Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 9, 2009 2:09 PM
Sep 2008
adamantine said:
New-ish poster on the official website:

It's beautiful.

Oh Olivia Armstrong, I'd let you whip me while spitting in my face anyday.
Jul 10, 2009 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
FINALLY some new stuff!!! It was interesting to see the past 14 episodes, but I'm glad brotherhood is now different from the first FMA series. I've started, but never really got far into the manga, so this is my first time seeing the original storyline...and I like it so far.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jul 10, 2009 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
New territory = awesomeness. Lots of action in this ep, Bradley vs Greed was especially cool. Looks like we get the characters from Xing in the next ep. Can't wait!

Jul 11, 2009 1:58 AM

Mar 2007
Manga Wrath smashing Greed was the apology from BONES I've been waiting for.
Jul 11, 2009 2:41 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
kodial said:

Greed and his gang lasted only that much?
ULTRA SUPER FAIL.

If you keep telling that it's not being rushed again and that's just the way it happened in the manga, well, what can i say? the first anime series were simply better than the manga too, so far at least...

Greed's gang lasted longer in the manga

Greed, however, longer than he did in manga.

QFT.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 11, 2009 1:52 PM
Jul 2008
Like, awesome episode, just like all the rest.

I don't know what you all think, but I think having a fast pace won't be beneficial when they catch up with the manga. Yeah, now they have material for at least 30 episodes, but if they have this pace for all of the other episodes, they will just have to make fillers if they want to continue or take a break for at least two years to have material for a decent second seazon since the manga is monthly. My opinion is that they should just take it slowly.
Jul 11, 2009 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
whatta fight between the fuhrer and greed ..!!!

LOVE IT ..!!
Jul 11, 2009 11:32 PM

Dec 2008
Wow this is so different from the FMA1, but in a good way! :D Censorship was thrown out the window for this episode, the scenes with the Fuhrer fighting were outstanding, Al is still a kiddo.
Jul 12, 2009 6:23 PM
Aug 2008
A boat load of fresh new stuff. I haven't kept up with the manga, so this is exciting. :)
Jul 14, 2009 12:46 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I LOVE THIS.

AWESOME ANIMATION.

SUPER INTENSE FIGHTING SCENES.

IT'S FINALLY OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT THAN THE FIRST FMA!!!!!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jul 14, 2009 7:18 AM

Aug 2008
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUU-

My mind is exploding with plot twists (I've neither watched the original anime, nor read the manga).

Anyway, it's awesome.
Jul 14, 2009 9:13 PM

May 2009
Now that I didn't expect. (Haven't seen the first anime OR read the manga yet.) I knew Bradley was a douche, but I didn't think he was going to be EVIL evil.

Overall, I have to say this one felt a bit rushed though. Still pretty good.
Jul 15, 2009 4:19 AM

Aug 2008
GAALJLAJFLAFAMFAASFA

Wow.

Just wow.

Intense stuff. Bradley freakin' owns with his swords man. Ah the last bit with the Homunculus. >_______________< Freakin' A.
Jul 19, 2009 2:18 PM
Jul 2009
I was so excited about this episode ^-^ finally we get to see my second favourite character haha! <3 Ling

it was great seeing sloth properly.
They are doing an amazing job bringing the manga to life :D
Jul 20, 2009 10:36 AM

Sep 2008
Amaaazing episode. Loved how it was basically loyal to the manga, and the animation quality was right up there. Felt like I hardly saw Greed at all in this series but oh well I suppose. XD'

I think I would've rather seen the episode end with Riza, but the part with the Fuhrer's family was a fitting ending too. Looking forward to seeing the next episode - and to seeing the Xing characters finally be animated!
Jul 22, 2009 12:34 AM

Apr 2008
kie_ said:
This is becoming really different from the original series. I hope it wont suck.

I agree. I dropped the manga because I was bored reading it. Although, I dearly love the first FMA series. I own every DVD. This series, well, I guess I'm enjoying seeing the differences but it won't be in my collection. It's a little confusing but not enough for me to pick the manga back up. If I wait long enough and watch more episodes, it'll make sense. At least I don't hate this version. It's okay.
Jul 27, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
well martel didn't last long, neither did greed who went out in a different fashion then he did before; and bradley is now wrath instead of pride, interesting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 10, 2009 5:39 AM

Jun 2009
Never read the Manga and only seen the Anime so...shock !
Greed is dead nooo !
And wtf Hohenheim oO
Aug 26, 2009 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
YES! We're finally getting into new material! Can't wait to see how they animate the rest of the manga ~
Sep 10, 2009 8:37 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode, love how this series is in fact following the manga.

However, I was disappointed with one of the little details conveniently left out. The manga of this episode, the original Japanese form of the manga of this episode, has Greed crucified. When the chapters came to the US via VIZ Media, they edited the original art to make the cross-shaped slab of rock just a blob-shaped slab of rock.

Not only did this episode change the shape that rock was in, but it changed Greed's position to arms by the side rather than straight out.

Now, I'm no Christian-hater or Satan worshipper, but the symbolism of a sin getting crucified was something I found particularly powerful in the series. I'm very, very disappointed that it was removed from the series because of religious controversy.
AriSkySep 11, 2009 11:30 AM
Oct 12, 2009 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
So... No Wrath from olf Fullmetal Alchemist?
Nov 1, 2009 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
WIN: 1:1 manga panels animated.
WIN: Animation quality
WIN: Minimum censorship
WIN: SUPERB ANIMATION QUALITY
WIN: Retaining most of important stuff.
WIN: Manga scenes :3333
ULTRA WIN: SLOOOOOTH!
YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT: Shadowing Father.

Yes, a lot of great scenes.

FAIL: cutting out A LOT OF STUFF.

A lot of stuff. Esp. Barry the Chopper. This was so needed because of the comic relief, as well as, the addition to the mystery. BTW, this episode was equavalent to chapter 31. They are going pretty fast.

THey end it with fuhrer's family.
It worked for me because the manga chapter ended the same way.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Nov 3, 2009 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
Amazing episode, one of the more fast paced action episode I've seen recently. Too bad that Greed character is gone so soon (I'll have to see him in the original FMA).

With that being said, I'll have to stop coming to the FMAB discussion threads because peple don't know how to control their freaking mouth (or fingers in this case) and spoil every new revelation, detail or difference that comes out.
Dec 13, 2009 8:22 AM

May 2009
only one question (i've not read the manga) so if King is wrath then who is pride?
Dec 13, 2009 10:54 AM

Feb 2009
firy said:
only one question (i've not read the manga) so if King is wrath then who is pride?

Not going to be revealed for a while in the anime.

Dec 13, 2009 10:58 AM

May 2009
but there is going to be one, right? O.o
Apr 12, 2010 6:58 PM

Mar 2010
Awesome episode! This is turning into a really good series!
Apr 13, 2010 3:05 AM
Nov 2009
Bad ass episode! One of the top brass of the military is one of the bad guys, awesome!

May 16, 2010 8:39 AM

Nov 2008
Well, this has just taken an interesting turn. I was not expecting that. I hope to see more of this!
May 17, 2010 2:47 AM

Apr 2010
Anybody bothering to watch the dub of this episode?

HOLY SHIT Ed Blaylock has seriously improved as Bradley over the 2003 series. I wasn't expecting much from his performance but he really does pull off being able to go from stone-cold killer to doting dad just like that.

My avatar basically sums up my reaction to hearing him during the Bradley vs. Greed fight.
May 19, 2010 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
Finally, some major new material. I've seen the first FMA but I haven't read the manga, so I'm excited for the new stuff.
Jul 5, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
I AM FUCKING SPEECHLESS. SO MANY THINGS IN ONE EPISODE? IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? AN EPISODE TO BE THIS GOOD? I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E. Okay seriously just like you guys, I am utterly shocked as to what happened in this episode.

First of all, THE FUHRER PRESIDENT IS A HOMUNCULUS TOO AND IS NAMED WRATH BY THE HOLHOL GUY, WHICH USED TO BE THE FAHER OF EDWARD AND AL, WHAT THE FUCK MAN.
Second, omg Wrath is a one tough guy. Too bad Greed is not with them anymore. I would have love to see them all together. All the "Ultimate" guys.

How the fuck will Ed and Al beat all these guys if they have the "Ultimates" and they don't? Also, wtf was that sacrifice those Homunculus was talking about? FUCK I AM EXCITED.
Jul 10, 2010 5:50 AM

Apr 2010
That's amazing and exciting as well, Fuhrer turned out to have a Oroborus eye. Wow, and I always thought something was suspicious about that eyepatch, but aren't the Homunculus doing on the military side. He introduced us with an amazing episode, Fuhrer Tai-san~

I'm excited for the next episode already! ♥
Oct 12, 2010 7:55 PM

Apr 2009
I feel like reading the manga now. But I'm not sure i'll keep up with it, knowing (roughly) what the story is about.

Good episode though.
Mar 17, 2011 6:22 PM

Mar 2010
Greed sure had it rough, the differences were really apparent

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2011 12:42 PM

May 2010
Good episode, a lot different from the original FullMetal series.
May 3, 2011 8:50 AM

Oct 2010
King Bradley. A homunculus?!?! I should've watched FMA1.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 2, 2011 2:47 PM

Dec 2010
Pride is Wrath now... As if I didn't said anything about Greed in my last comment on ep 13... My favorite characters are now already dead. What for I'll watch 50 more episodes? How could they kill Greed even faster than before... Even though they did it in Deus Ex Machina way... KUSO!
MeritasJul 2, 2011 2:57 PM
Jul 8, 2011 3:02 PM
Jun 2011
kie_ said:
This is becoming really different from the original series. I hope it wont suck.

This.
Aug 3, 2011 6:39 AM
Jul 2010
So... Interesting episode is interesting. The fights were just plain awesome. And all the revelations were just O_O

King Bradley is and Homunculus as well... I knew there was something fishy about the guy but I never expected that. And what does he having the "ultimate eye" implicate? Somehow, I got the impression he could know what others were thinking... On that flashback Roy Mustang had in episode 10, about the Ishbal war, he seemed to notice Roy's intentions. Now he says Ed is a honest guy... He probably doesn't "read thoughts" literally but he does get some info from those glares. I'm almost sure about that.

And then there's "Father", who created all the Homunculi and seems to have an hidden agenda I still can't figure out. Also, I think "Father" is also a certain someone's father. I hope not though, as it would be too predictable. Anyway, what surprised me the most was what I realized when Bradly talked about the sacrifices. When he said Al and Izumi were perhaps also suitable as sacrifices, I deducted that the sacrifices have to have seen the Truth. I have no idea why they need to have seen it or even what they're supposed to be scarified for. But things are getting better each episode.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 30, 2011 1:39 AM

Oct 2009
As expected, the father is their father.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
I never expected that of King BRAADLY, this show is getting really good now.

Damn Greed was awesome, he had to go like that..

Can't wait to see more Scar, I'm most interested in him right now.
Jan 21, 2012 10:02 AM
Jul 2008
Yanoflies said:
As expected, the father is their father.

LMAO
May 7, 2012 5:37 PM

Mar 2011
Holy fuck these discussions have a shit load of spoilers. I will be avoiding them from now on...
May 16, 2012 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
Bradley's fight scene was bad ass. That's all I can say.
Jun 20, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
Mother of fuck, that was a great episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 8, 2012 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, this episode was done exactly right to make me feel the brothers are diving into a world of fucked up mysteries with epic proportions. Even the comedy fits better now. When the serious storyline is convincing, comic relief is part of the contrast between good guys and monsters, normal life and madness. I guess this is where Brotherhood really begins, and looks like it's going to be awesome.
Oct 12, 2012 5:09 AM

May 2012
Great episode we did see allot of things happen in one single episode that was in the original version a couple episodes that would strengthen the story we also directly know now that Bradley is a homunculus and some other quite important things all in one episode but still great episode! There was also no reference with that greed had his skull in the fifth laboratory or how they'll finally kill him with that rather now it's just some molten carbon or so. We also see a first appearance of the father of both elric brothers for the first time speaking so yea lots of changes from the original version but it seems it fits the manga more!
Oct 30, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Boba_Fett said:
Great episode we did see allot of things happen in one single episode that was in the original version a couple episodes that would strengthen the story we also directly know now that Bradley is a homunculus and some other quite important things all in one episode but still great episode! There was also no reference with that greed had his skull in the fifth laboratory or how they'll finally kill him with that rather now it's just some molten carbon or so. We also see a first appearance of the father of both elric brothers for the first time speaking so yea lots of changes from the original version but it seems it fits the manga more!

agree

i think the fights here are much more intense and brutal compared to the original series.

Marta actually dies without even being able to escape.

we get to see King Bradley in action and he slaughtered Roa, Bido, Martel, Dolcetto.

in the first season Roa and Dolcetto get's killed by gluttony and lust

while Greed in the first season

King Bradley actually visits Izumi O___O

at least Sig didn't interfere :P

i actually remember that Izumi in the first season furiously hated State Alchemists that's why he's against Ed and Al's decision.

wow Greed dies in a molten fire O____O

did he survived?

so Hohenheim here is evil in this?

getting intense by the episodes :)
Jan 14, 2013 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
Lol King Bradley is the shit ....but Greed is hilarious he just never quiets
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.