Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 28, 2016 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I almost cried slightly for the finale. Everyone just worked so hard in this game and it came together in one piece at the end.

That Eijun smile though...he knew what was up.
Overall, 8/10. I enjoyed this season just as much as the previous.
Stark700Mar 28, 2016 5:28 AM
Mar 28, 2016 4:10 AM
Feb 2015
coach kataoka is so frikin bad ass! just loved the ending and that music they picked it really made everything more exciting, that was a really really nice journey they showed us.. NOW lets wait for season 3 and prepare for the pump that awaits us ! OSH OSH OSH OSH
Mar 28, 2016 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
Two and a half years of pure joy and 126 episodes of epicness. Still remember the day I first laid eyes on this show in Oct 2013... have been watching it since to this very day. Started back when I didn't even have a MAL profile, can't believe the day has come when it ends. My Mondays won't ever be the same again. #ThankYouDnA

Felt like an orchestra was playing at the start, lol. Superb music, something in which DnA has always excelled at. Had tears in my eyes Coach Kataoka cried...
Eijun has finally reached the pinnacle he dreamed of, and it was so good so see him progress throughout the show.

9/10, 2nd season just in the name and I equally loved both the seasons.

Once again, #ThankYouDnA
karlstein12Mar 28, 2016 4:18 AM
Mar 28, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2014
God, I'm going to miss this series so much. I hope they adapt Part II at some point.

Thank you so much, Terajima-sensei.
Mar 28, 2016 4:26 AM

Sep 2010
Ah... this was a great ride, what's more the anime once again gives a surprise. The last innings of finals, three strikeouts! Not always the very ending is the most emotional one.

After that the great conclusion to this season and I also couldn't help but cry when the bad ass coach was crying as well. A tears of a man like he are worth so much...!

Truly if I were to consider this anime in top anime of the seasons, then in this season it would definitely be top 1 as well as in previous few.

Truly great anime... now my question is... when will there be a next season!!!

... Ah I looked it up. The anime ends at the exact same point that the manga PART 1 ends... (ending is about the same). Next there are 28 chapters of part 2 right now... looks like we are in for a long wait.
eso18Mar 28, 2016 4:32 AM
Mar 28, 2016 4:33 AM

Aug 2013
I'M CYRINGGG!!! COACH KATAOKA WAS CRYING TOO OMG

And they finally went to nationals!! :D I hope there will be a season 3!!

I ENJOYED THIS SO MUCH <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2016 4:44 AM
Mar 2008
And the final episode shows, once again, why i think that Kataoka is the best coach of all the coaches in anime. I can only have the most respect for him.
The rivalry Furuya vs Sawamura continues (yeah, i still think it was the right decision to switch Sawamura out) to reach the stars........heck, even Furuya wants that "fight for the best" with Sawamura, etc.
Wonderful. This anime is probably my favorite sports anime ever (even better than Aoki Densetsu Shoot, which was my favorite until DnA) and those 2 seasons showed it very well.
Lets hope for Season 3 soon (yeah, it will take a while) and enjoy the heck out of the series.
Mar 28, 2016 4:47 AM
Jul 2014
Best sport anime: 1. Hajime no Ippo, 2. Diamond no Ace, 3. Haikyuu!. Well deserved place in TOP3. Can't wait for Nationals to be animated.
Mar 28, 2016 4:48 AM

Mar 2008
Ugh, why the 'soundless' Ride of the Valkyries montage? The visuals certainly weren't nearly incredible enough to justify it. Cheesy, distracting, jarring, and immersion-breaking all at once.
What an irritatingly cheap and anti-climatic way to finish off what had otherwise been an exciting match - the finale of the season and series (for now at least.) Really, it must be the one stand-out poor creative decision of the entire series.

They lingered on Mishima's teary Kaiji-eyes a little too long, and Coach's river of tears were a little too much.

Negatives aside, the wrap-up was satisfying, and it's been a really enjoyable series to tune into.

Hopefully we can look forward to a continuation sometime in the future.
Mar 28, 2016 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
Very nice ending.
Kataoka crying was unexpected, it almost made me cry.
I also feel bad for Yakushi,better luck next year.
And,lol,I got scared when I saw Ochiai in the dugout.
Mar 28, 2016 6:07 AM

Oct 2012
Miyuki looked drunk when he said he couldn't be captain lol
I wasn't gonna cry but then coach Kataoka cried T.T Glad to see he didn't quit.

Will wait patiently for Act II anime.
Mar 28, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2010
I teared up at the end. Anime blues hit me hard for this. Been following since the start and was a great ride. I know Haikyuu's got a S3 coming and I love that a bit more but gotta admit as a last ep of a season DnA aced it. That was a much better last ep than HQ's one imo. Maybe because I know we won't be able to see these characters for quite a long time from now :(

The 2 montages this ep were fun. The Ride of Valkyries montage was kinda weird tho. Altho it made it 100% obvious that they're gonna win so that was a relief early on in the ep XD 2nd montage was great tho. 3rd years graduating :*( It was a sad scene when they were watching the happiness of the 1st and 2nd years after reaching the Koshiens.

Really felt bad for Yakushi too. Raichi's serious response to Mishima kinda gave me chills. "I wanted to face him" :(

Dat Kataoka crying scene hit me hard. U'd never imagine this guy crying. Sux that Eijun didn't see BOSS crying XD

LOL'd SO MUCH AT "What's the guinness world record" for throwing up Oh Tetsu...

The end was hype with Eijun's usual Speech but at an amplified pitch which made it way more epic.
Glad Miyuki is playing and he's training with Chris's dad now? Cool :D

9/10 gonna miss. I'll probably start reading S2 of the manga altho the TLs don't seem regular

Oh and lol at the troll showing Ochiai first in the dugout making us think he's the coach XD
Mar 28, 2016 6:34 AM
Dec 2012
Here i thought i was gonna finish this without tears when suddenly
uwaaahhh damn it! 2 years twas a really good trip. Thanks alot for this good anime owob
Mar 28, 2016 6:36 AM
May 2015
Is this show getting a season 3???
Mar 28, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2010

I wanted to these Wakana's cuteness animated tho <3
Mar 28, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
I'm not really a fan of how they rushed the ending of that game, especially considering how intense the entire game was up to that point. Anyway, great series overall and I hope they get a 3rd season.
Mar 28, 2016 7:04 AM

Feb 2012
It PISSES me off All Sports ANIME EXCEPT MAJOR ends just short or at the reach of Koishen ... Really disliked how they fast foward everything at the end & how the two coaches stay together somewhat..... MOST LIKELY THEY WONT HAVE A SEASON 3 **sighs**
Mar 28, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
Anime usually doesn't make me teary eyed but that part when Kataoka started crying hit me right in the feels! I really enjoyed this series but I missed the 3rd years. Though, if there is a 3rd season there are going to be a lot more interesting characters joining.
SevenMar 28, 2016 7:18 AM
Mar 28, 2016 7:15 AM

Aug 2015
rafi160 said:
It PISSES me off All Sports ANIME EXCEPT MAJOR ends just short or at the reach of Koishen ... Really disliked how they fast foward everything at the end & how the two coaches stay together somewhat..... MOST LIKELY THEY WONT HAVE A SEASON 3 **sighs**

OT: Nice finale for a great sport manga... but still Eijun should be the one who close the match.

FUCK YOU FURUYA.. NO SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU!!!!!!
TyrelMar 28, 2016 10:24 PM
Mar 28, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
rafi160 said:

Why wouldn't they? Are the sales bad? Diamond no Ace act II is still coming out a chapter every week. Stuff like Saki took 4 years to get a 2nd season animated. I don't see why they wouldn't make another season once enough content comes out.
Mar 28, 2016 7:32 AM
Feb 2016
I don't think I've been engrossed in any other series as much as I've been in Diamond no Ace. Every character, every plot has taken the series to a new height of intensity. The finale did not disappoint either.

Whatever time it takes for the part two to finish, I will always wait for season 3. Kataoka coach, Miyuki, Sawamura... I want to see more of these amazing beings.
Mar 28, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2014
Was so hyped last week but only to get this.

Well overall nice anime and cant wait for S3.
Mar 28, 2016 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
Did they change the music director or what? The music choice during the match felt totally off imo... It didn't suit the scene or even feel of the anime in general... this is not a fantasy, sci-fi or whatnot. And it was as if the music was simply added over without much adjustments or thoughts like an average to bad AMV

I'm also disappointed they rushed through the epilogues... I was hoping they would adapt those in specials but now... I think there was some pretty important stuffs related to Miyuki character development ><

Ah well to the positive sides... kinda... I cried when the Coach did >< And I felt so bad for the third years when Jun said he was jealous >< But Coach speech somehow made it better
I really hope this will get a third season when the manga is far enough >< which is not anytime soon but oh well...
I will miss this
Mar 28, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2010
The way they captured on what it means to be an athlete was just wonderful in every respects, from experiencing defeat and growing from it to the surge of happiness of reaching a milestone. It was surprisingly not so much about baseball at the end, but instead focuses what continuously makes this anime such a great watch.

Everything was wrapped up quite nicely for now, and looking forward to any news of another season as the countdown begins from there!
Mar 28, 2016 7:55 AM

Feb 2014
Amazing in every way , so sad that its over but i hope for a season 3 in the future .
9/10
Mar 28, 2016 8:04 AM
Dec 2013
i hope i am wrong, but that ending kinda said "there will be no season 3".

Loved the show 10/10.
Mar 28, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2011
Lovely episode, lovely anime :)
10/10 until then i will wait for season 3 xD
Mar 28, 2016 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
NOOOO!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 28, 2016 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale, The OST and fast forward through the last innings made it really obvious that Seido were gonna win it. I wanted a more dramatic final inning but what came after was totally worth it.
Felt sad for Raichi, He really wanted to play so bad.

Lol at Miyuki being drunk on injury xD

Never expected Katoka to cry, Really teared up there. Really sad that the third years were never able to go to the Koushien. I suppose that was the main fact for the really heartfelt gratitude coming out from Katoka there. Truly an awesome coach.

FatefulLove said:
The way they captured on what it means to be an athlete was just wonderful in every respects, from experiencing defeat and growing from it to the surge of happiness of reaching a milestone. It was surprisingly not so much about baseball at the end, but instead focuses what continuously makes this anime such a great watch.

Well said, Took the words right out of me.

The graduation scene had a real bittersweet atmosphere around it. The way the third years stared at the baseball field they worked for so long had a real bittersweet feel to it. Wish them the best in college.

They showed a little bit of the nationals as well, I really hope it gets animated.

9/10 across both seasons, One of the best sports anime out there.

Thank You for the 2 and Half Years DnA :D, Please return for a 3rd season.
Mar 28, 2016 8:27 AM

Dec 2014
No! Monday will never be the same. I had almost cried when they won, then when boss started to cry I lost it lol. This everything I wanted out of a sports anime.
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.
Mar 28, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2011
This was a fantastic show from the start to finish. I was never fond of baseball but this show has sparked my interest and I've learnt some things about the sport i never knew. I can't wait for a 3rd season.
10/10
Mar 28, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2011
I agree with some who mentioned that the music during the game in this episode is... off. But still, great series!!
Mar 28, 2016 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
SHOGUN GA NAITA!!!! T-T

I need a 3rd season ASAP.
Barion-Zara said:

OMG that needed to be animated.
Mar 28, 2016 8:54 AM
Mar 2016
Shed some manly tears there when Coach Kataoka started crying, it was such a touching scene. The 3rd years will be missed, really liked them a lot.

Liked how Eijun expressed his interest of wanting to steal the ace's number from Furuya and of course, how the season concludes with Eijun standing on the mound - so cool!
Can't wait for the 3rd season although it's definitely not going to be any time soon in the future ( fingers crossed)

2.5 years, it's been a long ride.

Solid 10/10, nuff' said.
Mar 28, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
my favorite sports anime ending but Seido finally making it to Koushien-

lots of tear-jerking moments; from Yakushi (Miss-shima got me wtf), Coack Kataoka crying, & 3rd years graduating.

also, this is very important

1000000000/10 ♥♥♥
Mar 28, 2016 9:13 AM

May 2012
Wow. Its been already 2 and a half years huh.. those years fly by soo fast. And now one of my fave anime has ended. Good thing they used my fave ost at the end. Will miss DnA!!!
Mar 28, 2016 9:58 AM
Oct 2012
even though i knew it was coming i still couldnt hold my tears from coach speech to third years
Mar 28, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 2009
Millo90 said:
i hope i am wrong, but that ending kinda said "there will be no season 3".

Loved the show 10/10.

Well obviously. These two seasons covered about 400 chapters while new material has only 28 chapters so far.

It will take at least 2 years before they announce new season.
Mar 28, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2012
I cried the whole episode. I cried about Yakushi too. I cried when Coach cried, I cried at the end, I'm still crying right now. I'm gonna miss DnA so much..

10/10 for me, this is epicness

I don't give a meow about what others think.
Mar 28, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
It was a great anime sport. The end was good too. I'm glad I've watched it.

I prefered the first season though, it felt way more dynamic and full of surprises. I think some charcaters didn't show their full potentials in this season imo. I'm thinking of Kanemaru Shinji and Toujou Hideaki for example. Some devolepment would have been pretty good.

But hey, I still had a great time watching this show, and I do feel a bit wistful already... no regret!
Mar 28, 2016 10:34 AM

Nov 2009
I was prepared to cry I was but not on that moment, seriously when Kataoka start to cry and say thanks to all them I start to cry too just emotive a big emotive moment, really enjoy this final episode to the first moments to the end.

And yes was sad about Yakushi, at the end they can't do anything because Furuya pitch but still was great team they have my respect at the end with the front up.

Also Miyuki jajaja at the end say all the things he can't say but yeah he was great to the first to the end of the match.

Too bad they don't show us the senpais graduation, when I spoiled that on the manga was big really bit for me but yea enjoy it to.

That smile that Eijun show us at the end was the most bright he can do really like it :D, thanks you Terajima-Sensei for this.

Going to miss DnA every monday but hope this show come back on a new Season now on the second part of the manga animated.

10/10 for me, enjoy, cry and more on all this 2 seasons from the beginning to the end of them, also thanks to my friend that tell me to watch it when it was on the first season almost last episodes ( start the match vs. Inashiro )
Yuu_HimuraMar 28, 2016 10:37 AM

Between You And Me The Only Difference Is The Darkness Inside You're Heart, Soul And Mind~
Mar 28, 2016 10:36 AM
Jun 2013
Awesome second season! gotta make S3!
Mar 28, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2015
Actrion said:
Best sport anime: 1. Hajime no Ippo, 2. Diamond no Ace, 3. Haikyuu!. Well deserved place in TOP3. Can't wait for Nationals to be animated.

Ya although Haikyuu is a little higher in my ranking.

And another great show comes to an end. This was a good sports anime.
Inugirlz said:
SHOGUN GA NAITA!!!! T-T

I need a 3rd season ASAP.
Barion-Zara said:

OMG that needed to be animated.

That's frigging nice. Wish they did that in the anime.

Looks like we'll have to wait a long time for Season 3.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 28, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
Actrion said:

hah.. pleb

1. SlamDunk
2. Eyeshield 21
3, Major
Mar 28, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2008
All dem feels.
It was amongst the few i was looking forward every week.
Going to miss it, for sure.
Mar 28, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2012
Holy shit Coach Kataoka crying nearly made me cry.

Overall I think S1 was better.From the very beginning of this season it was pretty obvious they would face Yakushi at the finals and win and head to Koshien,this made the matches prior less engaging imo because it lost it's unpredictable factor that it had in S1.

Throughout this whole season I was mainly looking forward to the Koshien matches set after this so I was pretty bummed when this turned out to be only 51 episodes (even more so finding out this marks the end of Act I and that it'll likely be years before next season when Act II has enough material).

This was still a good series though (7/10),but like I said already I thought S1 was better (9/10).
Mar 28, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
That was an incredibly satisfying finish. Coach Kataoka crying was really unexpected and caught me off guard... the feels...

Either way, can't wait for season 3. This has been a good run.
Mar 28, 2016 12:50 PM
Nov 2012
All good things must come to an end :( The end sure got me scared when they showed Ochiai, thought Kataoka left. I'm glad Ochiai stayed at Seido, he's a good coach and part of the reason why Seido succeded.

Well, I think it's time to read the sequel manga, and of course wait for the third season.
Vanquish7Mar 28, 2016 12:56 PM
Mar 28, 2016 1:06 PM

May 2013
So sad i followed this series for 805 days now its over nooooo
9/10 great anime
MercuriMar 29, 2016 2:08 AM
Mar 28, 2016 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
Wow, just how long has it been since I picked it up from the very beginning. Words can't even describe how much of a gaping hole it will leave. Mondays will not be the same without DnA.

Hopefully a sequel comes along later down the road.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

50 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2015

35 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2015

47 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2015

55 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

85 by nnagi »»
Sep 21, 2023 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.