Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2016 9:03 PM
Jul 2014
Amazing episode. Also is it just me or did the art style seem different this episode?
Feb 11, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
That manager pisses me off...At least he gave Satoru an out so he could escape, but then again his own selfish reasons were there. lol Keep trying to get Airi's good books.

Looks like it'll be another 'revival' next week! I hope Satoru can pull it off this time around :/
Feb 11, 2016 9:09 PM

Jul 2009
Saeba_D_Guyver said:
Inugirlz said:
...this episode basically confirms that she really did divorce her husband over a chocolate bar. You mean to tell me that if only you believed him over the chocolate you'd still be together? OVER CHOCOLATE?

But... but chocolate is life...

Truly.

(which is why blaming chocolate is wrong!)
Feb 11, 2016 9:10 PM

May 2015
RyugamiKuroryu said:
PalpableDespair5 said:
It's almost confirmed that the Teacher is the murderer at this point for 3 reasons.

1.) His conversation with Satoru in regards to getting in contact with child services to help Hinazuki was at the very least, a partial lie(child services do not take nearly a year to act on a possible case of abuse).

2.) The teacher has nearly the same facial/bodily build as the murderer from what we've seen thus far.

3.) This episode confirmed that the murderer had to have known the detail of Hiromi being a boy. From the suspects shown at this point, the teacher is the most likely to know such a detail.

The teacher does seems the most suspect at this point, and that's exactly why I don't think it's him. Also, don't you think the suspect looks too young? The teacher was, if I'm not mistaken, about the same age as Fujinuma, 29, 20 years ago. So now he'd be around 49. The murderer didn't seemed that old at all to me...

The age argument doesn't work in this situation since Satoru's mom was 52 and looks almost the same as she did 18 years ago.

Feb 11, 2016 9:13 PM

Feb 2010
Another nice episode, i don't feel anything towards that manager in manga but in here he pisses me off... lol, style & animation are going down compared to the last but.. still a solid episode

Airi's blush is dem cute.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Feb 11, 2016 9:18 PM

Dec 2013
RainyDayLover said:
That manager pisses me off...At least he gave Satoru an out so he could escape, but then again his own selfish reasons were there. lol Keep trying to get Airi's good books.

I thought he was only joking when he said that he wanted all of the credit.
Feb 11, 2016 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the next week. I want a new episode so bad.
Feb 11, 2016 9:23 PM

Nov 2014
[quote=PalpableDespair5 message=44699586]
RyugamiKuroryu said:
PalpableDespair5 said:
It's almost confirmed that the Teacher is the murderer at this point for 3 reasons.

1.) His conversation with Satoru in regards to getting in contact

The age argument doesn't work in this situation since Satoru's mom was 52 and looks almost the same as she did 18 years ago.

Yeah, and everyone sees it as an odd thing, wich means it's a particular trait of her and most of people ages "normally". So age argument still applies. Though, of course, peopple appearence can differ of their ages even in real life (my mother is one of these cases), so he can jus look younger than he is, it's a possibility, but not the most probable...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2016 9:32 PM
Jul 2015
Well I'm hyped for next episode.
I still can't understand killer's motive but I liked his grin at the end.

also i can't understand why mothers in this show are so awesome except for kayo's mom.
I definitely enjoyed this show up to now.
Feb 11, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2014
Okay, so he now has all this information. The scene at the end indicated he triggered another jump back in time. The question is how far back is he going to jump and will he try to go to the other city to investigate? I'm loving the use of the butterfly for the butterfly effect. I think his story about the grim reaper is going to play a part in how this ends.
Feb 11, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2015
Dat ending doe..........

Also every time I see that butterfly I think of Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly... (anybody else?... no?... ok just me =[ )
Feb 11, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2007
ExTamplier said:
Tamamitsune said:

The amount of cringe I get from reading your posts about erased, sure it's obviously your opinion and our opinion on how good the show is, but you gave fate/zero s1 a 7 and s2 a 6, you also gave sao a 6.
Are you a troll? Trying to tell me Fate/Zero is on the level of the garbage called sword art online? The fact that you even put fate/stay night higher than fate/zero makes my brains hurt. From now on I'll just consider you as a troll whenever you talk about erased. also you seem to giving high scores to a LOT of hype shows which is ironic but to each their own
Some one gives Fate/Zero less than 10? omg.

I feel like someone is standing behind me screaming "GUILTY!" Besides what does some hype show I saw 4 years ago that I didn't really like the ending of have to do with anything. If MAL thinks I care much about its hype politics better think again. As far as I recall I never even brought it up so I'm not trying to tell anybody much of anything about it.
Feb 11, 2016 10:07 PM
Jan 2016
Pupapupa said:
Also is it just me or did the art style seem different this episode?

The art style was the same, it's the the protagonist's character design that different.

G_Spark233 said:

It could be, but the way he said it was a bit sinister.
Feb 11, 2016 10:24 PM
May 2014
Really loving this anime so far though this episode seemed a bit lackluster compared to the earlier few. Scene b/t Aiiri and Satoru left much to be desired.
Feb 11, 2016 10:26 PM
Jan 2016
Thankgod Airi is save.But our hero has been captured -.- .But time leap may happen becoz of the butterfly.overall another great episode .

Feb 11, 2016 10:37 PM

Dec 2014
DaylightDream said:
ibraheem234 said:
ok so he sees the culprit at the end scene. The question here is that whether he recognises him or not
Judging by the look on his face I think he does know. However, let's say that's not the case and he doesn't know. It probably won't take him long to figure out the killer's identity now that he's seen his face.

At the very least Satoru can be reassured that Jun (his friend in jail) is actually innocent of the crime against Hinazuki. You know what, I just got a thought. Since Satoru's going to jail it would be amazing if he could end up meeting Jun again and possibly getting more information about the killer that way.

I agree and will he fix it all by having again a rewind and save hinasuki too.. We will know in the upcoming episodes
Feb 11, 2016 10:38 PM

Dec 2013
G_Spark233 said:

It could be, but the way he said it was a bit sinister.[/quote]
Really? How so?
Feb 11, 2016 10:44 PM
Jan 2016
G_Spark233 said:
Really? How so?

Just watch the scene again. The way he looked at Satoru & Satoru did not smile/show any happy expression for me is enough indications that the manager did not say that in a joking way.
AServantFeb 11, 2016 10:47 PM
Feb 11, 2016 10:46 PM
Oct 2015
That ending thou

Iim glad that Airi was allright, she was a good girl.

Satoru is so fucked up damn. And yes another Revival, you better make things right this time Satoru.
Feb 11, 2016 10:48 PM

Feb 2014
TheServant said:
G_Spark233 said:
Really? How so?

Just watch the scene again. The way he looked at Satoru & Satoru did not smile/show any happy expression for me is enough indications that the manager did not say that in a joking way.

Also considering his past behavior towards Airi and Satoru it wouldn't surprise me if he really did mean it

But interpret it how you will :)
Feb 11, 2016 10:51 PM
Jan 2015
definitely enjoyed it more than the 5th episode
Feb 11, 2016 10:54 PM

Aug 2015
I have a feeling that it is Gur...I mean the teacher
man this anime just keeps getting better!
Feb 11, 2016 10:57 PM

Sep 2015
I enjoyed this episode. Glad to see Airi is all right, will be interested to see where it time skips in the next episode. Hopefully seeing the killer can give him a strategy to keep Hinazuki alive. A question for the people who have read the manga is another 6 episodes going to be enough to cover the story or do you think we will get a 2nd season of this show? Right now we are half way through the show but it seems that there will still be a lot of story to cover.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 11, 2016 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
I honestly can't believe people are still bringing up the chocolate bar.
Sorry to break up your dreams of actually having a person leave someone over a CHOCOLATE BAR, but it wasn't the freaking chocolate bar that broke them apart. It was the accusation and the act of stealing itself. I mean stealing is committing a crime which against the morals of the public. I'm assuming her mom thought of reputation, or all these things that accompany crime over her husband's integrity and believed her husband was actually a thief. The fact that it was a chocolate bar is completely ridiculous, but it goes to show how even being accused of a "small" crime can really have such a negative effect on people's lives. People don't even trust one another over the smallest things.

Anywayyys, back to the episode...freaking I still have my suspicions the killer is the freaking teacher. There is STILL not evidence, but people bringing up how the killer knew one of the victims was a guy further added to my suspicions. The killer is someone in Satoru's past who would have known this fact. It's someone who is good at hiding the evidence and blaming others. Someone who tries to gain the trust of the children, succeed, and is able to work behind the scenes. I think a teacher would be a PERFECT role to have in all this since he is able to have access to SOOOOO many resources and commit these crimes. Honestly, the most disgusting part about the killer is not only that he murders children, but puts the blame on innocent people. That's absolutely disgusting. This episode just reaffirmed that belief and makes me really hope he gets found out, that sly sneaky bastard.

Although...it is suspicious how the "killer" does not have a name that matches anyone Satoru read on the list. Freaking...this killer is good. But I swear he will slip. He seems to be enjoying himself but that could be his ultimate downfall. Won't be laughing for long. Satoru's got this convenient power LOL so yeah he gets MANY chances to show your guilty ass.
EarlCielFeb 11, 2016 11:04 PM
Feb 11, 2016 10:58 PM

Apr 2012
Satoru's manga sounds interesting, I want to read it.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Feb 11, 2016 10:59 PM

Sep 2015
RainyDayLover said:
TheServant said:

Also considering his past behavior towards Airi and Satoru it wouldn't surprise me if he really did mean it

But interpret it how you will :)

Not to mention he did get all the credit in the papers. That would increase the publicity of his business. I think the manager was serious as well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 11, 2016 11:01 PM
Jan 2016
RainyDayLover said:

Indeed. He's like that one wimpy character who works with the bad guy, not exactly a bad person but too wimpy/weak to say no to the bad guy.
Feb 11, 2016 11:04 PM

Nov 2012
great episode. the whole scene where satoru is arrested was quite breathtaking, especially the scene where he sees the real killer and everything goes in slow-motion. and airi keeps on being reckless, but satoru can be glad to have someone like her who believes in him after all that happened.
Feb 11, 2016 11:05 PM

Feb 2010
TheServant said:
RainyDayLover said:

Indeed. He's like that one wimpy character who works with the bad guy, not exactly a bad person but too wimpy/weak to say no to the bad guy.

I swear the man is a freaking stalker too. He teleported in Airi's house and he's her freaking manager, not father or whatever. He freaking knows where she lives. Can't be trusted at all.
Feb 11, 2016 11:26 PM

Dec 2013
TheServant said:
G_Spark233 said:
Really? How so?

His face was completely covered.
Feb 11, 2016 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
aikaflip said:
I wish I'd paid more attention to people's names in the previous episodes. I didn't know half of the people that were being listed off. Aside from that confusion, it was another riveting episode. I really can't wait to see how this all turns out.

5/5

Only Jun is what we would recognize anyways. You didn't miss anything and they intentionally didn't show us the "old" list of suspects. The real suspects that we have now are the teacher and the circle of friends Satoru has when he was younger.

Great episode. Loving the dynamics with Airi and Satoru. Definitely quite fun to watch.
Feb 11, 2016 11:30 PM
Jan 2016
G_Spark233 said:

His eyes were not covered though.
Feb 11, 2016 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
Believing in people can be your strong point, or your biggest weakness.

It’s so heartwarming to see Airi’s mom on her side. Her aunt and uncle were exceptionally creepy. It makes sense though, Air’s mom doesn’t want to make another mistake of disbelieving someone she loves, and possibly losing them. That’s crazy that she would set herself up as a decoy to meet Satoru though! What's her plan?

Satoru’s manga would be pretty cool too – oh wait, it’s just a twist on the story of this show from his perspective. Is he really the grim reaper? Fortunately Airi is there to set him straight. It’s all subjective, when all the reaper cares about is the things that go wrong. Sometimes you just can’t fix everything.

The blue butterfly appears though, and I’d bet we’re heading back in time once more!
Feb 12, 2016 12:37 AM

Dec 2015
Again, the anime makes a character appear dumber than he should. But I won't complain about a little thing like this if it allows to shrink the quasi-full story in 12episodes.
If someone writes about the character design, it is still an improvement on the original drawings. (the manga story is fine, its art is not)

hm2p33 said:
I wonder who the criminal is? And why he do all this? ERASED continues to amaze me every week. The temptation to read the manga is strong now.

You really can't find him? As easy it can be to guess roughly in the manga, there is no place for doubt since the 2nd or 3rd episode of the anime, "thanks" to the more than obvious directorial choices. They decided to throw the guy's identity to the public face several times, without some needed delicacy. I suppose it was done to speed the anime up due to the lengths constraint.

Kundalini said:
Hiromi also died :/ I still find that blond kid suspicious

Any kid whose thinking seems to be higher than his age can look suspicious to others. Time-travelling Satoru is in the same case (from other characters points-of-view)
Feb 12, 2016 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
It was thrilling. I wonder what the journalist and the Airi's mother are talking about.
Feb 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Nov 2015
uuuuuuh, 20 minutes went over like a flash(ok. not really). The ending with Satoru and the killer in slow motion though, that looked cool. So either Satoru will go back to the past or we'll see his experience in jail. I say its the former.
Feb 12, 2016 1:02 AM

May 2015
wooshh this ep end so fast asf
after this i'm predict satoru will be with airi in the end, correct me if i'm wrong
Feb 12, 2016 1:04 AM
Oct 2013
TheServant said:
G_Spark233 said:

His eyes were not covered though.

I don't think he's joking either with that look. Anyway I didn't notice this until I took the snapshot but what happened to his face? Is that when Airi punched him?
Feb 12, 2016 1:21 AM
Jan 2016
SigOpram said:
I don't think he's joking either with that look. Anyway I didn't notice this until I took the snapshot but what happened to his face? Is that when Airi punched him?

And the way he said it too was pretty clear that he's serious.
Yeah, it's probably because of her punch.
Feb 12, 2016 1:45 AM

Nov 2007
The last 2 episodes had a considerable decline in story but the rating here in MAL seems to have gone up for some reason. But we are just half way through so chances are the quality will pick up back again.

Anyways, now that we know the identity of the murderer, I am more interested to see how they are going to solve it. The person I am saddest for is Shiratori tbh. Spending 18 years behind bars for crimes he never committed.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2016 1:52 AM

Aug 2013
1idd0kun said:
I just noticed a translation fuck-up. Satoru did not tell Airi he was glad to meet her that day. He said he was glad to have met her. That's part of the reason she blushed. He wasn't just saying he's glad to see her. He's saying he's truly glad to have MET her, suggesting that he's started to view her as someone important in his life.

Of course translation is bad, as always. What are you expecting from 'murican company? They are always changing meanings and contexts, they know better than produces what characters should say [/irony]. It's just bad, and the saddest part is that fansubs are almost dead bacause of CR and Funi.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 12, 2016 1:56 AM

Dec 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ExTamplier said:
Some one gives Fate/Zero less than 10? omg.

I feel like someone is standing behind me screaming "GUILTY!" Besides what does some hype show I saw 4 years ago that I didn't really like the ending of have to do with anything. If MAL thinks I care much about its hype politics better think again. As far as I recall I never even brought it up so I'm not trying to tell anybody much of anything about it.

Dude you are bashing the show and people that are genuinely enjoying it when it is a great show. Even if its decent which it would be to most viewers, you just seem to be bashing it for the sake of it being hyped. In fact, you are actively part of the hype as any others with opposite hype reactions as you -_-.[quote=TonyTheme message=44699454][quote=Sokah message=44699249]The plane and his situation share no parallels. It isn't symbolic of his situation. Nor does the plane offer anything to the scene since his manga description is already symbolism.

Dude, he was talking about Airi when he mentioned drawing people in and getting them hurt (which is why she mentions she's unhurt). Airi also specifically points out the story is meant to parallel Satoru's situation, which he confirms. Now you're outright dismissing dialogue? The point was he had a warped perspective because of his own hang ups. The plane not offering anything noteworthy to the scene, which I said myself, has nothing to do with the meaning of its inclusion. It wasn't really a necessary element to drive home the point, it was almost cheap.

I'm stopping here because this is stupid.

@ Tony Theme
The inclusion of the plane scene is a direct parallel to Yuuki. He builds and makes planes and helps Satoru makes his planes better. Yuuki is also involved with younger kids, but not on a perverted level, but because he is a genuinely lonely and simple guy. He is a known lolicon though, but that was used to drive the stake further into him being guilty. What he is doing with the kids is actually innocent play and no perversion is show from it in the manga or anime.
When Satoru helps the boys with the plane in the park in his scene, he is seen by adults as weird or something wrong is up. It draws a direct parallel to Yuuki. Also the fact that our MC is genuinely alone (even though some people are helping him). It just further parallels that the killer can make people to look the way he wants to them be viewed in Yuuki's scene even though they are innocent. Satoru helping the kids was a completely pure intention as well, the same with all his other actions, but the killer has framed him in a different way then Yuuki. I believe the scene to be completely necessary. The part where the adults were like that is weird was kind of annoying, but I get why they did it. They should have made the wording or dialogue between the 2 women better instead of coming off of 2 nosey hags that are up in people's business. If you think the plane comparison is dumb then it went completely over your head of the parallels they are trying to draw what happened in the late 80s with yuuki and what is happening now with Satoru. Complete isolation and being framed (both in different ways).

Unrelated to the above posts: The chocolate thing still cracks me up. Like his wife must be a total bitch. Who would want her as a mom for divorcing their dad over chocolate that he didn't even steal... like really? You can't have more faith in your husband and also people make mistakes its not like she is miss perfect and probably did something equal to stealing a piece of chocolate. This theme always comes up in anime about Japanese freaking out about little things or always blaming the victim. It makes me think is this just a common plot device in anime or is the japanese just ass-backwards when it comes to this. They are suppposed to be a group-based culture that is very community driven, but some issues it seems they are culturally dissonant on when it comes to their culture or they just act plain stupid sometimes. I hope it really just is something that happens in anime, I would hate to think that for such an advanced culture they would really be that dumb to always fall for little things like this.
Feb 12, 2016 2:00 AM

Nov 2007
rsc-pl said:
1idd0kun said:
I just noticed a translation fuck-up. Satoru did not tell Airi he was glad to meet her that day. He said he was glad to have met her. That's part of the reason she blushed. He wasn't just saying he's glad to see her. He's saying he's truly glad to have MET her, suggesting that he's started to view her as someone important in his life.

Of course translation is bad, as always. What are you expecting from 'murican company? They are always changing meanings and contexts, they know better than produces what characters should say [/irony]. It's just bad, and the saddest part is that fansubs are almost dead bacause of CR and Funi.

I was sure I read "Airi, I am glad to have met you." until I saw this post lol. What a major f*ck-up. Good thing that my mind subconsciously translated the wrong translation correctly. Reminds me of Hibike Euphonium f*ck-up when Taki-sensei became famous instead of his father thanks to bad translation.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2016 3:00 AM

Jan 2015
This series is very good but also overrated.
Feb 12, 2016 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
I prefer the past episodes :(
Feb 12, 2016 4:19 AM

Apr 2015
Damn, I'm so pissed that I have to wait for another week just to see the continuation (>_<)
Isn't it his school teacher btw? He really did look like him...
Feb 12, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
A-list_96 said:
This series is very good but also overrated.

Well, this is probably true, because the show is not as fast-paced as the majority of voters might think. Still, it's really good and original imo^^
Feb 12, 2016 4:31 AM

Jan 2015
Omg that ending was so intense. Back to 1988 again in the next episode perhaps?
Feb 12, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2015
reireinatto said:

It's just me... or you guys also think that by the pace the will have a different end than the manga... maybe before "that" happens
Feb 12, 2016 5:13 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
pablomc said:
reireinatto said:

It's just me... or you guys also think that by the pace the will have a different end than the manga... maybe before "that" happens

It will have the same ending then the manga version. That was at least proclaimed.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1416 by Shubhammk21 »»
Yesterday, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1114 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

905 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

504 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

586 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 9:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.