought Ram would have been the killer after the way she reacted to Subaru's story about the ogres. Let's see if he can get through this without dying.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 8, 2016 11:28 AM

May 2012
OniiChanStopThat said:
Antearion said:

I just re-watched that scene and still can't find it. The only blue-ish looking thing seems to be the chandelier. Can you give me a timestamp?

Wait... Wait... Oh it... It might have been... just the chandelier.. Well you know what they say you win some you lose some lmao.

My bad. The first time it look like eyes, but hey I still got it right, that must count for something, right?
May 8, 2016 11:30 AM
Aug 2014
I'd hoped that the smile from him saying that he liked demons didn't mean this would happen.... but it did. WTF!?
May 8, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
I had my worries because Fappa told me that they ended the episode in the midst of this part. But in the end, that works in favor of the series. It's one hell of a cliffhanger and the important parts aren't cut out. Episode 7 will be great for sure.

Yautja said:
Beatrice is fantastic, she's my fav.

It irritates me seeing Subaru get such a bad draw over and over. No real reward for his almost altruistic nature, only end in pain and despair.

Also, anyone notice that Rem and Ram match the Ogres colors and natures in story, interesting eh?

The foreshadowing in this anime is really strong. Even the ending (episode 5) had a lot of hints concerning the future story development.

Madara22 said:
I always knew it was Rem !! Omg it's one of the few times I have been right !!!

Good job. But don't worry, the problem will be twisted to the point where only the viewers, who pick up the clues between the lines (and foreshadowing) will be able to predict the story.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 8, 2016 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
Ha! Remurin finally got recognized by people!

Anyway, it seems my prediction on the pacing is wrong.

We're gonna spend the next first half episode showing how Rem is scarier than Elsa.

May 8, 2016 11:32 AM

May 2015
WTF REM?!?!! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 8, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2010
Huh, unlike the manga/LN Subaru getting thrown out of Betty's room has now become a gag. lol

Smudy said:

I thought it was fine, especially because got across necessary world building, characterization and as well as shown Subaru investigating the problem at hand now that he knows how he was killed.

Smudy said:
Also the ogre story (which i am familiar with since Ore Monogatari!) was very interesting, that's probably the story of Ram and Rem in a nutshell.

Yes, judging by her reaction and her comment about not telling this story to Rem their pasts probably parallel that. It gives you an idea what kind of relationship they actually have.

Barion-Zara said:

If anything he wasn't ever poisoned to begin with. Going by what Betty said he must have of been cursed somehow with an effect similar to mana drain.
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 11:40 AM
May 8, 2016 11:35 AM
Nov 2013
What I don't understand is that in the first two cycles, he overstayed his welcome, was considered to be a spy, and then murdered in the night. Ok. Fine.

But this time he decided to freeload for a bit, and then decided to leave. If he's leaving doesn't that make it seem less suspicious? Why would they still execute him?

Is him having knowledge of Emilia being a contender for the next Queen/King supposed to be classified or something? If that's the case, then he's pretty much sentenced to death on Day 1 (ep 1A) considering how he runs into Emilia immediately after being transported to this world.

That leads to this burning question I have. Why was he chosen to be transported to this new world in the first place. How come he couldn't just finish his shopping at the supermarket normally that fateful day?
May 8, 2016 11:36 AM
Nov 2013
Jagd84 said:

Barion-Zara said:

If anything he wasn't ever poisoned to begin with. Going by what Betty said he must of been cursed somehow.

In Ep 4 and Ep 5, where could he have been cursed? What about in this episode?
May 8, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
WTF? I was expecting Ram, not Rem. How could she kill him last time, after that smile? Maybe in the previous loop it was Ram and in this it's Rem?

I will probably have to re-watch the episode to get some theory :-)
May 8, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
OniiChanStopThat said:
What I don't understand is that in the first two cycles, he overstayed his welcome, was considered to be a spy, and then murdered in the night. Ok. Fine.

But this time he decided to freeload for a bit, and then decided to leave. If he's leaving doesn't that make it seem less suspicious? Why would they still execute him?

Is him having knowledge of Emilia being a contender for the next Queen/King supposed to be classified or something? If that's the case, then he's pretty much sentenced to death on Day 1 (ep 1A) considering how he runs into Emilia immediately after being transported to this world.

That leads to this burning question I have. Why was he chosen to be transported to this new world in the first place. How come he couldn't just finish his shopping at the supermarket normally that fateful day?

So many questions that all will be explained by the story itself. Just keep on watching and you'll be enlightened while the author throws you into the dark yet again :)
May 8, 2016 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
the twins are are my waifu... but that ending in the end..... noooooooooo

Subaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Yesterday, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 18, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Apr 18, 11:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.