Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2016 12:51 PM

May 2012
HOLY SHIT DAT ENDING!

Damn every week I'm like there is no way they can top that, but every time they prove me wrong.

This episode was amazing. Got to find out a little bit more stuff about the past, thanks to his mom friend. I didn't know that Sugita was really a boy, but thanks to that the killer got away. Must say whoever the killer is, is a fucking genius.

Damn nearly teared up when Satoru got arrested, and Airi was crying. Dat ending was crazy. I mean the killer is right there! Also loved the visuals at that moment.

Also the blue butterfly is back, so I guess this means he is going back in time? Man I really think the teacher did it at this point. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was him (maybe).

Man I can't wait for next Thursday.
AntearionFeb 11, 2016 12:58 PM
Feb 11, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
another awesome episode, honestly i can tell all the 12 episodes are gonna be awesome and a masterpiece. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
so satoru gets arrested (゚´Д`゚)゚
didn't anyone notice anything when airi said "are you stupid? (bakanano?)" ⊙﹏⊙
i somewhere read someone saying (well, he made up a theory) that airi is somehow related to hinazuki or maybe she's reincarnated or something, i don't think it is but well, with satoru's reaction when she said that was kinda fishy but it's probably because i read that theory.
ah, that paper is his pocket mystery is solved so it was that guy's number, looks like there's someone who is gonna ACTUALLY help satoru (besides airi)
damn that ending, i am sure we all were "OHHH MY GODDDDD PAUDSIADJASD (╯°□°)┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)" when it went black and white and slow motion
it looks like teacher but i don't want to think it's the teacher because why is it so obvious? i mean it does "look" like him but i don't want think because it's too obvious, ok i'm over-thinking it ((o(;△;)o))
LauraBirdie said:
WTF @ those adult ladies asking each other what an adult is doing there

Paulo27 said:
Probably the parents of the kids he was talking to. You'd be kind of on guard too if some random adult just walked up and started talking to your kids all of a sudden.

quite frankly, i don't think that's it. they didn't look related at all (the parents and the kids)
i was like ".. really now? why do you even need to care and say it so loud that he can hear it?" when they asked each other, i am a little mad at it
removed-userFeb 11, 2016 12:56 PM
Feb 11, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
This epsiode was as good as ever

Feb 11, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
Sokah said:
Comic_Sans said:

Last week they translated "tsundere" as "bipolar" in AssClass S2 and now this

Well that is potentially legitimate way of translating it. One of those things is just a fake anime construct and one of them is a real thing. Hint, I've met people that have bipolar.
Yeah, I've also met bipolar people, I know what they are like, but I still don't see tsundere and bipolar as synonyms so I would have preferred if they had just said "tsundere" (kind of like the Swedish word "fika" and the English word "coffee break", except that tsundere and bipolar are even more different)
Comic_SansFeb 11, 2016 1:04 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 11, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
Paulo27 said:
Really ladies? What are YOU doing here? What the hell is this even supposed to mean?

The ladies are simply on a walk in the park with a child which is not strange at all. But it's a standard that adult men are in work during that time of day, so seeing one in the park is odd. Moreover he's interacting with kids who don't have parents there, so they are being a little paranoid and assuming his pedo.

I can't wait to see the next episode, I hope he goes back and saves Kayo. I wonder how that will change the future though. It can practically change his life completely. Hmm.
nameaFeb 11, 2016 1:02 PM
Feb 11, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
He saw the face of the killer :X Once .... If he's able to go back in time and meet him again if I remember correct at the crossroads he'll be able to finally close the serial kidnapping murders once and for all.
Feb 11, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
This was quite intense, the tension took episode account at various times, but I also quite liked the relationship that Satoru and Airi are developing, the confidence that they're demonstrating to each other has a sense of relief in the midst of all this tension, and the highlight of the episode was to see the final scene freezing and then the blue butterfly flying, I'll be very anxious waiting for the next episode ..
Feb 11, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
I woke up at 3 a.m. just to watch this eps and I did not regret it.

That cliffhanger tho....
Feb 11, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
An improvement over last week, but I still can't say this was a complete return to form for the series. Returning to the past should make things exciting again, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 11, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2011
hayka said:
KlapKlap said:

Well, thinking about all the timeline high five options the time travel have to offer in the kind of sense of oblivion and liquor Stores... there might be a possibility of not complete understanding of the concept of the time travel of ability our middle aged protagonist have. but the liquid fluoride thorium reactor will make that clear. Also perhaps the quote from Stephen hawking will solve this "“If time travel is possible, where are the tourists from the future?”

Like I said, it maybe possible for a different series but not for this one. If we look at Saturo's personality from as a child to current (29) and all that he's trying to accomplish, then the possibility you suggested is externally close to zero.
It's like dividing 1 by infinity or better yet, zero by any number. It's never gonna happen.

My theory is like divding 1 by infinity beer, or better yet, vodka shots by any number. It's definitely gonna happen tonight, cause i am drunk as hell.
Feb 11, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting episode. Poor Airi.

Murderer is an expert at framing people.
Feb 11, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2014
This show continues to be so frustrating to watch because nothing good ever happens but thats also why I like it, it keeps throwing curveballs over and over at the viewer, there's no downtime, theres no time to rest. Easily one of the best shows of the season, maybe even of the past year because it as adapted from such a good Manga.

But wow, I love Airi and Satoru, I hope by the end of the show which will be the same as the manga that is also ending they will both be together.

Or maybe he saves Kayo and she is all grown up? Who knows, im not gonna read the manga since I already started the show just to save myself from finding things out early.

Great Episode, as always.
Feb 11, 2016 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
Madara22 said:
He saw the face of the killer :X Once .... If he's able to go back in time and meet him again if I remember correct at the crossroads he'll be able to finally close the serial kidnapping murders once and for all.
Yes, but it's not going to be easy ^^

Even if Satoru knows the killer's identity how can he prove it? Not many people will take the word of a small child at face value. I'm guessing there's going to be a chess-like series of events in the next few episodes where Satoru has to outwit the killer and find evidence in order to incriminate him while simultaneously saving Hina, Hiromi, and any other potential victims.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Feb 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Nov 2015
SO MANY CLIFFHANGERS... definitely the best show this season! I can't wait until next week ;_;
Feb 11, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2009
Holy fucking shit, this show is amazing. This episode was over in no time.

These cliffhangers tho, FFUUUUUUU. The last time it was this painful waiting for a new episode was way back when Steins;Gate was airing. IT'S UNBEARABLE.
Feb 11, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
aikaflip said:
I wish I'd paid more attention to people's names in the previous episodes. I didn't know half of the people that were being listed off.

Exactly this lol. I think I need to re-watch the episode since I was like half paying attention unless someone wants to summarize crucial points for me lol.
Otherwise, sweet episode overall; and damn cliffhangers during their thing.
Feb 11, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2011
is it the teacher?
Feb 11, 2016 1:59 PM

Jun 2011
namea said:
Paulo27 said:
Really ladies? What are YOU doing here? What the hell is this even supposed to mean?

The ladies are simply on a walk in the park with a child which is not strange at all. But it's a standard that adult men are in work during that time of day, so seeing one in the park is odd. Moreover he's interacting with kids who don't have parents there, so they are being a little paranoid and assuming his pedo.

I thought that too, I guess it's a japanese culture thing. That's not really too hard to understand.

Also, the police lady was crying while holding Airi, it made me think it was her mom! Hmm...
Feb 11, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2015
DaylightDream said:
Madara22 said:
Yes, but it's not going to be easy ^^

Even if Satoru knows the killer's identity how can he prove it? Not many people will take the word of a small child at face value. I'm guessing there's going to be a chess-like series of events in the next few episodes where Satoru has to outwit the killer and find evidence in order to incriminate him while simultaneously saving Hina, Hiromi, and any other potential victims.

I hope that Satoru is able to go back in time even further then just after the death of Hinazuki I want him to save her also I feel like the serial killer may be the teacher but I know I'm wrong :/ He could be someone in the Police Department that got transfered to another district tho since there were kidnappings there too. Or someone high in the Goverment for example like what he thought a Politician?? I have a bad feeling about his blonde haired friend tho :X
Feb 11, 2016 2:01 PM

Nov 2014
Oh come om guys we all know the mc has his convinient plot device aka time travel powers, that will fix everything

Still 4/5 , pretty excited for the next episode
Feb 11, 2016 2:02 PM
Apr 2015
I bet it is the teacher to be honest! I really really think he is the killer.Or the detective guy? I cant trust red eyes anymore :'D

Awesome episode again. I just love this show but I somehow got a bad feeling about a "happy" ending. Dont know...

Best Anime this Season and the cliffhanger was awesome as always.
Feb 11, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2015
Man, what a thrilling episode! I feel so sorry for Satoru. Can't wait to find out in which year/time he'll be in the next episode. How am i supposed to wait until next week?
Kundalini said:
Really makes me think of a reincarnation now... If Satoru can go back, then why can't Hinazuki come back, right?

I was thinking about that since the second episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2015
A little better than last week,but still...

At least now we know for sure that Airi's whole family is stupid.I mean,what kind of mother helps her daughter escape a hospital to meet up with a murder and arson suspect?And all this based on Airi's (a 17 year old's) judgement.
Also,I don't buy the killer's motive for going after Airi.Satoru's figuring out of things wasn't really based on any substantial evidence,rather on a series of assumptions.In fact,he wouldn't have to bother at all if he wasn't so "shady" in the first place.

Anw,this show has a lot of work to do to put the story back on track.
Feb 11, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2014
It seems that Satoru doesn't want to hold back about his feeling anymore. Thus, figured out the most valuable words for Airi.

Oh man!!! That cliffhanger to the next Revival. Now, I can't sit patiently.
Feb 11, 2016 2:10 PM
Apr 2015
Can I rate this higher than a ten? Good god this show is amazing.
Feb 11, 2016 2:13 PM
Jan 2016
Kaioshin_Sama said:
AzureSymphony said:
Boku Dake is certainly a time travel anime, because the 25 mins I spend watching it feels like seconds. 6 more weeks of this suspense every Thursday is going to kill me.

It's certainly a time travel anime because when I read threads on it I feel like I'm reading the same basic post on it over and over again every 6 seconds. Either people have little to actually contribute on the show or I'm stuck in a time loop. Also if you're going to run a noitaminA hype show of course you need constant cliffhangers.

rickfurious said:
Seriously this show keeps me on my toes. Each week it keeps getting better. I wonder how far he'll get sent this time. Just really frustrating seeing the killer there when Satoru got arrested. Hopefully the ending is really good.

IMO the last couple weeks haven't really been up to par so don't see how it's getting better and better unless that's just a stock post.

DaylightDream said:

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the teacher judging by how the man looks;

Gee could it possibly be the unambiguously ominous ultra creepy looking man with the red eyes that the show has been telegraphing since pretty early on? IMO this is one of Tomohiko Ito's weaknesses as a director, he often portrays antagonists, especially adult male ones as so over the top evil that there's little subtlety to it. It's not quite as blatantly obvious as that Sugou guy in SAO or Shinon's rapey friend in SAO II but I mean like come on.

Yet again I'm struck by how I can be so far off from the general assessment of something, especially when it comes to subtlety. Like to me there's nothing particularly subtle about this show, it's so on the nose with everything like most J-Melodrama that it kind of hurts sometimes,but too each their own. Not going to take people's assessment of a hype show too seriously here.

The amount of cringe I get from reading your posts about erased, sure it's obviously your opinion and our opinion on how good the show is, but you gave fate/zero s1 a 7 and s2 a 6, you also gave sao a 6.
Are you a troll? Trying to tell me Fate/Zero is on the level of the garbage called sword art online? The fact that you even put fate/stay night higher than fate/zero makes my brains hurt. From now on I'll just consider you as a troll whenever you talk about erased. also you seem to giving high scores to a LOT of hype shows which is ironic but to each their own
Feb 11, 2016 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Still makes me fucking mad why anyone would hurt a kid like Hinazuki let alone kill her.
removed-userFeb 11, 2016 2:46 PM
Feb 11, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2014
ok so he sees the culprit at the end scene. The question here is that whether he recognises him or not
Feb 11, 2016 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
god dammit that was so beatiful the symbolism at the end oh god mindgasm
Feb 11, 2016 2:39 PM

Aug 2015
hazZ_x64 said:
Johndahon94 said:
It was all over so quickly, this show is soo good.
My thoughts with every episode of boku dake up to now. Time just flies by watching this series.

Really great series. I love the accent of the MC. Is it the Kansai one?

I don't know if you did that on purpose or by accident with the "Time just flies" but nice one, hahaha!
Feb 11, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
namea said:
The ladies are simply on a walk in the park with a child which is not strange at all. But it's a standard that adult men are in work during that time of day, so seeing one in the park is odd.

No, it isn't. You'd have to live in a world without shift workers, students, unemployed, people that work weekends, part timers, people that are sick, people that are on vacation, people that walk through parks as part of their job etc. I have a park behind my house. The only thing odd here is women thinking it's odd a guy is walking through a park.

Also, two school-aged boys in park during school hours and that isn't odd?

No, that was just a very poorly thought out scene.

What I found odd was their plane floating down the river at the end.
Feb 11, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2015
Besides the dirty cliffhanger making me rage, I really hope that Satoru goes through all of this alive and writes that Shinigami manga sometime.
Feb 11, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
ibraheem234 said:
ok so he sees the culprit at the end scene. The question here is that whether he recognises him or not
Judging by the look on his face I think he does know. However, let's say that's not the case and he doesn't know. It probably won't take him long to figure out the killer's identity now that he's seen his face.

At the very least Satoru can be reassured that Jun (his friend in jail) is actually innocent of the crime against Hinazuki. You know what, I just got a thought. Since Satoru's going to jail it would be amazing if he could end up meeting Jun again and possibly getting more information about the killer that way.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Feb 11, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2008
SasukeUchiha said:
FUCK THIS SHOW OMG FUCK FUCK FUCK. ALL THESE FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS UGH IT'S KILLING ME. HOW CAN I WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK? ugh HOW?

LOL BEST POST EVER HAUAAHUAHUAHUA
Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM

Jan 2014
I am somewhat hyped after this episode. I can finally agree with Steins;Gate comparisons, these shows are very much alike on the emotional level. Although I still think that 12 episodes won't do this show justice.
Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
My God. It's that good that I can't even write how.
Btw that butterfly in last frame was... Well unnecessary reference for obvious movie..
rsc-plFeb 11, 2016 3:00 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 11, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
Another brilliant episode. But fuck, that ending. That suspense. That was fucking well done. Just feeling more and more that it is the teacher.

Feb 11, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Sokah said:
What I found odd was their plane floating down the river at the end.
Symbolism about not truly helping others if you follow his monologue about the grim reaper. His help to get it to fly ended up with them losing their plane immediately. Seemed unnecessary.
Feb 11, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2015
The reason they gave for the killer going after Airi was so weird in the anime. In the manga it makes a lot more sense.

In the anime, Satoru and his Mom witness the potential abduction (in ep 1), and then run into Airi after the killer had already drove off. However in the manga, Satoru and his Mom run into Airi, and THEN Satoru's Mom notices the killer, who notices her as well, before he abandons his plan and drives off.

He killed the mom for recognizing him from the past, but he also went after Airi because not only did she see him in the parking lot the day he attempted an abduction, she also ran into him again when he visited the pizza shop to talk to the manager. Although she didn't recognize who he was at first, the killer attempts to kill her because he didn't wanna take any chances of her realizing who he was later on.

Anyways, aside from a few things here in there, this was still a very good ep.

Feb 11, 2016 3:10 PM
Apr 2015
another episode that felt like less than 10 minutes. my mind is all over the place. this episode I swear. Satoru arrented, he seeing the suspect, and oh another revival! Cliffhangers. huhu can't wait.
Feb 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2010
Glad Airi survived the fire. Don't know who the best girl for me is anymore since they're both so great.

Show is still great but I feel like it's a little rushed. I just hope they don't rush the end.
Feb 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2014
Feel so bad for Satoru ! As episodes were released, I appreciate so much Airi, love her su much <3 ! Fuck this murderer, I'm sure he is Satoru teacher when he was a kid. Which makes vibrates my heart when Airi apologizes to Satoru then he said ''thank you for trusting me, it allowed me to move forward'', so much emotions in this scene :(. Finally, this fucking killer shows himself, I'm sure Satoru will use his power at the next ep. I can't wait until next week :(.
Feb 11, 2016 3:23 PM

Jun 2015
Another standard episode, better than last week's, but still nothing too special. Hopefully they'll start answering some questions soon. 4/5 for this episode, 8/10 overall so far.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Feb 11, 2016 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
This episode is another reason why I shouldn't watch "great" airing anime shows because they always seem to tact on a cliffhanger at the end. *Sigh*
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Feb 11, 2016 3:26 PM
Jul 2012
Sokah said:
namea said:
The ladies are simply on a walk in the park with a child which is not strange at all. But it's a standard that adult men are in work during that time of day, so seeing one in the park is odd.
No, it isn't. You'd have to live in a world without shift workers, students, unemployed, people that work weekends, part timers, people that are sick, people that are on vacation, people that walk through parks as part of their job etc. I have a park behind my house. The only thing odd here is women thinking it's odd a guy is walking through a park.

Also, two school-aged boys in park during school hours and that isn't odd?

No, that was just a very poorly thought out scene.

I have to stop you, and everyone else saying the scene was bad, right there.

a) The story does not directly address the time of day the park scene takes place. Therefore, any argument about where people should be at certain times of the day is missing the point of the scene.

b) The women were genuinely concerned with seeing a grown man spending time with two unaccompanied children. By saying just that, and loud enough for the man to hear them, they are letting him know they see him. Just like the grocery store parking lot scene, in the beginning of the series.

c) The true point of the scene is the following statement by Satoru, "Is this how people thought of Yuuki?" Jun Shiratori, a.k.a. "Yuuki," was arrested, framed, tried, AND convicted because of how society views lone adult males around lone children.

Your personal opinion on adult men around children may vary, but that only helps you appreciate the social flaws the story is addressing. You find the statement those women in the park made to be more odd than a grown male spending time with two young boys in a park? That is fair. But realize that society is largely reflected by those women's concerns.

Now, all that being said, I am not saying you have to agree with the two women from the park. What I am saying is that just because you do not reflect their worldview does not make the scene poor.
Feb 11, 2016 3:29 PM

Mar 2015
My thought on Hiromi.

Feb 11, 2016 3:35 PM
Jul 2012
GuidedCursor said:
My thought on Hiromi.

Hahah, to quote Hiromi from that very flashback, "T-that's gutsy!"
Feb 11, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
ZingFreelancer said:
This episode in a nutshell.

My sense of time got disturbed greatly, 20 minutes was over in an instant.
6 more weeks of this torture?
I think almost everyone watching this episode had this same reaction.
Feb 11, 2016 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Are cliffhangers a new trend?
If it isn't it should be.
Feb 11, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
Damn.. I must have watched some kind of shortened down version of the episode.. at least it feels like that. It ended so quickly ;_;
He knows the actual culprit now... hopefully this means he can prevent Hinazuki's death and still keep his connection with Airi...
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.