Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2016 10:00 PM

Sep 2014
Just felt like creating this so people here on MAL can share various places they've travelled, maybe their favourites or places they would recommend and so on.

I myself live in Australia and the various places I've been to are: USA (also Hawaii), Fiji, Bali, Guam, Hong Kong and of course places around Australia.

It's hard to decide a favourite because they all had positives and negatives. Though it would probably be the US, it has the most sentimental value as it was my first overseas trip and it's also my longest holiday to date (7 weeks).

My most recent trip was Guam & Hong Kong over the Christmas/New Years period. Guam was really nice and relaxing, and I just really enjoyed Hong Kong, It's probably my favourite city.

So guys, have fun and share and discuss your travels. ^u^
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Apr 12, 2016 10:03 PM

Apr 2014
I've been to Mexico if that counts as interesting.
Apr 12, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2014
Protaku said:
I've been to Mexico if that counts as interesting.
Actually yeah, while in the US we went on a day trip to Mexico.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Apr 12, 2016 10:19 PM
Feb 2014
I traveled to New Brunswick, New Jersey and people said I represented hatred.
Apr 12, 2016 11:19 PM

Jan 2015
Menzo- said:
I just really enjoyed Hong Kong, It's probably my favourite city.
ayyyyyyy boyo Hong Kong represent!

Yep that's my favorite place too.
Apr 12, 2016 11:26 PM

Jun 2015
Taiwan, Japan, Thailand. Of course, this was just the airport, but you could still get a feel of what was going on, spending like 5 hours waiting for my next flight.
Apr 12, 2016 11:34 PM

Jan 2013
I've been to South Korea a couple times as a child and have pleasant memories of my time there. It was a more rural setting with very friendly people, a few stray dogs and large insects from what I immediately recall.

I'll be heading across the US to live in Los Angeles for some time within this week. It's an experience I greatly anticipate as it's completely different from my current environment.
Apr 12, 2016 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
Haven't been out of my country much except for a couple trips to the Philippines(had a good time there), but here in the states, notable places I've been to are Las Vegas(It's alright), San Francisco(Favorite place I've been to), Orlando(Pretty cool especially Disney World), Boise(Boring), St. Louis(Forgetable but the Arch was cool) and Los Angeles(Second Favorite place I've been to, loved it there).
Apr 13, 2016 12:08 AM

Mar 2016
i love travelling and i love talking about it. i been to china and south korea. i cant say that i liked hong kong that much. but beijing was amazing thats for sure. been to a lot of places in usa so i think overall as a country its the one i enjoyed most. city wise i think individually europe beats usa. been to france spain italy and germany. they all have amazing cities and nature. i ve been to 23 countries so far. i love each one of them. Meeting with locals and getting lost in a city is essential part of travel and thats why i love talking about travel. the place i wanna visit most is peru
mbepadroApr 13, 2016 12:11 AM
Apr 13, 2016 12:12 AM

Sep 2014
mbepadro said:
i love travelling and i love talking about it. i been to china and south korea. i cant say that i liked hong kong that much. but beijing was amazing thats for sure. been to a lot of places in usa so i think overall as a country its the one i enjoyed most. city wise i think individually europe beats usa. been to france spain italy and germany. they all have amazing cities and nature. i ve been to 23 countries so far. i love each one of them. for meeting with locals and getting lost in a city is essential part of travel thats why i love talking about travel this much. the place i wanna visit most is peru. also i m from turkey so if you have any question about that, i can say i am the expert
Wow dude that's a lot, that'd be super fun to go and learn about all those places, I'd love to go to more places. Ever thought about coming to Australia? Yes I'm kind of advertising.
Apr 13, 2016 12:20 AM

Mar 2016
Menzo- said:
mbepadro said:
i love travelling and i love talking about it. i been to china and south korea. i cant say that i liked hong kong that much. but beijing was amazing thats for sure. been to a lot of places in usa so i think overall as a country its the one i enjoyed most. city wise i think individually europe beats usa. been to france spain italy and germany. they all have amazing cities and nature. i ve been to 23 countries so far. i love each one of them. for meeting with locals and getting lost in a city is essential part of travel thats why i love talking about travel this much. the place i wanna visit most is peru. also i m from turkey so if you have any question about that, i can say i am the expert
Wow dude that's a lot, that'd be super fun to go and learn about all those places, I'd love to go to more places. Ever thought about coming to Australia? Yes I'm kind of advertising.

i thought about it but its too far for me. so i m from turkey and i like to advertise my country as well so if you have any question please ask. for me to come to Sydney, i have to take a flight that is 21 hours. i have other places near by that i want to visit as well. so i dont think i would be able to go soon. but on my list to visit for sure
Apr 13, 2016 12:38 AM

Sep 2014
mbepadro said:
Menzo- said:

i thought about it but its too far for me. so i m from turkey and i like to advertise my country as well so if you have any question please ask. for me to come to Sydney, i have to take a flight that is 21 hours. i have other places near by that i want to visit as well. so i dont think i would be able to go soon. but on my list to visit for sure
Yeah fair enough, it is a long way, although Australia is a long way from pretty much everything so that's a bit of a shame for travelling and plane trips are always long and painful.

I would like to visit Turkey one day, maybe for ANZAC Day and to go to Gallipoli would be nice. And then also on the trip travelling across Turkey doing various things.
Apr 13, 2016 12:56 AM

Mar 2016
yeah i heard that anzac day is really awesome and emotional. i visited the place its pretty nice but i think it would be really different on anzac day. you would see great hospitality. turkey has really interesting places to visit. specially capadoccia. i cant recomend that enough.
yeah australia is pretty far away from everything. thats a little hard for you. i like turkey in that sense its close to both europe and asia. you should just take a month break and visit multiple countries. thats what i wanna do when i visit south america oneday
Apr 13, 2016 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
Itally, Austria and Germany. Pretty interesting
Apr 13, 2016 2:36 AM

Jan 2015
I'm too poor and young to travel at the moment. Next year, I do plan to travel a bit for a month or two with my friends though.

I just walk around my town and Melbourne in Australia. It's actually quite interesting to find all the nooks and crannies of the cities and meet new people.
Apr 13, 2016 3:46 AM

Oct 2014
I've been to more than 30 countries though I visited only touristy spots. So I want to visit more local areas where I can experience its culture if I could visit some of them.

My favorite is Hungary,Budapest. It is peaceful and comfortable to enjoy because there are fewer tourists comparing major cities like NY,London,Paris,Beijin.

I haven't visited Africa area, South America area, middle east area and want to visit some of them in the future.

Good thing to travel abroad is you can see your country from diffferent point of view.
As I'm Japanese, I want to recommend you to come to Japan, Tokyo. I'm not sure that you would enjoy or not but you could find many thing that your country doesnt have.
Apr 13, 2016 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
ochanomizu said:
I've been to more than 30 countries though I visited only touristy spots. So I want to visit more local areas where I can experience its culture if I could visit some of them.

My favorite is Hungary,Budapest. It is peaceful and comfortable to enjoy because there are fewer tourists comparing major cities like NY,London,Paris,Beijin.

I haven't visited Africa area, South America area, middle east area and want to visit some of them in the future.

Good thing to travel abroad is you can see your country from diffferent point of view.
As I'm Japanese, I want to recommend you to come to Japan, Tokyo. I'm not sure that you would enjoy or not but you could find many thing that your country doesnt have.
Woah! So are you actually Japanese or did you move there because if you are I've never met any Japanese people on MAL before?
Apr 13, 2016 5:09 AM

Oct 2015
I visited France, UK, Italy, Thailand, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Czech Republic, Poland and I'm going to Vienna in Austria saturday.

Can anyone recommend me some places to go to in Vienna?
Apr 13, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
I've only been at Italy and Turkey..
Apr 13, 2016 7:13 AM

May 2015
Canada, the UK, and the Netherlands. All were great, but they were a while ago and I haven't visited any other countries since.

However, I have been to 48 states, minus Oregon and Alaska.
Apr 13, 2016 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
I love traveling! My parents are big on it as well, so I go on at least one trip each year. I've been to the US, Mexico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, the UK, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia.

My favourite countries I've traveled to are Italy and Japan.

Rome and Florence are both fantastic. They both have so much history and it's good that the government and people are making an effort to preserve it (the same can't be said about my country of origin, China). Rome is especially interesting because you can see architecture from all the different eras the city has been through - Ancient Rome, the Renaissance, Baroque, and the Modern era - in close proximity. Venice was a bit too crowded and touristy for my liking, but it's a worthwhile visit regardless because of how unique it is.

As for Japan, I'm going to have to say I enjoy Kyoto more than Tokyo. I tend to love big cities, but Tokyo just had so much going on that it was almost overwhelming. Every corner of Kyoto is rich with history - and as a bonus, the city escaped largely unscathed from WWII because of its cultural significance, so everything you see is basically original (assuming it didn't get burned down by a fire, which tends to happen a lot in Japan because wooden buildings). I'm heading back this summer again (for the third time), but this time for much longer than before. Can't wait to go to a hot spring. :3

Next on my list are South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Gotta go before I finish school and start working...
YunaApr 13, 2016 10:00 AM
Apr 13, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
Me, I've went to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE (All of the choices behind I've went multiple times), Turkey, Egypt and Malaysia. That's probably it, I like Turkey the most though. Good food, cold climate (Finally!) I also saw my first snow which was the best experience ever.
Apr 13, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2014
Currently at @SnugglyWhuggly's house in England.
Ive also been to that shithole called Mexico twice.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Apr 13, 2016 11:57 PM

Mar 2016
I been to England, Spain, France, İtaly and Austria . Rome wasn't the best but Florence was amazing. I thought London and Edinburgh were amazing even tho they were cold. I really liked Vienna as well. I hope, i can get the change to go to Japan, China and USA
ButterflymansionApr 14, 2016 12:04 AM
Apr 14, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2016
Nyarlathothep said:
I visited France, UK, Italy, Thailand, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Czech Republic, Poland and I'm going to Vienna in Austria saturday.

I went to Vienna last winter break, I would recommend you to go check MuseumsQuartier, its an amazing place if you are into art.

Also if you want to taste famous Vienna schnitzel, Figlmueller is the best. But be carefull because before going to Figlmueller, you may want to reserve a table or you'll wait like 2 hours to eat.
Apr 14, 2016 1:29 AM
Feb 2014
Trolling aside I've been in a lot of the Western US (Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Alaska, Idaho, Nevada, Utah), Texas, New York, British Columbia, Alberta, Cabo in Mexico, and South Korea.

Next on list: Japan and Australia/New Zealand
Apr 14, 2016 1:33 AM
Feb 2014
Chandela said:
I've been to South Korea a couple times as a child and have pleasant memories of my time there. It was a more rural setting with very friendly people, a few stray dogs and large insects from what I immediately recall.

Where exactly? I am from Busan originally
Apr 14, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2013
I've been to a couple countries myself.
USA- several times
UK- once when I was still in elementary
Other countries of Europe- Switzerland, France, Germany
Asia- India(my own birth country) and Singapore

Planning on a family trip to other countries in Europe like Denmark, Sweden and maybe even Norway. And of course I want to visit Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Japan.
Apr 14, 2016 7:55 AM

Aug 2013
Ive lived and traveled all sorts of places around the UK I can't settle down before we're moving again but im not very world traveled. Ive visited France and Spain and some small islands and thats about it.
Apr 14, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
Nico- said:
Chandela said:

Where exactly? I am from Busan originally

i ve been to busan before. just for 3 days and it was business related but i had nice time. it was a nice city
Apr 15, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
Butterflymansion said:
Nyarlathothep said:

I went to Vienna last winter break, I would recommend you to go check MuseumsQuartier, its an amazing place if you are into art.

Also if you want to taste famous Vienna schnitzel, Figlmueller is the best. But be carefull because before going to Figlmueller, you may want to reserve a table or you'll wait like 2 hours to eat.

Thanks for the recommendation, it was useful :D
Apr 15, 2016 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
I travel a lot that is why my friends don't like playing basketball with me.
Apr 15, 2016 11:56 PM

Mar 2016
Nyarlathothep said:
Butterflymansion said:

Thanks for the recommendation, it was useful :D

I am glad that the recommendation helped^^
Apr 16, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2012
I'm from Spain, and I've mostly travelled around Europe: Paris, Amsterdam, Belgium, Scotland, England, Italy and Germany. I've also been to Seattle and New York. I looooved New York! And guess whaaat?? I'm going to Japan this summer! I can't wait!
Apr 16, 2016 7:17 PM

Oct 2014
Sarinda said:
I'm from Spain, and I've mostly travelled around Europe: Paris, Amsterdam, Belgium, Scotland, England, Italy and Germany. I've also been to Seattle and New York. I looooved New York! And guess whaaat?? I'm going to Japan this summer! I can't wait!

Is it common for European people to visit other euro countries as school trip?

Hope you will enjoy Japan trip. Which part of Japan and how long are you going to visit ?
Apr 17, 2016 11:05 AM

May 2012
ochanomizu said:
Sarinda said:

Is it common for European people to visit other euro countries as school trip?

Hope you will enjoy Japan trip. Which part of Japan and how long are you going to visit ?

Most schools do a end-of-high-school trip around europe: for instance we end to germany, holland and belgium. Many people study french in school as well so those people also go to france sometime in their high school lives, though I've never really studied france and have been there with family alone (and the other places I've mentioned). Of course, now in uni we have Erasmus, which is an exchange program where you study at another european city. For instance, a friend of mine is going to italy so I'll be visiting here there. I'll be studying abroad next year, though I still don't know where.

I'm going to japan for two weeks end of july/beginning of august. I'll be staying in Tokyo for a week, mainly because you can do a lot of daytrips (like Nikko, Mt Fuji). And of course, Akihabara is a must! Then Kyoto for 4 nights (I'm especially fascinated by Kyoto), Hiroshima for a night, especially to see Miyajima, and Takayama for two nights, where I'll be staying at a ryokan and be able to enjoy an onsen and the sleep in futons! There are still so many things I want to see though, that I'm having trouble making a proper itinerary, hehe.
Apr 17, 2016 1:47 PM

Feb 2016
I live in the US, but I've been to several states so I'm not sure if they necessarily count? But, they include: New York, Texas, Georgia, Maryland, Washington, D.C, Chicago, Delaware, New Jersey, Florida, Wyoming, and Massachusetts.

Outside of the country, I've only been to Puerto Rico (*?), Cuba, Peru and the Philippines (<---it was awesome).
ExhalantApr 17, 2016 1:51 PM
Apr 17, 2016 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
ive traveled the whole world and places you could never imagine in my head
Apr 17, 2016 1:51 PM
Apr 2013
I went to Guangzhou in China a few months ago, that was a great place
Also Suzhou and Hangzhou were not bad
Oh and nanlin national park
And shanghai, changchun
OK I might as well say the whole of China lol

Apart from that I think it's possible to find beautiful locations near where you are wherever you are in the world, you don't really need to travel that far
Apr 17, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
So far I've been to Dubai, Germany, Rome, New York, Sweden, Wales , Belgium and France.

I visited New York when I was very young though, I'd love to go again and see the rush hour of New York life :)
Insert Signature Here.
Apr 17, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
My most recent trip was Italy.
Actually, it wasn't Italy.
It was LITaly.
The most fun I've had in years. I went to a bunch of different cities and it was a freakin blast
Apr 17, 2016 2:13 PM

Feb 2016
I've traveled across Europe, made it a bicycle ride whenever I could, and mostly went on random. But I def recommend traveling by trains. It's where magic happens.

More topics from this board

» Have you pushed yourself beyond your comfort zone

ST63LTH - 7 hours ago

9 by Taiyaa »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - Yesterday

27 by traed »»
35 minutes ago

» Why do I have 500 profile views?

Shimiiii - Jun 20, 2019

43 by Astrollyth »»
38 minutes ago

» What is the point of forums?

cosmosreceiver - 5 hours ago

19 by Serafos »»
53 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends? ( 1 2 )

pludel2 - Apr 10

59 by Kazeninjaryu1 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.