Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2015 7:40 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HOT DAMN, if this doesn't confirm a new movie I don't know what will. That mask Sayaka, Black Swan Madoka, Homura losing the ribbon, that creature (wtf) coming out of EARTH!!!! HYPE too much
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Dec 8, 2015 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Confirmed that this movie is the "core of a new project" http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-08/madoka-magica-concept-movie-will-be-core-of-new-project/.96224

After seeing this concept movie, i am so hyped for Madoka. I never realized how badly I needed more Madoka in my life before I saw this.
Dec 8, 2015 12:20 AM

Nov 2015
so they're going to rip off tutu this time?
Dec 8, 2015 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
the fuck bro lol
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 8, 2015 1:53 AM

Sep 2013
Well, that was interesting enough. I'm kind of hyped for more
Dec 8, 2015 2:01 AM

Mar 2013
"This anime has not been approved yet."
Not again MAL

Edit: Finally two months later I can add it to my list.
EvenJellyOnFeb 5, 2016 1:31 PM
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Dec 8, 2015 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
perje said:
I'm going out on a limb and saying you haven't actually watched the concept movie... :P

It's very interesting to say the least. Not exactly the most optimal viewing experience when just watching a recording from some guy's phone or what have you, but there was definitely a lot here, and shows potential for big things whenever the real film/series comes around.

The most surprising thing to me is that it really looks like Hitomi might have a relatively major role compared to her scene in Rebellion. And then of course Mami's epicness near the end!! <3
Dec 8, 2015 5:22 AM

Nov 2014
What the fuck was up with Mami

Can't fucking wait, my tiddies

Dec 8, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
perje said:
Maybe we'll finally get a good Tutu anime then.
Dec 8, 2015 7:21 AM

May 2014
I'm literally bursting with excitement oh my god yess

"是不為也,非不能也"
𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉
Dec 8, 2015 8:53 AM

Jul 2015
So I guess we'll have to wait a long time until they finally release the movie...how do they expect me to live this way? :(
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Dec 9, 2015 2:18 AM

Jan 2012
OMG! I cannot wait to watch this! it looks so amazing and I cannot wait to see Mami again! :D :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2015 9:13 PM
Oct 2013
I am so excited. I couldn't soothe the hype... Anyway, was it a series? Not a movie? I mean, obviously the title of this discussion said Episode 1. I missed something, hadn't I? Anyway, the prominent (intriguing) things that had appeared on the concept trailer was of course, the spaceship-like thing that sticks out from the earth, it resembled Charlotte in her second form, apparently. Let's not talk about it, there's the random statue head that ominously looked like Mami's head...

I realized that Homura didn't have her devil earring, what could that mean? Dialogues provided confirmation that this is post-Rebellion, i think. Now, an interesting information about the earring (the purple gem that dangles on the salamander's tail) is some kind of a holster for the "piece" of the LoC that Homura took, the power of LoC. So? Think about it... And can we talk about Homura's fabulous claps? No? Mmkay...

Mami is a battle/war god, they said... Guan Yu, they compared. That is so fucking powerful, damn hell, Mami gonna shine in here! As compensation for the lack of awesomeness throughout the series and movie-sequel. AND SHIZUKI FREAKING HITOMI!! A new role for her, along with Nagisa. But am more curious at Hitomi. Was she talking about magic in general or... she personally "knew/knows" magic. Why am I scared about the idea that Hitomi might do something major? Brr...

Omg. omg. omg. I pray for its success. I can't fucking wait, we're gonna wait for 2016 to come then... idk. //squeals ...AHHHHHH!!!
Dec 9, 2015 9:54 PM

Jul 2015
Ikii said:
I am so excited. I couldn't soothe the hype... Anyway, was it a series? Not a movie? I mean, obviously the title of this discussion said Episode 1. I missed something, hadn't I?

That's just how MAL's discussion thread formatting works. It was just a single 4 minute video, so no you probably didn't miss anything. No worries~

Ikii said:
AND SHIZUKI FREAKING HITOMI!! A new role for her, along with Nagisa. But am more curious at Hitomi. Was she talking about magic in general or... she personally "knew/knows" magic. Why am I scared about the idea that Hitomi might do something major? Brr...

This is definitely one of the things I'm the most excited about. Both Hitomi and Nagisa got very little time in the spotlight, so seeing a more major role for Hitomi and a bit more information about Nagisa is going to be amazing! My hope is that we'll get enough development for both of them that I will start seeing Hitomi as just important of a friend to Madoka and Sayaka as they are to each other, and that Nagisa is on par with the other girls to the point of considering them a Sextet instead of a Quintet.
Dec 9, 2015 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't think I wanted this... but now... now that it's coming, I need it lol. I'm holding off complete excitement until I see if urobutcher is the scriptwriter and shinobu is the director. Also hoping for the return of claris and kajiura for the music.
Dec 12, 2015 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely excited for Movie 4 or whatever the outcome will be, although trying to add this to my Completed list gives me a "This Anime has not been approved yet" message. Strange when the page for it is up.

Anyway! I wouldn't mind if Movie 4 is as artsy as the Utena movie (assuming this concept film is anything to go by!), as long as it's not as uh crazy (lol).
Dec 23, 2015 3:38 AM

Feb 2010
Joekstar said:
perje said:

Seeing this, i really want to see Tutu animated again.
Anyway back to the topic, this seems really interesting can't wait to watch it! i want to see how much dark twist will surprise me :>

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 28, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2012
I just got to ask, where did you manage to watch it? I'm trying to find it since 2 hours and I'm slowly giving up hope ;-;
Dec 30, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
TheBlackAbyss said:
I just got to ask, where did you manage to watch it? I'm trying to find it since 2 hours and I'm slowly giving up hope ;-;

I believe it keeps getting removed from sites like Youtube and such, but I downloaded it when I had the chance a while ago. Uploaded it to my dropbox if you're still curious about it.
I'll send you a message with the link to it, as well as anyone else who wants to watch it but can't find it. Don't want to make the link public just in case...
Jan 5, 2016 7:30 AM

Aug 2014
Mystifire said:
TheBlackAbyss said:

I believe it keeps getting removed from sites like Youtube and such, but I downloaded it when I had the chance a while ago. Uploaded it to my dropbox if you're still curious about it.
I'll send you a message with the link to it, as well as anyone else who wants to watch it but can't find it. Don't want to make the link public just in case...

Could you also send me that link please?
Jan 5, 2016 5:05 PM

Jan 2015
Why do I not find this episode?
Jan 7, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Cause it only aired as a private screening at the Madogatari event in Japan a little while back. All that exists of it online is a camrip someone took but it keeps getting removed whenever it's uploaded. I have it up in my dropbox if you would like me to send you a link to it.
Jan 7, 2016 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Anyone have a clue about the date the official trailer is gonna be available? Although I've already seen it, the audio and image quality is pretty bad...not to mention the fact that at some points we can't even see the whole thing (like that moment when a portion of Oktavia appears).
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 17, 2016 4:45 AM
Jan 2016
Hey guys, where can i watch this ''movie''?

I don't seem to find it anywhere
Jan 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
DiogoCoelho said:
Hey guys, where can i watch this ''movie''?

I don't seem to find it anywhere

It's currently on Youtube, just search: "madoka concept movie", it will be the first video, with spanish subs. The quality is pretty bad, but it's the only available version!
Jan 18, 2016 12:09 PM
Jan 2016
Kilari59 said:

It's currently on Youtube, just search: "madoka concept movie", it will be the first video, with spanish subs. The quality is pretty bad, but it's the only available version!

Just saw it, Hype Me Up!
Feb 2, 2016 9:08 PM
Nov 2014
OMG!...So now Madoka Magica is going to plagiarize Princess Tutu?...Well this is going to be a very bad sequel...like Rebellion.
Feb 3, 2016 9:39 AM

Jan 2015
Mystifire said:
Xenocrisi said:

Cause it only aired as a private screening at the Madogatari event in Japan a little while back. All that exists of it online is a camrip someone took but it keeps getting removed whenever it's uploaded. I have it up in my dropbox if you would like me to send you a link to it.

Oooh yes please!!
Feb 16, 2016 2:29 AM

Jan 2015
I really want to rewatch the series but I want the fourth movie/second season to have a release date first.
Feb 16, 2016 3:05 PM
Feb 2015
I was hoping they would give a release date or something after the Madogatari event ended in Japan, but nope... :( The suspense is too much!
Feb 16, 2016 10:00 PM

May 2012
the cash grab game is too stronk... and i like how obvious it is that the new maduka design is a total rip off of princess tutu... creativity at its finest
Feb 17, 2016 7:47 AM
Feb 2015
frequency15k said:
the cash grab game is too stronk... and i like how obvious it is that the new maduka design is a total rip off of princess tutu... creativity at its finest

Just because it references another anime doesn't mean it is ripping it off. The original Madoka series is based off of Faust. Does that mean it ripped off Faust? No. It referenced it and used elements of it that were similar to tell a different and new story. But I don' get how people see Madoka in a ballerina outfit and are immediately like "OMG RIP OFF RIP OFF". Like wtf, I don't get that logic... It's like saying : Madoka Magica has magical girls therefore it is a rip off of sailor moon. After princess tutu, no other anime can have ballerinas in it? Is that what it is?
Feb 17, 2016 9:51 AM

May 2012
CavemanStyle said:
frequency15k said:

Just because it references another anime doesn't mean it is ripping it off. The original Madoka series is based off of Faust. Does that mean it ripped off Faust? No. It referenced it and used elements of it that were similar to tell a different and new story. But I don' get how people see Madoka in a ballerina outfit and are immediately like "OMG RIP OFF RIP OFF". Like wtf, I don't get that logic... It's like saying : Madoka Magica has magical girls therefore it is a rip off of sailor moon. After princess tutu, no other anime can have ballerinas in it? Is that what it is?

*salty 11/10 for everything fanboy detected*

what i meant was that the new maduka design looks literally identical to princess tutu... look at the 2 side by side and tell me its not a rip off lol
Feb 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2015
frequency15k said:

Is it really a problem?
Feb 19, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2012
Xenocrisi said:
frequency15k said:

Is it really a problem?

it most certainly is
Feb 28, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2014

Shaft in a nutshell
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 28, 2016 7:44 PM

Jul 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Shaft in a nutshell

Cool joke. Good job.
Feb 28, 2016 11:36 PM

Mar 2014
Mystifire said:
Comic_Sans said:

Shaft in a nutshell

Cool joke. Good job.
I agree completely
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 29, 2016 1:42 AM
Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Shaft in a nutshell

Ayyyyyyyyyyy lmao.
Mar 11, 2016 3:50 AM

Jan 2013
I'm definitely excited.
Mar 17, 2016 5:53 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Joekstar said:
perje said:

My thoughts exactly.

On a side note: super excited for this.
-renn-Mar 17, 2016 5:58 AM
May 15, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
I kinda enjoy this thread.

Starts off with fans going nuts with excitement then the trolls showed up really late to the party to try and cause drama and failed hard. Love it.

All in all, interesting enough trailer. Hope Mami kicks real ass and it looks like in this movie she might have a chance to.
May 21, 2016 1:16 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Looks pretty awesome. Looking forward to feeling more depressed from this franchise.
Jun 28, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Meh, I didn't really like the show itself that much, but I'll probably watch this anyway.

2/5
D-ohnutsJul 6, 2016 7:59 AM
Sep 10, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2014
LoL ignore the guy above, please.
Sep 27, 2016 2:42 AM

Feb 2013
Cool dance.
Nothing special really.
Sep 27, 2016 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
It makes sense for it to be a Movie 4, but there's so much content revealed that it HAS to be a S2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 6:26 PM

Aug 2013
I can only hope Mami has a larger role than Kyouko and Sayaka at least this time. Hopefully a bit more equal to the others. I don't care how meh this movie will be. It has Mami, and if they do her well, I'll give them a few points up for it.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Nov 27, 2016 10:32 PM

Jan 2016
Finally saw the blu ray rip. I think this movie should be taken with a bit of salt, it's very possible none of this stuff will be in the final product since it's just an elaborate proof of concept. With that being said, there was definitely a Satori Wraith fighting Sayaka in witch form as well as some concept art of some of the various wraith forms, and it would make sense for them to be back in the world where wraiths exist instead of witches. Pretty exciting personally, I'm intrigued by that world and thought that was where Rebellion would be set, so I'm hyped to see more.

It's also interesting that they said Mami would be a "God of battle" or whatever in this new project, we have already seen a god and a demon, maybe all of the magical girls can power up like that. Maybe Mami will go super saiyan, she's already halfway there with the blond hair...
Nov 28, 2016 7:34 AM
Nov 2014
We need a movie soon. Dying over here waiting T.T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Madoka Magica Concept Movie Trailer

Cappuchino - Oct 28, 2016

15 by NatalieGoodman »»
May 16, 2021 6:44 PM

» Is this a hint at what's coming in the new Walpurgis no Kaiten movie?

MakkuroKemuri - Apr 26, 2021

2 by MakkuroKemuri »»
Apr 26, 2021 6:47 AM

» Concept movie release date?

Madoka_mi - Dec 5, 2016

2 by Ryoketsu »»
Oct 17, 2019 6:20 AM

» Why MAL not include it as one of upcoimg anime

akemikou - Dec 2, 2016

0 by akemikou »»
Dec 2, 2016 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.