Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 28, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2011
It ended...After 2 and half years T_T

I decided to watch the anime back in October 2013 when it start airing. I will miss it so much.

As most have said, Mondays won't be the same again. I really hope we get a S3 when Act 2 has more chapters out (which also means, I am going to start the manga).

9/10 for both seasons. Thank you so much Daiya <3
Mar 28, 2016 3:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I didn't like the weird OST and speeding over the last inning, but the rest of the episode made up for it. Seriously, the song was so out of place that I wondered if I was being trolled. It sounded like someone just put int a "cool" sounding song onto the video...I paused to see it the rest of the episode was like that too, lol.

Kataoka crying was just ;__; Thanks for making me cry before work, BOSS. I love how thankful and regretful he felt toward the third years, how he couldn't lead them to koushien before they had to leave the club, but also thankful that it's because of them that the team has become this strong. A very touching scene.

The rest of the episode seeing Seidou practicing was good, but the third years graduating = more tears. Even if they weren't on the team this past season, I still love them so much. It's not just because it's the third years graduated, but all farewells are always bittersweet. I liked how Eijun thanked Chris at the graduation. Diamond no Ace did well with the whole team dynamics and building upon the character interactions since the beginning. It's hard to imagine that there was a time when Eijun did not like Chris.

That ending seemed like they were really closing off the series for good, but maybe it's also because if there will be a third season, it'll be in the far future. So it makes sense. Felt so proud to see Eijun get switched in at Koushien :')

Man, I can't believe it's been 2.5 years since the series began, and that I had been watching this almost weekly. It's really hard not to feel attached to the series, and having to say good bye after so long. It's amazing how much I anticipated each and every episode each week, I'd watch it first on Sundays for season 1, and first on Mondays for season 2. Even with other sports anime with multiple seasons, my passion for the series died/dies down with each season, but not for DnA, despite it being weekly. I still remember when the series first began and I went to read the first ~300 chapters...twice in one week. Will never forget this amazing experience. Thank you for the fun times, Daiya!
Mar 28, 2016 4:45 PM
Jan 2014
Wow can't believe it's been 2 and a half years! I can still remember being new to anime and I had just finished Oofuri which a friend had recommended to me. DnA had just started airing so I gave it a go. And now we're here :O
It's been an amazing ride and I can't wait for S3 :D
Mar 28, 2016 5:15 PM
Dec 2014
God bye and Thank you from the bottom of my heart
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2016 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
If they make a third season, they should just title it "Furuya".
Mar 28, 2016 6:00 PM

May 2012
I cried T_T at everything.. Love coach speech and great speech too Sawamura..

Mar 28, 2016 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
The end of the game felt so rushed. If only they had an extra half episode or so ><

The rest of the episode made up for it though. So many feelsss

I've grown so attached to this show and its characters these past two and a half years. I'm gonna miss watching this weekly so much. I guess it's time to pick up the manga to get my fix :p

It's been such a fun ride. Will hopefully see you again in the future, Diamond no Ace!
Mar 28, 2016 6:46 PM

Oct 2011
Kataoka crying OMFG T______T His dream came true

3rd year graduation T__________T
Mar 28, 2016 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Great last episode. so much feels.
looking forward to the news, hoping for a third season. ;)
Mar 28, 2016 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
Disappointing season overall, especially considering this finale closes the series with 126 episodes. Last episode not really bad, though (considering the masochism that following this weekly was).

No cries or excitement for me.

7/10 because I like the franchise and watch every episode when they're released since episode 20 or something from first season.
WintoviskyMar 28, 2016 7:18 PM
Mar 28, 2016 8:51 PM
Oct 2007
Despite being slow paced, Diamond no Ace had its direction executed well in all ways which makes the show enjoyable. Madhouse and I.G.Production are remarkable in this sense.

Coach Kataoka shedding man tears towards the end caught me off guard as well. The feels is real!

It will be a slightly long wait for season 3 but I'm in !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2016 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
kirisakitrash said:
God, I'm going to miss this series so much. I hope they adapt Part II at some point.

Thank you so much, Terajima-sensei.

Right there with you. Hate it when a long running show ends/hiatus.
Mar 28, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2014
And my favourite baseball japanese cartoon comes to an end :(

Loved this more that major for the simple reason that the technical aspect of the game was much more accurate and detailed.
How do I signature?
Mar 29, 2016 1:17 AM
Jan 2015
Miss-shima , Don't make my cry u idiot !! not you too , Boss !!!! I have seen the boss' scene at manga , but seeing it animated still make me teary :'(
Mar 29, 2016 5:38 AM
Mar 2016
I can't enjoy an ending were furuya takes the glory sorry doesn't cut it for me. I liked every episode except the last 2.
Mar 29, 2016 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
s3 will be a looooong wait~~~ i feel empty now~~~
Mar 29, 2016 6:58 AM

Feb 2010
Ugh finally this show is ended ;(
god i'll miss this show so much
10/10 my favorite sports anime, the feels in this show really hits me

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 29, 2016 7:14 AM

Sep 2013
Oh dear, this was a fantastic last episode! The opening and ending esquences were great--I had to watch them more than once. The montage towards the end that covered the last months of the school year was really nice too. Really hope DnA will get a third season eventually; would love to be able to see just how much the first years have progressed when compared to how they were at the start of the series.
Mar 29, 2016 7:35 AM
Mar 2016
Don't expect season 3 for awhile probably have to wait till they have atleast 100 chapters in act 2
Mar 29, 2016 8:53 AM
Feb 2015
almost cried in the end too 10/10 love DIa no ace so much
Mar 29, 2016 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
Watching this anime since episode 1 of the first season was so worth. I'll really miss it.
Mar 29, 2016 4:02 PM
Feb 2016
where does the manga pick up after this episode? is it just Act II ch. 1?
Mar 29, 2016 5:18 PM
Jun 2013
One of the best sports anime ever , The best OST ... can't believe it is over
can't wait for season 3
Mar 29, 2016 6:55 PM

Feb 2010
No regrets following this anime.
Decided to pick it up on a whiff 3 years ago bc it was a sports series, and im not even a fan of baseball.
But Ace of Diamond ended up being great.

I laughed so hard in the beginning when a variation of the Ride of Valkyries started playing bc it was just... weird??
But then the coach started crying and my heart sorta broke, then the op started playing and you see the senpais graduate and my heart broke even more.

This was a really nice last episode "finale" and I hope S3 would come up in the near future ;o;
Ace of Diamond is a great anime overall!
9/10 ! :D
Mar 29, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2011
The ending to a great anime. 2 and 1/2 years. Has it really been that long? Well a next season in about a year time or so is what i'm thinking.
Mar 29, 2016 8:40 PM
Jun 2015
That ending to the match was so bad, I really hated it. Either way the rest of the episode was okay
Mar 30, 2016 12:28 AM

Mar 2008
Literally one of the worst last episodes ever. The only good thing was the coach breaking down. It made me feel things. But the rushing of the last inning of the match to show how Furuya is da ace and getting everyone out. Then the skipping ahead 849748974 months at the end there. idk man.

Overall I loved the series, though. 8/10.
Mar 30, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2014
Excluding the fact that the last inning was rushed, this was an ok ending.
But still I loved Ace of Diamond and maybe once enough material in Act 2 of the manga we will get a Season 3.
Mar 30, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Very good anime, i didn't disappointed to watch this at all!!
i was expecting a season 3 but with that ending, i think the s3 will not come
still one of the best baseball anime i've ever watch :D
8/10
Mar 30, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
Such a surreal victory. On one hand I was ecstatic about Seido's victory, but knowing that Yakushi tasted defeat in a similar manner to Seido made it weigh down a bit in that respect. "If it were me..." Oh oh oh, what's this? Ochiai has had quite a change of heart if he'd have stuck with Sawamura to the end. Major respect to Kataoka and a salute to the 3rd years that continued to watch out for their juniors.

"Who sets their goals on something anyone can achieve? We try because it's hard. It's a dream because it takes alot of work." Jun summed it all up with a grand slam quote. This is what Diamond no Ace was all about. It's highlighted in the team building (I grew to love both seasons' teams) as well as how Sawamura, Furuya, and the rest of Seido continued to earn each step forward to nationals. To quote the ost, growing stronger day by day.

It's so hard to believe it's been 2.5 years since I started this journey through Seido's hardships and accomplishments. It really sank in with that afterword note. It really had been a huge source of inspiration in my own training and I'll continue to draw motivation from the lessons I've learned from it. If I had to sum up DiAce in one word, it would be dedication. Perseverance is a lost art and only those with extraordinary wills can overcome the hardships that lay in wait.

Hearing that the manga is still going, I really do hope this gets a continuation at some point. If it doesn't, I'm still glad the goal of nationals was accomplished albeit it always strikes me odd when sports anime emphasizes getting to nationals over winning it.

9/10 to compliment season 1.
Mar 30, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2014
Oh well, the ending of the match felt really weird but at the same time different (and fresh?) but I was like giggling watching that last inning. Besides that, the finish was awesome and it has been a great two long years with loads of emotions running high and low. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever see another sports anime like this that's filled with emotion and life (Of course many other anime have feels too, but it's just not the feels I'm talking about but the roller coaster of wide ranged emotions I hardly experienced in all others I've watched).

I started crying when Raichi responded to Mishima's apology. I felt Raichi was looking forward to bat but at the same time already somewhat expected they'd lose. *sniff*

Kataoka's scene with the third years was also moving. *sniff*

And last, my favorite scene! Sawamura and Furuya's conversation at the end was GOLD! While many fans want to see them claw each other out, I appreciated the scene speaking volumes of their friendly rivalry and really shows that Furuya appreciates Sawamura as not only a teammate but also a rival.

It's sad the anime ended after so long but I also do hope for an S3. 9.5/10 for this last episode.
LuzuNataliaMar 30, 2016 8:36 PM
Mar 30, 2016 10:16 PM

Apr 2013
This is why I'm scared of watching the last episode from my fave anime shows. I am literally experiencing a terrible sense of loss right now. Thank you very much for the experience! It was an awesome journey. I feel bad for the Senpais. Seeing them with their diploma in hand was just heart breaking.

Yakushi also gave them an epic fight! Better luck next season Raichi!

I will be missing Diamond no Ace. No regrets! You just made me cry like a baby once more T^T Sayonara!!

Forum set by: DeadlyBasan
Mar 30, 2016 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
Oh yeah, this finale wrecked me. I cried around 7 times? Yeah.

8/10 overall as it was just on and off. Daiya is a long runner where it isn't strong always but still good as a whole and powerful. Like, I really did get bored at one part and wanted to drop this show but the characters keep me here.

The uh, montage of the last inning was so weird in this ep. But I guess it was better than lengthening it out. lol

I cried so hard when Coach cried.....................

I really want to see the Koshein match fully animated. It was so nice.

Quite surprising that Daiya S1 + S2 is the equilvalent of Major's 6 Seasons yet way less happens here. lol I wish Daiya wasn't slow, but it's alright. We have Oofuri too.

I WANT A SEASON 3
Mar 31, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2009
4/10
deceived from the beginning.
if the author want to write story focusing on team not individividual he shoouldve goddamn did it from the start.
the fact they switch Eijun to Furuya as BORING FUCK ACE is fucking pathetic! also I'm still pissed Seido vs Inashiro match didn't happen.

will watch S3 but couldn't care less it if not happen in the future.
Mar 31, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2014
IZUMI64 said:
4/10
if the author want to write story focusing on team not individividual he shoouldve goddamn did it from the start.
the fact they switch Eijun to Furuya as BORING FUCK ACE is fucking pathetic! also I'm still pissed Seido vs Inashiro match didn't happen.

I'll respect your opinion, though I'm surprised you'll still watch S3 (if there'll be an S3) despite your generally negative evaluation there.
Mar 31, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2010
Everyone is on about how Kataoka Kantonku crying got em teary eyed (I did too! Along with Yuki trying to keep it together!) but man, aint nothing getting to me like Sawamura crying at Chris senpai's graduation T^T
Miyuki coming home to a warm, fully cooked meal was a nice touch too
Mar 31, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2008
Shuhan said:
If they make a third season, they should just title it "Furuya".

So accurate it hurts!
Mar 31, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2015
This was a really refreshing ride through and through for a sports anime. I remember tossing it away at first like "meh another baseball anime." Boy was I wrong. There aren't many sports anime that manage to be that good only through the sport plot. Most of the good shows also rely on heavy romance/drama subplots. None of that here, no sir. And that alone is impressive.

Finally a sports series where you don't know who'll win or lose 3 episodes in advance. The show had so many characters, it could have been easy to butcher them, but somehow every single one gets unique development.

This was a really nice marathon. Let's hope for a season 3 !
HapHazrDMar 31, 2016 7:32 PM
Apr 1, 2016 12:09 AM
Mar 2008
LuzuNatalia said:
IZUMI64 said:
4/10

I'll respect your opinion, though I'm surprised you'll still watch S3 (if there'll be an S3) despite your generally negative evaluation there.

What i see here is just an emotional response and nothing more, 100% subjectivity without even being fair.
Apr 1, 2016 1:35 AM
Dec 2015
djcoutz said:
where does the manga pick up after this episode? is it just Act II ch. 1?

Yes, story wise.

But there are some extra chapters which will be covered in OVAs.
Apr 3, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, that hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. I really hope a third season happens at some point, or at the very least the manga gets a ridiculously quick english serialization. I need to see what happens with these kids, especially Furuya - the real ace. And then there's the new freshmen, and tetsuya's little brother who kinda seems like a dick, and I need to know what happens with that, and...and...and I just don't want it to end yet (T.T)
Apr 4, 2016 10:25 AM

Oct 2013
Nationals...leggo
Apr 5, 2016 11:13 PM

May 2015
I expected the game to go for most of this episode, but even though it wasn't what I thought it was going to be like, it was still an amazing ending!

It's nice to see the two coaches working together, but why did they have to catch up to the manga! I don't want this to end!
Apr 6, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, that was an emotional roller coaster of a episode ;(
Love those seniors so much. But all good things must pass, just like this anime. ;(
Apr 9, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting flash forward. Sad to see Sawamura only coming to play towards the end of the game.
Apr 21, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
So it finally ended ... Cool finale. Didn't expect Kataoka coach to cry. When I saw Ochiai I really thought Katakoka left the team ... So he stayed. Don't understand why Ochiai is with them too though ... All in all it was a good anime. It's a pity that Sawamura didn't become the ace though ... 7/10
Apr 22, 2016 3:08 AM
Apr 2016
I cant wait for the upcoming summer. I hope,it will be release soon.
Apr 22, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
I nearly cried when Coach Kataoka cried, thanked and bowed to the 3rd years... wahhhhh!!! So teary-eyed the entire time!! I'm going to really miss the 3rd years. So many lovable characters from their batch like Tetsu and Ryou. :c

Throughout the 2nd season I've been saying (in episode comments) all sorts of crap about Coach Ochiai and though I've slowly started to like him towards the end, I ended up not completely hating him only in this episode. I was even (surprisingly) glad to see him with the coach's uniform in the dugout at Nationals together with Coach Kataoka... I still find him hateful but sometimes even cute and funny? lol. Hard to explain how I feel about him. Also about Coach Kataoka, I'm so glad he stayed!

Anyway, though I wanna watch more, the ending was satisfying enough. I feel like there won't be a 3rd season and even if there will be it probably won't come for a while so I guess I'll just treat myself by reading the manga~ I miss Miyuki already!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 26, 2016 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
This show was amazing. S1 transition into S2 was great, and exceeded my expectations. Loved the OST and glad to see Coach Kataoka still here, though I think that's expected. I hope he stays even after the nationals (Unless the manga ends aftrer this whole tournament).

9/10.
May 23, 2016 7:11 PM
Jan 2015
This episode make me cry a bit, I really feel sympathy for Yakushi, I think they are trying so hard to win, what we can do, Seido is the main club anyway.

GO YAKUSHI GO!

TODOROKI RAICHIII!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

50 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2015

35 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2015

47 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2015

55 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

85 by nnagi »»
Sep 21, 2023 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.