Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2011
The official website for original TV anime Mayoiga announced that it will premiere exclusively on April 1 on WOWOW channel and later on April 9 on MBS and TBS. In addition, the site posted the cast and key visuals for the new characters. The ending theme song will be performed by Rina Katahira.

Cast
Mitsumune: Koudai Sakai (Pupa)
Masaki: Yuuka Aisaka (Sakura Trick)
Hayato: Taku Yashiro (Kono Danshi, Mahou ga Oshigoto Desu.)
Koharun: Kaoru Sakura
Valkana: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Lion: Hiromi Igarashi (Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!)

Synopsis
30 young men and women who came together on a shady bus tour. The tour's destination: an elusive and possibly non-existent village called Nanakimura. In Nanakimura, one can lead a utopian existence, free of the world's obstacles... or so it was rumored.

The bus headed deep into the mountains, carrying 30 people each harboring their own expectations and wounds in their hearts...

What they had arrived to was an uninhabited village with the lingering faint scents of life, even though it was falling apart.

Just what is the truth of Nanakimura? (Source: ANN, edited)

Source: Moca News
arsonalFeb 18, 2016 4:00 AM
Feb 4, 2016 2:58 AM

Nov 2011
Could be a hit or miss. I'm very interested to see what the director will do with this show though. Also some fresh cast choices.
Feb 4, 2016 3:13 AM

Feb 2014
I really like the synopsis and key visual but the Studio has a pretty poor track record.
Feb 4, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2014
quite a few seiyuus who seem to be new to voice acting.
Feb 4, 2016 3:24 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Interesting synopsis......worth a try

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 4, 2016 3:25 AM

Oct 2013
This better be dark and twisted instead of it being some boring ass show about how a bunch of random individuals can become close to one another while being taken to a weird place with a seemingly dark past which would turn out to not be the case.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Feb 4, 2016 3:29 AM

Feb 2012
This got good potential, love the description, hope it's a Seinen to round it all up.
Feb 4, 2016 3:34 AM

Jul 2012
You had me at Tatsuhisa Suzuki.
Feb 4, 2016 3:36 AM

Aug 2008
"Men and women" but I see mainly kids there. Could be interesting if characters were adults.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 4, 2016 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
Antanaru said:
"Men and women" but I see mainly kids there. Could be interesting if characters were adults.

Yeah, was expecting sht loads of Ecchi & maybe Hentai but I guess, my wish won't come true :P
Feb 4, 2016 4:28 AM

Mar 2014
Lots of new seiyuu in the cast it seems

I'm in for Tatsuhisa
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 4, 2016 4:34 AM
May 2012
This should be good!
Feb 4, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2010
Sounds nice but I'm not really hyped. With lower expectations, if it turns out to be good it would be more satisfactory, I guess.
Feb 4, 2016 5:49 AM

Jul 2014
Great synopsis, and agree that it could be a hit or a miss. However it's tempting me enough to not let it go. Have my doubts if Diomedea can pull this off or not but this one is going in my plan to watch list.
Feb 4, 2016 6:17 AM

Dec 2012
I love these kinds of settings,i'll pick it up, despite the most of the seiyuu being rookies.
Feb 4, 2016 6:26 AM
Mar 2010
It has a mixed cast, nice character designs and Tatsun. I'll give it a try.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 4, 2016 6:41 AM

Jun 2013
Sounds good + Tatsu
Feb 4, 2016 6:43 AM

May 2015
I'll be watching this because of Tatsun, I just hope it ends up being at least decent
Feb 4, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2014
For those wanting to see the character descriptions: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-04/mayoiga-original-tv-anime-stars-kodai-sakai-yuka-aisaka/.98321

Great looking key visual, the attention to detail on the bus and the background look excellent, this will probably end up as Diomedia's best looking work yet. Really love the character designs as well, has a NagiAsu feel to them. Been needing another good drama to watch and with this staff it could turn out really good, just needs to be 2-cour (I find for drama anime it's more effective).
Feb 4, 2016 8:33 AM

Dec 2014
'Series Composition: Okada Mari' is enough for me to start this anime. (Other notable anime done by her: AnoHana, Nagi no Asukara, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, True Tears, Toradora, Hanasaku Iroha, ...)

The only concern is the studio. Diomedia has not been great last year, producing a series of rather poor quality anime. Hope they can redeem themselves.
Feb 4, 2016 9:59 AM
Apr 2012
Mezter said:
'Series Composition: Okada Mari' is enough for me to start this anime. (Other notable anime done by her: AnoHana, Nagi no Asukara, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, True Tears, Toradora, Hanasaku Iroha, ...)

The only concern is the studio. Diomedia has not been great last year, producing a series of rather poor quality anime. Hope they can redeem themselves.

Mari Okada is a hack
Feb 4, 2016 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
Mezter said:
I haven't seen NnA and TT but rest of the series you mentioned is either mediocre or just plain bad. Looks like it's better to have very low expectations for this series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 4, 2016 11:04 AM
Jan 2016
I'll be picking this up; the plot sounds interesting enough.
Feb 4, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2015
Mezter said:
'Series Composition: Okada Mari'
Nope.jpg, Nope.jpg.
Feb 4, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
this seems really interesting! that, along with the fact that suzuki tatsuhisa is in it is enough for me to give it a try!
Feb 4, 2016 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
Mezter said:
I haven't seen NnA and TT but rest of the series you mentioned is either mediocre or just plain bad. Looks like it's better to have very low expectations for this series.

Okada Mari is a very prolific writer and has her ups and downs but she does have some truly great series. She can do some very good originals such as True Tears, AnoHana and Hanasaku Iroha. Of the shows that are originals, True Tears is probably one of the best written love triangles even though my favorite ship sunk. Of her adaptions I thought she did an excellent job on Toradora which has one of the cutest kiss scenes in the history of anime :)

She can tend towards melodrama (AnoHana and some of Hanasaku Iroha) but combined with a strong director she is an excellent writer.
Feb 4, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
Antanaru said:
Mezter said:

Well interestingly the rest of those anime which are 'mediocre or just plain bad' are rated quite highly in this website. If you dislike those kind of genres you should better avoid her works like this anime.
Feb 4, 2016 1:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah, overall this is really interesting but the anime can go to shit pretty quickly depending how it goes.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 4, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
Mezter said:
Well interestingly the rest of those anime which are 'mediocre or just plain bad' are rated quite highly in this website.
Right, because scores on mal are such a good indication of show's quality... Popular is not the same as good.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 4, 2016 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
Mezter said:
Well interestingly the rest of those anime which are 'mediocre or just plain bad' are rated quite highly in this website.
Right, because scores on mal are such a good indication of show's quality... Popular is not the same as good.

No, but it does mean that you're in the minority. MAL can be a bit of a crap shoot at times but something scores high because many people like it. It doesn't mean you'll like it of course :)

Personally I think that AnoHana, Toradora and True Tears are among the best in their respective genres. The others mentioned I would consider good to great.
Feb 4, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2014
Antanaru said:
Mezter said:

Although MAL cannot be an absolute indicator of how good a show is, it provides some idea of how good it is.

Just because you don't like those genres/anime does not mean the show is bad.
Feb 4, 2016 2:37 PM

Oct 2014
a relatively new cast, looking forward to see how their VA is, especially with the ones whos not done much shows, another show i quite look forward to despite the relatively new cast
Feb 4, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2014
This looks to be very good, yeah!
Feb 4, 2016 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
Many new seiyuus here and the story seems interesting.
Feb 4, 2016 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
New Seiyuu. Can't wait
Feb 4, 2016 8:41 PM
Sep 2013
Interesting synopsis I'm looking forward to it.
Feb 4, 2016 10:34 PM

Feb 2014
Sounds very slow paced...if only this had horror in it.

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 4, 2016 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
Mezter said:
Just because you don't like those genres/anime does not mean the show is bad.
I don't judge a show just by whether I like it or not.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 5, 2016 3:03 AM

Aug 2008
@Mezter These shows didn't leave much of an impression on me but here we go: AnoHana was fairly good in big part thanks to technical aspects and had a solid story but as far as I remember it got overly dramatic at the end. Still, good but not great. Sakurasou... This sure was forgettable, I remember only standard and rather bland characters and forced drama. Toradora was disappointing. It looked like it could break from "another Kugumiya Rie clone" shell at first but it still sunk into depths of cliches accompanying her characters. And Hanasaku... looks like I couldn't get past 15 episodes. I can't even recall why. Probably boring or annoying characters coupled with dull plot.

It all had to be really lacklustre if that's all the impressions I have after not that much time to be honest. It's an epitome of mediocrity, so bland you can't even muster any emotions about why it's bad.

Of course I'm not putting all the blame on Okada or directors, since there's so much you can do with bad source material, but if a writer or a studio is involved in many bad or mediocre series over and over again you start to get wary of them.

To make it simple, most of these titles are like soap operas or Hollywood summer romantic movies. They are popular and might even have high whatever ratings but it still doesn't change the fact it's basically the same bland and low quality thing in a different wrapping. You've seen one, you've seen them all. And don't want to see again.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 5, 2016 3:42 AM

May 2014
Sounds pretty interesting tbh.

Feb 5, 2016 4:18 AM

Nov 2014
I guess I'll give it a shot.
Feb 5, 2016 5:09 AM
Jul 2014
this anime looks really promising!! hopefully it lives up to the potential it has just based on that synopsis :3 it'll be interesting to hear these new voices as well!
Feb 6, 2016 2:38 PM
Nov 2012
This series gives me some vague feelings of Infinite Ryvius, which was a series I liked. However, the staff behind it is not reassuring. Mari Okada has a spotty record (IBO is doing alright, for now), and I can't say I'm really impressed by any of Mizushima's work. This series still seems worth checking out.
Feb 8, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2016
how did I miss this? Very exciting to see they have strong cast.
Feb 8, 2016 6:56 PM

Feb 2016
Synopsis is realy interesting, should be good!!!
Thanx Nya !!!
Nya Nya !
Feb 11, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2011
Wooo this actually sounds pretty good! Can't wait for the thriller part and one goes crazy, everyone gets killed by unknown assailant. ;p But seriously though, depends on how they handle the drama, this could be pretty damn amazing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.